The turtle and the rabbit

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

It was after school and the music club was in the music room brainstorming ideas for an upcoming fundraiser. They had just ordered food and were sitting on the floor eating when Sungmin walked in, making the guys look up.

 

"Sungmin! I thought you were going to the doctor." said Ryeowook with a surprised blink.

 

"Why were you going to the doctor?" asked Yesung with a curious look.

 

"I had an appointment, but my mom had to work so she rescheduled and didn't tell me until just now." replied Sungmin with a frown as he took a seat next to Ryeowook, he then looked around and pouted.

 

"You guys didn't order anything for me?" asked Sungmin.

 

"Wookie told us you weren't going to make it today." replied Henry with a sheepish grin.

 

"Sorry, Minnie." said Ryeowook with an apologetic look.

 

"That's okay, guys, I was just teasing." said Sungmin with a laugh.

 

"You can have some of mine, Sungmin." offered Yesung with a smile.

 

"Really?" asked Sungmin, his eyes lighting up; instead of answering, Yesung crawled over to Sungmin and kneeled in front of him, then held out his food to the younger.

 

"Thanks, Yesung." said Sungmin with a broad smile as he took the plastic fork from Yesung and ate a few bites; the others exchanged amused looks then stared at their turtle loving friend, who had a small smile on his face as he watched Sungmin.

 

"Okay, let's get back to planning!" said Henry as he clapped his hands together.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Once they had gone their separate ways, Sungmin was on his phone looking for someone to pick him up.

 

"Hey, Minnie, do you want a ride home?" asked Ryeowook.

 

"Umm, thanks, but I'm going to ask Kyuhyun to send Changmin." replied Sungmin with a smile.

 

"Oh? Well... Okay, Minnie, see you tomorrow." said Ryeowook, they waved at each other and Sungmin was left alone.

 

He let out a sigh and wondered what to do; he had lied about getting Kyuhyun to send Changmin, his parents were going to work until late and when he searched his pockets he cursed under his breath when he felt that he didn't have any bus money.

 

Guess I'll have to walk home... thought Sungmin with another sigh, he looked up at the sky and pouted when he saw the gray clouds forming.

 

"Hey, Sungmin... Do you need a ride?" Sungmin looked over and saw Yesung standing there while staring at him with big eyes.

 

"I thought you went home already." said Sungmin with a surprised blink, Yesung let out a laugh and shook his head.

 

"No, I had to go back and get my helmet." said Yesung as he held up a black helmet.

 

"Ohhh, so you're the cool the guy I see leaving the school on that shiny black motorcycle." said Sungmin with a broad smile.

 

"Um, well... I don't know about 'cool.' But, yeah, that's me." said Yesung with a sheepish laugh, then looked at Sungmin expectantly.

 

"I... don't want to be a bother." said Sungmin while scratching the back of his neck.

 

"Oh, no. No, you won't be a bother, Sungmin, I'd be happy to take you home." said Yesung with a bright smile.

 

Not being able to turn down that face, Sungmin agreed and followed Yesung to the parking lot where his motorcycle was. Yesung put on his helmet and got on the bike while Sungmin just awkwardly stood there.

 

"Do you, um, have an extra helmet?" asked the younger, feeling a little anxious about being on a motorcycle.

 

"Sure, I do." replied Yesung with a grin and tossed him the extra white helmet; Sungmin put on the helmet and got on the motorcycle right behind Yesung, the latter slightly turned his head to explain a few things.

 

"Now, we'll be going pretty fast. So it's important that you hold on tightly, understand?" said Yesung, Sungmin only nodded and tentatively wrapped his arms around Yesung's waist.

 

The latter smiled and rolled his eyes as he took hold of Sungmin's arms and pulled them a little tighter around himself, making the younger feel a little flustered as his chest pressed against Yesung's back.

 

"There. Isn't that more comfortable?" asked Yesung with a laugh and again, Sungmin just nodded.

 

"Do you mind if we stop by my house first? There's something I want to show you." said Yesung as he started the engine.

 

"Sure, go ahead." replied Sungmin.

 

Yesung smiled to himself and after checking again if Sungmin was safely secured, he made sure the road was clear before taking off into the streets with a loud roar. Sungmin immediately clung on to Yesung like his life depended on it and he shut his eyes tight. When they came to a stop at a red light {{A/N: "Ey, ey, it's a red light, light..." No? Okay XD}} Yesung turned his head to look at Sungmin.

 

"Hey, Sungmin? I know I said to hold on tightly, but... can you not squeeze so hard? I'm having trouble breathing." said Yesung with a pant.

 

"S-Sorry." said Sungmin with an uneasy laugh as he loosened his grip on the older.

 

"It's okay, you're cute when you're nervous." said Yesung with a smile and turned to face the front again.

 

"T-Thank you?" said a confused Sungmin with a stutter as his cheeks warmed up at the sudden compliment.

 

The light turned green and Sungmin quickly held on tightly again, but not too tight this time and Yesung was off again down the street. After a few minutes they made it to Yesung's house. The latter got off his bike and took off his helmet in a graceful manner while Sungmin shakily got off and clumsily took off his helmet. Sungmin then slightly lost his footing and was about to fall face first into the ground when a pair of arms got him around the waist from behind and turned him around, he came face to face with a startled Yesung.

 

"Are you okay, Sungmin?" asked Yesung with concern in his eyes.

 

"Uh... Um, I..." stuttered Sungmin as he stared into Yesung's eyes, he got a strange feeling inside and his cheeks suddenly felt warm.

 

"I'm okay... Thanks, Yesung." said Sungmin with a sheepish smile as he lightly pulled away from Yesung's hold.

 

"You're welcome." said the older with a pout, he felt a little disappointed that Sungmin got out of his arms so quickly.

 

"So... what did you want to show me?" asked Sungmin, trying to break the awkward silence... well, it was awkward for him because Yesung seemed unaffected.

 

"Oh! Follow me, it's in my room." said Yesung with a grin, he then led the way into his house and upstairs towards his room.

 

Yesung opened the door and Sungmin looked around curiously since he's never been to Yesung's house before; as a matter of fact, he didn't know much about the older. Sungmin was looking at the turtle tank on the desk by the window when he heard Yesung say in amusement,

 

"Now, how did you get out of your tank?" Sungmin turned and this is what came into view:

 

 

Yesung walked towards his turtle and the bunny and picked them up, he then turned to face Sungmin with a broad smile.

 

"This is what I wanted to show you." said Yesung as he held out the bunny to the younger.

 

Sungmin slowly walked to Yesung with big eyes and placed a hand over his while the other hand slowly petted the bunny's head, the little bunny blinked up at him.

 

"Aww, he's so cute!" cooed Sungmin with a broad smile.

 

"I found him in the park and started playing with him, but when I had to leave, the little guy started following me." said Yesung as he looked down fondly at the bunny.

 

"I tried looking for his family, but I didn't see any other rabbits around so I brought him home." he added with a sad look.

 

Sungmin looked up at the older and suddenly found the sight extremely adorable; seeing Yesung standing there and holding a turtle and a bunny in his hands. He quickly took out his phone and took a picture, making Yesung look up with a confused blink.

 

"Did you just take a picture?" asked Yesung.

 

"Yeah, you looked so cute, I just had to." replied Sungmin with a laugh.

 

"Oh... R-Really?" said Yesung with a shy smile as he looked back down at the bunny.

 

Why am I just realizing how cute Yesung is? ...wait... CUTE?! thought Sungmin as his eyes widened and his cheeks turned pink.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day in school, Sungmin was walking down the hallway when he looked up and saw Donghae going into the bathroom while holding Leeteuk's phone to his ear. The older grinned and scurried towards the bathroom to surprise Donghae by jumping on his back, but before he opened the door, he overheard Donghae's conversation.

 

"I don't know how you got this number, but leave him and the people around him alone." Donghae's usually sweet tone was angry and aggressive, Sungmin had a confused look on his face and was even more confused when he heard a loud bang and Siwon's voice from inside.

 

"Who were you talking to, Donghae?" Siwon's voice sounded suspicious.

 

"Siwon! What are you doing in here?!" came Donghae's panicked voice.

 

"It's a bathroom, Donghae. What do people come into the bathroom for?" asked Siwon, Sungmin cautiously opened the door a crack and saw Siwon washing his hands while Donghae stood nervously behind him.

 

"So? Who were you talking to?" asked Siwon again as he dried his hands.

 

"No one important." replied Donghae while avoiding eye contact.

 

"Is there someone bothering you or Leeteuk?" asked Siwon with a concerned frown as he turned to look at Donghae, the latter quickly shook his head.

 

"Donghae, just tell me what's going on or I'm going to go straight to Leeteuk about this." said Siwon with a serious look.

 

"It's nothing, Siwon. Really." insisted Donghae as he looked up and made eye contact with Siwon.

 

"Then why are your hands shaking?" asked Siwon with a raised eyebrow, Sungmin looked down and sure enough, Donghae's hands were slightly shaking and he was gripping the phone a little too tigthtly.

 

Just what is going on here? wondered Sungmin as he quietly closed the door and turned to leave, but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw someone standing right in front of him.

 

"Minnie... Don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop?" asked Kyuhyun with a frown on his face and his hands in his pockets.

 

Uh-oh... How long as he been standing there? Sungmin asked himself with a nervous look.