Dress Shopping

Doctor , Please

Everytime you remembered your 'date' with Kris, you couldn't help but smile to yourself. 

"Airu-ah, are you okay? I've never seen you smile that much." Soomi asked, clearly notcing your weird behaviour.

"Oh i'm fine unnie, no worries."   

You continued packing with Soomi to prepare for Exo's next show. Eventhough it's just a radio show with their sunbaes, Soomi checked their outfits several times. The Baekhyun slip up last time caused her a lot of trouble with SM. She was almost fired, but thank goodness Chanyeol stood up for his noona and managed to persuade the authorities to let her keep her job. 

For saving Baekhyun's outfit, Soomi promised to take you out for some 'girl time'. You didn't know why was that your reward. You'd rather jump off a cliff than go shopping. But Soomi looked eager and desperate to go shopping, how could you say no? A+ for enthusiasm Soomi.

 

 

"Thank you, you worked hard!" 

The radio show ended without any problems and the boys had rushed back to the company to practice. Fans pushing you as you helped the boys get out of the building. The cold hard marble floor was your bestfriend now.

"Finally we're done! Let's goooo!" As usual, Soomi grabbed your arm without hesitation and the both of you walked towards Mall H nearby. It was a huge mall, but you couldn't really compare it with the other malls since you've never been to a mall in Korea before. Your shopping locations were limited. The cheap shops along the street was enough for you. 

"Let's buy this bag and that hat and a cap for Chanyeol. Seems reasonable right?" You and Soomi were just at the shop near the entrance.

Oh Lord, how would she be like inside? 

 

 

"Uh Soomi unnie. My feet. It hurts." 2 hours is too much. Soomi was taking her time, from one shop to another. Deep inside, you were hoping her card would get maxed out. But no, this woman is financially prepared when it comes to shopping.

"Oh Airu, don't hesitate to buy anything. You've been eyeing that anklet for a long time. Us girls need to buy it once we stare at it for more than 5 seconds. That's the rule."  Soomi answered, completely ignoring your pain.

It's too expensive. Shinhwa's releasing another album, I possibly can't.

"Stop following me around like a clueless boyfriend. You need to be independent when it comes to shopping. Grow some balls! I'll leave you now, bye~" 

Before you could say anything, Soomi had disappeared to shop alone. You probably bored Soomi to death.

"Where to go, where to go?" You said to yourself.

You had no idea where to go in this crowded mall at 5pm. Couples were waiting to watch a movie, famillies buying dinner, school kids messing around. All of them made you feel lonely. 

"What are you staring at?" A familliar voice said. You turned and saw Xiumin wearing a plain T-shirt and jeans with a black beanie to cover his messy hair. 

"Xiumin? I thought you guys were practicing."

"I'm here with the members. They wanted to take a short break from practice."  He pointed to the pink candy shop on your left. It was hard to miss Baekhyun and Chen in a shop full of kids. 

"Are you going anywhere? I thought maybe I should accompany. Carry your shopping bags or something?" he said shyly.

"Uh yeah sure, that's great."  You answered, not realising it sounded cold hearted.

 

 

You walked together with Xiumin. Walking with Xiumin certainly has a different feel than walking with Kris. Kris would walk alone, while Xiumin prefers to talk to you while walking. 

What is this? I shouldn't compare them!

"Oh! I just remembered. You're looking for a dress for the Last Farewell dinner right?"

You gave him a puzzled look. "Dinner? When's that?" 

"Soomi noona didn't tell you? It's just a formal company dinner before the monthly check. Since some of them might get fired after that, this would be their last dinner with the company." Xiumin explained enthusiastically.

Maybe Soomi did mention it to you. But with all that babbling, it was impossible to remember anything.

"Right, the dinner. I do need a dress. But..." You shot him a worried look. This would be the first time to go dress shopping with an idol. You're not the best shopper in the world, so you prayed hard for Xiumin to stay sane for the shopping session with you.

 

 

"NO! That's too revealing. Next!" 

You're still in shock. Never in a million years you imagined your bias would yell at you. To be fair, it was entirely your fault. For an hour, you walked around from one shop to another, staring at dresses, not even trying one, with a blank look on your face, while Xiumin patiently waited for you to pick a damn dress. He was running out of time to accompany you, so he snapped.

He grabbed dresses with soft colours that would suit you and pushed you into a dressing room to try them on. Flustered, you changed quickly, but apparently not quick enough for Xiumin.

"Noona you're taking too long. Shall I come in and help you change?" he asked cheekily, but he was 100% serious about helping you.

"NO!"

 

And now, he's your personal judge. This is your 10th dress, and 3rd shop.

"Too short! Try this one!" dresses were flying everywhere, you hoped no one would see him like this. It would cause a big misunderstanding.

"Wait, don't try that! I think this would suit you well."

It does look kind of nice.  

You took your time wearing this dress. You were confident this would be your last dress. You slowly draw the curtain, hoping Xiumin would like this as much as you did.

"Nope. Next!"

You sulked. You really liked the turquoise coloured chiffon dress with . " I want this one, Xiumin-goon! " 

"Why? I said it doesn't look good. Go change!"

"No, it does. I don't care what other people might say. This is my dress." you said confidently and went back to change. Hell yes you're paying for this expensive dress, nobody can stop you.

"That's a relief. I thought you'd never say that." Xiumin sounded really close to the curtain.

"Actually all of the dresses were okay, I was just waiting for you to protest when you find the dress you like. You should buy something you like, not what others think you look good in." 

You draw the curtains and see a grinning Xiumin before you. This guy, completely fooled me.

"You're beautiful." he said, giving you a gaze that melted your legs.

"Noona what's with this expression? Go pay your dress!"

 

 

"Xiumin, thanks for helping me today. It's getting late, should I buy you something? I feel bad, you haven't eaten."

The mall was still crowded with people. After buying the dress, you thought of buying a snack for Xiumin. 4 hours of dress shopping is no joke. 

"It's okay noona. I have dinner waiting for me at the dorm. I'll send you to Soomi noona, then i'll go back." he answered.

You nodded. Searching for Soomi, both of you talked about everything. From sports, grumpy coordi noona, cute hairstylists; your walls were slowly breaking, thanks to Xiumin's warmth.

You spotted Soomi in the anklet shop from before. This time, with Kris.

"Hyung! You're here!" Kris said excitedly. He looked over and saw you standing behind Xiumin. "With her? Ehhhhh," Kris continued, giving Xiumin a nudge.

"Airu! Look what I bought! I'm so happy," Soomi said with a gleam in her eyes. "Oh, you were with Xiumin? Aigoo such a player, first with Kris, now with Xiumin,"

"Unnie!" you covered before she could add anything else. "Look at the time, shouldn't we go back together? Okay, let's go." you said nervously.

"WAIT!" Kris suddenly shouted as all of you were headed out of the store. "Soomi said you wanted to buy an anklet here. Go buy. We'll wait."

"Anklet? No, I don't need it it's expensive."  

The expensive dress almost caused you to bawl in public, you can't spend your money anymore. But it did look tempting. Your feminine side was definitely kicking in.

Should I buy it? Since i'm on a roll spending my money, why not? But the album....all that starving for a dress and anklet? 

"Really? Okay then, let's go." Kris said hurriedly.

You were expecting this situation to be like in movies, where the guy voluntarily buys the expensive jewellery for the girl. But reality slapped you hard. Here you are with two hunky men and they don't even turn to see if you really wanted the anklet.

With this reminder, you decided to buy the anklet yourself. Along with a determined look, you grabbed the silver anklet with a dragon pendant and paid to the scared lady at the cashier.

"Happy?" you asked to the three of them. 

They burst out laughing at your silly behaviour. "We had to do all that to make you buy what you want? Tsk tsk this girl." Soomi chuckled.

You sighed. It was a trap. 

"Now you're all set for the dinner. Don't forget to bring your boyfriend. You have 3 days to convince the poor guy to be your date. Sigh, what did he do to get a girl like you? Good luck!" Kris said with a smirk on his face.

"Right, noona has a boyfriend. Can't wait to meet him!" Xiumin added. "I'm sure he'll be impressed when he sees you in that dress. Who wouldn't?"

You blushed at Xiumin's compliment. Why can't he be my boyfriend? 

Now I need to find a guy who's willing to go to a dinner with me in 3 days. 

How hard can that be?