Night Changes

Doctor , Please

"Okay guys, it's our last week and we need to..."

Your thoughts drifted throughout the briefing. Maybe it was too early in the morning? Or maybe you didn't want to hear this stupid, boring briefing for the last time?

Everyone tried to cheer you up after the briefing. All of the others would see each other for the next album or promotions, but they knew this was it for you.

"I'm starting to regret meeting you guys. I'm gonna be so lonely after this stuck with all the other doctors." You said jokingly to Soomi.

"You wanted something extra for your resume, right? And this was a once in a lifetime chance!" Soomi nudged you.

"And besides, we can all see each other again after this." She continued optimistically.

Soomi was right, but you knew it wasn't going to be the same as how it is now. Everything would change.

"Let's see them rehearse!" Soomi suggested and ran ahead. You hesitated but followed Soomi to see the boys.

 

 

 

 

"That's my favourite part! I actually taught him how to do that!" Soomi pointed to Chanyeol. You laughed. These two have to be the weirdest pair ever. But it works.

You dragged Soomi backstage. She had a lot of work to do since it was the last week of promotions.

"All of that," You pointed to the boys' outfits."They're not going to style themselves, you know?"

"I know!" Soomi shrilled.

This was not the response I was hoping for. You knew she had something up.

"And since you have nothing much to do this week, you're gonna style all of them!" Soomi announced.

You chuckled. "No way. This is YOUR JOB woman."

Soomi sighed,"I'm serious, Airu! Come on, live up to your old fashionable self right now! It's going to be natural for you. You helped me out with Baek once, remember?" She pleaded. "Do this for me, okay?"

You thought about it for a while. Soomi could see you hesitating about the offer and added,"We need to prove to your horibble ex-crush for one last time that you're much more talented than him, right?!"

Well, that sentence got you convinved.

You immediately answered, "Let's do this."

 

 

 

 

After rehearsals, the boys spotted you with the other stylists backstage, looking extremely serious and different. "Woah noona, i'm seeing you in a different light. Soomi noona told us you were styling our outfits this week." Lay spoke up first.

"You better make me look nice." Sehun teased.

"Aigoo, let's leave her alone boys!" Luhan grunted.

"It's fine, Luhan," You reassured,"I'll miss all of this noise by the end of the week." You added quietly.

"Aww, did you guys hear that?" You heard Suho asking cheekily at the back of the dressing room.

"We'll miss you too noona." Xiumin muttered and gave you a hug. "No fair! I wanna hug her too!" Tao argued. And soon all 12 boys gave you a group hug.

Kris included.

 

 

 

 

The week passed by too quickly. You were busy with styling the boys' and Kris was too busy with his performances. You only had a chance to talk to him when you were styling him. As usual, both of you were too stubborn to be talking about your feelings and worries about the future. You and Kris were teasing and messing with each other like before, as if none of the romantic stuff had actually happened.

Maybe it's a good thing that we'll end like this? You tried to convince yourself.

 

It was their last performance today and you were mentally prepared not to cry or do anything stupid on your last day with them.

"You came a long way from being a -face. Look at you now, noona! You can't hide your emotions." You were walking with Kyungsoo to the TV station. You smiled. Thanks to them, you actually got your emotions back. Kyungsoo bought breakfast for the both of you to eat before their final rehearsal.

"Thanks for walking with me and for the awesome breakfast."

He grinned at you, showing his heart-shaped lips."It's unfair how the boys always get your attention and i'm just lost in the background. Especially that one guy..."

"Which guy?" You gave him a puzzled look.

"I really hope both of you would wake up and realise it soon." He continued, "I mean you guys already kissed!"

Wait what 

"Who told you that?!" You snapped.

Kyungsoo looked surprised after what he just said and looked around nervously. "Oh wow look at the time, we need to go. Rehearsal soon." He got up and left immediately.

You shook your head. It's not that easy, Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

You were enjoying your last day of work. Running around, joking with the boys about Sehun's underwear.

"Speaking of underwear, noona, you forgot my belt!" Sehun complained.

"Okay, okay, young master Sehun, i'll go back and get it, yeesh." You ran to the back and grabbed the belt.

"Airu? Is that you?" You heard a familliar voice from behind. It was your old crush, the guy who destroyed your dreams and your feelings.

We can only be friends, i'm sure you're aware of that, right?

Kris saw the change in your expression. You just stood there motionless.

Your old crush came closer, "It is you! Last time I heard, you were a doctor! Why in the world are you here?"

You don't belong in the fashion industry. You don't have the social skills. Or looks.

"And I see you're working for EXO! But as what?"

Who would actually date someone like you? Your fashion blog's a joke.

Kris stood up and was in between the two of you. "She's our stylist. And she doesn't want to talk to you, so please, go back to which ever group you're styling for." He explained.

"Oh okay," Your old crush seemed baffled. "It was nice seeing you here, Airu. Maybe i'll call you later, and we could have dinner just like old times?" You could hear the desperation in his voice.

"She's booked for the week, sorry." Xiumin coughed.

And with that note, he left.

"Thank you, Kris." You whispered. He gave you a reassuring smile. The smile that said he would always protect you.

 

 

 

2 weeks later. 

You were in the hospital 24/7 now, working your off. You haven't left the hospital ever since your job with EXO ended.  The empty feeling was too much, you couldn't take the lonely feeling.

"You should really move back in with me." Mae-ri said feeling worried.

Her friend had not been seeing anyone ever since her last day with EXO. She knew it wasn't because of that good-for-nothing old crush of yours. It was because you were sad. 

Airu has always been bad with goodbyes. She sighed.

You thought you could live like this forever.

No life but the hospital life. You would always say to yourself.

Eventhough deep down you were secretly hoping for a message from Kris.

 

"Airu-ssi, you have a package waiting outside." The nurse interrupted your thoughts.

"A package?" You were thinking who would send you a package. It wasn't your birthday or anything.

You were waiting for the lift alone. Weird, I usually have to fight for the lift.

The doors opened and you saw Sehun, Baekhyun and Tao smiling cheekily at you.

"We're your package noona!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : 

You gueesed it, last chapter next!

(▰︶︹︺▰)

PS: Shoutout to my homegirl for helping me edit this chapter! (You know who you are)

Thank you for reading! <3