Will you?

My Wife is a Genie

"I thought were going home Krystal?" I asked her when we walked pass my car.

"We are. But can we walk home? I just thought since we havent had a walk since you had a car Soopid. Now come on and walk like a human will you?"

"How? My sister is lying in that hospital bed Krystal. She's as good as dead. I dont have strenght to do this now." She pulled me into a tight hug.

"I.. I'd take all the pain away Amber.. If I could. I dont want to see you like this.. So please even for the last time.. Smile for me."

I broke off the hug, furious at what she said. "I havent said yes Krystal. I.."

"You dont have a choice Amber. You need to use your last wish."

"But I dont want to lose you Krystal. Dont you understand. I dont want to lose you. Maybe.. Maybe there's something we could do other than my wish? Can you really not use your power to heal her? Come on Krys.."

"I cant.. Its a life were talking about here Amber..if its an illness I can heal her but its something out of my capability.. Im sorry."

"How can you be so useless?" I said out of my anger and when I realize what I spat out, I immediately said sorry.

Silence engulfed us and she was the one who broke it of. "I understand youre mad knowing that we cant do anything about this.. But this is out of our hands. I am a genie who's power is limited when it comes to humans. I cant take someone's life nor can I take it back. Jackie is considered dead and I cant bring her back to life. Thats something we both need to deal with."

"I know. Im sorry." I reached for her hand and squeezed it. "Youre not useless Krystal, you gave me everything no human can give.. Something I cant have from a wish. I just want to.. I just want to save Jackie without having to lose you."

She squeezed my hand, "You wont lose me. I'll stay here." She put her hand on my chest, right above my heart. "I'll be forever in your heart, right?"

I nodded my head as tears stream down my cheeks.

I pulled her into a long seering kiss and when we broke it off for the need of air, I rested my forehead on hers. "There's a place I wanted to go with you, can you take us there?."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Beach?" I nodded as I took of my shoes and hers. 

"I always wanted to walk on the sand while holding your hands" 

"Cheeseball."

We started walking, feeling the cold breeze of air in our faces and the cold sand underneath our feet. Its cold yet it feels so warm because of Krystal's hand on mine. She's warming me up. 

"Youre the best thing that happened to me Krystal. I hope you know that."

She just nodded.

"Will you forget about me when I go?"

"No ofcourse I wont. You'll always be my first love."

"First love..." She repeated my words and a smile spread across her lips. "I still dont understand what love is but I think youre my first love too."

We stayed silent, savouring the long walk at the shore. We both know that it'll be the last time we'll be together so we tried to walk as slow as we can, if you ask me,I dont want to even make a step.

"Oh look, the sun is rising." She said, pointing at the sea where the sun meets the horizon. "Its beautiful."

"Yeah.." I wasnt really referring the sunrise but her. She looks like an angel with the rays of light emanated to her porcelain white skin..

I dont want to wait another lifetime so Im going to give her this right now.. I fished out the ring from my pocket.

"Krystal.." I knelt infront of her as I opened the box, revealing the two rings I bought for me and her.

"What are you doing Stoopid?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Will you marry me?"