Act 9

1 + 1 = 3

 

 

The spring school is around the corner, Eunhye ask Seunghyun to go shop for Nana stuff for the school.                “I’ll see if I can make some time” without taking his eye from the paper in his hand.

“Okay, Thank you” without waiting for his answer, Eunhye walk away from the balcony. Seunghyun eye her movement, when he is sure that she taken the stair, he quickly checks his scheduled. “Full, full, full” he runs his finger on the pages, “Well, this one can be rescheduled right?” Seunghyun talk to himself.

 

On the weekends they finally are going out together again, Eunhye and Nana wait for Seunghyun to get ready. Seunghyun come down with a full disguise. Eunhye hide her laughter, Nana look surprise to see him. They silently get into the car, Eunhye keep checking on Seunghyun.

                “Are you sure about going with us? You don’t have too”

                “We’ll see later” he answers shortly.

Eunhye keep staring at Seunghyun, they finally reach their destination, “Seunghyun-ah, you look like a homeless person, people will stare at you, you know?”

                “Really? This is too much?”

Eunhye giggle, “Yes it is dear, wait here we’ll get something decent for you”

Nana laughs as she follows her mother to get new clothing for her father.

                Both of the girl wait for him to change in the car.

Sweating a bit, Seunghyun come out and he wear matching coat with Nana, they look like father and daughter. Eunhye move closer to him, she help to wipe the sweat on his face then she put on the mouth mask, “Occasionally cough, when necessary”

                “Nana, let’s go” Eunhye call for Nana, she grab her hand.

                “Appa, let’s go” Nana take Seunghyun hand, finally the three of them make it to the department store. They were lucky that there is not many people around, no one notice Seunghyun was there, so he enjoy the time spend with them.

 

Late that afternoon they arrive home after a quick stop at the market. “Nana, go clean yourself okay” Eunhye put down the groceries bag on the kitchen island. Nana runs to her room quickly.

 Seunghyun has headed towards his bedroom upstairs.

With quick hand she unpack everything then she cut the veggies and chicken, with mother speed she quickly make a few dish for their dinner, while she wait for the chicken soup to cooked Seunghyun walk downstairs with a fresh look.

                “In 10 minute the soup will be ready, the rice will be ready in any minute now and can you help set the table”

He nods looking around the kitchen. He hasn’t spent enough time in the kitchen himself.

                “Okay, I’ll get a quick wash”

Nana is getting out from the room when Eunhye reach to open the door, “Ah, you’re ready. Nana help your Appa to set the table okay” Eunhye pat her daughter head lightly.

                “Okay Eomma”

Nana walks slowly to the kitchen, she look at Seunghyun whose still looking around the kitchen.

                “Appa, can I help you?” she stands near the dining table, it’s not set yet.

Seunghyun stop in front the cabinet, “Sure, do you know where Eomma puts the plate?”

                “I know, Nana will set the plate” she walk to the kitchen island, she take out the plate in the cabinet under the island. She carefully set the table. Nana passes him some plate to serve the food. Both of them quickly get the job done.

                “The soup will be ready soon” he reminded Nana.

Nana look at the food with a growl in her stomach, Nana put her head down shyly. Seunghyun giggle a little.

                “Do you want some juice before dinner?” Seunghyun ask as he stands to grab some juice in the fridge.

                “No Appa, I will be to full for dinner then and Eomma going to be mad”

Seunghyun stop near the fridge, “Really? Well… okay then” he sounded rejected.

Nana notice his reaction, she quickly try to cheer him up “But, I would love some after dinner Appa” Nana smile to him.

                “Okay then” he grab the juice and put in on the table, Seunghyun check the soup, its look ready then he pour the soup into the bowl, the aroma roam their kitchen.

                “Its smell good” Nana inhale the aroma, she might even droll if she doesn’t stop.

Seunghyun walk carefully to the table, “Hot, hot”

Eunhye come running to the kitchen, “Be careful,” she giggle. Eunhye hold a plate, “Put it here, you won’t burn your hand”

                “Ah! I should do this earlier” he carries the plate easily to the table.

 

While they were enjoying their dinner, Eunhye catch some noise from the front door. She stops eating and try harder to listen.

               “Eomma” she called her “why?” Nana asks when she notices her mother action, Seunghyun stop making any sound.

                “Did Manager Oppa tell you his coming tonight?” Nana faces Seunghyun who’s looking curiously at her.

                “No but why Eunhye,”

The doorbell suddenly rings. Seunghyun stand up, “I’ll get this” as he walk to the door he check the surveillance camera, it’s a woman. ‘Oh damn it’ Seunghyun curse in his head, While the bell keep riggings. He runs back to the kitchen.

He whispers to Eunhye, “Emergency, take Nana and stay in the bedroom quietly until I leave the house, now!”

                “But why?” she look worried by Seunghyun action.

                “Just go hurry” he sign her to move fast as he walk back to get the door.

While the guest make her way in, Eunhye and Nana is safely in the room.

                The woman kisses Seunghyun on his cheeks, “Are you cooking? Something smell delicious”

                “Not really”

She quickly makes her way to the kitchen, “The soup is still warm, are you eating? Do you eat with somebody?”

Seunghyun nearly hit his own head, forgetting to put their plate away, “The member come earlier, I’m too busy to clean up” he chuckle as he try to drag the woman from the kitchen.

                “I miss you” she hugs him from behind, “Don’t you remember our dinner date tonight? And now you’ve dinner before me?” she sound disappointed

                “I don’t eat a lot because it doesn’t taste that good, let’s go out okay?” he turn and pinch the woman nose.

She smile with delight, “Okay”

                “Wait here, I grab my things” he dash upstairs.

The woman look around, it’s been awhile since she last visited. The house feels different somehow. She catch some noise from the guest room, slowly she make her way. She grabs the doorknob.

                “Gotcha!” Seunghyun grab the woman by her waist, he swing her to the opposite from the room. He closes the guest room door in a flash.

                “You surprise me” she giggles cheerfully.

                “Come, let’s spend the night together” Seunghyun grab her hand and take her hand to his coat pocket.

Seunghyun take a deep breath, his lucky that he doesn’t get caught. He is not ready to tell anything to his girlfriend.

 

Eunhye nearly stop breathing when a message come in, she drop her bag on the floor. Her heart was racing when she heard someone by the door, she quickly run into the bathroom.

                “Eomma, why are we hiding? Are we playing hide and seek with Appa?” Nana whispers to her mother that looking a little bit white.

                “Well…” she tries to find easy word, “No one can know that we are living with Appa, or Appa will get into big trouble”

                “Is it like when I drink the juice before dinner, then I’ll get into trouble if Eomma know?”

                “Yes, like that” Eunhye pinch her daughter cheek lightly. Nana smile widely and nod her head.

Eunhye tip toe to the door, she doesn’t hear anything from outside, she finally check the message on her phone, “It’s my girlfriend, I’m going out” she read the message. She swipe the touch screen, reading another message, ‘I’ll be late, don’t wait for me” Eunhye take a deep breath, hold her breath for a moment and slowly let it out. “Nana, come and finish dinner” she calls for her daughter.

                After dinner, Eunhye continue to finish her sewing. It’s better to make herself busy than thinking about him and his girlfriend, it’s annoy her at some point. Eunhye fall into her own world. Finishing a few dress and coat for Nana, she finally stops when she can’t stop the yawning.

Nana has fall asleep with book in her hand, Eunhye take the book away, cover her with blanket. She feels sorry for Nana. Eunhye brush the hair covering her face and she kisses her forehead lightly. With loving look she turns off the light and closes the door, she walks to the living room.

 

Eunhye throw herself on the sofa, she try to get deep into the sofa, she wonders if she has taken the wrong path to Seunghyun life.

                “What I’ve been thinking all this time? Of course he might have someone in his life. He is freaking 29 years old. What do I expect?” Eunhye just wanted to get swallowed by the sofa. Eunhye stand up and look around, there is no trace of other woman in the house, that’s why she think that he might still be single. “Should I?” Eunhye eye trail upstairs to Seunghyun bedroom.

The steps feel heavier by the second, she makes her mind, and if the door locks she won’t force herself in then she turn the doorknob, ‘click’ it not lock.

‘I’ve barge uninvited in his life, knowing me he shouldn’t let the door unlock right’ trying to make excused for her mistake. She nod and quickly help herself in his bedroom.

The interior of his bedroom is minimalist with classy black and white. She found a few door so she barge in as she likes. One of the rooms is Seunghyun office decorated with his favourite item like the bearbrick and other Big Bang item, creative room as Eunhye would call. Another room is his wardrobe, fill with cloth, accessories and shoe.

Eunhye ignore her mind objection as she dive into his bed. Comfy, she snugs under the blanket. His scent linger. Her hand grab the photo frame on the side table, it’s a picture of him and his family. Eunhye hand shake as she take another frame, she close her eye. Slowly she open her eye and stare at the picture, its take a while before she can see clearly. The woman is kissing Seunghyun cheeks, he smile brightly, the other pictures are them together with a bright smile, and his hand is on her waist.

Tears flow from her eye, Eunhye rub her eye quickly. “This is reality, this is reality Yoon Eunhye” she calm herself, talks to comfort herself.

                Seunghyun unlock the door and walk to the guest room, he stand there for a while. But decided to not come in, he turn off the light in the living room and walk to his bedroom up stair. He notices someone in his bed. He looks at her. Yoon Eunhye, she really messes up his mind.

He turn off the bedroom light but letting the table lamp shine, he lay facing her. Seunghyun wanted to move her hair covering her face, but he stops in the mid air. Slowly he pull away but still staring at her sleeping face.

                “Did you really come back for Nana? Why now? After 10 years? I will throw myself to you if you come back to me 5 years ago. Its take time to forget you, two years full of hatred, another two years trying hard to forget you, by the fifth year I come to forgive you and hoping that you’d came to my life. By the sixth years, I learn to let go and move on and now… you’re here, with our daughter” he sigh.

Seunghyun turn and lay on his back. After some time he fall asleep too.