Bad timing

My Wife is a Genie

"Yes sir? How can I be of help?" A sales lady asked, smiling at me. She just mistook me for a guy, I guess that'll be easier..

"Ahh.. Miss.. Can I see this one?" I told her as I pointed my finger at the two identical rings inside the glass shelf. It was the most far-famed jewel shop in town and they were right. Everything they sell was unique and of quality.

"For your girlfriend sir?" I shook my head and told her its for my wife.

"I know Im too young..." I gave her an awkward smile seeing how her face looked so surprise. 

"You have good eyes sir.. This is one of the best ever made wedding ring of our ring maker.. Since they said it was like a wish ring that whoever present it to the girl she loves with the hope that they'll be together forever, that wish will come true..so they say.. I dont know if its true though since no one had thanked me for selling it to them.." the sales lady laughedand continued explaining about the ring. 

"Thanks sir, hope that your wife would love it too. Come again." The saleslady said. After her long explnations about the ring I decided to buy it, I have been eyeing it for days and I jus thought that I should give Krystal a proper wedding ring..

"Im sure she will." Since she tends to love everything I gave her, as long s it came from me, sure she will. "Ohh.. I'll comeback here if it happen.."

"Sir?"

"My wish.. I'll come back here and will thank you if my wish came true.. So you better be around when it did." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I held the box in my hand with smile pasted widely across my face. I know I look like an idiot smiling by myself but I just cant help it. Im excited and at the same time nervous. Im going to properly propose to Krystal right now.. 

Im sitting inside the meatshop restaurant where I always bring her whenever she wants to eat meat. She loves the meat here thats why I chose  this place. Yeah.. I know it isnt the most romantic place but any place will do as long as Im with her. It can be romantic even if where just standing outside the street. Im just head over heels for her.. Yep.. Im that madly and crazy in love with her..

"Yah.. I told you not to.." I said as I hear a puffing  sound on the chair across me while I tried to hide the small box back inside my pocket where it originally was.

"Magically appear infront of you. Whats that?" She act pointing at my pocket.

"Nothing. Wait.. Why didnt you asked Jackie to drop you here?"

"She went to the restaurant earlier after you left, said she needs to check something there."

"Thats exactly why we hired a supervisor, so when were on our day off, someones looking after the restaurant."

 

The meal came and we ate happily till our stomachs cant handle anymore.. Jesus.. Krystal ate A LOT.. Im nowhere near what she had.

As we waited for our dessert.. I took out the box out of my pocket but didt show it to her yet, thinking if its the tight time already..

"Krystal.. I know youre still unable to feel love.. And still confuse about it.."

"Yes.. But Im sure that I dont want to be away from you Stoopid."

I smiled. Thats enough for me. Not wanting to be part from me means I am holding a great deal of space and importance in her magical life. 

 

This is it.

I took a deep breath and held the box in front of her.

"I love you Krystal and I want to spend the rest of my human life with you.. Will you..." I was about to open it when my phone rang..

 

 

"Hello? What?"

"Whats wrong Stoopid?" Krystal asked as I quickly hid the box inside my pocket and held out my wallet, paying our bill.

"Damn it.. Damn it." I cursed.. 

 

 

 

How can this happen??

How??

Why..?

Why now???

This is such a bad timing..

 

 

I pulled Krystal into a hug once were inside my car.

"I love you Krystal.. No matter what.. Okay?"

"What's wrong Stoopid?"

 

 

"Nothing.. Nothing..Sorry to cut our night short. I just need to go somewhere. Im taking you home alright?"

She just nodded.

I gritted my teeth, gripped tightly on the steering wheel and tried to hide my shakened emotions..

 

 

 

 

I dont want to lose Krystal..