Act 18

1 + 1 = 3

 The latest song from the group 2NE1 played in the elevator, he smile proudly when her voice fill the air.

As he steps out from the elevator, he catches her walking towards the elevator. Seunghyun grab her arm but she glare in protest of his action.

            "Tonight, my place" he whisper and he let her go and walk pass her.

She enter the elevator, Park Bom shake her head in disbelieve. How dare he act like nothing had happen between them? Bom snicker at her reflection on the elevator wall.

He serves the food he bought earlier, Seunghyun heard the click at the door and he smile widely knowing that she come.

            "How are you dear?" he asks after she is seated at her chair.

Bom refuse to answer, she stare at him then back to the food on the table.

Seunghyun can’t help but smile, they dinner is in silence but he still appreciate that Bom come even thought she had the right to ignore him or even dump him, but Seunghyun doesn’t want that to happen.

            “Seunghyun” she finally calls for him. Seunghyun stop cleaning the table.

            “Thank you for dinner” Bom say without looking at him.

He kiss her cheek lightly, “Thank you for coming” he whisper.

Bom rest her head on his shoulder, their finger intertwine together. Bom look at the way their finger touching. She feels safe in his embrace. Seunghyun pull her hand and kiss it lightly.

            “The woman from before, who is she” Bom can’t stop thinking about the woman she saw last time, do Seunghyun hug her like this too, Bom cant calm down.

Seunghyun shake his head, “She’s someone dear to me”

Her eyebrow is raise by his words.

            “Explain it Seunghyun” Bom stand up and she face him.

            “I can’t, not now Bom” he shakes his head.

Bom sigh heavily, words doesn’t come out from her parted lips, it stuck.

            “Let not talk about this, Bom” Seunghyun try to grab her arm to pull her to him.

            “No” she pulls away and moves backward from Seunghyun. “You can’t treat me like this Seunghyun and I’m not your toy”

Seunghyun stand and move closer to her, he stand by her side, “I don’t meant it like that”

            “Is it me or her, choose” Bom drop the question bomb.

Seunghyun hesitant make Bom look at him with disbelief.

            “Whatever” Bom take her bag and leave the house quickly.

Seunghyun nailed at the floor, he can’t even move an inch, catching up to Bom means he has to explain things to her, and she won’t be able to accept it but standing here would also mean that he choose Eunhye over Bom.

Seunghyun is helpless, he drop onto the sofa. He can’t do anything to make things right.

 


 

Nana look from afar, her father has been quiet all morning and he’s laying down all day long, Nana hide her book at her back, her mother ask her to finish homework with father. Nana wonders if it’s okay to bother Seunghyun now.

She look back at her mother in the sewing room, she let out a warm smile and wave to her to go to Seunghyun.

Slowly she approach Seunghyun, she take light step not to surprise him.

            “Appa” she calls.

Seunghyun is not reacting.

            “Appa” she calls for the second time.

Seunghyun still doesn’t move an inch.

Nana takes a deep breath, “Appa!” she calls louder.

Seunghyun move his hand from his head, “Hey Nana” he woke up and sit on the sofa.

            “Appa, can you help me with my homework” Nana shows him her book.

Seunghyun smile, “Sure dear, wait Appa need to freshen up” he wakes and pat Nana head lovingly.

The father and daughter sit on the floor with book open to be completed, they had fun finishing up Nana homework. Their laughter caught Eunhye attention, she stand at the door and watch them. She can’t help but smile to her ears.

            “Nana English is better than Appa” Seunghyun can’t stop smiling, he is proud that Nana turn to be a clever girl.

Nana smile brightly, Seunghyun pinch her cheeks lightly.

            “Do you want to learn Japanese?”

Nana nod quickly, she really like to learn other language.

            “Well, Appa is not that good, but I can teach you the basic”

            “Okay Appa” He pat her head lightly and Nana smile showing her white teeth.

Eunhye put her hand at her heart, its warm.     

            The night curtain falls, Eunhye stand at the window talking to someone on the phone, Seunghyun is putting Nana to bed.

            “When are you coming back” she ask the person on the line.

She keeps her focus at the person on the phone.

            “Yeah, miss you too” she chuckle when the person laughs.

            “Ok, I love you too, bye” she end the call and turn back to see Seunghyun sitting on the bed looking at her with curiosity in his eye.

            “Who are you talking to?”

            “Someone”

            “You’re sleeping on the couch tonight”

Eunhye stomp to him, “Wait! Why?”

            “My home, my bed, my rule, I can do anything I like” Seunghyun snickers as he lay down on the bed.

Eunhye sigh, too tired to fight with him she lay still on the couch.

            “Hey Eunhye, turn off the light”

            “Where’s the remote?”

            “I don’t know”

Eunhye shake her head in disbelieve, she glare at him as she turn off the light but Seunghyun smile in return. She stomp back to sleep on the couch.

Even if she’s not looking, she knows that Seunghyun is snickering at her. Eunhye close her eye, it’s been a long day, and she needed to rest.

            “Hey Eunhye” he waited for her to respond.

            “Answer me” he asked again, he knows that she’s not asleep yet.

Without opening her eye, she answer, “mmm”

            “You’re going after a year” he asks carefully.

Eunhye wide awake from his question, she doesn’t expect him to ask it. Eunhye hold her hand tightly, she can feel her eye got warmer.

            “You want us to stay longer?” she asks, ignoring the tears that running down her cheek.

She waited for him to answer, but all she hears are the rustling on the bed.

            “Well, I’ve promise for a year, I’ll keep it. Don’t worry” her heart ache as she mumble the words.

            “Okay” he replies softly.

            “Okay”

After that just light snoring can be heard in the bedroom, both of them fall asleep with thousand questions still in mind.

It’s raining heavily outside, the cracking sound of thunder and the strike of lightning dance in the stormy night. Eunhye heard the light knock on the door, “Eomma” she can hear Nana calling for her at the bedroom door. She jumps up from laying. Quickly she try to find Seunghyun, whose sleeping on the couch and when did she end up on the bed, putting that aside, she waken up Seunghyun.

            “Seunghyun, Nana at the door, and come to the bed quick” she pulls her arm.

 Still a little bit dizzy he follows Eunhye order without question.

            “Nana” Eunhye already at the door as Seunghyun lay on the bed.

Nana grab onto Eunhye neck, “Eomma, I’m afraid, can I sleep with you”

She hugs Nana and takes her to the bed, “Okay dear”

Nana sleep between them, she hugs her mother, Seunghyun pat her back lightly and in not in no time she fall back to sleep.

            “She use to sleep with me, sorry if it bother you”

Seunghyun shake his head, “It’s okay, Nana must has been afraid to sleep alone in this stormy night”

            “Go to sleep, you are tired too” Seunghyun run his finger on her cheeks, he slip her hair behind her ears. Eunhye feel the warmness by his touch.

Eunhye close her eye and Seunghyun move to kiss Nana head, and he move closer to kiss Eunhye on her forehead, and she feel his warm lips making her heart skip a beat. He hugs Nana and rests his hand on Eunhye waist.

Somehow everything seems perfect, a perfect family for Choi Nana.

 


 

this is really a late update ay, mianhaeyo chingu-ah~