Act 3

1 + 1 = 3

 

I make myself feel comfortable and I rest my head at the sofa thinking for this to happen smoothly, I have to give in a little, playing along with his rule.

I look at my little girl, she is walking around in the house while looking and staring curiously and Nana seems to enjoy herself looking at every picture of the new person that she will call a father.

I smile to myself to as my eye fall into the picture on the wall.

 

Spring has start again, it’s also mean that the new semester will follow soon, with struggle Yoon Eunhye manage to get into middle school, she is in her second year. Without fail she has been the most outgoing girl, but she is a bit rude sometime and a fighter too.

Before the new semester Eunhye has been practicing her killer gaze to match up her killer move, she intent to intimidate her opponent with her death glare first.

Eunhye are meeting some senior girl from the third year, she has heard about the Queen-ka from her classmate. From their appearance, they are pretty, but they are not to different from Eunhye, they are mean but pretend to be sweet in front of the boys they like. 

                “Won’t you join our group Eunhye-ah” the girl with long hair starts their conversation.

                “Sorry, I’m not interested to be a ” she snickers at them.

                “Yah! Don’t you have manners? We are talking nicely to you”

                “Drop the mask please, because you don’t have to pretend in front of me” Eunhye lean to the building, she looks back at the girl in their eye.

                “You!” one of the girls wanted to slap her face. Eunhye stop her hand, she glare deeply at her, “You don’t want this to be ugly Unnie”

Yoon Eunhye glare to the other two girls, “Come on, let’s go” they started to walk away, Eunhye let go of the girl hand, “You are so ignorant, you’d pay for this” she chuckle and follow the other girls.

                “As if” Eunhye walk side by side with her friend, Kwon Jiyong and they were laughing happily along the way to their favorite spot.

The stair near the big tree is one of their place to hang around, Eunhye sit on the stone wall while Jiyong rest on the stair. He throws a lollipop to Eunhye and she catches it.

                “Yah, can’t you sit properly, showing your around, crazy girl,” Jiyong look away shyly.

Eunhye are sitting with leg wide open, “It’s not like there are people around beside I’m wearing short Jiyong”

Eunhye chuckle, “Yah Jiyongie”

Jiyong tilt his head and look at Eunhye, “It’s not like you’re interested in me right?”

He snickers and look away, “As if Eunhye”

Both of them laugh.

                “Hey Jiyong, still staying at school?” someone stop near them.

                “Ah! Hyung… yes, I’ll be going soon”

                “Okay, see you later” the boy walks down the stair.

Eunhye is mesmerized by his voice, she sit quietly there, staring at the boy till she doesn’t see him anyway.

                “Yah! I’m talking you!” Jiyong scream wake her up.

                “So-sorry” she laugh stupidly, hoping that Jiyong doesn’t notice her staring his friend.

Jiyong stand up, he clean up the dirt on his bottom, “Come on, let’s go… I’ve stuff to do this evening”

Eunhye stand and jump to the stair, Jiyong shake his head a few times.

Naturally Jiyong hand rest on Eunhye shoulder while he whines about Youngbae who skip school and leaving both of them bored all day long.

That evening Eunhye come to their neighborhood, spend her time looking at boys practice their dance.

                “Impressive!” Eunhye clap her hand.

Youngbae fold his hand to his chest, “What do you expect from us, the best of course” he snickers.

The trio laughs out loud.

                “Don’t be bored Eunhye, we won’t come to school for a while” Jiyong reminded her.

Youngbae throw the water bottle to Jiyong, “Yes Eunhye, don’t cry alone”

                “As if Youngbae, as if” Eunhye elbow Youngbae stomach.

Youngbae hold his abdomen, “Ouch Eunhye, cant you be gentler with your friend”

                “Are you hurt? I don’t mean to hurt you”

Youngbae burst out giggling “As if Eunhye!” he push Eunhye head away.

                “Yah!”

They end up playing catch me if you can with each other.

Before it too late, they sent Eunhye safely home.

                “I’ll bring you somewhere when I got back okay”

                “Okay!”

                “Goodbye” they hug each other before they parted.

Before Eunhye close her eyes that night, a face linger in her memory. She smiles to herself.

 

                “Eomma” Nana holds her mother hand lightly, calling her softly not to surprise her.

Eunhye open her eye slightly, looking at her worried daughter, “Nana. Did Eomma fall asleep?”

She nods her head, slowly Eunhye sit on the sofa, “Sorry” Eunhye ruffle her daughter hair.

                “Are you tired Eomma?” Nana asks as she sits next to her.

Eunhye shake her head, “I’m getting use to resting my body these day, I tend to fall asleep easily, ah, your Appa house is really clean, I don’t have anything to do” Eunhye smile to Nana, they look around. It’s clean and organizes.

The house is spacious compare to their home, the mother and daughter smile to each other.

                “Come on, let cook something for lunch, your Appa might come home earlier today” Eunhye stand up on her feet, she drag her daughter to the kitchen.

They finish their pasta in no time, Eunhye save for Seunghyun too. They continue to explore the two storey house that afternoon.

Its almost 7 in the evening when Seunghyun arrive home that night, he cancel his plan for the night, there is something much important waiting in his house, he been anxious all day long.

He feels awkward to see the two human in his home, still this is his house, and he can do anything he like. He sits on his favorite sofa and he closes his eye. Still hoping this is all a dream.

Silent, that’s the usual in his home.

                “Seunghyun” Eunhye call him.

Seunghyun eyebrow twitch in irritation, it’s not a dream, that woman… that bad woman is in his home. He would not forget her voice because it’s never change since then…

He looks at her, all the memory he keep seal in his heart appears. Seunghyun remember how he has hated that woman who is standing looking at him with not guilty feeling. The 10 years memory that he keep deep down in his memory, he never has thought that woman will appear again in his life.

                “Take a bath, after that we can have dinner together” Eunhye smile. Seunghyun nod lazily.

Eunhye walk away, she stretches her arm out for Nana and she runs grabbing Eunhye hand. They walk in hand to their room