Check Me

Doctor , Please

"Oh? It's today?!"

Finally, it was the day you've been dreading. SM's employee check day. Soomi had reminded you this morning to be prepared before 10am. You started to panic. Your books were everywhere, albums and dramas scattered in the living room. Oh lord you have an hour left to clean up, get dressed and run like a maniac to the company. 

Okay let's start dumping- I mean cleaning!

For the next 30 minutes, you practically shoved everything into the spare room. The apartment finally looks like an apartment owned by a 20-something clean girly girl. But. Your albums were a problem. Just to be safe, you kept your albums in your underwear drawer. 

They can't possibly check in there can they?

After getting dressed and trying to look like a professional doctor, you walked to the company building. It was quite far, but you had no other choice. You glanced at your phone to check the time. 

" I have 10 minutes," you muttered to yourself. That was it, you had to run. Holding your doctor's coat tight, you started running. You can predict the aches and cramps you were gonna get soon and mentally scolded yourself for being such an unhealthy sloth.

HONK. HONK. HONK.

"Who in the world is honki-"  You turned to see Kris in the car looking as suave as hell. Ay papi it must've been your raging lady hormones that's making you see Kris being super attractive.

"You need a ride?" Kris asked in his husky deep voice. Puberty served you well, Kris, you thought. 

"No, i'm fine walking,"  you answered arrogantly.

"Okay then, see ya."  With one last evil smile, he sped off, leaving you and your gigantic pride behind. 

 

 

You arrived 5 minutes late. The company hates tardiness and unfortunately, tardiness is and old friend of yours. You wiped your sweat hurriedly and pushed your way through the crowded entrance to the meeting room. 

You gave a soft knock on the wooden door, and a handsome employee opened it for you. Suddenly you felt flustered as 40 other staff members stared at you disapprovingly. You saw EXO sitting at the far end on the left side of the room. All except one. Where did Xiumin go? You were about to sit next to the stylists when a middle-aged man who was giving a boring speech lecture in front stopped you. 

"You must be uh..." he flipped a small notepad in his hands, "....Airu-ssi? Yes, Airu-ssi. Why are you late?"   

this man looks so important. He must be the team leader for this month's check. 

You were trying to think of a good excuse, but lying is definitely not your forte. You stayed silent for a while. With all the scary stares you were getting, you wished the floor would swallow you right now. 

"I'm sorry, I was late. I forg-"

"I'm sorry sir, but she was helping me to practice my individual skills for variety shows. I'm very sorry again." 

You didn't realise Xiumin entering the meeting room. Thankfully Xiumin had interrupted before you finished your sentence. He walked towards you and pulled you to sit with the EXO members. You gave him a thanks-for-saving-my- smile and vowed to repay his good deed.

"And now we'll check our employees individually. Please queue up according to your groups."

You stood behind Soomi hoping this whole check up thing wouldn't take long. You have an appointment with a really important patient soon. REALLY IMPORTANT.

"ALRIGHT! I'm done here. Go Airu-ssi!" Soomi gave you a slight push.

"Thanks unnie," with fingers crossed, you went inside the scary cubicle.

"Good afternoon sir, i'm Airu Han, EXO's temporary doctor."  You bowed, hoping to erase his bad impression towards you. 

"Yes. Please sit down, we'll start immediately." he said in a monotonous voice.

 

 

After 30 gruelling questions, he shook your hand with an insincere smile and wished you all the best. Now you have to rush all the way back to let them inspect your apartment. Just to make sure you don't abuse the facilities or something. These people sure are picky and strict.

"Ah, Airu-ssi, you can watch us check the pipes and cables, it won't take long, no worries!"  A few men rushed into your apartment and did their work diligently. You watched them from outside, feeling shaky and nervous from the interview earlier.

Girl, calm down, it'll be fine. If they fire you, you're still going to work at the hospital.  You tried to console yourself over and over again. You answered all of his questions truthfully. You couldn't lie to the scary looking ahjussi. You told him everything, from your family to your obsession over Korean boybands, you're definitely screwed. And the whole boyfriend thing....you told him that guy didn't exist.

You'd be losing the free apartment, flexible working times, freedom to meet celebrities, extra money for albums and dramas, and most importantly, losing your new friends.

"Okay miss, we're done. All the best!"  The men walked out of your apartment happily. You sighed and went inside, probably spending the last few days with your baby apartment. You messed up the place again and lied down on the floor happily. If only you could stay like this forever.

"CRAP. THE HOSPITAL."  You sat up violently, remembering your important appointment. You rushed out of the apartment and walked to the subway station. You were on a roll with being tardy today.

You waited for the train to come. It was quite empty since everyone is at work and school. A bit too empty maybe, as you felt someone following you. You shook the weird feeling away and boarded the train confidently.

"Noona..." You felt a hand on your shoulder. Your first thought was that this guy must be some ert stalker scary psychotic stranger trying to kill you. You turned around and slapped him hard on the face.

Your face turned red. It was Kris. 

Did you regret slapping him? Not really. But did you feel sorry for him? Yes. That was one tight slap.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" he shouted furiously.

", i'm sorry I thought you were some weirdo," you said apologetically. " But I guess I was right, you are a weirdo."  You chuckled.

"That's not even funny!" Kris said defensively. "I just wanted to know where you worked."

"Oh really? Why didn't you say so? Aigoo, I didn't know our Kris is so shy." you said teasingly remembering his compliment from a few nights ago.

The journey felt short with the whole Kris-being-a-creep situation happening. You walked in silence with Kris to the hospital. 

"Alright, Kris. I have an important appointment with a very important person. So you be a good boy and sit outside okay?"  You rushed into the room waiting for your 'important person'.

"I'm not a kid. Go on," he said arrogantly.

After a few minutes, he noticed a little girl with a long ponytail knocking on the door to your room. He tapped lightly on the girl's shoulder.

"Do you have an appointment with this weird doctor lady?" he asked mischievously.

She nodded happily. "Yes! Do you wanna come along oppa? I don't wanna be alone with her in the room. You look lonely waiting outside too. Come on!" She tugged at your sleeve.

"Okay, okay, let's go in together." Kris smiled at the little girl. How can this little angel be sick?

Just wait till I show noona how good I am with kids. Pshh, i'm good at everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) : Super late update >.<  i'm terribly sorry

please take this cutie with you~