So Much For Camping

Doctor , Please

 “Kris, where are we going?”

He was pulling you out from your apartment. The sun was shining bright, your eyes took a long time to adjust to the lighting outside. How long has it been since you last went out?

“Bear with me; we're going to the most crowded area in Seoul.”

“Why?” You asked curiously.

“It's a surprise.” He grinned at you.

 

 

 

 

 Finally, after all that walking and pulling, Kris stopped in the middle of a very busy road, hundreds of people were in that area, busily walking and minding their own business.

“Close your eyes.”

You reluctantly closed your eyes, but you did anyway, because you were hoping for a kiss. After a while, you heard some people laughing. Immediately you opened your eyes.

“What the he-”

You sat up from your bed, trying to figure out the dream you had. What in the world was that all about? You thought. You looked at the calendar.

Hmm today's that so-called camping trip. I have to be there by 9 am eh...holy sh- 

 

 

“I'm here, no worries!” You announced.

“Don't worry, no one here dares to care about you anymore,” you heard Kris said softly next to you. You glared at him and walked to the staff area and decided to stay there for the rest of the schedule. It had been almost a week since the 'incident' and none of you wanted to apologize or talk first.

 

I mean why should I? You thought. You were certain that it was all of Kris' fault. Who asked him to be so perfect that you eventually fell for him? And now here you are, nowhere near looking like you actually have feelings for him.

 

“Ok we'll start soon, get them ready please.” One of the PD announced. You watched them taking their places, preparing the natural and wild theme background (who knew you could prepare nature?) in the middle of a public forest.

 

“Andddd intro please!” The filming began in the afternoon and went on till dusk. They played about a million games even though only three games were going to be aired. Kris seemed a bit fatigue during the break, which was weird because the rest of the members seemed fine. You decided to wait until the next filming slot finish to check up on him.

 

“Okay, so unfortunately for our guests, they lost the game, and you know what that means..they have to sleep outside!" The mc shouted enthusiastically. The members had to pitch their tents and the struggle they were going through made you laugh. They silently glared at you while threatening to hit you with one of the sticks but the camera was still rolling, so you were safe...for now.

 

 

After the official filming ended for the night, you went to check on Kris. One of the staff said he was in the toilet for 20 minutes during the first break and now he was missing. Suddenly a million scenarios crossed your mind,

“What if he fainted when he was peeing?” You accidentally thought out loud.

“Well, that's your responsibility. I suggest you look for him.” She said blankly. You nodded and went to the men's room in a hurry.

 

 

“Krisss?! You alive?” You knocked on the door but there was still no response.

“I'm assuming no one is in here....im coming in!!”

You entered the men's room and searched around for the giant. You heard a faint laughter coming from one of the stalls.

Creepy, you thought. But it sounded familiar...

 

“Man, laughter IS the best medicine!” Kris came out from one of the stalls, laughing obnoxiously, probably to annoy the hell out of you.

In the end, you did get annoyed, but then you suddenly remembered that he might be sick. And he did mention medicine…

“Kris, stop fooling around. I need to check your temperature.”

After checking, Kris really was sick. He had a fever and probably the flu too. You talked to the PD about Kris and hopefully he gets permission to rest at home, or else it might get worse.

 

“I’m not going back. I’m finishing this schedule. They can’t miss out on all of this,” He gestured to his body. “The ratings would definitely drop if I stop halfway.

You rolled your eyes. I think the ratings would skyrocket if you're not appearing.

Be sarcastic all you want, you're the reason my health is deteriorating. Kris stuck his tongue out to you.

You pulled his arm, I called the driver already, let's go you giant baby.

No! I wanna go camping too.

Wow he really is acting like a kid,throwing tantrums and all...you thought.

 

 

I can't believe they allowed you to continue with the show. You grunted.

What was even worse, you had to stay with him in a tent for the rest of the night. Turns out, they won't be filming Kris at all as they didn't put any cameras in the tent.

You burrowed your eyebrows in confusion. Kris was already sleeping (supposedly) and you were trying to figure out what did you do to deserve this situation. Stuck in a stuffy tent with a sick boy that you're not even on good terms with but somehow, you have a crush on him.

Just treat this as payback for what you did. He suddenly said, with his eyes closed.

What?! You snapped.

I'm feeling extremely cold. I think we need to share our heat by-

No way, you interrupted. "Here, take this. You threw a thick blanket at him.

Thanks. He said bitterly.

Soon, after a few minutes, Kris fell asleep (hopefully for real). You were feeling kinda sleepy too despite the noises from the filming outside. Slowly, you laid down next to Kris.

In a way, you miss the giant with his sarcasm and humour. He looks so vulnerable asleep, you thought.

Hmm, appreciating my beautiful face again? He suddenly opened his eyes and laughed seeing your shocked expression.

What? No, I was j-just- you stuttered.

You sure do stutter a lot,eh?

Yeah,so?

How are you even a doctor?

Somehow, I managed.

And just like that, Kris asked you a million more questions. From your family, to your childhood and struggle in med school. You totally opened up to him.

Why did you do that? You had no idea.

 

 

After two hours, Kris asked you one last question,

Do you sort of like me?

You thought about it for a while. You just made up with Kris and for the first time, both of you didn't even fought for the past two hours. And it wasn't that bad.

Maybe,yeah.

His expression changed.

Crap, did I say the wrong thing? You thought.

Seeing how Kris did not respond at all to your answer, you immediately said, Uhh, I think you need to rest. Um, you need to recover. Yeah, goodnight.

You turned and faced the other side of the tent. You heard Kris sigh and turned the other side too.

You stayed awake for the rest of the night with a thousand thoughts in your head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : I am extremely sorry for the late update! Bear with this slow pace as I'm suffering in college~

 

Psst im starting to regret taking pre-med.

Psst again thanks for reading and sticking with me i love you guys