Appointment

Doctor , Please

"Kris, I told you to wait outside. My important patient is coming soon."  you said angrily. This stalking giant shouldn't have tagged along in the first place if he was going to disturb your work. You glared at him and noticed a little girl hiding behind him. 

Don't tell me he kidnapped some poor innocent soul.

"Little girl, are you lost? Did this giant scare you?" you asked looking at her innocent face.

"Aish noona, this is your patient. Song Gaeun-ssi, am I right?" Kris smirked and nodded along with the little girl.

If that girl wasn't here i'd just-

"Now shouldn't you continue your job? Instead of cursing me in your head?" he interrupted your thoughts. You gave him a death stare before continuing your check up. 

"Gaeun-ssi? Before we start, we need to wait for your grandmother. Is she coming soon?"  You were worried about this girl. Coming to the hospital alone with her driver. You read through her document again. 

Omo her parents own Company H? They practically own all the shopping malls in Seoul, Busan and Haeundae. I would expect some bratty little princess, but this is surprising.

"Excuse me," The door opened and an old lady in her 60s carrying a sack of potatoes came in. "Are you Dr. Airu? I'm Gaeun's grandmother."

You were taken aback. A granny with a sack of potatoes, billionare parents, quiet child. All of this didn't sum up quite well. "Yes, I am. I'll start my check up now, okay?" 

You nudged Kris and asked him to leave. He pouted and headed to the door.

"WAIT! I want him in here. To hold my hand." Gaeun's clear voice echoed in the small room. "Gaeun-ssi, it's okay, your grandmother will hold your hand for you." her grandmother tried to console her.

"B-but I want him. I need a boy to protect me from this scary doctor."  Kris chuckled as soon as he heard this. 

"Can I stay, grandmother?" Kris asked politely. You found it amusing to see Kris change from rude and arrogant to polite and humble. You shook your head to signal Kris that it was a bad idea. 

"Sure, that's fine. You made a really good impression on my granddaughter, young man. She's a very shy child."  Gaeun's grandmother smiled at Kris.

"Shy? She's very talkative with me, i'm surprised," Kris replied.

You cleared your throat. "Shall we continue? Gaeun looks a bit pale." 

 

 

"You did a good job, Gaeun. I'll see you in a month, okay?" You bowed to Gaeun's grandmother. It's still a bit hard to diagnose Gaeun's condition. You didn't want her to go through most of the tests considering her age. But she is definitely stressed emotionally. You advised her grandmother to take her to counselling sessions twice a week and maybe join a few play groups, to encourage her to make new friends. She is an important patient indeed, you thought.

"D-doctor and Kris oppa, can you take me around to see the hospital?" Gaeun asked suddenly. "Gaeun-ah, we shouldn't disturb them, they must be busy. Let's go home." Gaeun's grandmother tried to persuade her.

"No, it's fine. Gaeun-ah, let's go!" Kris held Gaeun's right hand and they walked off together.

"Dr. Airu, you're so lucky to have a boyfriend as kind as him. He must treat you like a princess." Gaeun's grandmother squeezed your shoulder.

You had flashbacks of Kris treating you like a 'princess'. More like a slave, you thought. You didn't dare to say anything bad about Kris to Gaeun's grandmother. She might hit you with that sack of potatoes.You smiled politely to Gaeun's grandmother and followed behind Kris and Gaeun. 

Wow Gaeun sure is chatty. And Kris is listening really well. Should I interrupt this sweet couple in their own little world? Na'ah, it might be fun seeing Kris showing the hospital to little Gaeun.

"And over there is where babies come from," 

"That's the cafeteria. That's where all the lonely loser doctors like Dr. Airu hangout."

"This is where all the beautiful people, like you, get treated,"

After 15 minutes of going around the hospital, it was time for Gaeun to go home. Her grandmother was waiting outside with the driver in the expensive-looking car. You waited at the entrance and looked at Kris sending Gaeun to her grandmother. All three of them were laughing about something and they kept on looking at you. 

Hmm, they're talking about me? I'm sure Kris brainwashed them or something. Grandmother's giving him potatoes?!

Aish wait till he comes back.

 

 

Kris' POV

"Kris oppa, what type of girls do you like?" 

"Gaeun-ah you're too young to ask me that kind of question,"

I can't help but smile to her innocent questions. She's just a kid. It's a pity no one around her is willing to listen to her cute worries. I wish I could be there for her.

"But, if you must know, I like a girl with pretty eyes, filial and knows how to cook."

"Like Dr.Airu?"

This kid has no idea. 

"Nothing like her," I looked behind to see if you were listening but you were busy in your own little world, following behind us blindly.

"Okay, Gaeun-ah, let's go to granny now, you need to rest."

Gaeun held on to my hands tight. She gets attached too easily. It's hard to let her go now, sigh.

"Song Gaeun. Make sure you eat your meals on time. Drink lots of water and take care of grandmother well, araso?"

"Ne!" 

"Young man, thank you for making Gaeun smile today. I owe you a lot. I hope you'll do well in your career."

"No problem, anything for our little Gaeun." I ruffled Gaeun's hair playfully.

"You and Dr. Airu are a good team. Make sure you take good care of her! I envy you lovebirds."

Lovebirds?

I burst into laughter, making Gaeun and her grandmother confused. "She's not my girlfriend,"  

"OHHHHH. But then, why didn't she deny that earlier?" 

"Maybe she's in love with me, I mean who wouldn't fall for me, right Gaeun-ah?" 

All three of us were laughing together now. We looked at you and saw your confused expression. We laughed even harder.

 

 

Both of you waved Gaeun and her grandmother goodbye. Now, only you and Kris were standing outside the entrance. The air felt a bit chilly.

"Now what, noona?" Kris asked happily. He sure was enjoying his time at the hospital, he's been smiling all day.

"Now we go home. Are we taking the sub-" 

Before you could finish your sentence, Kris' phone rang.

"Now?! Really? I'll be there, bye,"

Kris ran off in the opposite direction leaving you dumbfounded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : I smell a trip coming up for them, heheh.

Thanks for reading and subscribing! :D 

It's getting a bit quiet in the comments, feel free to share your thoughts!