Act 23

1 + 1 = 3

 

 

I will sing this song

And I will return to you

If I can see

Your beautiful self again

I will listen to this song with you

And dance for the last time

Remember this moment

Forever if you must

Just one last dance

 

 

She boarded the plane to Jeju from Tokyo after the end of the fashion week. She had her earphone listening to a song on repeat while she taps her finger on her Ipad. She needs to finalize the next spring collection soon. Eunhye keep on looking back on the mood board they made recently, something was added into it by Nara, the signal to put on the seatbelt are on, she pack her stuff and prepare for landing.

Eunhye text Nara once she landed, telling her that’s she will be back in two days, she will be out of reach until then.

The van comes to pick her up, she smile when she see the familiar face, “I miss you”

          “I miss you too” they smile brightly to her.

Jiyong and Youngbae was there in the hardest part of her life, but she didn’t want to burden them and she support them for their dream, she’s happy for their success and she didn’t think they will ever meet again but here they are with open arm even though she suddenly disappear. They are the one who help her to get in touch with Seunghyun.

They headed to a secluded villa that Jiyong own in Jeju. Seunghyun and Nana is already there and waiting for them. Nana doesn’t feel awkward with both of the man as she meet them for a few time before.

They were sitting facing the lake with the fire burning warming the autumn night, chatting of old times. Nana already asleep, and after that Eunhye finally excuse herself leaving the three man there.

          “Did you help her to get back at me?” Seunghyun ask as soon Eunhye disappeared from sight.

Jiyong take a while to answer his question, and Youngbae take a walk to call his wife leaving the two of them alone. “You know what, I know you guys for a long time, but to be honest I don’t really know Eunhye, I’ve tried but she didn’t let her wall down with me” he pause, remembering the day that suddenly his old phone ring, he still keep it because of Eunhye.

          “She disappears on us and she leaves you, the only person that I know she really cares about. I didn’t know the detail but you are broken but it push you to reach for your dream”, Jiyong let out a heavy sigh, it’s been a long years for them to be here in this moment.

          “Maybe I was just holding into the past, hoping for something” he smiles back at Seunghyun, he notice the look on his face, Jiyong take a deep breath, “Sorry Hyung, I just do whatever I felt right at that moment” he apologize as he interfere with his life without telling him.

Seunghyun let out a little laugh,” same old Eunhye, she just have to make a scene,” he pause as he stare again at the dark lake, “but I really don’t know what to do Jiyong” there is defeat in his tone. There was a lot of thing Jiyong wanted to ask, but looking at him like that, he knows it’s a burden for Seunghyun to answer. Jiyong pat his back lightly, “come on Hyung, let’s get some rest” he put down the fire with a bucket of water and slowly make his way to their villa.

          “Hey Jiyong, I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to protect Eunhye and keep my promise” he catch on to walk by Jiyong side. It was a long due apologize.

          “I’m sorry for weighing it on you Hyung,”

 

It’s a long weekend, they just spend their day in the resort, watching movie together, eating and playing games with each other.

Seunghyun and Youngbae were playing together with Nana, while her mother Eunhye prepares their lunch barbeque. Jiyong stay near her helping with the grill.

          “Nana grows up beautifully,” he look at her, “it must have been hard on you”, Eunhye take a lettuce and pack it with the grilled meat then she put it in Jiyong mouth.

          “Never thought that I can, right?” Eunhye smile cheekily.

Jiyong nod, “Yes, if people know the ‘you’ from middle school”, he had to emphasis the ‘you’ when he say it.

Eunhye giggle. “There are people who support me and make it easier”, she smile and continue wrapping the dumpling and setting it aside.

Jiyong is restless, sitting down and standing up again, he gathers his last bit of courage to ask Eunhye something. Before he can ask, Eunhye already call the other for lunch.

That night, while Seunghyun gets Nana ready for bed, Youngbae headed back to Seoul first.

          “Eunhye” he pauses and looks at her again. She blinked her eye once and smiles lovingly to him, Youngbae pull her into his embrace and kiss her head lightly, “Its feel like the old time, but…there is a part that needed catching up”

Eunhye hold his hand, “No, there is nothing to catch up, just to move forward, always has been and always will be, and that’s that”

Youngbae wanted to differ but nodded in agreement when he notices her assuring looks.

Jiyong run down the stairs. “This is the present for the coming baby” he pass the paper bag to Youngbae who already in the car.

          “Congrats again, I’ll sent my present soon” Eunhye wave her hand at him as the car slowly leave the property.

 

“Let’s have a drink together, we never had that chance”

They talk about the past a lot, “Hey Eunhye, you know that I’m not Youngbae” he stop and think of something, Eunhye give him her attention, “What I mean that I’m not a person whose understanding and have kind of mind reading ability like Youngbae, you know what I mean right” both of them are a little lightheaded at that moment, but she nod while trying to grasp what he wanted to say, it’s always like that with Youngbae, he know that every action have a reason.

          “I’m not him, I needed explanation Eunhye”, she look away, trying to catch a breath, “Eunhye” he call her, afraid if he touches an old wound.

“You guys are spring to my life and Seunghyun bring the warm of the sun to me, there is no way in the world that teenager Eunhye will open up about herself with you guys” she pause, collecting her courage.

“They are not abusive, it’s just the way they love is different” the tears damp her eyes but she quickly wipe it. Eunhye been over her past but meeting them, especially Seunghyun. The memory keep flooding back like it was yesterday, “But it’s been so long Jiyong-ah!” she giggle lightly, the alcohol must have gotten into her.

He knows that too, he sense something was wrong and Seunghyun once told him about it, but that’s it, there is nothing he could do. Eunhye block out anything that indicate that she needed the help.

There is nothing he could do at that time.

          “You wanna know something Jiyong-ah” she pull Jiyong closer and whisper something to him and then she just laugh happily, “Seunghyun-ahh~” she call as soon she notice him walking toward them, “Lets drink the night away”

Maybe it was the alcohol, they spend their time merrily.