In Or Out?

Doctor , Please

"Ahh, what in the world? Pshh, guys are weird." You walked to the subway station alone. The station was crowded, with workers and students going back home. Thank God he disappeared, or else he might get kidnapped by the fangirls here, you thought.

"Yah, did you hear from her? She said EXO's going to Shanghai! Omo omo omo, I wonder if it's a holiday that day? I saved up a lot just incase they're going anywhere,"  You glanced and saw a woman in her 20s talking to a high school girl.

"Really? Unnie, get your location and timing right! You're so lucky you're working! I have exams coming up, so I can only see them at the airport," said the younger one.

Whoa fangirls these days are really dedicated. Even I don't save up to follow Super Junior or Shinhwa overseas. Wahh, exo fans are really something, you thought, amazed by the conversation you just eavesdrop.

And then it hit you.

They're going overseas?!

Your heart leapt at the thought of it. You couldn't stop smiling thinking about the first class treatment you'll be getting. Free food, classy hotel room, more free food....

"Excuse me, miss, are you okay?"  An ahjussi from behind tapped your shoulder, disturbing your wild fantasies of steak and wine. 

"Uhh,yes, i'm fine," you answered blankly. "That's a relief. You looked a bit constipated just now," The ahjussi told you, a little bit louder than usual. The other people around looked at you peculiarly. You really felt like jumping in front of a moving train right now.

 

 

 

 

You knocked on Soomi's door the next day, feeling impatient. You need to know if this so called overseas trip is real. 

"Aigoo, Airu-yah, what's up with you? I need my beauty sleep,"  Soomi answered the door as dead as a zombie. Waking this lady up at 8am seems like a bad idea.

"Unnie, is it true we're going to Shanghai?"  As soon as the words left your mouth, Soomi pulled you inside her apartment. 

"Shh, not so loud! According to my sources, yes we are going. The organisation in Shanghai is paying them a heck lot of money to perform last minute. The thing is, this programme is in 3 days and the company is taking its own damn sweet time to inform us. I heard we'll be getting our plane tickets along with our results to see if we're staying with the management or get fired."  You listened to Soomi's explanation carefully.

"Just imagine all the hard work you need to do to prepare for this Shanghai extravaganza and then BAM! You get fired before you leave for the airport." She ended her explanation dramatically. You nodded at her, wondering how the management will put all of this mess into place.

"Okay, thanks unnie! I'll see you soon."  You ran off back to your apartment. You have the whole day off today from EXO and the hospital. It was time to hang out with Maeri. You lied down on the floor and dialled Maeri's number.

"Oh, Airu-yah, is there anything?" Maeri answered hurriedly. "Nothing, just wanted to see if my soulmate wanted to eat with me," You answered, thinking how Maeri sounded really suspicious. 

"Really? I don't think I can make it now. How about later? I'll come over with lunch and Baekhyun."  Maeri blurted out carelessly.

"Okay then. Lunch and Baek- wait what?! Why is Baekhyun included?"

"About that...I'll tell you later,okay? See ya!" Maeri hung up immediately.

"Aish Maeri, you sneaky girl. What are you up to this time?"  

It was still early. You couldn't go back to sleep and probably needed to wait for another few hours for human company ( aka Maeri ). You decided to take a walk. For a doctor, your stamina was unbelievably horrible and maybe regular walks might improve your lazy habits.

You put on your headphones and played your favourite Super Junior songs while walking around the area. Walking aimlessly was something you'd enjoy doing back in your hometown. After a while, you reached Park X, secretly hoping Kris is playing basketball so you could join him. You looked around the court carefully.

Nope, no Kris around here.

Disappointed, you sat on one of the swings at the playground, enjoying the voices of Super Junior singing Lovely Day.

" Airu noona? Can I sit here? " You turned to see Xiumin with his cute black beanie on, pointing at the swing next to yours. "Oh, Xiumin-ah, s-sure." You answered, feeling flustered.

He sat happily on the swing. "It's uh, very quiet over here. It's peaceful." Xiumin said awkwardly. After that, both of you sat in silence. There was actually something Xiumin wanted to ask you. 

"Noona, you actually styled outfits for other people before, right? When you were in high school," He asked curiously.

Omo, how did he know? 

"Ah yes, but that was a very long time ago. How did you know?" You asked, feeling uncomfortable.

"My sister followed your style blog back then. She wouldn't stop talking about you. She was devastated when you deleted your blog. W-what happened, noona?" Xiumin asked nervously. He noticed you looking uncomfortable and agitated.

Your stomach started to feel queasy and you started to sweat a lot. Painful memories came back to haunt you. You had to leave before you start ugly-crying.

"Xiumin-goon, I think it's best if we don't talk about this." You stood up and left in a hurry. A part of you felt guilty for leaving your bias there but another part of you just wants to go back and stay hidden in your apartment alone.

, no, hold it in. I can't cry now. You started to panic.You took the stairs hurriedly, occasionally tripping and falling down on your face. After your third fall, Kris couldn't take it anymore, you looked pitiful. He was watching you quietly from behind.

"Airu noona! Can't you walk normally?! You're going to get hurt, idiot." He ran towards you and picked you up from the ground. 

"AND WHY ARE YOU CRYING?"  

You looked at him wide-eyed. You didn't want Kris to see you when you're weak and vulnerable. You need to escape to your apartment before you get a huge meltdown. 

But his grip on your arm is really strong.

Damn it Kris.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : Late updateee! Chinese New Year tomorrow, so excited! 

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! :D

Dress warmly and stay safe!

/sweet fanacc of kris to melt your hearts\