At First Sight

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

Leeteuk was pacing back and forth in his living room, thinking about how he was going to find another soccer player before classes began. The doorbell rang and he went to go answer it.

 

"Leeteuk! I'm here to help you find a new player." said Donghae with a big smile and a cheerful tone, making Leeteuk smile a little.

 

They heard glass shattering and looked next door with startled expressions, they saw Sungmin with a sad pout while looking down at a broken glass. They also saw the back of an unknown guy as he held out his own glass of lemonade towards Sungmin.

 

"You dumb rabbit." they heard the guy say with a laugh.

 

"It wasn't my fault! That car shouldn't have honked at me!" exclaimed Sungmin as he took the glass of lemonade.

 

Donghae looked back at Leeteuk and saw that the older was staring at the unknown guy with an interested look, which made Donghae worry a bit. So, he decided to divert his attention back to what was actually important at the moment.

 

"Let's go to the park." said Donghae as he pulled Leeteuk out of his house and closed the door.

 

"Wait! I have to lock the door." said Leeteuk while stealing glances at the guy, who was now walking away with Sungmin.

 

I didn't even get to see his face thought Leeteuk with a disappointed pout as he locked the front door.

 

He and Donghae then walked to the park, which wasn't that far, and started talking about who could be the new potential soccer player.

 

--------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, in Siwon's kitchen...

 

"Siwon, why don't you get Kyuhyun to join the soccer team?" asked Mrs. Choi as she was making lunch.

 

Siwon had told her that they were now looking for a new team mate and she immediately thought of her nephew.

 

"You know, that's a really good idea." said Siwon, a grin appearing on his face.

 

"Can we go to the park?" he asked as he started to get up.

 

"After lunch, you boys need your nutrition." replied Mrs. Choi with a smile.

 

"Okay." said Siwon with a pout and sat back down.

 

When lunch was done, Mrs. Choi called Kyuhyun downstairs and invited Sungmin to join them. They all gathered at the table at sat down while she served the food. They had a nice conversation as they ate and when they were done, Siwon shot out of his seat and grabbed a soccer ball from his room. He came back downstairs and saw Kyuhyun slouching lazily on the couch while Sungmin was for some reason lying on the floor.

 

"Come on, you two, let's go to the park." said Siwon with a grin.

 

"No." replied Kyuhyun with a lazy blink.

 

"Why?" asked Sungmin as he raised his head.

 

"To play soccer." replied Siwon and showed them the ball.

 

Sungmin shrugged and got up from the floor, but Kyuhyun remained slouching on the couch.

 

"If you buy me ice cream, I'll think about going." said Kyuhyun with a smirk.

 

"We can either go to the park and play or we can stay here and I'll read the bible to you." said Siwon with a raised eyebrow.

 

"So who wants to go to the park?" asked Kyuhyun as he got up from the couch and went towards the front door.

 

"Works every time." said Siwon with a grin.

 

They went to the park and started playing, Siwon versus Kyuhyun while Sungmin kept score. As they played, Sungmin spotted Leeteuk and Donghae lying on their stomachs on the grass a few feet away from them. He caught their attention and waved at them cheerfully, Donghae waved back just as cheerfully while Leeteuk simply smiled at him. Leeteuk then looked past Sungmin and saw the same back he had seen earlier and quickly got up from the grass.

 

It's him! he thought with wide eyes as he saw the guy's back once again as he kicked the soccer ball at Siwon.

 

Leeteuk was so distracted by the guy, waiting for him to turn around so he could see his face, that he didn't notice the soccer ball flying at him.

 

"Leeteuk! Look out!" called Siwon as he ran towards the older.

 

Leeteuk snapped out of it just in time and caught the ball, he looked up again and finally saw the guy's face. Donghae had also gotten up from the grass and then Siwon reached them with an apologetic look.

 

"Sorry, Leeteuk, I didn't know you two were over here." he said.

 

"Siwon! You said we could get ice cream now!" complained Sungmin in background.

 

"You and Kyuhyun go on ahead, I'll catch up with you." Siwon called back, not noticing how Leeteuk was staring at his cousin.

 

So that's his name... thought Leeteuk as he saw Kyuhyun putting Sungmin in a playful headlock as they walked away.