Storms.

We Were In Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: Storms

 

“What?” Shinhye asked in disbelief again. Then she felt her stomach lurched, as if the baby was giving her a sign.

 

A negative sign; telling the mother about the storm that was about to come.

 

“Dispatch… they… they said they have the evidences and will release this news in the morning. My agency had tried to negotiate with them, but they even refused any contact with us until the news release this morning,” Yonghwa closed his eyes again, giving a deep sigh. “My agency told me to take care of this matter since this… this came from my past,” he said weakly.

 

Shinhye slowly got up to sit on the bed. Yonghwa joined her. He held her hands. “I’m sorry Shin. I even went to Dispatch and almost literally killed the reporter. I wanted to protect you and our family. I… I’ve promised you. Since the day we got married. I’m sorry…”

 

“H… how… how can that happened?” Shinhye was trembling. She suddenly felt scare. Scare about what would happen in the future. Scare for her daughter and baby in her. Most importantly, scare for her husband’s future. His career, his dreams. She could see how his dreams might be shattered if the news came out.

 

“Kim Yuna,” Yonghwa cleared his throat nervously. He pulled back and leaned against the bed head. Shinhye’s stomach lurched in pain again.

 

“She was the lady that we met in the airport. She was not… my fan. She… was from my past. Way back before I met you, my… my first love,” he was stammering. “I… I told her about us. I never thought she would sell the news. She… she is an international model, why would she want to sell this for some money? Damn it!” he cursed under his breath.

 

“Why would you want to tell her about us at the first place? Why Yong?” Shinhye looked at him.

 

“I… I..” Yonghwa lost his words. His mind was full with so many problems. He felt like his head was about to explode.

 

“You disappointed me, Jung Yonghwa,” Shinhye sighed and massaged her temple slowly. “It is fine if you don’t care about me back then, but Haru. Haru can get hurt this way, Yong. I don’t want anyone to hurt Haru. Even you.”

 

“I know Shin. I know. I don’t want either. They won’t be releasing any names of you. They would just give some clue because they wanted to play with us. I’ll be seeing them again tomorrow and try to persuade them to put down the news. I’ll try to handle this matter, okay?”

 

“Can I trust you again Yong?” Shinhye looked at him. “Just… just get a rest for now. You are drunk anyway. This talk would just end with waking Haru up,” she said, getting up from the bed.

 

“Where are you going?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“I need time to be for my own. My head hurt,” she answered.

 

“No, stay with me here. I need you, please Shin,” drunked Yonghwa was really clingy.

 

“Haru will keep you accompany. Be with her until she wakes up, Yonghwa. Be with her before things get worse,” Shinhye said before leaving the room.

 

Yonghwa sighed in frustration. He recognized that tone. That voice tone and glared from his wife. The same cold voice tone and glare as before.

 

---

 

The next morning, Shinhye woke up with Yonghwa on the floor, his head was on her tummy and his hand was holding hers. Haru was sleeping with her on the bed. Yonghwa must have carried their daughter together to the guest room.

 

Yonghwa’s phone rang once again after the previous one woke Shinhye up. Shinhye moved up, wakening her husband from his sleep. Yonghwa woke up, still half asleep and looked at his wife.

 

“Yong, your phone,” Shinhye said.

 

“It must be the manager,” Yonghwa said lazily.

 

“Are you going to just run now?” Shinhye said. “Is this really Yong? Have you not sober up yet?” Shinhye looked at him.

 

“I’m sorry for disappointing you. I’m sorry for lying. I’m sorry for hurting you and Haru,” Yonghwa said, holding her hands tight. “I don’t care for now if they wanted to expose me. What I care is you and Haru. I have hurt you. I know and I’m sorry, Shinhye-ah”

 

“Yonghwa-ah,” Shinhye held his face. “We are with you on this, okay. I’m scare. I can’t deny I’m scared. So please, don’t run from this. Let’s face this together okay. I’ll trust you on this.”

 

“You are not mad?”

 

“I am not and I wasn’t. I was just disappointed. But it is useless to be selfish with my own feelings rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter