Act 15

1 + 1 = 3

 

Eunhye stood there in silence, Nana hold her hand tightly. The woman looks at her and Nana. Eunhye knows who she is, the woman from the picture, to put it simply… she is TOP girlfriend.

                “What the meaning of this Choi Seunghyun?” she asks while her eye doesn’t waver from Eunhye.

Seunghyun feel restless, he just barely gets a green light from the company and now… “Eunhye, wait in the car” he orders.

As she wanted to leave, the woman hold onto Eunhye wrist, “Wait, and explain to me now” she looks to Seunghyun.

Seunghyun move towards them, he take her hand from Eunhye, “Now go”

Eunhye look at the woman standing beside Seunghyun, and she let out a small smile, a winning smile.

                “Yah!” annoyed by Eunhye action, she yell out.

                “Come with me” Seunghyun take her away as Eunhye walk out from the house.

The mother and daughter wait in the car, “Eomma, where’s Appa?” Nana asks worriedly.

                “He’ll be down soon” Eunhye Nana head lightly.

The couple sit silently in the living room.

                “Please explain yourself” she finally opens up as Seunghyun doesn’t seem to speak.

Seunghyun look at her several time then he look back elsewhere, “I…” he stop, “well…”

                “This is some kind of a joke right? I’ve been waiting to meet up with you… this is a surprise right? Where’s the camera?” she look around wondering.

Seunghyun sigh and he hold her hand, he fondle it lovingly, “Bom-ah, will you believe me?”

                “Throws”

                “Well… I really can’t”

Park Bom snickers, “Seriously” she let go of her hand from his.

They look at each other for a moment, “I have to go, they are waiting”

Bom look at him, pleading with her round eye.

                “I’m so sorry, I have to do this” he kisses her cheeks lightly and he walks out from the living room. Bom just watch his back as he walk away, her tears slowly falls when the door close.

In the car as they ride to their destination, Nana and Seunghyun chatters along the way while Eunhye look silently at them, the last thing she wanted to feel is guilt. Now, what matter is Nana and only Nana, Sacrifice has to be made, even if one of them would be hurt.

The ride takes a while and Eunhye doze off to replenish her energy.

                “Eomma, wake up” Nana tries to wake her mother.

With the help of his manager he got all their belonging inside.

                “Your mother is not waking up?” Seunghyun came to check on them. Nana nods her head.

Seunghyun her hair, “Don’t worry, Appa will woke her up with a kiss” Nana giggle lively.

Seunghyun kiss her lightly on her cheek, Eunhye opens her eye and look towards Seunghyun but Nana laughing beside them that distracts her.

                “You finally waking up Snow White?” he says

                “Eomma wake up after Appa kiss” Nana giggles, Seunghyun take her hand and they leave the car.

                “Come inside, we are living here for now” Seunghyun let them in and he show them around.

                “I love it here, can I play outside?”

Seunghyun agreed but Eunhye wanted her to unpack her things first.

                “You’re really strict”

Eunhye look at the man sitting on the chair in the new bedroom they going to share for a while, Seunghyun insisted both of them should be in the same bedroom or Nana would find it strange.

                “I have too, you cannot spoil her all the time” she continues to put her stuff into the cabinet.

Seunghyun nod in agreement, “It must be hard for you”

Eunhye stop unpacking, “What? Unpacking?”

Seunghyun shake his head, “No, what I mean is raising Nana alone”

                “Oww…” she reply but continue to do her chores. She opts not to answer his question.

Have it been hard raising Nana, she would say yes it had, but it paid off as she grow older by the year. The happiness is triple from what she had been through and Eunhye are grateful for the family that had helped her a lot through it, even though they are not her family but they treated her like one.

Being ignore Seunghyun leave the room to check on his daughter.

                “Nana-ah, do you need my help” as he knock on her bedroom door.

                “Not really Appa” she open the door.

Seunghyun her hair, “It will be faster if I help and then we can look around outside”

                “Okay” Nana giggle as she pull Seunghyun in to help her out.

Eunhye stand by the window, looking out at Seunghyun and Nana jumping on the trampoline at the backyard, she smile looking at them having fun time together.

Seunghyun called her down and with a smile she appears and joins them.

After a long time playing, Nana fall asleep exhausted, Seunghyun and Eunhye take the time to walk around their house.

                “Decorate the house as you please, it’s yours and Nana”

Eunhye stop her step, “You don’t really have too”

                “It is also for me too, a place where we can be a family”

Eunhye look back, the house with a large yard, far for other houses, it is a place where TOP can be Choi Seunghyun, a dad for Nana.

Eunhye catch up to Seunghyun, “You can go and fix things up with your girlfriend, I’ll manage here”

Seunghyun stop, he stands blocking Eunhye for walking, “Let’s not get into our personal life, and I am Choi Seunghyun here, so please don’t”

Eunhye hug him, it nearly caught him off-guard, “I understand” even if it just for a while, he is hers.

                “You haven’t change a bit”

Eunhye smile and nod, they walk back side by side.

It’s like the time has rewind like when they were still young and in love,

Should they continue where they left back then? Maybe it possible, just maybe…

Seunghyun have some time to spend with Nana as Eunhye has to leave them both for a day or two. The weekends started but Eunhye hasn’t been back.

He waits for a while before Eunhye answer her phone.

                “Hello” her voice cracks and she cough a little.

                “Are you okay?” Worried by her voice Seunghyun ask her condition.

Eunhye clear , “Sorry, I’m taking a short nap before continuing my job” Eunhye clear again when her voice disappear at the end.

                “Don’t overwork, so you won’t be back today?”

                “Yes, I’m sorry and can you look out for Nana?” Eunhye had difficult time to speak.

                “You sound sick, don’t talk and quickly sleep, I’ll be taking Nana out today, so don’t worry about anything”

                “Kay” she struggle to answer.

                “See you later, sleep and rest before you do your work.”

                “Mmmm” she answers and they end the call.

Seunghyun look at his phone, thinking if he should give Eunhye another call because he is worried about her condition but on second thought he doesn’t even know where she is. He settle with a message reminding her to take care and quickly visit the hospital if her condition worsen and he also told her that Nana miss her and… him too.

                “Nana-ah, are you ready?” he called for her daughter as he walks out from his bedroom down to the first floor.

                “Yes Appa!” Nana runs down the stairs, a big smile form.

                “Come on lets go on a drive with me”

Seunghyun decided to go to the beach, it is summer so the beach is the best place to go and cool down, he let his moustache grow a bit and with sunglasses, hat, slipper, tee and short, Seunghyun has high hope that he won’t be notice by anyone.

They park at a rest stop, Nana needed to use the toilet, after having some noodle, Nana ask for an ice-cream, they headed to one of the stall that selling it. Nana looks around for what she likes.

                “You look like someone” the auntie at the stall looks at him curiously.

Seunghyun stop looking around                “Really? Like whom?” he asks.

                “Someone handsome man, what is his name” she asks her friend and finally, “Ah… TOP? TOP-shi?”

Seunghyun laugh and trying hard to cover himself, “Ah~ him, Omo! Of course not” he waive his hand.

                “But you really look like him”

Seunghyun shake his head, “Yeah, I got that always” he giggle, acting silly to divert their idea.

                “Appa” Nana comes to the rescue, she holds onto his finger.

Seunghyun look at her and his smile widen, “Of course I’m not him, I’m pretty much older, and this is my daughter” Seunghyun repeatedly say sorry in his head, he had to lie to them.

                “Appa, ice-cream” she reminded him once again.

                “Okay-okay” he smile to the old ladies and quickly pick some ice cream with Nana.

The auntie gives Nana free ice-cream.

                “Thank you very much” she bows politely.

                “Thank you, hope your business is well, take care” Seunghyun bow politely and the father daughter finally head back to their car.

Seunghyun check his appearance in the mirror, well it’s not easy hiding away that good looking person, and anyone would notice anyway, luckily there is Nana to help out.

He Nana hair lightly, “Thank you”

Nana looks at him and smile.

Nana look to the sky ahead, “Appa, is it going to rain”

                “Well, I hope not”

                “Nana will blow the rain cloud away!” she blow furiously and Seunghyun can’t help but laugh at her cute act.     

                “It’s still there, let’s blow it together!” Seunghyun start to blow too and both of them laugh at each other.

                “Hmm” Nana sighed

The car is park and they sigh while it rain outside.

                “Appa, what to do”

With a sorry look he face Nana, “I don’t think we can play at the beach today”

                “Can we wait for a while Appa”

                “Yes” he smiles to her.

They end up playing with food while battling to make the funniest face and they take a picture and sent it to Eunhye, they waited for her to reply but maybe she’s too busy to check her phone. Both of them end up sleeping in the car.

Seunghyun wake up, the rain hasn’t stop but its drizzle lightly and he decides to wake Nana up.

                “Nana-ah, do you want to take a picture by the beach but it’s still raining”

Nana nod, at least they can take a picture to remember their first outing to the beach.

With the rain still falling and crazy wave they quickly snap a few selfie.  Both of them show their teeth in the last picture and as the rain start to downpour heavily they quickly run back to the car.

                “Maybe next time we can come back to the beach”

Nana agreed, “Yes, and with Eomma too”

They sing along the way back home, Seunghyun has been smiling all day, he is happy seeing Nana smile and laugh, missing watching Nana grow up in the past 10 years, for now on he wanted to spend each second with her.