Erica's Heart

Taengsic's Fantasy Multishots

Once upon a time there was a very beautiful vampiress named Erica. She was famous not only for her look but also her brain and strength. She lacked nothing. Nothing but one thing. One thing that was stolen from her by a human that wanted to destroy her.

His name was James Jung. He and another Vampire that was Erica's rival worked together. The Vampire promised that he would give him wealthy that no other men in this world can surpassed if he promised to took Erica's heart. James that was blinded by money, accept the condition not knowing the hidden consequences. He didn't know that the moment he put his hand on Erica's heart, he would die and the heart that he stole would be the heart of his 7th generation descendant. And when the descendant passed their 25th birthday, Erica can take back her heart.

The plan worked, Erica weakened for a while but then her anger became her strength. She seeked people and vampire that wronged her and killed them all, all but the children. For she knew she needed them alive until the 7th generation.

"Tell this to you children, and their children, and their chilren after that. 7th generation child from now will be died before his/her birthday unless they give their heart to me! Tell them this is happened because of your father's greed and he had taken what's mine! Also tell them that should they tried to run away, I will find them and make them suffer before I took back my heart by force."

That's the myth that has been passed down from generation to generation. Early generations believed it as they have seen it with their own eyes but with the disappearance of Erica and other vampires, they start to think of it as myth and not something real.

And that includes Jessica Jung, the 7th descendant. Last week her great grandma passed away and she inhereted an old book that told her a story about someone names James and his sin to a Vampire. Her great grandma also reminded her to be careful all the time, as her 25th birthday is coming in few months. Erica can come anyday now she said. She also said to give her heart because it is not hers, it is Erica's

Jessica didn't take her great grandma's warning to heart and keep going with her life. "As a doctor, I find it hard to believe that vampire is existed and that my heart is the heart that my ancestor stole. How is she expect me to live if I have to give my heart to other people? No humans can live without a heart! Also she had dementia before she passed away."

Jessica keeps grumbling as she walk through the hallway, going to her station. She didn't know that she has been watched for as long as she lives by no other Erica or Taeyeon as she calls herself now.

" She is a nice person, Unnie. Should we really take her heart?" Yoona, Taeyeon's favorite dongsaeng asked.

"Stupid!" Yoona then smacked hard by Yuri. "She has been waiting for almost 500 years for this. Just because she is the nicest person alive, that loves to give food to homeless, street dogs, and volunteers every chance she can, doesn't mean we can just let Taeyeon live without a heart!"

"Which side are you, Unnie?! You smacked me but then said all the good things about Jessica to guilt trip Taeyeon Unnie! You are a bad friend!"

"No, I'm not! At least I didn't ask her directly about it! I just asked her to reconsider her decision. Look at Jessica now! She treat a poor patient for free, she even payed for their medicine! The world needs more people like her is what I'm saying. I'm sure Taenggoo understand me, right Taenggoo? Wait, where is she going?! This is your fault, Yoona! You distracted me!"

" How could this became my fault?! It's not my fault that you are easily distracted, it is your brain's fault! And you are the one that started our fight so it is your fault that we lost Taeyeon Unnie! I'm not going to entertain you anymore, I'm going to find Taeyeon Unnie! Hmph, Loser!"

" Yah! Is that how you speak to your elder?! Im Yoona, stop right where you are! Yonaaaa!!"

Taeyeon stand on a rooftop of the building next to the hospital where Jessica works. She knows what Yoonyul said is true. She knew that Jessica is a very kind soul, rare kind of Jung. She has been hesitated to take action ever since that day. Exactly 20 years before now.

 

That time Taeyeon was sitting on a bench near the playground where little Jessica plays. She always makes sure that Jessica is safe until the time is come. What she didn't know is Little Jessica knew that someone is always looking out for her from a far. She wanted to know more of her hero but she is too shy and promised herself that she is going to be brave and talk to the pale hero and thank her.

So Little Jessica walk to Taeyeon with nervous heart, bringing various of flowers on her hand. "Hello, Unnie! This is for you!" Jessica chimmed happily.

Taeyeon looked at the flowers in Little Jessica's hand and couldn't help to took it after she saw the beautiful smile. "Thank you, little girl. But why are you giving me this?"

Little Jessica's smile widened then answered happily while moving back and forward using her heels as though she is shy. "It's because you always help me and because you are so pretty and and because you always look sad. Teacher said that flowers can make people happy! So I give you alot!"

For the first time in hundreds years Taeyeon feel warmth. Little Jessica's smile and care bring her warmth. "What if I tell you that I can only be happy if you give me your heart? Will you give it to me willingly?"

Little Jessica crossed her arms and frowned cutely as she thinking. No longer than 5 seconds, she turned her gaze back to Taeyeon then nodded excitedly. "Okay!"

Taeyeon lifted her eyebrows in surprised. "Okay?!"

"Yes, okay!"

"But you could die!"

"It's fine! I can just born again with new heart!" Little Jessica then giggled happily as the thought of helping Taeyeon entered her mind. "Do you want my heart right now, Unnie?"

Taeyeon smiled gently at Little Jessica's kind and innocent mind. What should I do? I can't possibly killed anyone that give me flowers, can't I? She pet Lil Jessica's head, looked at those twinkling eyes and said, "Let's make a deal. I want you to keep that precious little heart of yours and take care of people in needs. Save as many people as you can. I will come to you if I really really need your heart, okay?"

Lil Jessica nodded again excitedly and jumped into Taeyeon's embrace. Taeyeon shocked as she hasn't had any skinship with other people in a very long time. But Lil Jessica's warmth made her return the hug unknowingly. So warm..

" Then I'm going to study hard and become a doctor so I can help people! But you promise you'll always look out for me, right Unnie? Because I like you!" Lil Jessica then kissed Taeyeon before jumped out of Taeyeon's hug. She ran back to her friend while shouted, "See you around, beautiful Unnie!"

What a cruel fate. Am i going to spend the rest of my life without a heart?

What Taeyeon didn't know was Jessica has given Taeyeon her heart that day. And they had been sharing one heart ever since. She didn't know that what the curse meant was that the 7th descendant will be her partner for life and if they choose the right path, both of them will stay alive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon jumps from one building to another following Jessica that is walking home alone at wee hours. "Stupid girl! What is she trying to get from walking home at this hour? Doesn't she know it is dangerous for a girl like her walking through a dark alley like this?!" Taeyeon squints her eyes when she sees a group of drunken men walking to Jessica's direction. She can already smell trouble is going to happen and she is not in the mood to fight. So she close her eyes and control the wind. She made the temperature changed to cold so drastically around the drunken men that they quickly entered the convenience store near them to avoid the cold. Afted Taeyeon is sure that they won't disturbed Jessica, she return the temperature back to normal.

"Huff! The things that I had to do for you.. I wonder why I still keep you alive."

Meanwhile Jessica skipped her way home thinking about sleeping on her comfy bed, not kmowing the danger she would've faced if Taeyeon wasn't there. She even start humming her favourite song as she getting closer to her home. "I can't believe I have two days off! Hmm.. What should I do on my free time?"

Jessica open her the door of her house quietly not wanting to disturbed another occupant that should be sleeping right now. But imagine how shocked she is when a pair of small arms hugs her legs and childish voice calls her excitedly. "Mommy!"

Jessica quickly turns her body to the child and picks her up. She hugs her tight as though they haven't seen each other for a very long time. "Erica!!"

After hugging her child for a while she then suddenly remembered that Erica should be sleeping right now, not running around like an energizer bunny. She seperate their body slightly and asks her, "Why are you still awake, baby?" Jessica turns her head left and right as she looking for a person that is responsible to take care of her baby. As if knew that she is being summond, a figure entered the living room to greet Jessica.

"Welcome home, Sica Unnie. I'm sorry that Erica is still awake at this hour. But today she insisted that you will come home soon and she wanted to sleep with you. Interestingly, her word is right."

Jessica smiles kindly at Yoona, knowing how stubborn her daughter is. She met Yoona not long after she gave birth to Erica. Yoona was sitting on her doorstep looking vulnerable and tired when she arrived home from the hospital. Yoona said that she was thrown out by her family and has no place to go. So Jessica being the kind soul she is, she put Yoona under her wings and Yoona has been nothing but helpful to her. She cursed who ever did those thing to Yoona and thank God to make both of them met.

What she doesn't know is Yoona was sent not by the God but by Taeyeon. She knew Jessica will be tired from taking care of the baby and working at the same time. She also doesn't know that her daughter has been playing with not just Yoona but also Yuri and Taeyeon when she is at work. Erica is another reason why Taeyeon keep on protecting Jessica and delaying her intention to take Jessica's heart.

"Mommy! Mommy! Erica and Mommy sleep together!" Erica says ever so excitedly to Jessica.

Jessica looks at her daughter with eyes full of love then start peppering her face with kisses. "Mommy stop! Hahahaha.. Stop! Taenggoo Unnie said no laughing too hard before sleep or Erica can't sleep!"

Jessica immediately stops her teasing and looking at her daughter with confusion in her eyes while Yoona paled. "Taenggoo? Who's that?"

"That's Erica's friend since small!" Erica explain still in her happy go lucky mood.

"Small? But you are still small, baby. You are only 3 years old." Jessica smiles at Erica's cute expression.

"Erica is big girl! Taenggoo says so! Taenggoo friends with Erica when Erica inside mommy's tummy!" Erica nods at her own explanation, believing that Jessica get what she meant.

Ah.. Her imaginary friend..

"Is that so, baby? Then is she here?" Jessica playing along to Erica's 'imagination'

Erica shakes her head solemnly and tries to speak like an adult. "Taenggoo Unnie is out to portect Mommy as Erica's order! And Taenggoo Unnie asked Yuri Unnie to portect me!"

Jessica giggles at her daughter's cute misspelling. Another imaginary friend I see.. "It's protect, baby. Not portect. And you are so sweet sending your friend to protect me. Is she strong?" Jessica walks slowly to her bedroom after mouthing to Yoona to go take a rest.

"Yesh! She is so strong and white and beautiful and nice just like mommy! And she sings.. Hoaammm.. Well.. And and Hmm.. Zz... "

Jessica put her sleeping daughter on her bed and quickly join her after washing up. She kissed her daughter's forehead lovingly and says her gratitude to God for giving her this lovely daughter.

 

" I'm amazed." Yuri said

" With what?" Yoona asked

" Jessica's innocence. Her daughter just blatantly told her that we were in her house and we have been here for as long as she lives, yet she thinks we are just an imaginary friend. I'm even more amazed that she can stay live this long in this cruel world with that innocent mind."

"It's because she is not alone. She hasn't been since 20 years ago. Our Taeyeon Unnie has been by her side for as long as I can remember."

"Yeah.." Yuri then turned to the quiet Taeyeon. "Now that I think about it, You haven't told me why you suddenly decided to take care of her, Taenggoo."

Taeyeon stands after she is sure that both the mother and daughter has fallen asleep. She walks to the edge of the building and says, "I'll tell you some other time. Let's go home before anybody sees us." Then she jumped.

"Unbelievable! Did you see that, Yoona? She tried to igno.." Yuri turns her head left and right to find Yoona then stomps her feet sulkingly when she fiund out that Yoona has gone back to Jessica's apartment. "Why are you guys so mean to me!"