Act 16

1 + 1 = 3

 

The spring has past and now the summer vacation has come, it been fast pace for Eunhye, she struggle to keep up with being a high schooler. Studying is in the list of thing that she hates. Jiyong and Yongbae are not around anymore but she still has someone dear to her that she keeps looking forward to come to school for or she would rather skip classes or better, just skip school.

Eunhye wonder at Seunghyun class, one by one his classmate leave the class,    “Yah! For how long are you gonna wait outside” Seunghyun yell at her.

Eunhye beam out a smile and she walk inside.

                “Wait, I need to check what for summer homework”

Eunhye look around, it’s her first time in his class, she keep her gaze back at Seunghyun, the big figure focusing on writing, Eunhye smile and  if there is no one there she would definitely give him a big hug.

                “Hey, I’m gonna borrow this one, I’ll give it back later?” he past backs another book to one of his classmate, the girl say farewell to both of them and leaves them alone in the classroom.

                “Why are you looking at me like that?”

                “Is she you’re ex-girlfriend?”

Seunghyun snicker, “So?”

Eunhye glare at him, “Seriously?”

Seunghyun ignore her and clean up his desk.

                “Yah! Stupid Seunghyun!” they fight each other, Eunhye grab the book that he borrowed from his classmate.

                “Yah! Stop it Eunhye!”

In the mist of seizing the book luckily it doesn’t get torn away as Seunghyun end up catching and holding Eunhye writs and stop her.

“If we’re not in class, I’ll definitely kiss you,” Eunhye wink once.

Seunghyun laugh out a little, he look at her slightly pouty lips, “You…” he move closer and kiss her lips lightly.

Eunhye blink her eye a few times, a quick kiss, but… it is a kiss… “Yah!” she close in shock.

                “Come, let’s go and stop pretending like you’re not asking for it”

Eunhye can’t help but laugh at him, “I’m becoming a lot like you” he say

                “Couple do resemble each other”

Seunghyun stop and wait for Eunhye to catch up to him, “But you’re not changing at all”

They finally leave the school grounds, “Well…” Eunhye giggle as she grab onto Seunghyun arm.

Without saying much they walk side by side, teasing each other… is not been to long since they were officially together, they are still learning each other.

                “What the plan for summer?”

Eunhye pouts a bit, “The guys don’t have time, and they are busy for a summer concert”

Seunghyun nod, he remembers getting text from Jiyong about that.

                “Wanna go and meet them?”

                “Can we?”

Seunghyun nod, “We’ll make it somehow”

Eunhye nod happily, “Okay”

They spend the last weekend of summer holiday together with the four of them, on their journey back, Eunhye rested her head on Seunghyun arm and fall asleep. Seunghyun hold her closer so that she won’t fall down. He gave a thought about what Jiyong said earlier when they meet.

                “Please take care of Eunhye”

Seunghyun turn to see Jiyong, it came out of nowhere.

                “Well, I’m her best friend… well… I think I am…” he tries to explain himself.

                “Yeah, I got that”

Jiyong look uneasy, either he should or shouldn’t, “Eunhye really doesn’t open up easily and if she does, please be there for her no matter what” he settle his word to this.

Seunghyun nod, Jiyong may know more about Eunhye than him, he decides to take him seriously.

Jiyong are looking at Eunhye as she and Yongbae walk towards them, “I really care about her” he let out a small smile, Seunghyun catch that and it struck him that maybe Jiyong really care for her more than friend.

Seunghyun look at the girl sleeping soundlessly by his side, there is more to her that is a mystery. He wanted to know everything, her ambition, her fear and the little thing that make her Yoon Eunhye.

Eunhye sleep the night at Seunghyun place, first thing in the morning she help out in the kitchen and it’s not her first time there, Seunghyun mother is fond of her too.     

                The family enjoy the breakfast together, “Eunhye is such a good cook, she can pass as a wife” Seunghyun mother wink once to her son.

                “Come on mom, I love your cooking more”

                “Oh, I don’t intent to take care of you forever. Grow up quickly and have someone else to take a good care of you”

Seunghyun father smile widely, “Yeah, it’s about time father and mother enjoy our honeymoon back”

The family giggle, Eunhye is all smiling. She falls in love with Seunghyun family.

                “Come again next time Eunhye” she hugs her warmly.

Eunhye nod in her embrace, “Yes, I will… please don’t be bored of me”

                “Of course not, you are welcome anytime” she smiles.

Eunhye bid the family goodbye, Seunghyun walk her back home. “You’re not tired? It’s a long way”

                “It’s okay,” Seunghyun nod.

Eunhye smile happily, well she wanted to spend a little bit more time with him. She links her finger to him. The walk hand in hand as they chat away.

Summer has past, autumn come quickly and before she knows, it already winter, “Highschool !” Eunhye scream at the top of her lungs.

Seunghyun giggle, it’s not easy for him too and he decides to scream too.

                “Hey!” someone yell at them, they look to find the voice source, Eunhye giggle when she notice Moon Ssem glaring at them.

                “Shouldn’t you two head home already, it’s getting late and calm down, both of you going to miss school when you’re older”

After waving goodbye, they leave the school backyard; the spot under the cherry blossom tree beside the stairs is their favourite dating spot. A place that is very special for both of them.

Seunghyun hug Eunhye, he doesn’t want her to feel cold and Eunhye snuggle closer comfortably. They smile and laugh at each other.

Inside the café they seated by the window, they enjoy a chat with the pastry a hot chocolate and Americano.

                “Ah… it’s snowing” Eunhye notice the snow fall.

Seunghyun look outside, “Yeah, our first snow together” he says with a shy smile.

Eunhye scan his face and Seunghyun keeps looking elsewhere avoiding her eye.

She broke out a smile, “Yeah”

They look at each other and smile, without muttering a word she know what he trying to say and he understand her too.

I love you; a simple word with a deep meaning.

Seunghyun hum a tune to keep his focus on the book, its lunchtime and his classmate are loud. He tap his finger and slowly his head sway with the rhythm, he is mentally rapping in his mind but finally he stop and look away from his book. He gazes around and wonders where Eunhye is, he hasn’t seen her for a while.

They are preparing for the final examination, it’s rather a busy week and so they haven’t catch up to each other, he misses her.

Something ticked him off, he bang on his table, everyone in class stop in silence and look at him, he glare to them before he sit back on his chair.

                “Sorry Seunghyun” one of the girls apologizes as they might have chat to loud. Some of them leave the class and some continue on their books.

Seunghyun let out a sigh as he calm down and continue studying.

The bell ring and the last class of the day has ended, some of his classmates are still in the class but he rather skips the extra class after school as he had enough for the day. As he headed toward the gate heading to the school backyard he catch Eunhye making a dash towards the same way, he quicken his pace to catch up to her. He wanted to catch Eunhye by surprise so he doesn’t call her name.

Seunghyun grab Eunhye arm and pull her but she shriek in pain, “Yah!” She pulls Seunghyun hand away.

                “I’m sorry, does it hurt that much?” he look at Eunhye carefully, there is definitely something wrong with her face, Seunghyun grab her chin lightly and force her to look at him.

                “What happen to you?” he examine the bruise and cut on her face, it’s getting better but you can still spot it.

Eunhye laugh, “You know the usual”

Seunghyun question with his eye, he raise an eyebrow.

                “They keep picking on me, so yeah…I fight back and result with this but it’s nothing much” Eunhye show her big grind.

Seunghyun grab her arm once again and Eunhye jolt with pain, “Seunghyun-ah, let me go” she plead.

Seunghyun face soften down, “Is it bad?”

Eunhye smile to assured him, “It’s hurt a little bit, but I’m going to be fine”

                “You should really stop fighting, run away or scream for help would you… I’m worried if something bad happen to you”

Eunhye nod and she rub her hand together, it’s cold and she forgets to bring her glove.

Noticing Eunhye is freezing, Seunghyun put one of his gloves on Eunhye hand, he smile and take Eunhye other hand into his pocket, he held it tight to keep it warm.

Eunhye is please and she smile to him, “I miss you”

Seunghyun blink his eye in slow motion, Eunhye let out a small giggle. Yeah, she knows that he misses her too.

Late that night as he walk back to his house, he keep on thinking about Eunhye, he started to feel that Eunhye is keeping a lot and she is really a mystery to him.

He decided to do something and he has to take the first step.

 


 

AUTHOR RAMBLE

 

Annyeong chingu-ah, sorry for the late update... been a little bit busy these day... can everyone answer my poll... keke... pretty please ^^