Dinner Disaster

Doctor , Please

"I'm sorry, I have to go somewhere."

"I have a shift, sorry!"

"I need to help the students here. Why don't you try someone else?"

So far, three doctors rejected your offer. You have exactly 24 hours to look for a date, and unfortunately there's no one else to ask. Most of the doctors are either married or too busy to be your so-called boyfriend.

"Cheer up Airu. I can dress up as a guy if you want me too," Maeri said feeling sorry for you.

"Maeri your ies cannot be tamed. Everyone will know its you."

"Mmmm, maybe you're right," Maeri thought about it and had to agree with you. Darn you assets, she thought.

"Let's go and buy coffee to cheer you up!"

You and Maeri walked to the cafe nearby. There were a lot of other doctors there and you were about to greet them when you heard them whispering. Probably gossipping about the hot nurse in the new ward.

"Airu asked you too? Really?"  They were talking about you. You definitely needed to hear this.

"I feel kinda bad for her, but which idiot would actually want to be her date?She looks arrogant, people might think we're just like her."

You couldn't believe what they just said. You weren't offended about what they said about you, you were disappointed they couldn't even help you out when you needed them. After all you did for them in the past.

You walked out of the cafe feeling sick and disgusted at their behaviour. You turned back to see Maeri yelling at them like an insane lady, she gave you a thumbs up and asked you to go home. You smiled at Maeri, thankful you could rely on her and walked home, thinking of an alternative to your fake boyfriend search.

 

 

Slowly walking to the entrance of your apartment building, you decided to take the stairs. To your surprise, someone else was taking the stairs too. It was Kris.

We need to stop meeting at the stairs, you thought to yourself.

"Come here often?"  Kris asked.

"No," you answered without looking at him. You walked past him and went up the stairs.

Ahhh she's in a bad mood? I wonder why...

"I like your anklet," he pointed with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Thanks," you answered blankly. When he's in a good mood, i'm in a bad one, sigh.

"Are you worried about the dinner tomorrow?" You stopped and looked at him, "What made you think so?" you asked.

"Well you look uglier than usual today with that furrowed brows on your face," he chuckled.

You gave him a smack on the head. "As if you're good looking enough to call me ugly, psh" 

"I'm not good looking? Whoa i'm really looking forward to see your date tomorrow......if he exists," Kris whispered the last part but you could hear clearly what he said.

"I wasn't born yesterday noona. I can definitely tell when someone has a boyfriend or not. You can't fool me." he continued. After glancing back to see your surprised face, he ran up the stairs, leaving you behind.

 

 

"Ah as expected! You called the right person! I can definitely prepare you mentally and physically for the dinner tonight!" Maeri jumped excitedly around your apartment.

"You...You're not gonna make me drink some yucky health shake or do push ups...right? I mean it's too last minute," you asked suspicously.

"Of course not! You think i'm a monster? I'm just here to make sure you do all the girly stuff needed before going to the dinner. Aigoo, this girl, you really need to clean yourself up more often."

"YAH! I AM CLEAN!" you pushed Maeri into the living room before slamming the bathroom door shut.

Who knew dressing up for a dinner would take 3 hours?! You thought of all the other useful things you could've done in those three hours.

Aish why am I dressing up anyway? You hesitated when Maeri offered to help you, but then again, you had no clue how to get all those girly stuff done. And now, after 3 long hours, it was finally time to go to that damn dinner that caused you a huge headache these past few days.

You were about to leave when you heard a knock on the door. "Stay put princess, i'll get it!" Maeri shouted. You heard the door open but didn't bother to look as you were mesmerized by the reflection on the mirror. 

Maeri did a good job. I don't look so bad, if I was a guy i'd totally date myself. You chuckled at your own thoughts.

"Don't be vain, i've seen prettier girls wearing the same dress," 

You turned around and saw Kris in his tuxedo. Your cheeks turned bright red. Kris caught you checking yourself out. You slapped your forehead, suddenly regretting looking at yourself in the mirror. And you thought you looked good....You covered your with a blanket.

Your mood was ruined. Ignoring his earlier remark, you asked, "Why are you here?"

"I'm suppose to inform you that you're going with Soomi noona using the company car in 5 minutes. Unless your so-called boyfriend is picking you up." 

"I'm going with unnie. Thanks for all the help Kris-goon. You did well." you smiled sarcastically at him.

You and Kris walked out together. You waited for Soomi at her door. You thought about what Kris said earlier. You can hear your self esteem breaking into a million pieces. It's just another guy, you thought, trying to console yourself.

 

 

"OMG I've been to this dinner a billion times already. Why do I even bother dressing up?" Soomi was complaining, as usual. Both of you were sitting together at table number 7. Most of the staff just arrived. Instead of getting worried about your imaginary boyfriend, you were actually excited to see your soulmates at table number 13. Super Junior.

You started giggling like any typical fangirl. Your cheeks turned scarlet when Donghae smiled at you. You can die a happy fangirl now.

"Oh noona! You look hot!" 

You saw Chen and Baekhyun running towards you. "Really? Thanks. You guys look pretty good too."

"Eyyy noona we've always been hot. I'll call the others to see you."  Baekhyun said excitedly. "But Kris hyung already saw you, it wouldn't be fun to see his reaction." Chen said, nudging Baekhyun,

"Yeah, you don't have to call that lovely hyung of yours. He told me he's seen prettier girls," you sulked.

"WHAT?! Actually noona, he couldn't stop talking in the van, telling us how beautiful you looked. He said we'd miss something big if we didn't see you," 

Okay now i'm freaking confused. He tells me one thing but tells them another. What is this boy up to?

"Ah but noona don't tell him I said that!" 

 

 

"Noona! I'll dance with you first!" Lay forcefully pulled you to the dance floor. You were too full to dance but his cute dimple hypnotized you to dance with him.

After Lay, you had to dance with Sehun. Then Kai, Chanyeol, Suho, Tao, and finally Xiumin. Xiumin didn't say anything to you when both of you were dancing. He just smiled and looked at you for 3 whole minutes. You felt slightly uncomfortable at his gaze and wondered if there was something on your face. After Xiumin, you thought you'd finally get  a break from these boys, but nooooo, one guy had to ruin that for you.

"My turn." 

Kris held out his hand, anticipating for you to accept it. Soomi pushed you out of your chair. You gave her a death stare, then gave a cold stare to Kris next. Unwillingly, he lead you to the dance floor. Imagine dancing with someone that crushed your self esteem a few hours ago. 

Kris wrapped his arms around your waist, as if that was the most natural thing. You slung your arms over his shoulders awkwardly. Both of you were slowly dancing to the soft music. He pulled you closer, causing your heart to beat faster.

"Someone's nervous," he teased.

You pushed him playfully. The distance between both of you was back to normal. Dancing with Kris was different. The tension between you two was undoubtly strong. Looking into each other's eyes, his hands around your waist made you super nervous.

Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?!

The music ended but you and Kris didn't stop dancing. In your own little world, swaying from side to side, ignoring the stares from the staff. You were brought back to reality when you heard Sehun shout.

"Hyung! Noona! Get a room!"

Kris immediately released you and walked back to the table. He was flustered as he realized how he was totally hypnotized by you. 

You, on the other hand, felt a twinge of disappointment you had to end the dance with Kris. Damn it maknae.

 

 

By 11pm, the dinner ended. You sighed with relief. No one asked about your 'boyfriend' tonight. You can now sleep in peace. Next time if anyone asked, you'll tell them you broke up with him. But how am I gonna convince them I won't get interested in the boys? You'll think about that mess later.

Soomi was heavily drunk and you had to carry her while waiting for the company car to take you back to the apartment. Chanyeol and Kris came over to you.

"No worries. I'll take Soomi noona back," Before you could protest, he took Soomi off your back and carried her to another car.

You and Kris just stood there. Completely silent. You were still pissed at him. He was as nervous as hell after feeling weird over some stupid dance he had with you. 

 The company car finally arrived. You and Kris sat in the car completely silent too. 

And then in the lift. Silence again.

This was killing Kris, he wanted to say something to you. But the words. He can't seem to arrange them in his head.

You walked to your apartment door. Kris was still behind you. 

"Are you gonna say something? If not, then goodn-"

"You look beautiful tonight," he blurted out. "You shouldn't feel embarrassed, you look hot-I mean pretty in this dress." 

Kris gave you an awkward wave and ran off to his dorm at the end of the floor. 

"What is he? A middle school student? Feeling shy all of a sudden." you said to yourself.

For some reason, you slept with a warm feeling and a smile plastered on your face.

And you couldn't stop thinking of Kris.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : The.Feels. I need a walk after writing this hahah. 

Thank you for readinggggggggg! Always in a good mood when i'm on AFF ^__^

<3

 

Lastly,

can i just

no

why

what did i do wrong

dies

i'm so done. /cries at a corner\