Act 27

1 + 1 = 3

 

 

Eunhye open her eye, she adjusted her eye to the bright light. She can feel the wire around her and the beeping sound by her side. Eunhye take a deep breath but she feels the pain in her heart. She look to her side, Nana was sleeping while holding her hand. Eunhye squeeze her hand and Nana wakes up from that, “Eomma” Nana was crying again. Seunghyun and Moon Shiyoung rush to her side.

Shiyoung quickly call for the doctors to attend Eunhye quickly as she finally regains consciousness after 3 days in coma state.

The others were asked to wait outside while the team checks up on Eunhye.

          “We thought we’re going to lost you” the doctor tends to her after checking all her vital is okay.

          “Wouldn’t it be easier that way, nice way to went away right”, Eunhye jokes around with the doctor whose been handling her cases for the past 10 years.

          “Well, you still have it in you” she let out a smile.

          “Thanks Doc.Yoo”

 

They let the others inside, Nana hug her while crying, Eunhye pat her back softly, “I’m sorry Eomma, I make you sick, I won’t run away again”

          “No, it’s not your fault dear” she kisses her head.

Moon Shiyoung take Nana home for awhile before coming back to the hospital, like a burden had been lifted Nana finally sleep peacefully.  They finally change Eunhye to another private room. Seunghyun been silent but he is still by her side.

 

Kyesang come in to check on her, “The doctor notify me earlier that you finally wakes”, Eunhye smile, “Just a bit more I think, thanks for everything Kyesang”, their relationship has gotten better compare to years ago but they rather jokes and tease each other.

Kyesang hesitate, but he reach out to pat her bed hair, “I’ll take care of everything”, Eunhye nods her head and let out a faint smile.

“Someone want to meet you” he ask her permission, Eunhye look at Seunghyun once then back to Kyesang and she nods. Kyesang open the door for her, Bom head inside looking at Seunghyun then back at Eunhye who’s sitting on the bed.

“Can you leave us alone to talk” she asks of them.

“Bom-ah…” Seunghyun lost his word, she ignore him completely.

 

The two men left them alone.

 

Bom stare her down, but the tears that well up fall down on her cheeks. Eunhye open up her arms, she hugs her tightly “Eonni, why are you the one crying”

          “Why can’t I cry” she sobs trying to hold herself.

          “Thanks Bom eonni, seem like I’ll give him back quickly”

          “Hey, don’t make me the bad one here, you stole him from me” she whine.

Eunhye giggle, “Yes I did, let me be the bad one” she hold onto her hand. Bom hold her hand back, but the tears fall again.

          “I’m glad that I had the chance to meet you Bom eonni”

They reminiscence how that they end up meeting each other,

 

Eunhye supposed to be release today, but her conditions worsen last night, the doctor decides to extent her stay just to be on the safe side. Kyesang headed back to Eunhye room after meeting with the doctor, he is listed as Eunhye guardian.

He notices a lady standing at Eunhye door, peeking inside, “Sorry miss, are you looking for someone?” he greeted her.

          “No..no. I probably in the wrong level” she look flustered but quickly leave.

Kyesang head inside, the nurse are equipping the tubing back after they clean up Eunhye earlier. “Hey, do you know some nice lady, she look famous, she been standing for awhile at your door”

          “What?” without thinking much, Eunhye pull away the tubing and run outside. “Miss!” the nurse in shock by her action, “Eunhye!” Kyesang run following her.

          “Miss, please stop” she yell for her, forgetting where she at, but that doesn’t matter, that women with long hair and voluptuous body ignore her and rush outside the building.

          “Bom-shi please stop!” she continue to follow her outside.

          “Bom-shi! A dying patient need to talk to you, where is your conscience!” Eunhye yell again, hoping she would wait for her.

Finally she stops and turns facing her, “What?”

Eunhye broke into cold sweat, she was holding onto her knee and smiling brightly to her, but she almost fall onto the lawn, shock by the scene Bom run towards her, but luckily Kyesang is near and catch her from kissing the earth.

          “Hi!, can we talk” she still cheerily greet her.

          “What’s wrong with you, seriously?”

They were sitting on the bench, Bom give her the look, it’s surreal, and there she is shining so brightly with the IV drip by her side. Bom were confused and dumbfounded.

          “I’m Yoon Eunhye, Seunghyun ex-girlfriend?” she tilts her head, thinking if that is the right introduction.

          “The that ing break him to pieces”, Bom stress the word .

Eunhye take a deep breath, “that’s the better intro, I see... yes that ”

Bom can’t really fathom the situation and the word Eunhye spitting, she wanted to curse but she let out a deep sigh, “Cut the bull, explain… and you look pretty fine to me, dying? Is this another of your plan?”

          “No, I’m really dying, you see this” she point to the thing flowing into her, “they put some kind of drug to make me feel better, but it’s kind of making me high, but I’m totally in my right mind now, probably one of my better days” she smile, “but if you don’t believe me, that man there can give you some proof, if you can’t believe him, there the doctor but it’s all confidential though”

          “You know you’re really…” Eunhye stop her for saying anything when she put her hand on hers. “Just this once, let us be with Seunghyun”, her cheery tone change solemn, “I can’t let Nana be alone not knowing him after I’m gone. Just give us some time and when I’m gone give Nana times too, she will be out of your hair when she became adult”

          “You know you’re not really making any sense”

          “I know but I’ll do anything for Nana while I still have the times. You can blame me, hate me, curse me too and I will receive them all. Seunghyun care about you, that’s why please forgive him too, he doesn’t want to hurt you”

          “He already hurt me when you decide to come into his life”, she eyed her and pull her hand away

Eunhye hand hangs in the air, “I’m sorry, really… I mean it but please consider my request”

 

Eunhye wave her hand toward Kyesang, they headed with the wheelchair to her.

          “I’m sorry Kyesang, my legs give out”, she smile pleadingly

Kyesang take her up and put her to the wheelchair, “It’s okay kid”

          “Bye” she smile and nods politely to her.

 

Both of them watch her as she bicker with the nurse and she laughs cheerily as she was push inside the building.

 

‘Seunghyun already decide, why are you asking my permission’ she sighs with heavy heart.

 

Kyesang look at the person still sitting on the bench. “Hey you want to grab lunch, my treat?”

Bom look to the man standing there, “What?”

          “I’m treating a lady for a lunch… I’m all ears if you want to talk”

          “Are you guys related or something?”

          “Cousins”

          “its runs in the family huh?”

          “What?”

          “You guys don’t make sense”

Kyesang laugh heartily,

          “Shouldn’t you be with her?”

          “She hated my guts, and she probably will be sleeping after this…she’s not dying today, worry not”

          “Insensitive jerk”

Kyesang shake his head, sometime Eunhye attitude rubs on him, “That’s totally got out the wrong way, I mean she’s fine,”

Bom shake his head, “I probably need some alcohol”

          “Let’s go” he held out his hand, Bom grab his hand.

 

 

Eunhye laughing from hearing the story of how Bom and Kyesang became friends, “I never heard this, he been bragging that he had lunch date with a stunning lady, so it’s you”

Bom chuckle, “He probably meets dozens of other ladies”

They were silent for a moment.

Bom look at her, thinking of what she could have said to ease her.

          “I’ll better let you rest up, you look beat” she squeezes her hand.

Eunhye smile, “It’s okay though, I’ll be having a very long rest after this”, she wink cheekily.

          “I seriously can’t with these cousins” Bom shake her head in disbelieve.

          “It comes with the gene eonni”, they broke into giggle and laughter.

          “You know what I mean Eunhye”,

Bom excuse herself.

          “Bom eonni, thank you” she called for her as Bom headed out. She nods and she leave her be.

 

 

Seunghyun and Kyesang still wait outside the room.

          “Bom-ah, can we talk?” he asks.

She hesitates but agreed.

They sit by the bench, there are spaces between them. Bom pull her hand away when Seunghyun tries to hold her.

          “I’m really sorry”

There are silent again between them.

          “This is really not the time to talk Seunghyun” there is no emotion in her word.

          “I’m really sorry Bom-ah”

          “Don’t be, please... I really can’t right now”, Bom look down on her hand, the tears well up again, but she tries to be unfazed.

          “You better go, she needed you”

There the silence again. It pricks her heart.

          “Thanks Bom”, he move closer to her, pull her for a hug and kiss her head lightly.

Bom hearts drops as she watches him running toward the building. The feeling come flooding out from her, the stream on tears rains on her parade.

 

He calmly sits beside her, passing her a handkerchief.