Act 14

1 + 1 = 3

 

Choi Seunghyun take a deep breath, he must say something to ease the situation. He looks back and forth at the CEO of YG Entertainment, the man who raises him up to this level, a level that he could be proud of himself.

He gathers his courage, it’s not the time to freak out because he knows this day would come but it’s just a little bit soon that he expected.

                “Sajangnim” he looks straight in his eye.

Yang Hyun Suk looks at him eagerly waiting for him to open up.

                “Please take care of the story, don’t let it out”

YG gave a look that he wanted more answer.

Seunghyun breathe lightly, “This is something from my past, and it’s really personal. I don’t want it to get tangle with my work”

YG shake his head, he feel wronged, “Past, personal? It’s a woman and a little girl. Don’t you think you need to explain it properly to me?”

Seunghyun seem unwilling to explain more than what he has said, but he also knows that YG won’t let him go easily.

                “TOP-ah, not that I don’t believe your word, but this is something bigger that it seem and people can judge a lot by looking at the picture, at least I have to know the truth so I can protect you and them and your family. You know this might affect a lot of people right?”

Seunghyun know that YG is right, he when silent for a minute or two. “Well, this is it... she’s my ex- girlfriend and the little girl is my daughter”

YG seem to be taken aback, well… he don’t think that Seunghyun is the type to be so reckless. Seunghyun doesn’t have other option but to tell him about his past.

YG tap his finger on the table, trying to digest the word from Seunghyun, “A year? And what happen after that?”

Seunghyun shake his head lightly, “I don’t really know”

                “Do you really believe this woman?”

Seunghyun smile, “Maybe not 100% but you know the feeling when you look at your daughter and you know that she’s yours, I feel that when I see Nana”

                “But that woman might have other attention” YG doubt the sudden appearance of Eunhye and Nana.

                “Even so, but still… it’s hard to explains Sajangnim” Seunghyun can’t hide the smile blooming on his face.

Looking at him like that, YG quickly make his decision, “I’ll keep the story from coming out, but be extra careful and be responsible for your action, and remember this might change a lot of things in the future”

                “Thank you Sajangnim!” he finally can smile with ease.

YG hug and pats Seunghyun back lightly, from a father to another father. YG believe Seunghyun would do his best to protect his family and all the people around him. As much as he loves his family, the kids that he raises for 10 to 15 years are like his own child, he wanted them to be successful and happiness fills their life on stage and in their personal life, YG just wanted to do the best even though sometime he makes irrational decision.

                “Do your best” YG reminded him.

Seunghyun nods her head, he bow down respectably and then he leaves the room.  

 

Seunghyun went silent along the way to his house, his manager say his goodbye and leave him alone in the house.

He stands at the door, looking inside the house, the light automatic light up. He wonder has his house feel so empty before. It’s the same house since the last time he renovates it to suit his style, the same living room, the same kitchen. The warm feeling linger as he steps inside, he remember the laughter of his daughter and the smell of her cooking, the warm feeling wrap around him.

A small smile form from his lips, Seunghyun cover his eye with his arm as he lay on the sofa.

Is he losing a game with Eunhye, doesn’t he remember that Eunhye hurt him severely, but that all doesn’t matter for Seunghyun at that very moment.

 

                Eunhye put her luggage inside the car, she hug Moon Shi Young tightly.

                “You big baby, drive carefully”

Eunhye chuckle and gave her another hug, “Yes Ssem”

                “Yes, yes… see you again”

Eunhye nod, she safely drive out to her destination, Nana is still sleeping. Eunhye doesn’t want to wake her up as she was too excited to be meeting her father again and end up staying up late last night.

Seunghyun would be back that day, so she wanted to prepare food before he arrive and clean up the house a bit, it’s been awhile since anyone stay there.

Eunhye bring Nana inside but he notices someone on laying on the sofa, she walk slowly approaching the person, she smile when she notice that it’s Seunghyun. She put Nana inside and quickly takes their luggage inside

Eunhye stand quietly in the living room, she think what should she do first. She takes out his stocking, and lightly she covers him with a blanket.

Luckily she packs some food from Moon Ssem house, so she quickly makes some light breakfast for the three of them. While she was frying some egg, Seunghyun already waken up, he stand there looking at her backside.

                “Yah!” Eunhye step back, she nearly throws away the frying pan.

Seunghyun laugh. “Why?”

                “Don’t scare me like that”

Seunghyun laugh a little, “Sorry” his deep voice are even deeper in the morning. Eunhye froze for a second, charmed with his voice.

When she realize, Seunghyun is long gone to his room.

                “What am I dreaming about anyway” Eunhye sigh but she quickly serves the food on the table and lastly she prepares some juice.

                “Eomma! Good morning, has Appa arrived? Has he?” Nana comes running from her room, with her hair still damp.

                “Nana-ah, go dry your hair first”

Nana sulk when her mother doesn’t gave her a straight answer. Eunhye shake her head, there is time when Nana will act like a baby and be a little stubborn at times.

                “Guess who” Seunghyun cover Nana eyes with his fingers. Nana giggles as she knows her father voice.

                “Appa!”

                “Clever girl, come here” Seunghyun squat down and embrace her in his warm hug.

                “I miss you Appa”

Seunghyun pat her back lightly, “I miss you too”

Nana look at her father, and she smile lovingly.

                “Come here and let me help you dry your hair”

Eunhye look at their back as they walk hand in hand to the room. She sits on the table waiting for them to get ready. Eunhye is glad that they grow closer to each other so quickly. Isn’t this what she wanted?

 

Eunhye are cleaning up her room while Seunghyun is busy on the phone with someone, Nana check her book, wondering if she forgotten to do her homework, tomorrow school will start again.

                “Thanks Noona” Seunghyun thanks someone on the line and quickly end the call, Seunghyun run downstairs where she fine Eunhye in her room.

                “Eunhye” he calls her.

Eunhye close the cabinet after finishing folding the clothes. “Why?”

                “Pack your stuff”

Eunhye look at him with disbelieve, “Wait, what?”

                “Pack your stuff and don’t ask anything okay”

Eunhye stop his hand from opening the drawer where she keeps her things.

                “This is TOP talking, just does as I say and pack all you’re belonging”

                “Wait…”Eunhye use her body to stop him from opening the closet. “You’re not forgetting your promise right? We made a promise”

Seunghyun stare her straight in her eye, “I’m not breaking our promise, I assure you I’m doing this for the sake of our promise, will you believe me Eunhye?”

Eunhye gave up, “I do”

                “Thank you”

While Seunghyun run back upstairs to pick some of his stuff, Eunhye ask Nana to gather all of their belonging. Nana doesn’t ask when she sees the worried look on her mother, she quietly does as her mother ask. She ponders what going to happen to them.

Seunghyun manager help to put their belonging in the car, Eunhye and Nana get ready to leave the house but suddenly a woman stand at the front door, looking at them curiously, Seunghyun stop his step when he notice her standing there looking at them.

She looks back and forth between Seunghyun and the other woman with a little girl by her side.