I quit

Leeteuk's Challenge

Author's Note:

Head's up, this chapter gets a bit sad ;\

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Kyuhyun was with Henry and Taemin in the music club room, looking over the music sheet and lyrics that Henry wrote.

 

"So what do you guys think?" asked Henry as he looked at them nervously.

 

"It's really good, Henry." said Taemin with a bright smile.

 

"I like it." said Kyuhyun with a grin, Henry let out a relieved breath and they started deciding who would sing what.

 

"I'll start it off with a piano solo, then start singing." said Henry, the other two nodded in agreement.

 

Taemin then sang the two possible parts for himself and Kyuhyun, then Henry turned to Kyuhyun and asked him to sing the two parts as well to see which voice fits what part.

 

"I have to admit... I haven't sung in months." said Kyuhyun with a sheepish look.

 

"Just try your best, warm up your vocal chords then try to sing these parts." said Henry with an encouraging smile while Taemin nodded in agreement.

 

Kyuhyun gave a nod and cleared his throat, then tentatively sang some notes to warm up his voice. He started to feel less nervous and he picked up the lyrics sheet to sing the parts. He cleared his throat again and sang in a steady voice.

 

"Neowa nan ireohge... Dallajyeo ganeunde... Neoe kkeut-i eobtneun yogshim-e... Geu yogshim-e..."

 

"Wow, Kyuhyun!" said Henry with a broad smile when Kyuhyun was done.

 

"Siwon's right, your voice is amazing!" praised Taemin.

 

Kyuhyun's cheeks turned a little pink as he smiled shyly and covered his face with the music sheet, Taemin cooed at his sudden cuteness and went to hug the older while Henry laughed.

 

"Okay, Kyuhyun, now sing the other part." said Henry with a grin as Taemin took a seat next to Kyuhyun and kept his arms around the older then rested his chin on his shoulder.

 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes, then opened them again and looked at the lyric sheet.

 

"Neol itgo ship-eo... Nar-agago ship-eo... Neol naeryeonohgo... Jayurobgo ship-eo..."

 

Henry just gaped at Kyuhyun while Taemin smiled brightly and hugged Kyuhyun again.

 

"That's the part you should sing!" exclaimed Henry with big eyes as he pointed at Kyuhyun.

 

"I definitely agree with that." said Taemin cheerfully.

 

So, it was decided that Taemin would sing first, then Kyuhyun. The latter suddenly thought about the e-mail and decided to make his announcement after school.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

When class was half over, Kyuhyun walked into the classroom and gave the teacher a note before sitting down with a disappointed look. A few seconds later, Siwon walked into the classroom with slightly red eyes and he also gave a note to the teacher before sitting in the seat behind Kyuhyun.

 

Heechul was sitting next to Siwon and saw a tear running down his face, so he leaned over and put his hand on Siwon's shoulder.

 

"Are you okay, Siwon?" asked Heechul in a quiet voice, Siwon sniffed and quickly wiped his tears away.

 

"No." replied the younger.

 

Heechul got a concerned look on his face and he got up from his seat, then went beside Siwon and wrapped his arms around the shoulders of the younger just as Siwon started to silently cry. Hangeng saw them with a curious look and then looked over at Kyuhyun and saw that the younger had put his hood over his head and now had his head in his arms on the desk. He didn't even ask what was going on, he just got up from his seat and went to sit on the desk in front of Kyuhyun and started talking to him.

 

The teacher turned and saw the four of them in the back of the classroom, but after seeing the looks on their faces, she didn't tell Heechul and Hangeng to go back to their seats. Instead, she walked over to them and asked Kyuhyun and Siwon if they wanted to step outside to get some fresh air.

 

"Can we go with them?" asked Heechul as he rubbed Siwon's back, the teacher nodded with a smile.

 

"Can Leeteuk come with us?" asked Hangeng after noticing the older looking at them with a worried look from his seat in the front of the classroom.

 

"Yes, the more friends they have with them at the moment, the better." said the teacher with a comprehending look.

 

The guys then left the classroom and Siwon leaned against the wall and slid down as he put his head in his hands and started crying again. Heechul was holding Kyuhyun in his arms and his hair while the younger had his head buried in Heechul shoulder because he didn't want them to see him crying. Hangeng sat beside Siwon and just rubbed his back without a word, then Leeteuk came out of the classroom.

 

Kyuhyun lifted his head and when he saw the older, he let go of Heechul and went to hug Leeteuk instead. The latter wasted no time in wrapping his own arms around the younger comfortingly.

 

"Seeing you two hugging like that... I'm not even jealous." said Heechul, trying to lighten up the mood.

 

It seemed to work because Hangeng and Leeteuk chuckled while Siwon and Kyuhyun smiled a little.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

It's now after school and Kyuhyun called up the guys from the soccer to the field so he could drop the news. When everyone was there, Kyuhyun stood in front of them with his hands behind his back and kept his gaze on the grass while the others looked at him curiously.

 

"I'm quitting the soccer team." he simply stated, loud enough for them to hear and then started walking away.

 

The others looked at after him in shock, but by the time they recovered from it, Kyuhyun was gone. Leeteuk felt as if someone had winded him and wanted to run after Kyuhyun to demand an explanation, but Heechul held him back.

 

"We don't know what he's going through right now, let's just leave him alone." said Heechul, Leeteuk could only nod and looked around the field, he noticed that Siwon wasnt there.

 

Kyuhyun then rounded up the guys from the music club and faced them the same way he did with the soccer team.

 

"I'm quitting the music club." he said in the same loud enough voice and walked out without another word.

 

The guys looked at each other with stunned expressions and they noticed that Sungmin wasn't there.

 

Kyuhyun was walking down the empty hallway when he spotted Taemin at his locker, the younger looked up when he heard footsteps and smiled brightly when he saw Kyuhyun.

 

"Kyuhyun!" called a cheerful Taemin, then got a concerned look on his face when he saw the somewhat sad look in Kyuhyun's eyes.

 

"What's wrong?" asked Taemin as he closed his locker and walked up to the older.

 

"You'll have to sing the song by yourself with Henry." was all Kyuhyun said before walking away.

 

Taemin got a confused look on his face, but he quickly turned and his eyes widened a bit when he saw that Kyuhyun was gone.

 

Does this have to do with that e-mail he got? wondered Taemin with a frown.