Act 12

1 + 1 = 3

 

Nana is doing well in school, she get along with Rania and Lizzy fast. Nana are getting close to her father too, they are developing the father and daughter relationship with a slow and steady pace.

One morning while Eunhye is busy in the room, Seunghyun spend the evening playing games with Nana.

            “Nana-ah”

They were enjoying some ice-cream at the balcony. Nana turns her attention to her father when he called her. Seunghyun smile to his heart content, he would never thought to have a 10 years old girl as his daughter so early in life. Slowly he falls for her cuteness.

            “I’m doing a new movie starting next week, so... Appa won’t be home for awhile”

Nana stops spooning her ice-cream, “Why?” she asks innocently.

            “Well, because I have to get into character, cold hearted and bad character” he explained.

            “You’ll be a bad person Appa?”

            “Yes, I have a play as a bad person, so that’s why I can’t be home for awhile”

Nana nods her head, “I understand, before this I am a tree in a play, it’s really easy. Nana has to stand quietly and cry when someone cut it and fall and then roll out from the stage” she smiles brightly telling her father her experience.

            “I hope that I will catch you in a play soon” Seunghyun can’t stop himself from smiling.

            “Okay” and she finish her bowl of ice cream quickly.

Later that night after Nana fall asleep, and like the other time both of them are quietly accompanying each other in the living room, Seunghyun are looking through his script, Eunhye sip her coffee.

            “I’ve told Nana that I won’t be home for awhile” Seunghyun couldn’t focus so he tries to have a conversation with her.

            “Nana told me earlier” she answers not looking away from her coffee.

            “Would you be able to sleep after this?”

Eunhye give her the question look.

            “Coffee” he point to the cup she’s holding.

            “I’ve work to finish after this”

Seunghyun feel a little frustrated, he moves closer to Eunhye. Seunghyun hold her chin and make her look at him face to face, she nearly caught off guard but luckily she doesn’t drop the coffee mug.

Empty, it like drowning in a deep dark sea, Seunghyun though that he can read her like a book, but there something deep inside her, Seunghyun gives up and let go of her with a sigh.

            “What work do you do exactly Eunhye?”

Carefully she put down the mug down, “Well, if you notice Seunghyun-shi, I, me… Yoon Eunhye a fashion designer”

A smirk appears on his face, “Really?” and he continues to question her, “Never see you go out for office”, he doubts her.

            “Well…” Eunhye pause a little, thinking, “Such detail I don’t have to provide you with Choi Seunghyun-shi” she look at him, “Why?”

            “Nothing, just asking” he thought this is not the things that he should focus on.

            “You don’t have to worry about the living expenses, I’ll manage… if that’s is your worrying about”

Seunghyun laugh slightly, “It’s not like I can’t handle it too,”

            “Yeah, I know” she hides the bitter smile while she gulps down the coffee.

The day arrive, Seunghyun is all set up to leave the house, “Eunhye-ah, should we take a picture?” Seunghyun take out his camera.

Nana sit on the sofa in between her parent, a picture are taken.

Seunghyun laugh looking at it, “Why are we all looking so serious”, at the end a they manage to smile before the manager called for Seunghyun to hurry.

            “This will do” Eunhye smile too looking at the final picture of them.

Seunghyun wear the necklace on Nana, “Baby bear, this is a gift from papa bear” Seunghyun show her the bear brick hanging on her necklace.

            “Appa, I’m not a baby” Nana pouts.

            “You’re still are for me” and he show her the matching bear dangling on his phone.

            “See, I have one too, I’m Papa Bear” he smile cheekily. Seunghyun give her a hug and kiss on her cheeks. “Take care of Mama Bear okay, and be a good girl”

Nana nods her head.

            “Mama Bear, this is for you” he put it in her hand, another bear keychain.

            “Thank you, please take care of yourself”

            “Okay” he answer shortly and ready to leave the house.

Nana holds onto him, “Appa, you’re not going to kiss Eomma?” she asks innocently. They look at each other and look back at Nana.

Father and Mother normally do this right, family show affection to each other right. Before Eunhye can pull out her reasoning a quick kiss brushed her cheek, and she quickly do the same.

            “Appa, that’s all. Kiss Eomma lips, you won’t meet for awhile, won’t you miss Eomma?”

            “Nana” Eunhye voice raise an octave, warning her.

Seunghyun laugh at his daughter cheekiness, but he quickly cover Nana eye with his hand and quickly he stole a kiss from Eunhye, their lips meet for a moment. Eunhye eye widen with surprise.

            “Appa did it?” Nana ask with a giggle as soon as her vision recover, Eunhye is looking shock from what happening so fast, she doesn’t have enough time to think for it.

Nana runs from her mother, “Goodbye Appa, take care” she bow politely to her father and quickly dash while still giggling happily to her room.

            “Your daughter”

Seunghyun is ready to leave the house, “Your daughter too”

            “Bye, keep in touch” she says.

            “Yeah, bye… and don’t put your hope high” he laughs at the end of his word.

Eunhye smirk, “As if, as if Choi Seunghyun” 

It’s been a few days since Seunghyun leave the house and he did manage to text her that him going overseas to shoot the film.

Eunhye loitering in Seunghyun room again, it’s one of the places that she shouldn’t go but couldn’t help herself and with the frame in her hand, she been wondering if she can put the family picture alongside with his family and you know who, someone that she rather not say.

She finally put it in between the picture frames, Eunhye walk to the end of the bed, looking at the picture. She stood there looking.

A smile came out, “Silly me, it doesn’t fit in at all” a bitter reality that she had to chunk down forcefully. Eunhye grab the frame and quickly leave the room. The longer she lingers in that room, the harder it takes for her to leave.

            “Eomma, I was looking for you” Nana climbing the stair.

            “Sorry, have you finish packing up”

Nana smile and she nods her head.

“Let’s go” Eunhye has decided that they better stay somewhere else while Seunghyun is not around.

Eunhye rings the bell and she rings it playfully several times, hoping that the owner of the house will quickly come out.

            “Well, well… why I’m not surprise to see you here”

Eunhye grin showing her white teeth,

            “Hello Auntie Moon” Nana bow politely to her, Moon rubs her head warmly.

            “Appa is not home, so Eomma don’t want to stay there” Nana quickly tells Moon what bring them there.

            “Hurry up gets in and makes yourself home”

They have been to Moon house countless times, they were practically a family.

            “Sorry Moon Ssem, I don’t have anywhere to turn too”

Moon smile, no matter how many years past, Yoon Eunhye still have her playful side, “Are we playing teacher and student today?”

Eunhye smile, “We should Unnie” a lot of things happen in those past 10 years and a teacher has change into someone dearly to her too.

            “Come on, Ssem have all day” she pinches Eunhye cheeks lightly, yes… Yoon Eunhye will always be her cheeky student.

Eunhye compile her work, it’s been a while since her last visit to the company and while she’s near and Seunghyun is off to work she better grab the chance. She had to look good tomorrow.

            “Nana-ah” she call for her daughter, she finally get out from the room, she need fresh air to prepare for tomorrow.

            “Eomma, we are out here,” Nana calls for her mother.

The three of them lay on the bench table in the yard, looking to the sky, talking about anything that crosses their mind.

            “Nana-ah, tomorrow Eomma going to start a project”

            “Eomma going to release a new line of clothing?” she asks interestingly.

            “Yes, yes… so Eomma going to work in the office for a little bit”

Nana smile and blink her eye, Eunhye new line also means that she can wear the new design earlier before its release in the market. As she grows a bit older she started liking to dress up prettily.

            “Eomma knows what your smile means, I got it, don’t worry you’ll be the first one to wear it” Eunhye pinch Nana nose.

            “So can I get a pair too Eunhye-shi” Moon Ssem asks seriously.

            “Well, maybe, I’m going to think about it later on” Eunhye giggle.

Nana catch her mother and hug her, both of them giggle happily as Moon started tickling them.

The three of them laugh out loud, it been awhile. Moon look at them, her eye fall upon Eunhye, she know Eunhye has been thru a lot and seeing her smile and laugh like that ease her heart a bit.

            “Nana, its way past your bedtime” she stops both of them from attacking each other.

With laughter still hangs on their lips, “Okay Auntie Moon” she giggle and hug both of them and quickly run to her room.

            “She’s such a good girl right Unnie” Eunhye wipe the tears that form from the laughter.

            “Yeah, she listen well, not like some girl I know before” Moon glare at Eunhye, but she smile when Eunhye giggle.

            “Yeah, some trouble isn’t it that girl you know from before”

Moon smile and nod, yes… some trouble she is. Moon take out some hot chocolate, both of them enjoy the night for awhile.

            “Unnie, sometimes strangers are closer than family” Eunhye smile to her.

            “If I have a family to start with” she giggles.

Moon look at Eunhye, quietly she hold her closer, patting her back. “It’s all in the past Eunhye, let it go”

Eunhye let her tears falls, letting go of all the emotion building up inside.

           Morning has come, Moon is preparing breakfast for the girls, “Come and have breakfast” she call for them.

            “Olalla, you’re looking gorgeous”

Eunhye smile, “Just for today Unnie”

After breakfast, Nana and Eunhye leave the house first. Eunhye drop Nana at her school, it’s just a few block from the house.

            “Nana, Eomma won’t be able to take you after school, can you come back yourself?”

Nana smile, “Of course Eomma, its close from school, so don’t worry about me”

Eunhye kiss her daughter lovingly, “Neh, I love you so very much”

            “I love you even more and more and more Eomma” Nana hug and kisses Eunhye back.

            “See you later dear”

Nana nods her head and she jump out from the car, she wave her mother goodbye and quickly run into the school. With ease heart Eunhye drove to her destination.

She walk in the building confidently, she show her card when needed, the golden VVIP card make it easy for her to roam inside the building, even to the chairman office.

Eunhye check her reflection in the mirror, its shout out confident no matter how you look at it, she breath lightly, there are tremor in her heart.

She gets out from the elevator, the secretary notice her.

            “Good morning Yoon Eunhye-shi” she stands and bows politely.

            “Good morning, has he come?”

            “Yoon Sajangnim hasn’t arrive yet, but he will come in soon”

            “Okay, I’ll wait inside” Eunhye open the door to the chairman office.

Luckily the secretary memory is really good, Eunhye doesn’t come that often, but she manages to remember her properly.

            Eunhye make herself comfortable, she never like this particular room, its suffocating. A smirk appear on her face, its cant be help that she do like to play a little game once in a while.

Her finger trails the empty seat of the man that controlling everything under his finger, it’s fascinating that a person can have such power with all the wealth he has, but it’s nothing that easy to achieve and protect. In an instant anything could turn the table. What a pity, the burden that they have to put through with.

Eunhye take the seat, it’s comfortable enough, but she doesn’t fancy it at all.

            “Hello hello, little princess” the men come in the office.

Eunhye turn the seat facing him, she gave him a small smile, “If it isn’t Yoon Kye Sang, the chairman and successor of the Yoon Fashion and Textile”

            “Been awhile Eunhye, you’re looking good as always” he hang his coat and take a seat on the sofa.

            “Would you like some drink?” he ask.

            “I declined the offer” Eunhye stand from the chair and join him at the sofa.

His secretary comes in with some hot tea for both of them.

            “Come on Eunhye, drink a bit… it’s not like I’m going to poison you or anything”

Eunhye glare towards him, his plain dry humour, its annoy her. “Let me be Kye Sang, I don’t come to enjoy a tea with you”

            “Yes, I know” he watches her from the end of his eye.

Eunhye fell suffocated idling in the room, she notice his eye.

            “Just to inform you, I’ll be playing in the company for a bit” she stands up and get ready to take her leave.

            “Of course you can do whatever you seem fit Eunhye” he put down the empty cup.

Eunhye nod politely.

            “Eunhye”

She stops her footstep.

            “How are you doing? Are you okay?”

Eunhye smirk, without looking back she reply, “Don’t even start it Yoon Kye Sang-shi, its already too late” and she got out from the room.

It’s already too late, the words keep repeating in his mind. If they are not born into this family, maybe their fate would be different.

Kye Sang take a deep breath, the word If is not something that he fond of, this is their fate and some way or another he would try to mend things up.

He will prepare the playground for the little princess, Kye Sang pick the phone, “Nam-shi, Yoon Eunhye will be working for a bit, inform all the department”

            Eunhye make her way to the ladies room, checking her complexion on the mirror. She looks okay, even better than the other day. “That Kye Sang, did he learn psychology or something? Or did he spy on me again”

She put on the red lipstick again. High heels are killing her slowly, she sigh lightly. “Whatever, I can’t wait to start working”

She walk toward the design department on level 5, people notice and can’t help but stare her, some of them might not know her, but if Yoon Eunhye name are mention they will definitely know her, because she’s one of the head designer that has made many hit item. She rarely come to the company, she do all her work online directly with the other head designer.

A smile appears on her lips as soon as she notices the person she dying to meet in person. She stop at the secretary place, “Morning, can I meet with Jang Leader”

            “Morning Yoon Leader, she’s waiting for you too”

            “Thank you” Eunhye nod politely and she went straight ahead, taking the stair to reach Jang office. She walks inside after Jang nod lightly, allowing Eunhye to come in her office.

            “What do you think about this Eunhye?”

Eunhye doesn’t even manage to sit down, she laugh lightly, “Nara Unnie, greet me properly would you”

            “Save that for later, come on lets work” she touch her glasses, keeping it in place, Jang Nara wearing glasses mean that she’s in work mode, so you better be serious.

            “Of course Jang Leader” Eunhye put down her jacket and they move to the work table, Eunhye take out her work on the table and they work their magic.

            Eunhye get back later that night, Nana is already in bed getting ready to sleep.

“Eomma get exited doing work, but I’ll make sure to get home earlier next time” she pinch Nana cheeks lightly.

            “Don’t overworks yourself Eomma, please don’t fall sick” Nana hold her mother hand.

Eunhye smile at her, Nana get her hair ruffle by her mother, “Eomma will remember that, you to my lovely cute daughter” she grab Nana and attack her cheeks with her kisses.

            “I wanted to see Appa too” Nana whispers the words.

            “Appa is thinking about you too dear, don’t worry. You going to see him in no time”

Eunhye cover Nana with the blanket.

            “Sweet dream dear” Eunhye kiss her goodnight.

            “I love you Eomma, goodnight” Nana kiss her too.

Seunghyun are reading his script to memorise it one last time before his turn, but he cannot stop to check his phone to look at their picture, he had several picture of both of the girl too and once in a while he will smile. Seunghyun getting himself attach to them. He starts to think about Eunhye words, just for this year make a family for Nana. It’s stuck in his mind, he realize that he getting use of having both of them in his life, what if and what if Eunhye…

His thought is stop when they called for him to get ready, he take a deep breath, “Come on TOP” he mentally slap himself.

He drops everything else in his mind, now he got to get into his role.