Act 8

1 + 1 = 3

Seunghyun storm into the counsel room at lunch hour, “Moon Ssem” he call when he get inside, she is still enjoying her lunch.

                “What a lovely day to have you in, can I help you with anything” she put down her spoon and let him take a sit.

                “I’m feeling annoyed” he started to talk to her. “I’m annoyed that my mom laughs at me”

                “Well, why did she laugh at you actually?” Moon Ssem is interest in his story.

Seunghyun run his face a few times when he recalls the memory, “I… I told her… aish” he gets mad when the words stuck in his mouth.

                “I’ve told her someone kisses me, it’s not like I never kiss anyone before…”

                “That’s not the real reason you’re annoyed don’t you?” Moon Ssem ask when Seunghyun stay in silent for a while.

                “That girl… she’s the one annoying me! I don’t even know her… is she crazy or something… seriously I really don’t like that type of girl” it’s pissed him off.

                “So the girl is the problem here, I guess she’s a bit too much for doing that to you”

He look at the teacher, “Too much, she is worse than that, whatever prank she’s playing on me. She better prepare for hell”

Moon Ssem look at him, “Cool down Seunghyun, she might not meant anything by this…”

                “She doesn’t have any manner.  She’s just too much Ssem”

                “Now, now… come down…”

                “I don’t even understand why I’m getting so pissed”

Moon Ssem try to calm him downs, and the ring bells.

                “Thanks Ssem, sorry that I come in for something like this”

                “It is okay Seunghyun-ah” she pats his back.

Seunghyun bow and walk out from the counsel room.

                “Aren’t you going too Eunhye-shi” she let the door open for another person who should be going to class too.

Eunhye open the curtain and smile to her, she quickly got out from the bed.

                “Wait up” Moon Ssem call for her as she made her way out.

She stood still, “He is talking about you right, Eunhye?”

Eunhye can’t hide excitement and she let out a giggle.

                “Seriously Eunhye, I hope that you’re not scheming anything”

She laughs it out and smiles widely to the teacher that looking at her with curiosity in her eye. “Goodbye Ssem, thanks for the lunch and bed”.

Eunhye smile to her as she remember his face, she doesn’t even understand why she acted so daring around him.

                Even though she thought is not right to meet with him today, but Eunhye think she better do it all the way, even if it will actually irritated him more. As usual she waits at the stairs, checking the time for a few times. She wonders if he won’t use the stairs for today.

                “Hello, hello… we have a catch today” an older boys and approach Eunhye.

They gather around her, Eunhye is push to the wall,

                “Ah Hyung, I know her… I’ve always seen her with two boys”

                “Really, did you ditch them because you get bored with little boys, come… let’s play with Oppa” he grabs Eunhye wrist.

                “Don’t touch me!” she pulls her hand away. If he was alone, she can defence herself, but with a bunch of guys like this, she won’t stand a chance slipping away.

                “She is spicy, I like it even more”

Eunhye keep glaring to the guys, keeping alert for a chance to run away. They come closer, leaving little space between them.

                “You know it will be useless to scream right” she heard one of the boy speak.

One of the boys notice someone coming down the stairs, he quickly greet him “Hello Hyung, are you going home” he nod without giving any attention to them. Eunhye catch a glance of him walking away, looking at the situation she knows that the guys respect him.

                “Yah! Fatty… are you really going away like this!” she screams to get his attention. One of the boys closes quickly.

Seunghyun stop, he knows that voice. He turns to find her, but the others are covering his view. An evil thought came across to leave the girl alone with the wolf pack. It will get his revenge paid. The boys are smiling silly to him. “Are you forgetting anything Hyung, I can help you get it for you” one of the boy ask him, Seunghyun shake his head and continue walking.

                 Eunhye can’t believe that he is really leaving her, she bites the hand that covering and she screams again, “Yah! I’m going to tell Jiyong about this!” she get a slap on her cheek and they struggle to keep Eunhye still and quite.

Upon hearing Jiyong name mention, he practically screams mentally and quickly makes his way to the group of boys. Some of the boys flinch looking at him coming their way, they let Eunhye go and stand nervously facing Seunghyun.

                “Well, I’m so sorry guys… but I think I’ve some unfinished business with the girl”

                “Okay Hyung, we are sorry… we don’t intent to do anything, we are paid by some girl to play a bit with her”

Seunghyun nod his head, “Can you give us some privacy please”

                “Okay Hyung” and hurriedly make their way from them. Seunghyun stand calmly looking around to make sure that everything is safe. Eunhye seem to be amazed by him more, somehow the other listen to his words, she know now that he is not someone to be messing around with.

When he is completely sure that no one is going after her, he make his way down the stairs. Eunhye urgently follows him without saying anything.

                Eunhye quietly follow his footstep, she walk slowly not to overtake him. She stop when he stop and she continue to walk when he walk again. Seunghyun get into the minimarket, Eunhye stand around at the front door waiting for him. He gets out with a bun and yogurt drink in hand, Seunghyun look at her, but Eunhye pretending to read something at the paper stand. He continues to walk again and swiftly Eunhye followed.

Eunhye gaps with awe to see the road they walking too are covered by big tree. She doesn’t even know this existed before. Because she is so caught up wondering, she doesn’t notice that Seunghyun has stop suddenly. Eunhye bump into him, luckily she doesn’t fall down.

She stood silently waiting for Seunghyun to react. He turns facing her and he take something out from his sweater pocket.

Seunghyun take out a transparent plaster, carefully he put in on Eunhye cheek because she has a little cut on her cheek. He wonders why she doesn’t feel anything. He wanted to caress the redden cheek, it must hurt, it leave a mark on her white skin, but Seunghyun quickly come to his sense.    “What is your name miss” he asks when he finishes putting on the band-aid.

Eunhye blink. “Name, you have a name right?” he ask again.

                “Yoon Eunhye” she answers without looking away from him.

                “Choi Seunghyun” he tell her his name. Eunhye nods, she repeats his name a million time in her head.

                “Could you stop following me?” Seunghyun ask nicely. Eunhye shake her head.

Seunghyun let out a sigh feeling like he will lose his temper by any minute.

                “Could you stop following me for today?” he giving away so easily for this girl. Eunhye nod her head and smile agreeing to his word. She has to get back by the way.

                “So, goodbye Yoon Eunhye-shi” he turns and continues to walk away.

                “Yah! Wait!” she runs to him.

Seunghyun really think this girl is going to irritated him in any way possible, “Now what”

                “Can you show me the main road, I never been here before” she look around, this place is so unfamiliar.

                “Follow me” he quickly turn and walk the other way, Eunhye run to catch him, she grab his bag and walk while looking at the tree. She really likes the scenery.

                “It is really beautiful here” she talks to herself.

Seunghyun love this road home too, sometime he will take this way even though it’s the farthest way to home.

He turns to check on Eunhye, she smile while busy looking around. And something change in Seunghyun heart that moment.

 

                Nana laughter filled the garden and it wakes Seunghyun from his memory lane. He stood by the tree looking at Eunhye laughing as she plays with Nana. Looking at Eunhye in this kind of situation make he thinks of the past. If things had never happen, they might really make a good happy family, he’ll give the world to them. If it’s never happen.

                “Appa, let’s go” Nana brave herself to grab his hand. He is taken back but quickly tighten his hold and he smile to her.

                “Let’s go”

Nana walk in the middle between Seunghyun and Eunhye, she grab their hand tightly. For Nana, this is her first and she really loves it.

Eunhye look at them by her side, she want to make happy memories for Nana. She’s sure this will be one of those memories, and she secretly wish this will be a memory that Seunghyun will cherish forever too. She’s determined to make more memory with them by her side.

Seunghyun look at them by his side, a smile form out of nowhere. He might get use by having both of the girls by his side.