Act 21

1 + 1 = 3

                           

                            Seunghyun finally graduate high school. Eunhye becoming a final year student and with his result he decided to continue with vocational education, at least he will learn and would be able to continue working after that. Busy with being a college student and part time worker, Seunghyun hadn’t been able to meet with Eunhye. Their scheduled doesn’t match anymore.

He is worried but he wanted to do this all because of Eunhye.

          “Oppa! I miss you so much” Eunhye almost screaming into the phone as soon as she answered his call.

           “Eunhye, you’re too loud”

He heard her laughing happily.

           “I miss you” he responded

           “I miss you more” she said it almost like a whisper but he heard her clearly.

Promising that they will spend some time together when her summer vacation start and they ended their short phone call. That’s the only thing they could have done since month ago.

 

These past month taking extra class is something that Eunhye look forward too, she remember how she diligently study when she was a kid, but she couldn’t remember why did she stop caring about it anymore.

The rumor about her in normal school and have bad grade have been spreading within the family, and since Eunhye would be turning 18 soon meaning she would be handed the biggest share in the company, and the shareholders already fussing over it and suggesting another reliable heir for the company.

            “Make it happen Eunhye, or there would be no vacation for this summer” her uncle eyed her when they were eating dinner, Eunhye nod her head but suddenly there is water splash to her.

            “Answer him!” her auntie yells to her.

            “Yes uncle, I will try” she look down to her plate, there water in her dinner and it drip down from her hair too.

Her Auntie snicker, “Look honey, we’re just being so nice having dinner with her, she don’t even have the manners to be polite to you”

He drops down his spoon and stands to leave the table, “Let’s have dinner outside” he walks out from the dining room.

            “Is it so hard for you to be nice and polite, aren’t you to spoil Eunhye-ah” she pull on her hair and pull her away from the chair, Eunhye hold into her hand, “I’m sorry Auntie, please I’m sorry”

            “Be grateful and clean up all the mess you make” she push her body away and walk towards the door.

Eunhye look around the room, it’s been awhile since she cry about it, the tears fall to her cheeks, “Be grateful Eunhye-ah, don’t forget to pay for their kindness” she talk to herself as she wipe her tears.

 

She stood quietly on the bridge remembering what happen last night “Don’t be so sad about it Mr.Moon” she smile to the moon as she gaze over the river and the sky.

If prove is what they wanted, she will give it to them, just because her parent already passed away doesn’t mean that she will let they look down on her, she curse to the wind while holding her middle finger up. Eunhye giggles and continue to walk to her tuition center. She waited nervously that day, before the day end the result will be posted on the board, everything when smoothly except when she suddenly got called to the principal room.

             “Ssem did something happen” she lowered her voice while asking to Moon Ssem whose walking beside her while her classroom teacher walk ahead of them.

             “Nothing really, you don’t have to worry since you didn’t do anything wrong” she smile to her, “Adult can be a little bit prejudice sometime” Moon Ssem pat her back lightly. Eunhye nod her head.

Eunhye end up taking back the exam since the teacher wanted her to re-do her examination, she look at them, the look of disbelieve showed in their eye, only Moon Ssem appearance doesn’t change, Eunhye agreed. Did she do too good for this, she look at the question again and sigh. She wanted to throw up looking at the question again. Eunhye just wanted to end it quickly.

She been a bit dizzy, but she wanted to prove to them something, she hang her head low,

              “Are you okay Eunhye?”

              “Eunhye” she heard her voice,

              “Just a bit more Ssem, I’ll finish this”

Eunhye pinch the bridge of her nose, mentally cheering on herself to end this quickly.

              “Ssem, I’m done” she stands and smiles to Moon Ssem. She stager and nearly fall to the floor but Moon Ssem catch her.

              “This is a little bit too much but I hope these all prove something, please excuse us”

The sun already set as they quietly leave the school ground.

              “Ssem, I’m not feeling well” she lean closer to her and suddenly her feet gave up.

              “Eunhye!”

She catches the sound of machine, slowly she open her eye but the sudden coming light make her squint her eyes.

              “Eunhye-ah” she turns towards the sound, “Ssem” she responded.

Eunhye smile at the sight of Moon Ssem there. “What happen?”

Moon Ssem explain everything, after assuring her that she will be fine for the night, Moon finally leave the hospital.

 

 

She was given sick leave, but Moon Ssem have been asking, if she could make it to school today and suggested that she come and pick Eunhye at the hospital, but Eunhye politely decline her offer. It was sunny that day, the breeze is warm. She look around, people come and go into the hospital, her head hang low, she walk through the park while looking at her foot as she move forwards.

Its lunch hour when she finally arrive at school, the student were all looking at her, gazing and chatting, it’s not like she’s not use to that. Overwhelming, that what she feel at that time.

Just a week more before summer vacation, Eunhye keep reminding herself.

            “Moon Ssem”, she knock and help herself in the infirmary.

Moon Ssem hug her tightly, “Ahh… Ssem, I can’t breathe” she whine trying to let go from Moon embrace.

            “Have you seen your rank for the mid-year test?”

Eunhye shake her head, since the result was supposed to be on the day that she was drag to take another test that end up with her admitted to the hospital.

They walk to the information board while Eunhye listen to her talking why Eunhye ended up taking another test that day.

 

Yoon Eunhye, Class 3-4, Rank - 1

 

             “Ah… I try to hard” she smile at Moon Ssem

Moon Ssem giggle, “Yes you did, and since your result was never this good since first year of high school, the teachers have their doubt”

             “I will doubt myself too” now she understands why she ends up getting gaze and looks earlier.

             “You did great” Moon Ssem pat her shoulder and push her lightly, “Let’s have lunch with me before you head home”

Eunhye nod and they headed back to the infirmary and Moon Ssem has prepared a feast for her.

             “Thank Ssem” they enjoy their lunch.

She catches Eunhye staring into space, “Eunhye-ah” she call for her.

             “I was thinking why your foods always delicious” she stuff food into .

 

 

Eunhye head somewhere after leaving school, since there’s no way she will head home at that hour, she take a walk in the park again, she pick somewhere quiet and sit there for hours. The skies turn orange red when the sun starts to set, slowly its turn dark, giving way for the moon to shine the sky. The street light flicker and light the park.

Her phone rings, waking her from her thought. “Oppa” she hesitate to answer his call. The ring ended, but soon after its ring back, Eunhye finally pick it up.

          “Oppa” she greet him

Seunghyun let out a sigh, “Hey, where are you babe?”

           “Heading home, Sorry, I’m a bit tired today”

           “You’ve been off radar, are you okay?”

She hasn’t talk to him in days, “Yes, I’m just okay, the mid-term exam is a bit hard for me, and then the extra classes” she doesn’t really know why she keep on whining to him.

            “Don’t hang up, wait a minute babe” Seunghyun put her on hold.

Eunhye feeling guilty, Seunghyun is just being how he normally, worrying about her.

            “Babe"

            “Oppa” she replied

 

There were pause from both sides, Eunhye continue to walk towards her home as she heard him breathing on the other side. Eunhye miss him, and the tears started dripping on her cheeks,

             “Eunhye-ah, be strong. I’ll see you soon, I miss you so much babe”

              “I miss you too” and he notices the change in her tone.

              “Don’t cry, Eunhye-ah… babe. Please don’t cry, I can’t be there for you now, please”

She wipes her face with her hand, “I’m sorry Oppa, I’m sorry”

              “Eunhye-ah, I love you”

Eunhye giggle, “Me too, very much!”, Seunghyun also laugh, “I got to go, but see you soon babe”

               “Neh Oppa!”

Eunhye smile looking at the phone screen, “see you soon Oppa”

 

With heavy heart she enters the house, knowing that they were inside she comes in quietly.

                “You’re finally home”

She tremble, but she quickly answer him, “I’m sorry, I just finish my extra class”

                 “Come here” he asked and Eunhye quickly make her way to the living room. She stands near him.

                 “Seat here” he pulls her hand forcing her to sit beside him

He was still holding to her hand, Eunhye doesn’t really feel comfortable by the sudden gesture, but pulling her hand that moment doesn’t seem right too.

                  “Your teacher call the other day that you had to stay over for some review on your study and she told me that you get 1st rank for the mid-term exam”

Eunhye did ask Moon Ssem to cover for her

                 “Yes, I try my best” she was trembling when his hand started her thigh. She tries to move from her seat, put got pull back and she almost fall on top of him, suddenly she feel a tug on her hair and she ended on the floor, luckily she didn’t collide with the coffee table.

                 “Just like her foxy mother, you’re lucky that the gathering is happening soon” she glare to her, “go to your room now!” she shrieks on top of her lungs.

Eunhye look at him sitting there, as if nothing happen and continue to read the magazine in his hand.

                  “Omo! What are you looking at, go to your room now!”

She takes her belonging and quickly run to her room.

                   “Look at that, how dare she did that, is this the way she’s paying our kindness” she turn to her husband, “You’re enjoying this?, let’s go out, I’ll only be stress in this home”

Eunhye lock her room, she pull the table and align it to the door. She trembles in her bed waiting for morning to come.

 

 

 

 


phew... its taken so long, but i really wanted to end this, it doesnt feel right to leave it hanging, hoping that i make it to another chapter, hwaiting! thanks for reading, seriusly, even if its only a person, i will be very happy and glad. 

#the.type.of.writer.who.write.for.herself

#dont.mind.my.grammar.and.spelling.mistake