Thank you.

We Were In Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19: Thank you.

 

“Anyeong Yongie!” Gyu Won greeted her co-actor with her graceful smile.

 

Shinhye moved her gaze to the ground and cleared nervously. “Yongie…? Did this woman just called my husband with her aegyo?” her heart said. But she didn’t know what to do now. Did she act like a wife and punched this woman for calling her husband with Yongie or did she just act as someone else since Gyu Won might not know about Yonghwa real status. Her mind was going forth and back, but her body remained there, silent and frozen.

 

Yonghwa noticed the changes on his wife’s face. As if he could read his wife’s mind, he wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned forward to whisper to her ears. “Don’t worry, she knew about us and Haru.”

 

Shinhye looked at him in disbelief. Yonghwa smiled, nodding his head slightly, as if answering the question mark that was showing on her face.

 

“Are you guys having dinner? I’m so sorry for turning up out of the blue,” said Lee Gyu Won, always with a happy smile. She was referring to Yonghwa who was wearing his apron.

 

“Ani. We are okay,” Shinhye spoke for the first time in front of Gyu Won. “Please, come in,” she invited the uninvited guest. Her heart was stirring with confusions and curiousity.

 

“Yeah, come in. You made me so curious. I have lots to ask you,” Yonghwa welcomed his co-actress.

 

“Please don’t misunderstood, but I actually came here to meet your wife, Yongie,” Gyu Won looked at Shinhye. “I heard about the happy news, so I dropped by for a visit and to say congratulations to both of you,” she sincerely wished them.

 

“Appa, is that harabuji and haelmoni?” Haru appeared in between her parents then. Everyone looked at her. “Oh eomma, isn’t her that lady that make money with appa? And appa kissed her on TV too,” Haru pointed at Gyu Won.

 

“Okay Haru, let’s continue our adventure in the kitchen. Eomma has a guest and you need to behave, okay?” Yonghwa carried her in his arms.

 

---

 

“I brought you some gift for you and your baby’s health,” Gyu Won put a paper bag of the gift on the coffee table in front of her.

 

Shinhye just stare at her blankly. “Thank you, Lee Gyu Won ssi,” she managed to control herself to be in a calm situation. She was actually puzzled with Gyu Won’s sudden visit.

 

“I’m so sorry, you must have been surprised to see me here today,” Gyu Won spoke when she saw Shinhye was so awkward with her. “I’ve been asking Yonghwa to bring me to see you, but he was scared if you still kept me as your dark past.”

 

Shinhye was taken aback with her words. So, this woman knows almost everything about her and Yonghwa?

 

“Oh, really?” she tried to smile as sincere as possible.

 

Gyu Won cleared and sat up straight. “Shinhye ssi, I owe you an apology actually. That’s what I’m here for. I know this is very awkward and sudden; you must be surprised with my visit today. I happened to be in the neighbourhood today, so here I am,” she ended up still smiling at Shinhye.

 

“I thought no one is allowed to know about our home except for family, close friends and staffs of Yonghwa.”

 

“Oh… about that… Minhyuk told me. After I begged him like so many times,” she replied. Shinhye frowned to her words. “I’m so sorry, Shinhye ssi. For everything; since the beginning even up till now, for this visit. I’m truly sorry. I just want to clear all the misunderstanding we have all this time that has caused trouble to you and your marriage.”

 

“Why now?” suddenly Shinhye’s eyes were filled with tears. “Why suddenly now?” her voice cracked.

 

Maybe Yonghwa was right, she still kept Gyu Won as her dark past even they have moved on. Gyu Won reminded her back about all the bitter histories. She didn’t want to be this emotional, but she could felt the baby inside her was crying with her too when the grey memories played in her mind as Gyu Won spoke.

 

“When you left for London with Haru, Yonghwa was devastated. He was acting like he was okay and strong all this time, but he was grieving for a month. As if he lost his beloved forever. That was when the bean was spilled. They told me, seeking for my help. Because they didn’t know what else to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter