Act 17

1 + 1 = 3

 

They were all busy for the examination week. Eunhye skipped lunch, she focus at her table as her hand dance on the notebook and that’s what she had to pay for not giving attention in class, now she had to cramped for final or her mark will flunk to the deepest core of the earth. Even though Eunhye hate studying but she still work hard not to fail for final or it would spell hell for her, well… literally.


She’s been dying to spend some time with Seunghyun, just saying hello to each other in the morning are not enough. It but she had herself to blame for and she doesn’t want to be the reason Seunghyun failing in his class too.


Eunhye yawn as her class finally ended for that day, she snug her hand into her jacket and slowly leave the school before the sun set down, and if it’s not the extra class for the exam preparation she won’t even think about staying in class for so long.


Seunghyun look around and his girlfriend hasn’t arrived yet, the school bell already rings.
    “Eunhye, what took you so long” he greets her happily but can’t stop to stare the band aid at the edge of .
    “Did someone bite you or did you kiss someone” he asks curiously.
Eunhye try to smile but it hurt inside. The cut is still new.
    “Who would I rather kiss than you my dear bear?”
Seunghyun smile cheekily, “Who knew, my little cat is playful” he grabs her chin lightly.
    “It’s okay, I end up studying so late and slept on the table and I fall on the floor and then I think I hit something and got these” she try to explain.
Seunghyun look at her, examining her face, “Don’t talk too much, be careful Eunhye-ah, you’re worrying me”
Eunhye smile, “Okay Oppa”
Seunghyun look at the girl beside him, he felt that she's keeping a secret. Eunhye smile at him, he pat her head lightly, he really care for her. 


In class, while the teacher are teaching infront, Seunghyun take notes for a while but soon he got distracted with his thought. he decide to do something. as soon the bell for lunch hour rings he leave the class and walk downstairs, at save distant he watch out for Eunhye but after awhile there is no sign that Eunhye will leave the class and to be sure of that Seunghyun walk crossing the classroom and there he spot Eunhye still at her seat, idling looking outside the window.


its been a week since Seunghyun stalk on her girlfriend Eunhye, either he is good or Eunhye is to careless to notice. she rarely go out at lunch, some people do bother her but she rarely get into fight, even at home she doesn't go out much, except when she head out with her parent.
still it worries Seunghyun because she does got new bruise, its alert him that something is wrong with Eunhye, he even wait until late at night before he head back home.


After the examination ended, finally their go out together, its been awhile.
Eunhye spoon the cake into his mouth, they are feeding each other. the smile hang for a long time that day. Seunghyun walk her home, he hug her closely to him.
    "Hey, I'll be away for awhile"
Eunhye stop, she wanted to spend the holiday with him and the school term has end. "Where are you going?"
    "We're going to visit some relative back at my parent hometown"
Eunhye nod, "Oh, so we wont meet for awhile"
    "Yeah, but I'll call you always" he pinched her nose lightly.
Eunhye show her white teeth, it cant be help and she will miss him like crazy. Seunghyun caught her off-guard, he pull her into his hug.
Eunhye let out a small smile, he love this person to much.
Eunhye hold him to.
    "I love you" he shyly say it. he doesn't say that word much, if she count it correctly, its his second.
Eunhye giggle, "Come again, i don't hear you Choi Seunghyun"
    "What? i don't say anything"
Eunhye cupped his face, "Say it for me"
    "Say what" playing ignorance at his best.
Seunghyun cupped her face, squeezing her cheek together but Eunhye pout angrily.
Seunghyun let out a small laugh, he falls for her over and over again. He kisses her lips.
When Seunghyun let go of her, she look at him straight in the eye as if she's been enchanted by the glitter in his eye. 
    "You're mine" he whisper to her ears.
Seunghyun rarely use word to show his feeling, but his action showed her how much he is in love with her.
Eunhye blink her eye once, she is assured... that man belong to her and she is his.


Its been a few days since Seunghyun went away, Jiyong and Youngbae is even busier to come and visit her. she sighed loudly but she quickly snap out as she heard her auntie yelling from her bedroom. 
She run to her, "Yes Auntie"
    "Change the bed sheet, clean up the room and prepare dinner. we're going to eat at home" without looking at Eunhye, she leave the bedroom and went downstairs.
While Eunhye are doing her chores, once again her Auntie call for her,"Eunhye!" she put everything down and quickly run downstairs, "Yes Auntie"
    "Hurry up when i called for you, i want hot coffee"
    "Yes Auntie"

 

There are no one else in the house except them three, they use to have maids when Eunhye are younger but she end up doing everything as she grow up. Its been hard at first, she cried and refuse to do it but after all the punishment she force herself to do it. Now its like a daily chores and she got use doing it, its been easier.

It's a different kind of love in the house, she must do everything they told or she'll get beating, they are the one who provide her with everything and she is grateful because they are no one who will take care of her.


He lied, Seunghyun are watching Eunhye for the past day. He hasn't notice anything out of the ordinary. but there is a hunched that Eunhye is hiding something from him.


Seunghyun take a deep breath, "I can do this" he look at the high wall. he try to climb over the wall. he use the dumpster to climb up but he is to heavy.
    "I should really cut down some weight" he breath heavily, luckily the snow bed catch his landing. Eunhye backyard are hidden from view so no one notice him there. Finally, by using some wooden palate he use all his might to climb over the wall, luckily he manage to climb up but he roll down and fall onto the ground.

He cover his mouth from screaming, he fall hard. "I could get really hurt" he try to stand and look around, Seunghyun move closer to the house. He carefully peak inside from the window, he spot an older man and woman sitting at the dining table. Seunghyun continue watching.


Eunhye walk out from the kitchen with soup in hand, she serve it on table. she stand at the end of the table as her uncle and auntie start to eat.
    "What are you serving us, the rice are  uncooked!" her uncle put down the bowl full of rice.
Eunhye is shock, "I'm sorry, sorry" she bow down repeatedly.
He continue to take a sip of the soup but he spit it out quickly.
    "What do you think you're doing?" her auntie yell out and stand up, she throw the soup at her body.
The soup is hot and Eunhye budge back, her head hang low and she doesn't dare to answer back.
    "This is what you get for taking good care of her Oppa" she sit back on her chair.
Eunhye Uncle throw the dished down the table, the plate and glasses broke and scatter on the floor. He slap her cheeks and Eunhye fall on the floor. Eunhye touch her cheek and she can taste the blood in .
    "Useless brat"
Eunhye stand up, she look at both of them but they snorted and snicker.
    "What are you looking at, clean up" she orders her.


Eunhye walk thru the broken glasses and plate, her blooded footprint leave the floor dirty. Eunhye cant take it and she run out front he dining and what she know next she already at the door, what she had to do now is run away from everything.

Seunghyun run to catch her, he is still anger by the scene that he witness and he cant even digest it properly but he know that he had to follow Eunhye.

 

    "Where is she going? Your good for nothing niece has lost her mind" She smile as she sip some wine down.
    "She's our benefactor, we had her in our hand. Don't worry my love because we'll get everything soon. Once she turn eighteen she'll signed the agreement that make us the sole inheritor for Yoon Fashion and Textile. All your hard work would pay my love" 
She smile wickedly, "I wanted to wipe out the smug look on her, she remind me of her mother"
His lips bend upward, "Come on, let have dinner outside" he stand and leave, his wife follow afterwards.


Seunghyun follow Eunhye without her noticing. His breath getting heavier and its cold tonight but the sweat already dripping. He don't want to call out for her because he is afraid that she'd run away farther from him.


Eunhye doesn't even know where she going as long as it far away from the house, her vision is blurred with the tears flowing down her cheeks but the cut in her feet doesn't bother her, its numbed by the coldness

.
Eunhye drop on her feet on the sidewalk of the bridge, she burst into tears. she beat her heart to stop it from aching, sometime Eunhye just cant take it because sometime its too much for her to handle, its too much.


Seunghyun walks closely towards her, he suddenly freeze hearing her cry her heart out. His heart broke looking at her like that. Seunghyun crouch down and hug her and she is shock by the hand that wrap her body so suddenly.


    "Let me go!" Eunhye scream as she struggle to let loose.
    "Its me, Seunghyun" 


Eunhye stop moving when she heard his voice. "Let go of me!" she scream and she broke free from him.
Eunhye wipe her tears, "What are you doing here" she sounded a little bit hoarse from the crying.
    "Finding you" 
Eunhye back away, she doesn't want him to look at her in this condition. "I'm here, but aren't you suppose to be elsewhere?" she remember that Seunghyun wont be around.
    "Come here" he spoke louder with an angry tone
Eunhye stand up ignoring his word.
    "Where are you going, you're not even wearing any shoe" Seunghyun is mad to see her in that situation, he is still confuse and angry by the scene he witness earlier. 


    "Go away,I don't want to talk to you" she walk quickly, her feet weaken by his appearance, this is the part of Eunhye that she doesn't want anyone to know. Not even Seunghyun, especially not him.
    "Dont go" Seunghyun catch up on her, he embrace her once again, this time he wont let go of her.
The tears built up again, "I don't want you to see me like this" she get caught up between her words.
    "Its okay, Eunhye"
She shake her head, "Its not"
Seunghyun turn her body to face him, he look into her eye. "I love you no matter what Eunhye, that fact wont change"


Eunhye look away from Seunghyun, she cant hold it anymore and the tears fall again. Seunghyun pull her closer to him, he wrap his hand around her body, calming her trembling body. It feel like Eunhye letting go of a ton weigh of burden as she cried in his embrace, it doesn't matter if he don't know why but for her to have him at this moment meant a lot to her, she is thankful. She feel loved.


Seunghyun treat the cut in her foot. Eunhye sit idly looking at him.
    "I..." he stop, Eunhye look at him and wait for him to continue.
Seunghyun mind jumble up on what he should say first, "I..." he stop again.
    "I saw what happen" 
Eunhye look down to her feet, Seunghyun hold her hand.
    "It's not what you think" she try to explain.
He squeeze her hand, "You need help Eunhye-ah, they are abusing you"
She shake her head, "N- no... they are n-not..." she stammer at her word.
    "Please don't tell anyone" she look at him with tears in her eye, "Please" she begs.
Seunghyun is shocked to see her reaction, he is afraid to even think for how long had this happen that Eunhye denied the fact.


    "My family are a little bit different, that's all Oppa"
He shake, not believing the word spouting out from his girlfriend mouth.
    "Please Oppa, don't..." she start tearing again. "They were just a little different, different" she mumble between her sobbing.
Heartbroken to see her like that, Seunghyun sighed and he took Eunhye  in his arm, "Okay, I wont" even if he thought its not the right thing to do, but what he can say if Eunhye covering for them.


    "I'll be there for you" he whisper to her.That's the least thing he could do for her. Seunghyun pat her head lightly.
    "I'm sorry" she say after she calm down a bit, Seunghyun nod as he wipe of the trace of tears on her cheeks, Its brake his heart to see her like that and all he want is for her to smile again.
    "Wanna go to my place?" he suggested.
Eunhye giggle, "With this look" she raise an eyebrow
Seunghyun smirk, and Eunhye shake her head, "Its okay, I want to go home"


Even thought he feel that its better for Eunhye to stay away from her house, but he lose to her stuborness and Seunghyun carry her on his back, he can feel her light breath on her neck but it doesn't bother him.

They when back in silent.
    "Oppa, thank you"
Seunghyun replay with a nod.  Eunhye rest her head on his shoulder. They walk quite a distance before they reach Eunhye home.
    "Okay Oppa, stop here"
    "I should sent you till the front door"
Eunhye shake, asking him not to.
    "But..." Seunghyun gave up when Eunhye pinch his cheeks. reluctantly he let her down and gave her his shoe.
    "But Oppa, you'll be hurt"
Seunghyun smile, "Its okay, I know someone near, I'll borrow something from him"
He watch over till she disappear behind the gate. 


Eunhye clean up the mess they leave in the dining room, she move carefully, every footstep is painful.
She give Seunghyun a call after reading his text, he must have been waiting because he answer at the first rings.
    "What are you doing" without greeting he quickly ask what take her so long to give him a call.
Eunhye cant help but chuckle, he sounded so worried.
    "I'm going to bed" she answer honestly.
    "O-okay, me too" he reply awkwardly, she knew he wanted to ask something else.
    "They are not home, I've clean everything and now I'm going to bed Oppa" she smile, even though he doesn't see her smile, but there are a hint in the way she talk and somehow he feel relived.
    "Goodnight" they wish each other and Eunhye went straight to bed, but Seunghyun take a while before he can take a rest.

 


AUTHOR RAMBLE

Happy 2015, work harder and make yourself proud, no matter what... you're the best!

be healthy and take care chingu-ah,

thank you for reading and giving this piece a shot. ^^