Act 10

1 + 1 = 3

            The flower are falling down from the tree, Eunhye eyes trails it movement. Its flows with the wind slowly but gracefully before it land on the ground, such a waste, but it’s a repeating cycle. The spring is at its ends giving way to summer.         

            “Hey girl” Jiyong drag a chair and sit beside her, he rest his arm on Eunhye shoulder. Youngbae sit on her desk.

            “What are you doing here? Aren’t you hungry?” Youngbae offered her some bread.

She shakes her head, signing that she doesn’t want the bread. While the boys talk, she throws her gaze outside.

            “Hey” Jiyong snap his finger near her face.

            “What? Why Jiyong?” she turn her attention to him.

Jiyong shake his head, “Are you paying any attention to us?”

            “Ye-yeah” she shutters.

            “What’s wrong with you, do you have any problem?” Jiyong ask with concern and Youngbae doesn’t move his stare from her.

            “Nothing, Really” she try to convince them.

            “You’ve been spacing out so much since last week. It’s weird us out”

She smile to them, “Really nothing is wrong”

Youngbae lean down and whisper something to her, “You have someone you like right? He smiles widely. She controls her reaction and glare at Youngbae but that just make him laugh loudly.

            “What did you tell her? Come on, tell me too!” Jiyong shake Youngbae for answer.

Youngbae move his shoulder up and down, making a clueless face, Annoyed Jiyong turn to Eunhye.

            “I’m not talking to you” Eunhye face the window ignoring both of the guy. It makes Youngbae burst with laughter seeing Eunhye reaction.

            “Seriously guys, why I am getting ignored here” Jiyong sigh and he sit back to his chair.

Eunhye turn to face them, she take a bun on the table and she quietly eat it, Youngbae are smiling to her and Jiyong too. Eunhye smile back but continue to munch down the bread

            “Come out tonight with us” Jiyong ask her.

            “Tonight?” she thinks for awhile, “Okay”

Youngbae jump down from the table, Jiyong stand and he brush Eunhye head lightly, “Later girl, don’t skip the class”

            “As if I’m going to miss the art class” she tell them, “You guys better stay in class too” she reminded them.

            “We’re learning English, not going to miss that one too” Youngbae chuckle as they walk out from Eunhye class. Eunhye smile hearing their answer.

The boys are back, so it’s impossible for her to wait around for Seunghyun, and she embarrasses to see him right now. Her rush kiss is nothing but his small gesture of caring really knock her out. Eunhye touch her cheeks, she remember how close he is when he help to care for the small cut on her cheek. Eunhye blush wildly.

            “Where are we going?”

Jiyong look at her, “Ouh! So you’re still here, I thought that we have lost you”

            “Youngbae, what’s wrong with him?”

            “I think he is a bit annoyed that you ignore him”

            “Ahh… so emotional” Eunhye glare to Jiyong.

Jiyong look back at her uninterested.

             They walk down the stair and when they open the door, the loud music invited them in, Jiyong and Youngbae sway their body following the rhythm but they make sure that Eunhye are by their side, man in the club can be such a wild wolf. Due to the crowd inside the club, it’s quite hot inside, Eunhye open her red coat. She wouldn’t wear the short jean if she knows that they are going to the club. While they take seat near the counter another rap performance has ended.

The DJ announce that a battle between the performance going to start off, people cheered when the DJ announce their name as they take the centre stage. Eunhye doesn’t seem interested at first.

            “Apple juice for the pretty lady” the bartender put her drink on the table, Eunhye smile and sip her drink. The boys are giving attention to the battle.

            “Wow, is it the new kid, hard words. He got some balls there” Jiyong chuckle as he talk to Youngbae.

            “Yeah, Hyung will teach him some manner later”

They high-five each other, Eunhye silently move her head to the beat. The battle is pretty intense she thinks.

            “T.E.M.P.O…” the opponent starts to rap his reply.

Eunhye nearly choke on her drink, the voice seems familiar, but it’s not as calm as she uses to hear. There is strength in his voice, steady and stern. The battle last for a few minute before Tempo beats his opponents. The crowd scream with support.

The DJ ended the rap battle for that night as another battle is about to start.

            “We going to battle soon” Youngbae told Eunhye.

            “Okay, good luck guys! Do your best” she seems exited to see her friend dance.

            “No worries, we won’t leave you alone here, it’s not that safe” Jiyong says as he looks around for someone”

            “I can take care of myself”

Jiyong turn to see Eunhye, “I won’t leave you alone here, no. No”

            “Hyung!” Youngbae wave his hand toward someone.

The boy with huge built move toward them, Eunhye froze in her seat looking at him.

Jiyong introduce them to each other, Eunhye nod lightly. She acts calm seeing him. They ended seating next to each other as Jiyong and Youngbae take their place near the stage. Eunhye give her full focus to her friend, trying hard to ignore Seunghyun sitting next to her. He doesn’t say anything.

While enjoying the music blasting from the speaker he look around, checking out the battle once in a while, he glance to the girl beside him. She passionately supports her friend battling on the stage. Unknowingly a silly smile appears, but before anyone notice he hide those smile with a straight face.

Someone put something in Eunhye drinks but Seunghyun notice and he gives a death glare to the man, he silently takes away the drink. Eunhye is a bit careless at times.

Seunghyun tie his shirt around her waist to cover her showing thighs then they move near to the stage to give their friend support. For some reason Seunghyun doesn’t like anyone to check the girl out.

Eunhye try to compose herself even though her heart is beating like crazy. Even though she act like Seunghyun is not there but she kept herself by his side.

            Since then Eunhye will try to make time to join when the boys go to the club, and the four of them would sometime meet aside from the meeting at the club.

Eunhye can’t make it that day because she’s been beaten pretty badly. She is caught when she tries to go out the other night. After Eunhye texted Jiyong she runs into the bathroom to clean herself. Eunhye look at the bruise at her body, the side of are bloody. “Cant he at least hit me where it can’t be seen”

            “Why did I keep up with this” she look at her reflect at the mirror, new bruise and old scar, but that doesn’t bother her. The things that really bother her is the feeling bottle up inside, her broken heart. She stands under the shower and let the water rain on her, hoping that it will heal her somehow.

The three boys are sitting at the school balcony, the music is blaring from the phone.

            “Eunhye is not here?” Seunghyun ask when he doesn’t see her around.

Jiyong look away from his note and look at Seunghyun, “Yeah, she don’t come to school today”

            “Oh”

Then they remain silent for awhile.

            “Is she okay?” out of the blue Seunghyun ask.

Jiyong and Youngbae exchange looks, “Well, I guess she is okay” Jiyong answer.

            “Emm.. Yeah… okay” then Seunghyun continue to finish his note.

Youngbae look at Jiyong with confusion, Jiyong reply with a shrug.

            “Eunhye is a girl with attitude, she say and do whatever she like” Jiyong suddenly say to Seunghyun. Seunghyun doesn’t seem to give any respond

            “But sometime she can be reserve” Youngbae added.

            “Rude, no manner, charming and cute at times” he suddenly mumbles.

            “What did you say Hyung?” Jiyong stare him.

Notice that he might have said his thought out loud. “I didn’t say anything” he tries to cover up.

            “Right Hyung” Jiyong and Youngbae look at each other with a cheeky smile linger.

Being a rebel at times doesn’t mean that they don’t try to excel in their academic. Eunhye finish her homework and quickly leave her classroom, Jiyong and Youngbae has leave earlier for practice with the company.

She stop at the vending machine for some cold drinks, the summer are killing her. She hopes the summer vacation come faster. Eunhye walk with light step towards the back gate, and there she saw the figure she knows. She skips with excitement.

She run to get to him, “Hello” she greet him happily.

Seunghyun just look at her and continue walking down the stair.

            “Yah! Wait for me, where are you going? walking so fast?” Eunhye skip two steps at a time, and then she missed a step and flings to his back, luckily his big enough and doesn’t fall from the impact.

            “Sorry, but it’s all your fault, don’t ignore me”

He doesn’t understand why he became so easily irritated by this girl. Eunhye smile brightly at him.

            “Hey”

Eunhye stop talking and focus at him.

            “Don’t follow me today”

            “But why…” Eunhye protest, Seunghyun cut her words “Please Eunhye, just don’t”

            “Well, you can’t stop me anyway” Eunhye take her step forward.

Seunghyun grab her hand, “Please Eunhye, or this will be the last time you would see me again” he say with a serious tone, threatening.

            “Okay” she answer, but Eunhye look devastated. He let go of her hand. Eunhye look down at her shoe as Seunghyun make his way through the gate.

After a while, Seunghyun stop and look back, wondering if Eunhye will still follow him like she use too, but she is not. But the looks of Eunhye sadden face pinned in his heart and it’s struck him with guilt inside.

Seunghyun been taken back of the way Eunhye act with him or when they were with their friend, he question her action. Assuming that Eunhye just playing with his heart. She will be chic, ignoring him when Jiyong and Youngbae are around but then she will greet him with that cute face of hers when they are not around.

Seunghyun got dizzy thinking about it, he quicken his step to the house, he better cold down. Under the running shower, he wonder if his trouble because he falls for her. “There is no way or is it”

            Seunghyun doesn’t notice when he wake but his already laying on his side, looking at the sleeping beauty next to him. He smile to himself, lately he has been reminiscing the memory so much, he never thought that he even remember them, The memory that have hurt him at some point.

He checks the time and it’s nearing 3 in the morning. He move closer to her, without hesitant he plant a kiss on her forehead. He lay next to her and rest his arm at her waist. Her scent lingers and in no times he fall to sleep again.