A Day With Dad and V . pt.1

You're Different

My dad sent a maid to wake me up and she brought a pink sundress with her. She told me to put it on because I'm going to spend the day with my dad and BTS. I rolled my eyes when I heard BTS. I put on the sundress with black sandals. I don't really own any girly shoes because I wear Jordans and Vans.

"You look beautiful dear. Just like your mother," the maid happily said.

"My mom?" I asked.

She gave me a strange look, "You never seen your mom?"

"I saw a picture of her when she was holding me after birth but I didn't get a clear description of her face."

"Oh darling, you look exactly like your mother. She was so energetic and happy all the time. She was a one in a million girl," she said.

"Can I meet her?" I asked.

She sighed, "Oh how I wish you could sweety but nobody has heard from your mother since she ran away. She was so heartbroken when your father decided to put you up for adoption."

I scoffed, "I would do that too." Then I looked at her, "How do you know my mom?"

She smiled widely, "I'm her sister."

I was shocked, "If you're my mom's sister, that means you're my aunty." She nodded. "But why are you working as a maid?"

"I've been waiting for the day you would come back to Korea and the day has finally came." She hugged me tightly. "If only your mom would come back to see how much you grew up."

Then there was a knock on the door. My dad walked in.

"BTS is waiting outside. Let's go," he said. I looked at my aunty and she nodded in approval.

I took a deep breath before walking out of my dorm. I saw BTS and they were wearing shorts and muscle tees. I kind of died inside but I played it cool.

"Where are we going hyung?" Jimin asked.

"We're going to have a regular day like everyone else," my dad said.

"Like?" Rap Monster asked.

"Like shopping, movies, walking around," he said.

"Then let's go!" Jin said.

We entered a van that fit all of us perfectly. I sat between Jung Kook and Taehyung. Jung Kook tried having a decent conversation with me but I just gave him one word answers. I saw Taehyung glaring at Jung Kook whenever he said something to me.

I looked at Taehyung and he smiled. That made my heart go crazy and I didn't like it. I looked away and saw Jung Kook smiling at me. It didn't make my heart go crazy like Taehyung, but I just nodded and looked forward.

The van stopped in front of a street market.

"A street market? I thought we were going to the mall!" Jimin complained.

"We won't get trampled by crazy girls at a street market," Jin said.

"That's because there's mostly older people here," Jimin muttered.

"I decided to come here because I haven't been to a street market since the day after Minri was born," my dad said.

"WHAT?!" all of BTS yelled.

"YAH! NO YELLING IN THE VAN!" the driver scolded.

"Sorry," they all said.

My dad chuckled, "The day after Minri was born, my wife ran away without having a proper divorce."

"So you and Minri's mom are still officially married?" J-Hope asked. My dad nodded. "That is so cool. I want to meet Mama Minri!"

"Mama Minri?" I asked while giving a face of disgust.

"She's your mom so that makes her Mama Minri. And also, we all don't know her name," J-Hope said.

"Minri's mom's name is Lee Nana," my dad said.

"NAAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAA," they all said in sync.

"Let's talk about this on the way back. We need to do some street shopping," Jin said.

We all got out of the van and split into groups. Rap Monster with Suga and J-Hope, Jung Kook with Jin and Jimin, and me with my dad and Taehyung. We went desperate ways and I started to feel uncomfortable.

"Minri! I heard you loved to eat fried octopus," my dad said.

"I did. Until an octopus tried attacking me at an aquarium," I said.

"What?!" my dad and Taehyung asked.

"When I was thirteen, I went to an aquarium. The workers were cleaning the tank of the octopus. They put the octopus in another big tank which was right next to the original tank. I walked passed the tank the octopus was in, one of the tentacles grabbed me and started swinging me around in the air. The workers sprayed the octopus with something which made it put me down," I said.

My dad and Taehyung looked horrified by one of my stories.

"Why haven't I heard of this until right now?!" my dad asked.

"My other parents were probably be afraid to tell you, I guess." After that, we went to buy food.

I bought some deep fried squid. I was sitting down eating my food when Taehyung sat down next to me. He had a hotdog in front of him with ketchup and mustard.

"I haven't eaten a hotdog since the day BTS debuted," he said. I nodded and ate more of my food. 

Then my dad ran to us. "I'm sorry I took so long. The lines were tremendous!" he said and sat down.

I glared at his food. It was octopus balls. I moved a little bit away from it and eat my squid.

"Is there something...... Oh," my dad said. He nervously laughed and hid the octopus balls.

I sighed and looked away. I kept eating my food until I felt a hand on mine. I looked at it and my heart started to beat faster. Taehyung was the owner of the hand. He tried having some of my squid. 

He blushed and looked away, "I just wanted to see if it tasted good."

"It is," I simply said. I looked away and ate the last squid. I glanced at my dad and he was eyeing us.

"Do you two like each other?"

"NO!" we said in sync.

"Omo! Scared me," he said. He held his chest and took deep breaths.

"Sorry," I said. I rested my head on my hand.

"If you two would date, I would approve," my dad said.

"DAD!" I yelled in embarrassment.

"Actually, I would approve any guy you date as long as he treats you right and doesn't cheat on you," he added. It stabbed right through my heart.

I held the tears back and nodded. 

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Taehyung asked.

"No," I said.

"How can MY daughter not have a boyfriend before?" my dad asked and then took a bite of his octopus ball.

I shrugged, "I wanted keep my grades up."

My dad glowed at my answer, "That's my girl!" He looked proud of me.

I did keep my grades up but I did have a boyfriend. Kyungsoo. That .

"Minri! When we get back to the dorm, you want to come to BTS' dorm? We have spaghetti," Taehyung said with a smile.

"Sure," I said with no emotion but deep down, I was excited. 

"It's time to meet up with the others. Let's go," my dad said. 

We got up and walked to the van. Everyone was already inside the van.

"Let's go!" Jimin yelled.

"I want to hear the story of Mama Minri," Jin sweetly said.

My dad got in and smiled. "Minri looks exactly like her mama," he said. Everyone looked at me. "But Mama Minri is good at keeping secrets. Bad secrets."