Ideal Types

Doctor , Please

“Listeners and viewers! Don’t go anywhere, we have extremely special guests coming up next. Stay tuned!”

It was the last radio show of the week. You felt relieved, it had been a tiring week and thanked the heavens that today’s radio show was only 40 minutes. You walked towards Soomi, who was busy adjusting Kris’ outfit.

“Is it always like this?” You asked half-heartedly.

“What? My beautiful face? Yes dear, it has always been this pretty.” Soomi answered confidently.

You snorted. “No, I mean this lazy feeling. Is it because promotions are ending?”

“Oh pshh, I knew that,” Soomi cleared , “Well, since your job is ending soon, then yes, you feel a bit restless and agitated because you want to end it as soon as possible. But as for the rest of us, we have to stay energetic and start planning for the next schedule since we have to continue working here. You got it?”

You nodded silently. She was right. Since you got nothing to lose, you decided to go all out until your job ends.

 

 

“Okay guys, I think I should warn all of you to prepare yourselves. Today’s radio show is not for the faint hearted because right now in the studio we have Kris, Baekhyun and Lay!* Come on guys, introduce yourselves!”

Look at those innocent faces , you thought. You listened to the whole show, even though it was boring and you’ve heard the questions a million times on other shows. Their answers were always the same.

“Now, let’s look at another question from the fans. ‘Oppa, could you be more specific on your ideal types?’” The announcer said enthusiastically. You saw the members sigh, but answered it anyway. Somehow, you were looking forward to Kris’ answer. Maybe he’d change what he normally says?

To your surprise, he looked at you while answering, “Well, I want her to be elegant, outgoing and caring. I’d hate it if I had to argue with her 24/7, that’s for sure. Hmm, and she has to be good at shopping…” And Kris’ list went on. You couldn’t bear to listen the rest of his so-called ideal girl criteria; it was the total opposite of you. You immediately looked away from him and pretended to be fascinated by the painting on the wall.

Were you disappointed? Yes.

But, why? You had no idea.

Who cares about ideal types? He can get whoever he wants, why should I care? You thought silently, trying to console yourself.

For the rest of the show, your thoughts were occupied with Kris and you tried to brush it off by thinking about your medical assignments, but it didn’t work. After the show, you packed your equipment, and left immediately after saying goodbye to Soomi.

“ It’s not like I’m in a bad mood or anything, I just have to meet Maeri to talk about our patients.” With that excuse in mind, you dialed Maeri’s number furiously.

 

 

 "Airu,are you okay? You look kinda,uhh,you look like you're about to change into hulk."

"Woman,what are you talking about?I'm fine. Now shall we discuss about Mr.Oh?"

Maeri actually thought you'd be up for a gossip session first,but since you were all fired up,what could she do?

After a few hours of studying cases, you were tired and decided to call it a day. "Finally! I'd be freaking suspicious if you went on any further. Where did all that energy come from?Wait, let me guess, Mr.Wu?" Maeri asked suddenly.

"Whoa I think our last case really messed up your head, Maeri. Uhh,no I don't think so." You answered,slightly nervous.

"Oh yes,I heard him on the radio today . Thank goodness Baek didn't say anything unnecessary, or else he's got some explaining to do. Now,im sure it's about Kris' answer, am I right?" You nodded. Finally,you admitted to someone about this.

"Its been bothering me a lot. And he's been messing with my head lately, and I have no idea what to do."

"Well,my advice is, go for it 200% or don't do it at all,your choice." Maeri advised.

"The thing is,I-" Your phone rang, it was Kris, you wanted to act cool but accidentally answered after the first ring.

"Meet me at the usual place at 9. And bring bubble tea with you." Before you could protest,he hung up.

"Maeri,if im gonna give 200%,I need some time to adjust to this psycho."

 

 

8.45pm.

Without hesitation, you started walking to the tea shop on your way to the park. It had been especially cold that night and here you are listening to Kris' orders as if you're his personal slave.

"Mmm yes, 2 hazelnut please."

" Aigoo, for that boyfriend again?" The lady at the cashier smiled at you. "First tea, now bubble tea?"

You smiled back. She does look kinda familiar, could it be the same cashier from the other day?

Feeling half excited half confused, you walk to the park with cold drinks in each hand.

Kris saw you from far drinking your bubble tea and he felt pretty happy with your efforts, maybe she does have a thing for me heheh, he thought.

“Your bubble tea, sir.” You said reluctantly. Kris tried to take his drink but you took a sip instead. “Just joking, these are for me because you owe me an explanation.”

He had a puzzled expression, “What explanation? I just called you out because I wanted to see you.”

He wanted to see me? You blushed.

“You looked pissed at the radio show today, I was wondering what was going on.”

“I don't think I was all perky and happy before this, but really, is that all?” He nodded, somehow you were disappointed. You continued, “I'm fine, thanks for your concern, Kris.”

You stood up, wanting to leave. “No, you stormed out right after the show because maybe you were…well, do I have to say this? JEALOUS.

 “Me? No way, why would I?” Kris cannot know that I might have-

“...feelings for me?” You stood there, frozen. “You're delusional, Kris. Goodnight.” You tried to make a cool exit, but stumbled on the rocks after a few steps. “Let me walk you back, dummy.” You walked as fast as you could, but Sir-Long-Legs caught up with you. There was no way to escape Kris.

 “I was just joking. I know there's no way you could have feelings for me, you have a huge thing for Xiumin, right?” You nodded immediately. “And anyway, you shouldn't take our answers seriously, especially mine. You should know that by now.” Kris told you with a serious look on his face. “Yes, I know that. You don't have to take care of me and tell me all of this, Kris.” You answered back harshly.

“Who said I cared about you. I was just curious. You're the one who overreacted!”  He snapped. “Well you're the one who made it a big deal! Goodnight, Kris.”

You ran off and left him. Hiding your feelings from Kris is hard, but you had to do it. Kris casually walked back to the apartment, seeing you run hurriedly a few meters in front as if some leopard was chasing you.

You're a bit confusing, Airu, he sighed to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : Surprise, surprise!

I got an early release from national service!~ 

And I just started university, so...

Literally no rest for me, but i'm happy to be back!

 

I'll try to update, THANK YOU READERS! <3

 

Ahem, I missed a lot on KPOP

*coughskriscoughs*

 

Let's all stay strong together, ne?