Introducing Taemin

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

Kyuhyun wanted to visit Leeteuk the next day, but his aunt and uncle didn't let him because he had to go to school and he should let Leeteuk rest. Kyuhyun reluctantly agreed and went to school with Siwon.

 

"We can visit him tomorrow after school." said Siwon with a smile as he turned off the engine of his car.

 

They got out and started walking towards the school, which in Kyuhyun's opinion, looked kind of dull and gray without Leeteuk there.

 

I miss that duck thought Kyuhyun with a pout as he and Siwon walked the halls to their first class.

 

Kyuhyun was then lost in sudden thoughts of Leeteuk and since he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, he bumped into someone and knocked them down. He looked down and saw a guy around his age with wavy brown hair and a cute face sitting on the floor while rubbing his shoulder and pouting up at him.

 

"Well, that hurt a little." said the guy, he then kneeled and started gathering his things.

 

"Sorry... I was thinking about a few things." said Kyuhyun and bent down to help the guy, he looked around to get Siwon to help too, but his cousin mysteriously disappeared.

 

"You're the soccer team's new player, right?" asked the guy curiously, catching Kyuhyun's attention again.

 

"Yeah, that's me." said Kyuhyun as he handed some books to him.

 

"I've seen you around and have been wanting to talk to you! My name's Lee Taemin, by the way, what's yours?" said Taemin with a cheerful smile, making him look adorable.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun." replied Kyuhyun, giving a somewhat awkward smile in return since he wasn't used to having new people talking to him.

 

They both got up from the floor and Taemin slung his book bag over his shoulder.

 

"Do you mind if I come watch during soccer practice, Kyuhyun? I had already asked Leeteuk, but he said no because I would only distract the guys." said Taemin with a pout.

 

I can see why... thought Kyuhyun with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Um... If you want, I don't have a problem with it." said Kyuhyun, making Taemin smile broadly.

 

"Yay! I can't wait to see you practice!" said a happy Taemin and he suddenly flung his arms around Kyuhyun in a friendly hug.

 

Okay... Taemin is definitely a little too comfortable with me thought Kyuhyun as he awkwardly pat Taemin's back.

 

The younger pulled away and smiled one last time at Kyuhyun before waving cutely and ran off to class. Kyuhyun tilted his head to the side in confusion as he stared at nothing in particular, then shrugged it off and went to his own class.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

It's now lunch time and Kyuhyun sat with Sungmin, Ryeowook and Donghae, the latter was asking about Leeteuk because the older wouldn't answer his calls.

 

"The duck went to go live in a farm." said Kyuhyun with a straight face.

 

"Ducks don't live in a farm." said Donghae with a frown, then looked over at Sungmin and Ryeowook.

 

"Do they?" he asked them curiously.

 

"Bunnies live in a farm." said Sungmin with a broad smile.

 

"Yeah, that's where we got you from." said Kyuhyun with a smirk.

 

Sungmin looked back at Kyuhyun with a straight face and suddenly smashed a cupcake against his face, making the other two laugh while Kyuhyun blinked then let out a laugh.

 

"Real mature." said Kyuhyun sarcastically as he tried wiping it off with a napkin.

 

"You should wash that off in the bathroom, Kyuhyun." said Ryeowook in amusement.

 

"If he keeps doing things like this, Wookie, you're going to end up without a boyfriend." said Kyuhyun, making Ryeowook and Sungmin blush a bright red while Donghae laughed.

 

"We're not dating!" they exclaimed in unison, avoiding each other's gazes.

 

"Already denying each other's love." said Kyuhyun while shaking his head, he then walked out of the cafeteria to clean his face.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Just as Kyuhyun was turning on the faucet, he felt someone behind and looked up to see Taemin smiling at him through the mirror.

 

"Hi, Taemin." greeted Kyuhyun with a smile.

 

"Hi, Kyuhyun. Um, what happened?" asked Taemin curiously as he went to stand next to Kyuhyun.

 

"I got into a cupcake fight with a bunny." replied Kyuhyun with a grimace as he grabbed some tissues from the dispenser.

 

Taemin blinked at the reply, but then started laughing, making Kyuhyun look at him in amusement. The younger then rummaged through his book bag and pulled out a blue handkerchief, he soaked it a bit with the running water then turned to Kyuhyun.

 

"Here, let me help you." said Taemin with a grin as he held up the handkerchief.

 

Before Kyuhyun could decline, Taemin put his hand on his clean cheek and started to gently wipe off the cupcake and frosting from Kyuhyun's face. The latter just stayed put and let Taemin finish what he was doing.

 

This isn't awkward at all... thought Kyuhyun sarcastically as he looked at everything but the younger guy in front of him, who was humming some tune with a smile as he cleaned his face.

 

"There." said a cheerful Taemin, he then got some soap from the sink and washed his handkerchief.

 

"Thanks, Taemin, but you didn't have to do that." said Kyuhyun.

 

"It's no problem, Kyuhyun." said Taemin and flashed him a cute smile, making the older smile a little.

 

Maybe this guy isn't so bad thought Kyuhyun as he playfully ruffled Taemin's hair, the latter laughed somewhat shyly and Kyuhyun noticed a light blush appearing on the boy's cheeks.

 

"I-I've got to go now. See you later, Kyuhyun." said Taemin with a silly grin, he looked up at the older and giggled a little before scurrying out of the bathroom.

 

"He's kind of cute when you think about it." said Kyuhyun with a smile to the empty bathroom as he scratched his head.

 

----------------------------------------

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

Oh... My... GOSH! I talked to him! I actually got to talk to him for a little bit! Ahhh! Okay, okay, calm down, Taemin, calm down... *breathes in, then out*

 

He's a lot more handsome up close and his awkwardness is just so cute... But why did he look kind of down? *pouts thoughtfully*

 

Oh no... what if he has a girlfriend and they're having a fight? Aww, that would be terrible!

 

*Puts on a determined face, but ends up looking cute*

 

Don't worry, Kyuhyun...  I will personally make sure you cheer up!

 

"Um... Taemin?" I heard someone say beside me, I look over and see Henry giving me a weird look.

 

"Yes?" I say with a blink.

 

"Can you move? You're blocking my locker." said Henry, I felt my cheeks burning up and stepped aside to let him through.

 

"Sorry." I mumbled, he just laughed and ruffled my hair.

 

"Don't worry about it." he said.

 

I just stood there and watched him put his things in his locker and suddenly, I got an idea to help Kyuhyun cheer up.

 

"Hey, Henry. You're in the music club, right?" I asked pointlessly because I already knew he was, Henry just nodded while zipping up his book bag.

 

"I remember you saying you need two people to sing with you for your new song. Do you think I could be one of those people?" I asked him, hoping he would say yes.

 

Henry closed his locker with a thoughtful look as he slung his bag over his shoulder.

 

"That sounds like a good idea, I've already heard you sing and I think your voice would fit with my song." he said with a grin.

 

"Have you found anyone else to join you?" I asked, slightly bouncing on my heels.

 

"No, nobody has the voice I'm looking for." said Henry with a disappointed pout.

 

"What about Kyuhyun?" I suggested in a nonchalant tone while my insides bubbled with excitement.

 

Henry seemed to think about it for a bit before slowly nodding.

 

"That could work, Siwon says Kyuhyun's voice is amazing so... I'll ask him tomorrow." he finally said with a cheerful smile, then gave me a pat on the arm.

 

"Thanks for the suggestion, Taemin." he said happily.

 

"Glad I could help, Henry." I said with a broad smile, we talked for a little more before going our separate ways.

 

Jackpot! Now I just hope Kyuhyun says yes, then we would be working together and hang out more... Ahhh, I'm blushing just thinking about it! Heehee...