Wonderful tonight

My Wife is a Genie

"Wait..Amber.. Wait.. My dress." Krystal whined behind me as I pulled her out of the small chapel in the secluded beach island where we disappeared to just hours ago. It wasnt that secluded but due to their location, the island wasnt that developed yet.

"It'll be fine.. Come on.." As I pushed the door of the chapel open, the conffettis and birds flying around alongside with the sun shining brightly up above the sky greeted us..

"Congratulations.." Everyone warmingly said with smiles pasted on their faces. 

Who could think I can make this possible with just half the day? I shouldve been a wedding planner instead if I knew I have the talent for this. With the money I have, I was able to pay the chapel, for the decorations and the guys who helped me with eveything. The kids helped me to pick up the flowers we used as our decoration in the chapel. The maidens of the town helped too so we finished everything in time. The guys do the hard work they made the tent where the reception would take place. And the old women was responsible for the food and the old men.. Oh they were everywhere, offering whatever they can to help. The town people was very kind to help us.. Without them i dont know if I'll be able to make the promise I made to myself for Krystal..

I rented one of their youngest married couple's wedding dress and suits.. It was a wonder how the dress fitted Krystal perfectly and the suit was of my size. Its as if The Heavens was giving us the chance to make it happen.

 

Yes it was simple.. but its meaningful for me and Krystal..

 

"Thanks everyone.. Thank you.. Without you this wouldnt be possible.. So thank you very much." I bowed to them and they all clapped at us..

"You look so beautiful Krystal." I saw her flushed red. She looks like a goddess of nature with that flower crown on her head and the bouquet of flower she was holding on during the whole ceremony.

"And so are you my Stoopid Husband." I love how My, Stoopid and Husband sounds so good together..

We headed off to the reception. Good lord.. The elders did a good job with the food and its amazing.. Its looks so delicious though I dont know what they made for us but Im sure its the most scrumptious food Ive ever seen. They did follow what I said.. To only serve meat for my beautiful wife. Yep.. My dinosaur wife..

"Why arent you eating?" Krystal asked me, I just smiled at her.. This is the first time I have ever looked at her like this while she was eating.. I feasted my eyes with her every single move.. The way she holds her spoon and fork. The way opens and closes. The way she chew her food and the way she swallowed it.

"Feed me..Ahh.." I opened my mouth for her.. She smiled at me as she put food inside my mouth.. I munched it happily as I rested my chin above my palm while my elbows was resting on the table.

"Can you please quit staring at me?"

"What? Now that Im officially your husband I cant stare at you anymore?"

"Its creepy you know.."

"Ohh wait till you see how creepy I am when its just only the two of us.." I wiggled my eyebrows to her and she slapped my arms. Her cheeks became rosy. I chuckled and she slapped me more..I cant help it, she's just too cute..

 

 

"May I have this dance?" I offered when the food ws long consumed and the reception now became a partying ground.. With a band playing songs with their less modernized music intruments.. A young lady was singing along with them.. A song that I know by heart..

She took my hand and we walked towards the center, the town people giving us way..

 

It's late in the evening 
She's wondering what clothes to wear 
She puts on her make up 
And brushes her long blonde hair 

And then she asks me, "Do I look alright?" 

 

 

 

 

I looked at her as I said the next line..

 

 

 

"And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight" "

 

We go to a party 
And everyone turns to see 
This beautiful lady 
That's walking around with me 

 

 

Our eye to eye contact didnt break as I pulled her into position. My hands on her waist and her hands on my neck. Our foreheads touching.. And we could breathe in each other's scent..

Again I sang the next lines..

 

 



And then she asks me, "Do you feel alright?" 

And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight" 

 

 

 

 

We sway along the beat of the song..  With the same timbre of our heartbeats and melody of our feelings.. We danced away every bit of sadness so only good memories will remain from this very moment..

 

Me and her..

Together..

Right now..

 

As if the world stopped turning and the time froze with everyone dissapeared around us.. 

Its like we were in our own world..

 

 

I feel wonderful 
Because I see the love light in your eyes 
And the wonder of it all 
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you 

 

 

 

How much I wanted the song to never end..

I leaned in for a deep and lingering kiss..

I love her so much.. 

 



It's time to go home now 
And I've got an aching head 
So I give her the car keys 
She helps me to bed 

 

 

Our clothes all scattered in the small nipa hut floor that I rented from one of the locals.. We're now fully as we lay on the bed made out of bamboo trees with the matress that the mayor of the town let us use for the night.

 


And then I tell her as I turn out the light 

I say, "My darling, you are wonderful tonight 
Oh my darling, you are wonderful tonight"

 

 

 

 

"I love you."

"I love you too." I replied before capturing her lips..

 

I promised to make you feel loved Krystal.. And here I am, keeping that promise..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Dont tell me you guys dont know the song I used?

Ohh well..

I like this version more than the original..

 

 

 

 

Oh yes.. Im THAT old.

But hey.. Old songs are great.. Theyre full of emotions.. 

So yeah..Im sharing you some pieces of my life.. 

*nods*