Every time you need me, I'll be there

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

Changmin, Siwon and Yunho looked at each other with startled and confused expressions; what was Kyuhyun talking about?
 

"Siwon, when did they get here?" asked Kyuhyun, who still looked clueless; Changmin was about to say something when Yunho gently grabbed him by the arm and pulled him away.
 

"Play along for now, Changmin, I'm going to call the neurologist Minho recommended." said Yunho so only Changmin could hear, the latter let out a sigh and nodded; Yunho gave him an assuring smile before leaving the room.
 

"Siwon, whose house are we in?" asked Kyuhyun, Changmin turned and saw his little brother's still curious and confused face as he looked around the room.
 

"Um... we're in Changmin's house." replied an uncertain Siwon.
 

"Well, then, I'm really confused now. Changmin doesn't have a house here, he only has one in Japan." said Kyuhyun with furrowed brows.
 

"He does now." said Siwon in a loud tone, making Kyuhyun shrink back a little.
 

"Siwon, don't scare him." scolded Changmin as he went to sit beside Kyuhyun and wrapped his arms around him.
 

"I wasn't trying to." mumbled Siwon with a sheepish look.
 

"Changmin, has mom come back from work yet?" asked Kyuhyun, Changmin's eyes widened as he and Siwon looked at the teen in shock.
 

----------------------------------------------------------------
 

"Kyuhyun, how old are you?" asked Hyesung, the neurologist Minho had recommended.
 

"Sixteen." replied Kyuhyun with big eyes; he was still feeling confused by the lack of answers to his questions, but curious as to why he was seeing this doctor.
 

"And who do you live with?" asked Hyesung with a kind smile.
 

"With my mom." replied Kyuhyun with a smile of his own, making Changmin's heart clench as he looked away; he was sitting next to his little brother.
 

"Doesn't your brother live with you and your mother?" inquired Hyesung with a mock curious look; he's well informed about Kyuhyun's situation.
 

"No, he lives in Japan where he runs the company my dad used to own." said Kyuhyun, he then looked at Changmin with a pout.
 

"He still hasn't told me why he's suddenly here, though, he would always claim he's too busy." said the younger.
 

"I... I had some time off and figured I'd come visit you." said Changmin, who was trying so hard to keep the tears from building up in his eyes.
 

"Really? That's great, Changmin! Maybe you, mom, and I can finally go on that vacation we've been planning." said Kyuhyun cheerfully as he turned in his seat to face his brother.
 

"V-Vacation?" asked Changmin with a startled look; Hyesung merely jotted some things down.
 

"Yeah, mom and I have been planning this vacation for months now. She said that if you ever had a chance to take a break from your work, we could go to the countryside. To dad's hometown." said Kyuhyun with an excited look.
 

Changmin could only stare at his brother's beaming face with a helpless look, he then looked at Hyesung for some sort of advice on how to respond to this. Hyesung didn't say a word as he rummaged through his drawer and pulled out a calendar, he then put it atop his desk and slid it towards Kyuhyun.
 

"Kyuhyun, can you tell me what day we're in?" he asked.
 

Kyuhyun looked at him with a confused look, but nodded anyway and slid the calendar towards himself. He flipped a few pages before finding the right one and pointed at the date, Hyesung and Changmin leaned in to see.
 

"Oh, my god." murmured Changmin as he covered his face with his hands, not wanting his brother to see the tears that have finally formed in his eyes.
 

"What?" asked Kyuhyun with such an innocent look that it was painful.
 

He had pointed back to the date that was three days prior to his mother's death.
 

-----------------------------------------------------

"Wonnie, what's wrong with Changmin?" asked Kyuhyun as he tugged on Siwon's shirt sleeve; they were back in his and Changmin's house, sitting in the living room.
 

"He was quiet the whole way back and I couldn't get him to say anything." said the younger with a worried look.
 

When they got home, Changmin had walked past Siwon and Yunho with an upset look and locked himself in his room. They asked Kyuhyun about it, but the latter was just as lost.
 

"There had to be something that made Changmin this way." said Yunho with a thoughtful look.
 

"It was after I pointed out what day we were in that he got like that." said Kyuhyun with a pout, making the other two look at him.
 

"What's today's date, Kyu?" asked Siwon in a cautious tone.
 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at being asked the same thing and repeated the date he had pointed to in Hyesung's office. Yunho's eyes widened in realization and immediately knew what was wrong with Changmin and went to check on his boyfriend while Siwon covered his face with his hands and let out a shaky breath.
 

"Changmin did the same thing at Hyesung's office. Why? Why are you both reacting like this?" asked Kyuhyun with a frown.
 

Before Siwon could reply, the doorbell rang, Kyuhyun got up to answer; Siwon was still sitting there in shock. Kyuhyun opened the door and his eyes widened in surprise when a pair of arms wrapped around him.
 

"Kyuhyun! You don't know how worried I've been about you! Are you feeling better? Is your head okay now?" asked Leeteuk as he tightly hugged his boyfriend; he hadn't been aware at all of Kyuhyun's memory loss, let alone his current condition.
 

"Um, I'm sorry, but... do I know you?" asked Kyhyun with a confused blink, making Leeteuk let go of him immediately.
 

"W-What?" asked Leeteuk, not sure if he heard right.
 

"Do I know you?" repeated Kyuhyun with a tilt of his head, making the older let out a nervous laugh.
 

"Come on, Kyuhyun, don't joke like that." said Leeteuk.
 

"Are you a friend of Wonnie's?" asked Kyuhyun with a genuine curious look.
 

What's going on here? Did that ball hit him that hard? thought Leeteuk, feeling panicked at the thought of Kyuhyun forgetting him.

 

"Jungsoo... You. Me. Walk... Now." said Changmin as he came out of the house with an unreadable look; both Leeteuk and Kyuhyun looked at him in confusion until Yunho appeared and put his hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder.
 

"Come on, Kyuhyun, let's go play some video games with Siwon." he said, steering the younger back into the house.
 

Kyuhyun nodded and followed Yunho without question, but he stopped and turned again to see Leeteuk still standing there and looking right at him.
 

Why does he look so sad? wondered Kyuhyun with a curious look, Leeteuk then turned and followed Changmin down the street.
 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
 

"Why didn't any of you bother telling me Kyuhyun lost his memory?!" shouted Leeteuk, feeling more offended than angry.
 

"First off, Jungsoo, don't yell. Second, I didn't think his amnesia was going to get this bad." said Changmin with a frown; they were sitting on a bench at the park.

"How bad is it?" asked Leeteuk in a more decent volume.
 

"Well, he didn't completely lose his memory because he knew who he was and who Siwon, Yunho and I were... But he lost all of the memories he's made since moving into this neighborhood." said Changmin with sad eyes.
 

"You mean... all of the memories after your mother passed away?" asked Leeteuk in a quiet and hesitant tone, Changmin nodded.
 

"I don't really understand as to why his memory was backtracked to that moment, but I'm going to do everything possible to help my little brother recover his memory." said Changmin in a firm tone, he then turned to Leeteuk with a serious look.
 

"Jungsoo... How much do you love Kyuhyun?" he suddenly asked.
 

"With all my heart times a thousand." replied Leeteuk without a doubt and just as serious.
 

"Are you willing to put in your all so he can remember you and his friends? Help him recover those happy memories before he can relive that painful moment when our mom died?" asked Changmin, his eyes boring into Leeteuk's, the latter stared right back and nodded.
 

"Just tell me when we start." said Leeteuk, feeling determined to get his boyfriend back.
 

---------------------------------------------------------
 

They were now in the living room of Chagmin's house, the latter rounded up Yunho and Siwon and told them his idea to try and get Kyuhyun's memory back before he could go through his mother's passing again.
 

"Do you really think he can regain his memory in just three days? I mean, people in his condition usually take weeks, months, or even years to get their memories back." said Siwon, doubt evident in his voice.
 

"I know, but what other choice do we have?" said Changmin with a weary sigh, Yunho wrapped his arm around his waist and gave him a comforting squeeze.
 

Meanwhile, Leeteuk was with Kyuhyun in the latter's room, sitting on the floor while Kyuhyun was rummaging through his video game shelf.
 

"What was your name? You didn't get to tell me before." said Kyuhyun as he turned to look at Leeteuk with a curious look.
 

"I'm Jungsoo." said Leeteuk, he then stood up and walked over to Kyuhyun.
 

"But call me Leeteuk." he added with a gentle smile as he lightly ruffled his boyfriend's hair.
 

"O-Okay." said Kyuhyun as he shyly looked away, feeling his cheeks growing warm.
 

Why do I suddenly feel nervous? Is it because he's standing so close to me? wondered Kyuhyun with a thoughtful pout as he looked back at Leeteuk's face; which he could have sworn he's seen before.
 

"I get the feeling we've met already." said Kyuhyun.
 

"We have." said Leeteuk, not being able to keep the hurt look from his eyes nor the sad smile.
 

"Oh... I-I'm sorry, I -"
 

"You don't have to apologize, Kyuhyun. It's okay." said Leeteuk as he ruffled his hair again, making the younger blink and look at him with big and curious eyes.
 

"You seem really nice, Leeteuk... I wish I could remember who you are." said Kyuhyun as he unconsciously reached out his hand and lightly poked Leeteuk's nose, making the later blink in surprise then he chuckled.
 

"Don't worry, I'll help you remember me." said Leeteuk with a more cheerful smile as he stepped up and wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun.
 

Why does this feel familiar? ...I'm so confused it's making me frustrated... thought Kyuhyun with a frown as he just stood there, Leeteuk let out a sigh and let go of the younger.
 

Hugging him doesn't feel the same, but I'm not going to quit so easily thought Leeteuk as he stared at Kuyhyun, not realizing it was creeping the younger out.
 

"Um, s-should we go join the others d-downstairs?" asked Kyuhyun as he averted his gaze an took an involuntary step back.
 

This reminds me of when we were on cleaning duty that one time... he was so nervous around me thought Leeteuk as a small smile appeared on his face; he was still staring at Kyuhyun.
 

The latter gave an awkward smile and tried to walk around him, but Leeteuk blocked his path and his smile grew when he saw that Kyuhyun was starting to get flustered.
 

"Can you m-move, please?" asked Kyuhyun with a stutter while avoiding eye contact.
 

"Why? Am I making you nervous?" asked Leeteuk in a playful tone.
 

"Jungsoo." both turned and saw Changmin standing there with his arms crossed and a stern look on his face.
 

"Step away from my brother." said Changmin as he stepped inside the room; Leeteuk merely grinned while Kyuhyun took the chance and scurried over to his older brother and hid behind him.
 

"Kyu, I just came up here to tell you that one of your friends is here." said Changmin with a smile.
 

"Friend?" asked Kyuhyun with a curious look.
 

"Taemin." replied Changmin with a grin, Leeteuk frowned at the mention of the younger.
 

"Oh, okay. I'll be going now." said Kyuhyun and quickly left the room without looking back; once he was gone, Changmin turned to Leeteuk.
 

"I know I said to help him remember you, but don't be a creep about it." he said with an accusing look.
 

"Hey, you never said how." said Leeteuk with a grin as he raised his hands defensively.
 

"Come on, let's see how he reacts to Taemin." said Changmin, Leeteuk nodded and followed him back into the living room; where Kyunhyun was sitting on the couch and holding a picture with a pouting Taemin next to him.
 

"Does this help at all, Kyuhyun?" asked Taemin as he pointed at the picture.
 


 

Kyuhyun had a look of concentration as he looked at the picture of Taemin and Henry, trying his best to remember who they were and why he had taken a picture with them. After a while, Kyunhyun shook his head and handed the picture back to Taemin with an apologetic look.
 

"Sorry." he said with sincere eyes.
 

"It's okay, Kyuhyun. I understand if you don't remember us right away, especially Henry. I mean, he is the reason for this mess." blurted Taemin absentmindedly as he put the picture away, then his eyes widened at what he just said and clamped a hand over his mouth.
 

"What do you mean, Taemin?" asked Siwon with a suspicious look.
 

"N-Nothing, I didn't say anything!" denied Taemin with an anxious look.
 

"Taemin... what did Henry do?" asked Changmin as he went to sit on Taemin's other side.
 

"Um, well... you see, sir, I was sworn into secrecy." said Taemin as he fiddled with his fingers and avoided looking at anyone.
 

"But you can tell me, Taemin. I'm an adult." said Changmin with a smile as he wrapped an arm around the nervous teen.
 

"I-I know you're an adult, b-but I promised not to say anything... a-and a promise is a promise." said Taemin.
 

"If you don't want to tell us, I understand... I'll just call Henry myself." said Changmin in a gentle tone, then snapped his fingers.
 

"Siwon. Phone." he said in an authoritative tone, making Taemin flinch a little.
 

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you! But you have to promise to not skin him alive because it was truly an accident and he would never do anything to intentionally hurt anyone and -"
 

"Taemin... Breathe." said Yunho with a patient smile as he went to kneel in front of the babbling teen and placed a hand on his knee.
 

"Now, what did Henry do?" said Yunho with a warm expression.
 

"He... He was the one who... h-hit Kyuhyun with the soccer ball." confessed Taemin without making eye contact with anyone.
 

"Don't misunderstand him, please... You see, he was playing around with Zhou Mi behind the bleachers and he kicked the ball too hard. Not only that, but the ball went the wrong direction and ended up hitting Kyuhyun. Henry came to me right after and asked to see Kyuhyun so he could apologize, but after I told him that Kyuhyun had fallen down the bleachers and was unconscious, he felt even more terrible. He didn't come to school the next day because he figured Siwon would be too furious to listen to him." said Taemin.
 

"No wonder he's been avoiding me these past few days." said Siwon with a look of realization, he then smiled and went to kneel next to Yunho.
 

"Tell him to not worry, I'm not mad at him. Sure, I was furious when I saw Kyuhyun had gotten hurt, but at least now I know it was an accident and not intentional." he said.
 

Taemin looked up and they were surprised to see tears in his eyes as he nodded vigorously, he then turned to Changmin and looked at him like a sad puppy.
 

"Please don't be mad at Henry, sir. He really, really didn't mean to hurt Kyuhyun and he's been beating himself up over it and I just want to see Henry be his happy self again." said Taemin, sounding like he was about to cry.
 

Changmin gave him a gentle smile and nodded before wrapping his arms around the younger, who immediately clung onto him and started to silently cry.
 

"Shhh, Taemin... It's okay." he said softly as he Taemin's hair.
 

Kyunhyun was just sitting there with a confused look as he tried to process what was just said. He got hit with a soccer ball? When? Was that why he couldn't remember Leeteuk or Taemin?
 

"So, what I'm getting from this is that I got hit in the head with a soccer ball and now I have amnesia?" asked Kyuhyun, just in case.
 

"Yes, Kyu." replied Changmin with a nod as he still held Taemin, who had calmed down a little.
 

"This is... Wow." said Kyuhyun with furrowed brows as he stood up and paced the living room.
 

"It was only a mild amnesia at first, but then you fainted and when you woke up again... you had lost even more of your memories." said Siwon.
 

"How much memory did I lose?" asked Kyuhyun, feeling intrigued.
 

Siwon looked at Changmin with an uncertain look, the latter let out a sigh and motioned for Yunho to look after Taemin. They switched spots and Changmin led Kyunhyun upstairs, back to his room, and sat beside Kyuhyun on the bed with his hands on his little brother's shoulders.
 

"This may shock you and I don't know how you'll react, but right now you're at the point where you think our mom is still alive." he said slowly, watching carefully for a reaction.
 

"Why would I think she's still alive? I mean, yeah, I was in denial for a long while, but I slowly coped with it and now I can fully acknowledge that she's gone." said Kyuhyun with a blink.


What... the... ?! thought Changmin with wide eyes.


--------------------------------------------------------------------


Changmin was now in the kitchen and on the phone with Hyesung while pinching the bridge of his nose.
 

"So, you're saying this is normal? His memories can come back without him realising and in pieces?" asked Changmin.
 

"Yes, I'm actually very impressed that Kyuhyun managed to remember such an important detail in such little time. If he keeps going at this rate, he'll have his full memory back in no time." said Hyesung.
 

"What can we do to sort of help speed up the process?" asked Changmin as he paced back and forth with a thoughtful frown.
 

"Ususally, I would say don't force these things because it might confuse the person. But since Kyuhyun is such a bright young man, I recommend showing him pictures or videos of him interacting with his friends. We seem to respond more when we use our senses, so if he could see, hear, or feel something familiar, it could trigger his memories." explained Hyesung.
 

"Okay, we'll do that, then. Thank you so much, Hyesung. I don't know what I would have done without your help." said Changmin in full sincerity.
 

"You're very welcome, Changmin. Don't hesitate to call if there are any questions or concerns, alright?" said Hyesung with a laugh.
 

Changmin replied in agreement and after talking for a bit more, he hung up. He let out a weary sigh and gave a startled jump when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist from behind he then smiled when he felt Yunho's chin rest on his shoulder.
 

"Are you okay?" asked Yunho as he slowly swayed them from side to side.
 

"I am now, Hyesung just told me that Kyunnie will be able to remember everything in no time." replied Changmin, feeling relieved.
 

"See? I told you Kyuhyun was strong and that he'll pull through." said Yunho with a grin, he then turned Changmin in his arms so they were facing each other.
 

"Thank you for supporting me through this, Yunho... I really appreciate having someone as sweet and understanding as you by my side." said Changmin as he gave his boyfriend a tight hug.
 

"No need for thanks, Changmin. Kyuhyun is like my own little brother and I would never leave his or your side, no matter what." said Yunho, he then placed a soft kiss on Changmin's cheek.

 

"I'm not going to keep saying this every time I catch you two... Get. A. Room." both turned and saw Kyuhyun standing there with his arms crossed and a grimace on his face.

 

That statement means he remembers Yunho and I are a couple thought Changmin with a happy gleam in his eyes.
 

"Aww, Kyunnie, don't be jealous. You have your own boyfriend who can kiss and hug you." said Changmin with a broad smile, making Yunho stifle a laugh.
 

"Boyfriend?" repeated Kyuhyun with a confused look.
 

"Yeah, he's in the house right now." said Changmin with a nod.
 

"Who is it?" asked Kyuhyun, he turned his head and saw Taemin and Leeteuk playing cards with Siwon; he was playing too before getting up for a drink.
 

"Who do you think it is?" asked Changmin, making the younger look back at them.
 

"If you guys are playing a trick, it's not funny." said Kyuhyun with a frown.
 

"We're not trying to trick you, Kyuhyun." assured Yunho with a smile.
 

Kyuhyun still looked at them with a suspicious look, but nodded and got a can of soda from the refrigerator before going back into the living room. He took his seat beside Siwon and looked at the two guys sitting across from him, wondering who his boyfriend is.
 

I can't just suddenly ask... How can I bring it up? wondered Kyuhyun with a thoughtful frown.
 

"Are you okay, Kyu?" asked Siwon, bringing Kyuhyun out of his thoughts.
 

"Hm? Y-Yeah... I'm fine." replied Kyuhyun with a half hearted smile as he went back to looking at his cards.
 

Siwon knew there was something on Kyuhyun's mind, but didn't pry and just nodded with a smile. They went back to playing cards and after a while Taemin pouted tossed his cards in the middle of the pile, making the others look at him questioningly.
 

"This is boring, let's play something else." he said as he crossed his arms.
 

"You only say that because you were about to lose." said Leeteuk with a teasing smile.
 

"W-Was not!" denied Taemin, but his sudden blushing face gave him away and made the others laugh at his cuteness.
 

"Okay, okay. What do you want to play, Taemin?" asked Siwon as he too tossed his cards.
 

Taemin got a thoughtful look on his face while the others picked up the cards and put them away. They looked at the younger and the latter grinned sheepishly.
 

"Um... I don't know what to play." said Taemin, receiving a light tap on the head from Leeteuk.
 

"So you were going to lose." he said with a laugh; Taemin pouted and crossed his arms, he then looked at Kyuhyun and crawled over to him.
 

"Kyuhyun~ Leeteuk's being mean to me~" said Taemin as he clung onto Kyuhyun's arm, the latter let out a laugh and looked at Leeteuk.
 

W-Whoa... Is he glaring?! thought Kyuhyun with a startled blink when he saw the look on Leeteuk's face, which he swears is familiar.
 

"Let go of Kyuhyun's arm, Taemin, you're going to cut off the circulation." said Leeteuk with a frown.
 

"No." said Taemin like a stubborn child and kept clinging onto Kyuhyun.
 

Taemin was always amused by how easily Leeteuk got jealous and decided to keep teasing as well as help him out, he rested his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder and snuggled into him. He then smirked and winked at Leeteuk, the latter's eyes widened in surprise by Taemin's sudden boldness. Leeteuk frowned again and stood up, then walked over to Taemin and Kyuhyun and made sure he didn't hurt anyone as he crouched and pulled the younger away from his boyfriend. Kyuhyun gave Leeteuk a startled look when the latter suddenly pulled him up on his feet and half dragged him outside. Siwon raised his eyebrows at the whole scene and looked over at Taemin, the latter shrugged and laughed.
 

"Just thought I'd help Leeteuk and Kyuhyun reunite." said Taemin with a grin.
 

"You're not so bad after all." said Siwon with a laugh as he ruffled Tamin's hair.


----------------------------------------------------------------


Kyuhyun had no idea where Leeteuk was taking him, but his wrist started to hurt because of the firm grip the older had on it. He stopped walking and pulled a little, making Leeteuk stop as well and look back at him.
 

"Can you let go? You're gripping too tight." said Kyuhyun with a somewhat timid look, Leeteuk immediately let go and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.
 

"What was that about anyway? Why did you suddenly react like that?" asked Kyuhyun, at this point, all he wanted was some answers.
 

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." said Leeteuk while avoiding eye contact.
 

"Try me." said Kyuhyun as he stood there with a determined look on his face, the older let out a sigh and looked at him.
 

"I'm your boyfriend, Kyuhyun... And I didn't like Taemin being all over you just now." said Leeteuk, a light blush creeping on his face.
 

Kyuhyun blinked a few times before looking away with a million thoughts running through his head. He looked back at Leeteuk and saw the latter looking at the ground, the younger tilted his head to the side and took a tentative step closer.
 

"Changmin and Yunho said I have a boyfriend and that he was in the house. I didn't know if they meant you or Taemin." said Kyuhyun in a cautious tone.
 

"Why would you even think it's Taemin? I was the one who was clearly into you from the start." blurted Leeteuk as he looked up and took a step forward.
 

Kyuhyun was about to take a step back, but Leeteuk quickly wrapped his arms around him and looked him right in the eyes. The younger felt his heart beat increase at their close proximity and his face suddenly felt warm.
 

"I was the one who confessed to you first and asked you to be my boyfriend, remember? I gave you a ring before you left to Japan and we talked every night since then, you would stay up late even though I kept telling you you had lessons in the morning... I was also the first one to say I love you." said Leeteuk, his eyes telling Kyuhyun that he wasn't making this up.
 

Kyuhyun could only stare at the older since he didn't know what to say at all.
 

Leeteuk then raised one of his hands to show Kyuhyun a ring he was wearing, which had a key carved into it. Kyuhyun blinked at it and his face scrunched in concentration, he then raised his own hand and saw a similar ring, but with a heart carved into it. He stared at his ring for a while before looking up at Leeteuk with a small smile.
 

"So, you have the key to my heart, huh?" asked Kyuhyun, the familiar sentence making Leeteuk break out into the brightest smile ever.
 

"Yeah... and I promised to make sure it stays that way." said Leeteuk with a laugh.
Kyuhyun chuckled and wrapped his arms around Leeteuk's waist, letting the latter know he remembers everything now.

 

"I love you, Jungsoo." said Kyuhyun with a warm smile, he then leaned forward and pressed his lips against Leeteuk's.
 

The latter could swear his heart was about to explode by not only Kyuhyun remembering him, but by what he just said. Leeteuk wasted no time kissing back and holding Kyuhyun closer and tighter, the latter responding the same way. Both eventually parted and were slightly out of breath as they smiled at each other.
 

"I love you." repeated Kyuhyun with a broad smile.
 

"I love you too." said Leeteuk with a laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Featuring Hyesung as the neurologist XD (p.s. he's only here for this chapter ^^")

Okay, I miraculously made Kyuhyun remember everything and everyone in such a short amount of time because I didn't want to drag out the whole "memory loss" thing... so don't judge me if some things aren't 100% realistic or accurate XD