For you, I'll join

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

During dinner, they were sitting at the table and Siwon brought up the whole joining a sports team thing, making Kyuhyun kick him from under the table.

 

"Really? Kyuhyun, you should join the soccer team." said Mr. Choi with an encouraging smile.

 

"I don't think so, uncle, sports aren't really my thing." said Kyuhyun while waving his hand.

 

"But you're so good at playing soccer." said Mrs. Choi.

 

"No, really, I can't." said Kyuhyun as he took a sip of water.

 

"That's too bad, your father would have loved to see you on the soccer team." said Mrs. Choi with a disappointed look.

 

Kyuhyun's father had passed away from a rare disease when Kyuhyun was about ten years old, then his mother recently passed away which is why he moved in with his aunt and uncle.

 

"That's right, he himself was a great soccer player." said Mr. Choi with a reminiscent look on his face.

 

Kyuhyun started to feel a little guilty about the thought of letting his father down, so he gave it a second thought and nodded.

 

"Okay, I'll join the soccer team." he said to them, making his aunt and uncle smile broadly while Siwon grinned and patted his back.

 

For you, I'll join... thought Kyuhyun with a small smile, referring to his late father.

 

----------------------------------------

The next day, Kyuhyun went with Siwon to the school's field to tell Leeteuk that he would be joining them. Siwon had told Kyuhyun that he was supposed to wear a pair of shorts with whatever t-shirt and that made Kyuhyun a little uncomfortable because he wasn't used to wearing shorts.

 

"Kyuhyun, you look just fine." said Siwon with a laugh as he tried to take away his cousin's hoodie that was hiding his exposed legs.

 

"You're only saying that because auntie told you to tell me that." said Kyuhyun with a pout as he refused to let go of the hoodie.

 

Across the field, Donghae was doing some stretches and spotted Siwon with Kyuhyun, he grinned and called Leeteuk over.

 

"Look over there, Leeteuk, it's your boyfriend." teased Donghae while pointing at Kyuhyun, who still had the hoodie covering his legs.

 

Leeteuk looked to where Donghae was pointing and a smile appeared on his face, he noticed that Siwon was with him and his smile faltered a bit.

 

Why is Siwon always with him? he asked himself as he saw Kyuhyun pouting while Siwon laughed.

 

"Siwon! Get your over here so we can start practice!" called Leeteuk in a slight impatient tone.

 

"Yes, captain!" Siwon called back with a salute and motioned for Kyuhyun to follow as he walked towards the rest of the team.

 

"Guys, I have someone to introduce to you." he said when he reached them, the guys looked up curiously and saw Kyuhyun standing slightly behind Siwon.

 

"Oh, you're that guy Siwon was chasing." said Ryeowook with a smile.

 

"Let's not get into that." said Siwon with a stern look, then smiled and got everyone's attention again.

 

"So, everyone, this is Cho Kyuhyun and if it's okay with Leeteuk, he'll be part of our soccer team." he said cheerfully.

 

"It'll be more than okay with him." said Donghae under his breath, but unfortunately, Leeteuk heard and elbowed him in the ribs.

 

"Oof!" expressed Donghae with a laugh as he rubbed his side.

 

"You two look close." said Heechul with a wink.

 

"Well, yeah, we're co-" Kyuhyun was about to say "cousins," but Siwon flung an arm around his shoulders and said,

 

"Close friends! Really close friends." he then lowered his voice so only Kyuhyun could hear.

 

"If you say that we're related, they'll think it's favoritism." he said.

 

"Gotcha." said Kyuhyun as he scanned the soccer players, his eyes landed on Leeteuk for a few seconds before he casually looked away.

 

*gasp* He looked at me! thought Leeteuk, feeling as though he won the lottery.

 

"Yo, captain, I'm not going to get any prettier just sitting here." said Heechul's demanding voice.

 

That got Leeteuk's attention, so he shook his head and got into captain mode.

 

"That's right, give me ten laps around the field... Now!" he added the last part with a threatening look when he saw that no one was moving.

 

The team got up reluctantly and Leeteuk heard Kyuhyun say to Siwon,

 

"Ten laps? Tch, what a jerk."

 

J-Jerk? Kyuhyun thinks I'm a jerk? thought Leeteuk with a panicked look.

 

"Oh, you think anyone who makes you exercise is a jerk." he heard Siwon say back, making him feel a little relaxed.

 

Phew, I was getting worried there for a second thought Leeteuk with a relieved sigh as he kept a close watch on his team to make sure they ran the laps.

 

"Donghae! Stop flirting with Eunhyuk and keep running!" he yelled, making Donghae blush a visible red while Eunhyuk smirked.

 

Leeteuk saw Siwon doing his second lap while the others were still on their first and felt someone tap his back, he turned and saw Kyuhyun run past him while looking at him with a smirk.

 

"Come on, captain, run with your team." he called to the older, making Leeteuk blush; something no one has ever accomplished.

 

The rest of the team heard and looked at their captain, then stopped running out of shock when Leeteuk actually joined them on the field. Siwon kept running without a care and Kyuhyun smiled when Leeteuk caught up to him.

 

"So? Am I part of the team?" asked Kyuhyun as he ran.

 

"I don't know, let's see if you can finish these laps... at my pace." replied Leeteuk with a smug look as he picked up the pace and ran ahead of the younger.

 

"Okay, I just hope you have my size in jerseys." said Kyuhyun with a smirk as he easily caught up with him.

 

They then continued to run at the same pace, Leeteuk noticed that everyone but Siwon had stopped running and barked at them,

 

"What are you all doing?! Get back to running!" making the team quickly continue their run.