Act 24

1 + 1 = 3

 

 

        “You’re accepted into the college, be ready to transfer in several weeks, this is the detail” she throws the envelope on the kitchen bar.

Eunhye look out of place, she didn’t try hard enough to pass the entrance exam, how did it end up she passes. She thought that she could at least finish her high school properly before going into collage.

          “Snap out of it, I’m only making your life easier from hereon. I’m tired Eunhye-ah, just be grateful and do as I say” she put her bag away and headed to the bar section, she then pour herself a glass, “Now go, I don’t want to see you”

Eunhye quickly take her leave to her room upstairs and she had the envelope in hand.

She had several glasses down, “Eunkyung-ah, she remind me a lot of you, the way she look, just as beautiful you” she then laugh slightly, “she reminded me of lot of things actually, I hated her the same as I have hated you”

She heard the scream from upstairs and she know what that mean, “See, I told you that she look to much like you, Jihoon can’t stop”

          “Here to the drink we take and to much more that we miss” she clanks the glasses and drinks both of it.

Eunhye manage to safe herself again, she run out from the house with the house slippers, how many time would she be able to run from her uncle. She ends up finding herself on the same bridge.

How many times did she end up here, while vehicle pass in and out of the bridge and the river flowing below it.

It had actually cross her mind, either to throw herself into the moving vehicle or jump into the river, but she didn’t want to.

 

Eunhye wanted to live.

 


 

 

They have missed the opportunity to meet up for several time, Eunhye had decided that she had to see him no matter what.

          “Hi Oppa!” she cheerily greeted him as soon as he open the door.

Seunghyun look surprise by the sudden visit, but he hurriedly hugs her tightly, “I miss you so much” he whisper.

They kiss for a moment before he quickly pulls Eunhye inside, forgetting that they were still at the front door.

          “Sorry for the mess, I’ve been busy these pass day” Seunghyun grab the mess in his room.

          “Oppa, I’ve brought some stuff, let me prepare dinner” Eunhye been there once, she already make that place as hers.

          “Yeah, thanks babe, I’ll clean up for a bit”

They talk while they ate dinner they were laughing and enjoying each company.

          “Is it okay if I drink” Seunghyun open a can of beer, Eunhye nods, “Can I have a bit Oppa” she wink at him,

Seunghyun pinch her nose, “No,”

They cuddle as they watch the movie, the light is turn off to create the cinema feel, since they were too lazy to go out after dinner.

Rather focusing on the movie, Seunghyun taking a wisp of her scent, she smell nice of vanilla rose, he always love that smell of her, “Babe, you smell nice” he sniffed Eunhye hair, his fingers linger on Eunhye hip. He almost whines when Eunhye suddenly gets up but quickly smiles when she giggles and sits on top of Seunghyun.

Seeing Eunhye take off her t-shirt, he wonder if he had too many drinks. The moonlight shine on her skin making she looks damn gorgeous. She her lips, “Nooo, don’t do that babe, I can’t hold it” he caress her cheek, she smile cheekily.

“You’re such a cheeky little devil” Seunghyun pulls Eunhye closer for a kiss. He traces her spine, his touch making her tremble in pleasure.

Seunghyun marks her, “You’re mine” She reply by marking him as hers too,

“I love you babe”

“Always” she replied

“Forever” he catches her lower lips, kissing her passionately.

The night deepens as the moon shy away when the lovers shower each other with love.

 

The window were open, the warm breeze play with the curtain. The end of summer is coming, soon it will be colder. Seunghyun open his eye, a smile linger. It’s been awhile since he feels so refresh, “I have a good night rest” he mumble as he try to feel the person by his side, he remember that Eunhye said the senior had to attend school today and she probably have left, he missed her.

A piece of sticky note is stuck on his phone, he read the content. Seunghyun smile fade. He tries to reach her on the phone, but the call is not connected. Seunghyun grab clean clothes that lying around and rush somewhere.

 

‘Seunghyun lets breakup’

-Yoon Eunhye,18

 

The note flutters on the table when the air gushes inside the room, the winter come early for Seunghyun.

Thousands of things jumble up in his mind, he wonders up and down the stairs as he waits for her to appear. Student started to leave the school yard late that noon. He keeps looking up the stairs. Eunhye was walking among a group of girls, and that is not something that he use to see.

Eunhye obviously notice him, but she continues to talk with her girls while passing by Seunghyun. He is in denial by the way Eunhye treat him but he is quick to grab on her arm, stopping her from moving.

          “Eunhye, please…what do you mean by this”

She snicker, “Let me go, you’re hurting me”

The other girls chattering between themselves, “Hey, isn’t your boyfriend”

Eunhye give her the stare, “Please, as if… I was just wasting some time with him, didn’t you dare me” she pulls her arm from his grab.

          “Yoon Eunhye, don’t do this”

She stares at him, and let out a wicked smile,

          “Hyung, she is out of your league” a boy pass him and grab Eunhye, he rest his arm around Eunhye waist, she whisper something to him and they all laugh out loud. They continue to walk away from him.

          “Eunhye!” there was anger in his voice. He can’t simply accept what happening at the moment. He separates the boy from Eunhye and punch him without notice and the boy fall down due to the shock, his nose was probably broken from the impact.

          “WHAT THE SEUNGHYUN!” Eunhye raise her voice. She pulls him away from hitting the boy again.

          “STOP IT! Know your place!”

Seunghyun stop, he grab onto Eunhye collar.

          “Hit me” she dares him.

They were staring at each other, Seunghyun trying to find his Eunhye but he come to his sense and let her go.

          “You are fat, ugly and poor. There is no way in the world I will fall in love with you, none! NEVER! It was just a dumb play! I PLAYED you!” she throws her words out.

Suddenly the sky is angry, the lightning strike and thunder shock everyone and the rain started to drizzle upon them. The others quickly disperse as the downfall become heavier.

Eunhye already headed into the car, she’s not turning even once, she hop into the car waiting for her and it drove away.

Seunghyun was still there, standing in the rain.

Someone come and the rain stop falling onto him, “Take it” she passes the umbrella to him. He takes a look at the person but he nod and slowly he leave without the umbrella, letting the rains fall unto him.

Moon Shiyoung just let him be, she had watched them from earlier. She let out a heavy sigh.

Winter come early for Seunghyun.