Last wish

My Wife is a Genie

"Youre creeping me out Jackie. Will you please stop staring at me." I said without throwing her a look. Were now inside the limousine Jackie had rented herself. She wanted her birthday party to be this extravagant. We even rented a hotel, for god's sake. We couldve just do this at the restaurant. Mom and dad was already at the hotel, entertaining her guests.

"Come on tell me about it."

"About who?" I uninterestedly asked back.

"About this someone special that I know nothing about."

"Forget it. Even if I do tell you, it wont change anything that I lost her."

"You really love her dont you?"

I gulped as I tried to hide the tear that was threatening at the corner of my eye by looking around outside the car. When Krystal left and I learned that no one knew her, I never said her name to anyone ever again. I never once said anything about her. 

"Lets not talk about her Jackie. Please?" I pleaded.. It hurts me inside.. That everyday of my existence reminds me of her. My room. My bed. The hallways. The bathroom. The kitchen. The living room. The garden. The house. My parents. Jackie. And even the clothes I ing wear everyday.

Jackie stayed silent afterwards.

"You look good by the way." I complemented her. "But seriously.. Why are we cosplaying like this? Why are you dressed up like a princess and me like a prince? I dont get it." I said as I pointed out the dress I was wearing.

"My party's theme is a royal ball. I wanted to do a masquerade ball but I wont see who's who so I crossed the idea out and came up with this instead. And beside I always wanted to be a princess." She said as she flipped her shoulder length hair.

"How old areyou again?" She hit my shoulders. 

"Yah, not because Im old now I cant make my wishes come true right?"

"Yeah.. Wishes." I answered bitterly.

"You know what, for someone who watches Aladdin every ing day, you seem like unimpressed with Genie and wishes. I just noticed.. Cause you know you have this grimace on your face whenever you heard the word wishes." Jackiesstated as she encirled her index finger around her face. Pointing out what she have observed.

"I dont have anything against them.. They just remind me of something."

"Ohh so thats why youre watching it everyday.. Wow.. Is it related to this someone special of yours?" I looked away and kept silent.. Telling her anything wont change anything. It wont change the fact that I lost the Genie I love so much just because of making a wish. My last wish..

The rest of the ride to the hotel was silent. Jackie didnt pry anymore. She didnt ask anymore. We didnt talk anymore. And Im thankful she did. I know Im secluding myself this way but its better. No one can do anything or say anything that can make me feel better..

Nothing can make me feel happy..

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cause the moment I made my last wish..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sent my happiness away with it..