Act 19

1 + 1 = 3

 

           Summer nearing its end, the school sport day comes rather late than usual because they had to change the date because of some major event for the school. Aside from training for the sport day, the trio has decided to make a performance.  

Nana kiss her mother goodbye, she hold the bag carefully and walk straight to her class, she beam when she saw her friend.

          “Morning” she put down her stuff on the table.

          “Morning Nana” Rania take the last bite of her bun, courtesy of Lizzy mother.

Her hand move unconsciously to Rania cheeks and she pinch it.

          “Nana” Rania whine.

Nana hold her giggle, “Sorry, your cheeks so stuffy and chubby and before I know it my hand move on its own”

Rania shot her laser eye, Nana end up giggling, Rania so cute and she had fun teasing her sometimes.

          “Nana! Finally you arrive” Lizzy run into the classroom.

          “Morning Lizzy”

Nana takes out the dress from her bag. They are looking at the outfit and they smile.

          “Let’s go to my home after school okay” Lizzy suggested

The other two nod their head agreeing.

Half of the day schedule finally ended, they fill their tummy for they had to attend the training for the sport day later.

          “Sport day so tiresome” Rania take her water bottle pass it to Lizzy.

Lizzy take it and quickly drench her thirst, they’ve been practicing for two hours, and luckily the sun is hiding and the breeze cooling them down. She look around, “Where is Nana?”

          “I saw her in the track earlier but then I don’t see her around”

Both of the girl look around to see if Nana is near insight, Lizzy wave her hand to get Nana attention when she spot her looking around.

          “Hey, where did you go” Rania give some space under the shaded tree for Nana.

Nana grabs the water bottle, “Ssem wanted me to try out pole vaulting” she giggles a bit thinking how bad it turn out to be.

          “Did you hit your head with the pole” Lizzy ask and Nana nod her head, they can’t help but laugh.

          “But I did try my best”

The three girls laughing hard but they were stop once they were call to continue practicing.

          “Thank you so much for the bread last time auntie and my mother say it was really delicious” Nana bow to Lizzy mother, “I’m happy she enjoyed it” she smile back to Nana.

          “We’re going upstairs mom,” Lizzy inform her mother and headed to her room.

They change into their outfit for the performance, “You’re mother are really good with this, this is so cool” Lizzy twirl, and the skirt flow prettily.

          “It’s perfect” Rania adore her cute dress

Nana smile proudly, she is glad they like them too.

          “Now let’s do our best!”

They run to dance in the backyard, it’s getting dark and they stop when Lizzy mother call them for dinner, and they quickly eat and continue to practice for a bit.

          “I don’t think it’s good for us to continue when we’re so full” Rania sit on the bench, catching on her breath, they wanted perform perfectly and really want to give their best effort.

          “My sister is free tonight, let’s stop here tonight and ask her to put on some makeup for us” Rania suggested.

          “Come on” Lizzy pull Rania from the bench, “Mother, I’m going to Rania house” Lizzy inform her mother and the girls quickly headed to Rania home, they were neighbor.

While the kids are in Rania home, Eunhye make her way to Lizzy home as she had promise to take her there but she decided to come early.

          “Hello” Eunhye look around the shop.

Someone notice her, “Sorry, but the shop is close. Do you need some bun?”

          “Not really, but…” someone cut her word before she could finish it, “Aren’t you Nana mother” she get out from the kitchen to greed her.

          “I’m sorry to bother you late into the night, thank you for taking care of my Nana”

          “Don’t worry about it, finally we meet” she smiles lovingly.

Eunhye give her the paper bag she brought with her, “What is it?”

          “It’s nothing really, just apron that I sew, for always looking out for my kid and the delicious bread”

While waiting for the kids the mothers had their time on their own having motherly talk of course.

 


 

          Finally the awaited weekend arrive, TOP been going back and forth about his cover for the event despite being told if he couldn’t make it, it’s going to be okay. Nana been talking about her sport day eagerly, her smiling face linger and TOP can’t help but wanted to see her smile again.

          “Well, this is a part of being father. A father job is to sacrifice, I mean makes time for his family” he babble to the mirror as he keep on trying different style of cap, coat or glasses.

He glances to the source of giggle and catch Eunhye closing before she burst to another long laughter.

          “Eunhye, how dare you laugh at me” he sulk and stare back at his reflection, “I can’t hide this Eunhye”

          “You mean your awesomeness?” Eunhye walk into their shared bedroom while giggling happily.

He stares at her in the mirror, deathly stare shoot out. Eunhye put her hands up as a sign of surrender.

          “No matter how you try, you are still TOP, god! it’s oozing out from you” she stare back at him

          “I’m TOP” he smirks cunningly.

          “Snap out of it!” Eunhye pat his back, she stand in front of him. She touches his eyebrow, “Relax Seunghyun” she smiles and continues to feel his face down to his nose and she lightly trace his lips while staring at it.

Eunhye look back to his eye, he stare back at her, “be Seunghyun, the Seunghyun who is not TOP, the Seunghyun who has a kid, a father who trying best for his kid”

Somehow Seunghyun calm down, she use to see that look when Seunghyun was younger, when they were together.

          “Well, it’s not that hard right”

Seunghyun nod his head. He looks into the mirror, it’s not that hard to be in character but there is some kind of sadness lingers but he decides not to dwell over it.

A knee length short, flowery shirts with undershirt and straw fedora hat, he put on the clothe Eunhye pick for him, “Are you serious Eunhye”

          “This is so not TOP, no one are supposed to notice you”

Eunhye keep her eye on him, is it because this is the man she love that no matter what he wear, he still manage to look fashionable,

          “Not so bad, I do look like a father that trying hard to be stylist but fail miserably” he let out a chuckle and ruffle Eunhye hair as he made his way to the living room.

They finally make it to the school, Seunghyun look a little bit restless.

          “Eomma, I’m going to help with the preparation, I’ll find you both later” she kisses Eunhye and Seunghyun before she fled out from the car.

          “Are you really sure about this, you still can go you know”

Seunghyun look around, they were early and not many people arrive yet.

          “This is for Nana, so this going to be important for her right”

Eunhye already out from the car, but she still heard him talking as she takes out their thing from the car then she walk to the driver side.

          “This is not going to be last sport day anyway” Eunhye trying to console him, this kind of scandal might end his career and this is what he really wanted to be, his dream. She knows how important TOP is.

          “We never know Eunhye” he takes out the car key, “Well, I will never know if I didn’t try”

Both of them carry the load to where they were supposed to set their stuff at.

          “Eunhye!”” someone call for her, she notices the figure and she spread out a smile.

          “Morning Ssem”

She is surprise to see him making his way to the event. She makes a face at Eunhye,

          “I didn’t force him, but I already told you that he might came, isn’t it?”

Moon Ssem laugh, “Follow me, I’ve already save a spot for your family, I hope it will help”

All the family will gather by the garden near the hill of the sport field, Eunhye family sit near a tree, other people won’t really notice them there.

          “If you wanted to see them closely, you guys can go down and cheer for them, there is an event for the parent to, try to join in if possible, take care.”

Moon Ssem finally head somewhere leaving them behind, the other family is coming and soon the field is full of student and family gathering.

No one really take notice of Seunghyun there, once in a while Eunhye glance to Seunghyun, he is really enjoying his time, cheering for her daughter, talking to other father too. She will not regret any of her decision, well it worth it.

Nana brought a red color ribbon for them. She ties one on her father fedora and one on her mother ponytail. Nana is on the red team, they are loud cheering for their team member.

They finally take a break for lunch, the families gather at their picnic spot back, there is laughter everywhere, exchanging food with other family is a must, Nana can’t stop herself from smiling, she’s enjoying the sport day and spending the time outside with her family like this, it’s really a rare opportunity.

Seunghyun pinch Nana nose lightly, she giggle lovingly and Eunhye not missing any chance and quickly snap a picture of them. Seeing how those two joking to each other, Eunhye know that they have grown closer to each other.

          “Nana! Let’s go!” she heard her name being call,

Nana waves her hand to Rania and Lizzy. “I’ll catch up!” she finishes her fruit and drinks her juice quickly.

          “See you later, come to the tent in a bit okay,” she kisses her parent and run to catch up with her friend.

          “Is she always energetic like this?” Seunghyun ask her, she pause before she replay, “maybe just around the people she is close too, Nana is the quite type, like me” Eunhye wink.

Seunghyun give her the look, “You, Eunhye the quiet type?”

Eunhye giggle, Seunghyun notice something, the way they giggle is the same, Nana is really her mother daughter. It seems like his surrounding is muted, all he sees and hears is her laughter. Seunghyun memory is refreshing, like they are just having a picnic in their high school age.

          “Seunghyun-ah, let’s go, they are going to resume soon, I want to record Nana performance”

He snaps out from his memory lane, and nod. They headed to the tent.

          “This is it, we practice and did our best” Rania pat their back.

Nana and Lizzy smile showing their teeth, putting their nervousness aside.

“Let’s have fun okay!” Lizzy make her way to the stage followed by Nana and Rania, they get into their ready pose.

Nana looking for the familiar face, she notice her parents and she let out a shy smile, she going to try her best to show them.

The music start and the trio start their performance, showing off their dancing and singing skill.

Eunhye record they performance, Nana is really enjoying herself, and she is smiling a lot.

          “Your daughter is not so bad right?” Eunhye pull Seunghyun closer and she whisper to his ear.

          “It’s in her blood” Seunghyun smile proudly.

Eunhye wipe the warm tears that fall from her eye, luckily Seunghyun sight is glued to the stage, she’s glad that they are here in that moment, Nana having good friend, whatever happen she hope the girls stick to each other and be friend for a long time.

Seunghyun move closer to her side, putting his hand around her waist. Eunhye let him to do so, this feel like family.

Nana wave to them at the end of the performance and quickly down from the stage as another performance take over the stage.

          “Yay!” they hug and high-five, they did the best.

The sport day resume, near the end a parent student marathon is held.

          “Can we join to Appa?” Nana asks carefully.

Seunghyun didn’t hesitant and agreed quickly.

          “Is it really okay, we can’t blow your cover” Eunhye whisper.

Seunghyun let out a worried laugh, Nana look at him curiously and he pat her head lightly, “Come on, they are gathering at the start point”

All the fathers have to wear disguise as they run through the course, Seunghyun show his thumbs up at Eunhye, he will be spare and safe, and he just had to be careful.

Seunghyun jaw nearly drop when he saw the course that he need to go through, it’s an acupuncture mat and he also got to jump the hurdle to pass the course, he thought he only can see that on variety show.

He looks at Eunhye and Nana whose waiting ahead, he got to do this. Before he could sort out the race start and he quickly catch up with other father, he slap his cheeks to determine himself to just run and forget the pain. Eunhye close looking at him. She knows it must have hurt a lot.

          “Are you okay” she asks when he finally arrives to her.

He let out a smile, “Come on we going to win this”

Eunhye climb to his back and they start running again, Eunhye struggle to get the dry peach hanging from the pole, she can hear Nana cheering for them.

          “Eomma, you can do it!” Nana screams to her.

Seunghyun give a light jump and finally she manage to get the fruit, Seunghyun make a mental note that Eunhye is really light.

          “This going to be hard” Eunhye read the instruction, she smile worriedly back at forth to Seunghyun and Nana.

          “We can do this Eomma,”

They tie the ribbon around the ankle with Nana in the middle. He other family has started and some fail to cooperate.

          “We do it slowly and carefully and slowly take pace okay” Seunghyun said confidently even though he wonders if they can actually do it.

          “Fighting!” Nana cheers and they quickly make their footstep through victory.

          “Quickly! Quickly!,” Rania and Lizzy watching and cheering for them. Looking at the condition they quicken their pace and run fast to the finish line.

          “Yay!” Nana throw her fist to the air. “Eomma!”

Eunhye feel his body heat, its make her feel safe and confortable but she know that it’s her last time to feel him this close to her, tears fall from the thought.

          “Oppa, I’m really sorry, really sorry”

Seunghyun look down to Eunhye, he heard the mild sobbing and notice that Eunhye is tearing. He put her slowly to the car seat and fastens her seatbelt, Nana already asleep while waiting for them in the car. He wipes down the tear trail on her cheeks, Eunhye have continued to dreamland.

          “Are you okay on your own?” Moon Ssem come to check on Eunhye.

Seunghyun, “Yes, It’s okay, are you really sure we don’t have to bring her to the hospital?”

          “Yes, she just got a little fever and you know how stubborn Eunhye is, she hates the hospital”

Seunghyun smile at her comment, somehow he still remember things that happen when they were teenagers.

          “Well, take care then”

Seunghyun bow politely, “Thank you Moon Ssem”

 


 

           He drove out from the school proximity and headed straight to their home. After putting both of the girls to sleep, he take some time and rest on the sofa, it’s really been a tiresome but he feel content to spend time with Nana and maybe Eunhye too, maybe…

He wonders to who Eunhye saying sorry too and she even cry in her sleep. Since they meet again Eunhye never called him Oppa, strictly calling him by his name, but she know how to act when Nana around but never has her called him like that.

Fall coming soon, that also mean it almost half a year they been staying together. He grows closer to Nana, and he has not tried to check if they are even blood related. Making a fake family for Nana but it doesn’t seem like fake anymore, he do it willingly. It’s a secret but he genuinely feels it real, his feeling, their relationship is real, he won’t deny that fact.

Nothing really happen, living as a family as Eunhye have ask, just that and nothing else.

Seunghyun sigh heavily, it’s useless to think deeply. He knows who Eunhye is, and what family really meant for her. He knows her background. Doing this is really important for Nana but it is also for Eunhye. Because of his disappointment for her, he nearly forget the person he used to love and care, he wanted to protect her that time, he wanted to give her the world if he could.

Why did he forget that, he thought that he really had let go and make truce with it, but honestly he still got scar and it has clouded everything else.

 


 

Finally i will resume this story, gosh! this is so late. to late?

im so sorry, but please enjoy.

luv u guys so much!

T^T