Birthday wish

My Wife is a Genie

Another year passed by so fast. Me and my family never got sick again, neither petty illneses nor serious ones. Were all in perfect health conditions, thanks to Krystal.

Business is going well too. Jackie manages it very well. She stopped helping mom and focused on the restaurant. She's planning on opening a branch in the mall downtown. After my graduation, I focused more on working for my dad but I didnt forget my responsibility on the restaurant, I still go there to help from time to time. Since Jackie has her two hands on the business, she never really needed me or my help and even said that Dad needs me more as his Human Resource Executive. Being a Psychology graduate, I have helped Dad in recruiting agents and also Im in-charge of all their character development. Kinda pretty hard to do but since I am the head of my department, I have my subordinates doing all the hard work and Im only doing the final report which is only once a month so I kinda have a lot of free time. 

 

Just like now. 

 

"Hey Jackie, is everything ready now?" I said over the phone.Im still at the office with Krystal reading her book in my couch. She never stopped studying and  it has been her hobby to read, whenever she goes out while Im doing something she always came back with a book in hand. She once took me to the bookshop where she buys the book, it was just a couple of blocks away from our building.

I hanged up and turned to my wife. "Hey Krys. Want to go to the mall? I need to buy something to use for tonight."

"You didnt say you had plans for tonight. Where are you going?" It amazes me wheneve she uses her 'wife tone'tone with me. Its kinda cute and I find it sweet. Dont ask me why. Everything about her is just super duper cute.

"Where are we going." I corrected her and thats when she raised her head at me with questionin eyes.

"Youre coming with me."

 

We dropped by the mall and bought our clothes. A suit for me and a red dress for her. A knee high one with see though sleeve, revealing those inviting shoulder and colarbones of hers. Damn she looks so y, I cant quite argue with those saleslady when they said it suited her cause it is, as if it was custom made only for her to wear.

"You havent told me where were going." Krystal said on the passenger seat. I already passed my driving lessons and I have my own car and driving liscense. I barely ride subways nowadays, just when Krystal and I feel like it.

"In the restaurant."

"In these?" I nodded as she referred to our clothes. 

"Were meeting a very important client, we need to be formal."

"But youre already in your suit earlier Stoopid, and I swear I dont look trash at all with my clothes earlier, why do we need to change into these?"

"You ask too many question Krys. You'll see why when we get there."

 

Soon after, we arrived in the restaurant. "Hey.. What are you doing?" She asked when I blindfolded her.. 

"No peeking. No magic. Just trust me.."

"But.."

"No buts too." I told her as I reached for her hand and pull her inside. Once there, I took off her blindfold and she looked so amazed with the changes inside the restaurants.

"Whats going on?" She asked. 

"Happy birthday Krystal." I said as I gave her the bouquet of flowers I personally picked yesterday in from our flourist.

"My birthday?" I nodded. When she came the other year, all of my families' birthday had already passed and when we celeberate it last year, I knew she wanted to have one since she had told me that she had never celebrated a birthday before. They dont have that in her time.

She threw herself at me and interlaced her arms behind my neck. "Thank you Stoopid.. Thank you."

"Since this was the day you came into my life two years ago, I decided to make this day as your birthday. If thats okay with you." I whispered to her as I tihten my hug at her waist.

I noticed it, when she's overly happy with something she cries.. Just like now.. I could hear her sob.

"Hey dont cry." I told her as I wipe her tears away. "Poeple will think Im making you cry." I smiled at her.

 

 

 

"Now come on lovebirds, Let start the paty.."

 

 

Krystal was so happy with all the gifts she had recieved. She looks like a 5 year old kid with that smile pasted on her lips as she took the gifts. Good thing that all our classmates before made it. I was the one who disseminated the invitations. Jackie was responsible for the food, Mom decorated the restaurant.. and Dad, ohh well he just took some of our colleuages from work to increase our guests number. Good thing he only asked those that are close to Krystal.

 

"So..youre 22 now.. Got any wish for your birthday?" She thought for a moment and looked intently at me before nodding her head. We were in the middle of the room, dancing in a rather slow and sensual music that the band was playing. my hands were on her waist and hers was around my neck

"What is it? I'll do it if I can." 

"Kiss me?" 

"Err what?" I asked when I thought I didnt heard her right.

"I said Kiss me."

"Why? You always get to kiss me when I come home."

"Youre never the one to initiate." She said straightforwardly.

I sighed. Atleast it wasnt right? "Okay. When we come home."

"I want it now."

"Now?" She nodded.

"But.. There's so many people around us."

"And so? It is my birthday wish anyway, and you said you'll do it if you can.. so..." 

"But.." I looked around.. Everyones eyes were on us..

"Come on Stoopid, I cant wait forever, its not like Im asking you to give me the stars and the moon, am I?." She's mocking me, isnt she?

"Ahhhm but just on the cheeks, okay?"

"On the lips.."

I gulped.. I never tried to kiss her since our professor had sent us to the guidance office.. I tried to control my hormones as much as I can thats why I never inititiate anything more than a hug.. But I guess tonight it cant be helped.

I held her chin as my eyes scanned her pink lips, as if teasing me she and wetted it with her tongue. Dear Lord.. I hope I can still control my hormones after this. 

I leaned closer..and closer.. and cloeser.. till our lips touched. It was supposed to be a quick peck on the lips but it became deeper and demanding with our tongues trying to taste each other's mouth. I could feel my heart beat raised tenfolds and my lungs constricted as I was running out of breath. As I pulled apart, her eyes were still shut closed, her lips were slightly opened and I cant read her face.. For the first time in two years, I wanted to know what Krystal was thinking.

I was about to capture her lips again when I heard Jackie's voice telling me in a whisper,

 

 

 

 

 

"Go get a room you two."

 

 

 

 

Aissshh... Im so gonna beat the hell out of Jackie, seriously.. 

Such a er.