Japan Diaries Pt. 5

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

"When are you coming back? I miss you." said Leeteuk through the phone, Kyuhyun knew the older was probably pouting and that made him smile.

 

"I don't know, Changmin won't give me a straight answer about that." replied Kyuhyun as he took a seat on the neatly made bed, he heard Leeteuk making some sounds of protest and whining and the younger couldn't help but laugh.

 

"What's so funny?" asked a sulking Leeteuk.

 

"You. The fact that you miss me so much makes me happy." replied Kyuhyun, his cheeks turning a little pink after saying that.

 

There was silence on the other side of the line for a few seconds until Leeteuk let out a soft laugh.

 

"Well, it makes me happy to know that I've made you happy and I guess I can wait a little more for you to visit us." said Leeteuk.

 

It has been a few months since Kyuhyun moved to Japan to live with Changmin and each day, Leeteuk felt his love for Kyuhyun grow stronger while Kyuhyun felt his crush for Leeteuk developing into something more. Every time they spoke on the phone or through video chat, Leeteuk would always say "I love you" and Kyuhyun would always turn red and be shy about it. Even though Kyuhyun wasn't ready to say it back to Leeteuk, it didn't make Leeteuk's feelings any different and he would wait as long as it took to hear Kyuhyun say those three words to him.

 

"I don't like that you feel sad because you miss me, though, I've actually thought about sneaking out and buying a plane ticket so I can go back by myself." said Kyuhyun, which was true; he has thought about going back on his own.

 

"Don't you dare do that, Kyuhyun. I would rather fly over there myself than have you traveling by yourself." said Leeteuk in a firm tone, making the younger pout.

 

"AND I WOULD HAVE FOUND OUT BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WOULD HAVE USED MY CREDIT CARD!" called Changmin from out of nowhere.

 

"Changmin... SHUT UP!!!" exclaimed Kyuhyun, then grinned when he heard Leeteuk laughing on the other end of the line.

 

Just then, Yunho poked his head in through the door with a smile and said,

 

"You can take your shower now."

 

"But I don't want to take a shower, I want to keep talking with Leeteuk." whined Kyuhyun with a childish pout and just as Leeteuk was going to tell his boyfriend to go...

 

"Kyuhyun, we can either do this the easy way or the hard way." said Yunho with a sweet smile on his face, but a menacing glint in his eyes.

 

"Believe me, Kyu, you want to do it the easy way." said Changmin with a disgruntled look as he walked past Yunho and into the room while drying his hair with a towel.

 

"Okay, okay, I'll go." said Kyuhyun while rolling his eyes, then said into the receiver,

 

"I have to go now, Leeteuk."

 

"Yeah, I heard what Yunho and Changmin said." said Leeteuk with a laugh.

 

"Aren't they being unfair right now?" asked Kyuhyun with big eyes, making his boyfriend chuckle.

 

"You're so cute, Kyuhyun. I'll call again later if you want." said Leeteuk and Kyuhyun immediately agreed.

 

"Okay, then, talk to you later... I love you." said Leeteuk, the last sentence making Kyuhyun blush like usual.

 

Kyuhyun mumbled a shy goodbye and hung up, he looked up and saw Changmin and Yunho standing there with big grins on their faces. The younger glared at them, as if daring them to say something.

-----------------------------------------------

 

"Okay, guys, we have six hours to set everything up and get the sound system up and working." said Sungmin, who was holding a clipboard and a pen in his hands.

 

"But this place is huge. Even if we do have six hours, will it still be enough time to set everything up?" asked Ryeowook with big eyes as he looked around the spacious school gym.

 

"What are you boys doing here?"

 

The guys from the music club looked up and saw the principal looking at them with a surprised look.

 

"You all should have been in the auditorium about a half hour ago. The girls from the neighboring school have already arrived and have started decorating." said the principal.

 

"What?! Why wasn't I informed about this?!" exclaimed Sungmin with big eyes.

 

The principal shrugged and left the gym, leaving the guys to look at each other in confusion. Just then, Yesung cleared his throat to get their attention.

 

"I, uh... I forgot that I had gotten a message earlier from Yuri saying they would be helping us out with the decorations... hehe." said Yesung with an awkward laugh, then saw the murderuous look on Sungmin's face and quickly looked down.

 

"Sorry, Sungmin." he mumbled.

 

"Someone hold me back before I teach this turtle how to fly." said Sungmin and suddenly pounced on Yesung, but Zhou Mi caught him around the waist.

 

"Come on, Min, we have to help the girls prepare the auditorium." said Zhou Mi, trying to keep the peace.

 

"Okay, fine. But when we're done with everything..." said Sungmin, he turned to Yesung and pointed a threatening finger at him.

 

"When we're done... you're mine." he said with an evil glint in his eyes, making the older gulp and pale a little.

 

The guys went to the auditorium and saw some of the girls that attended the all girls school down the street. The girls heard the double doors opening and looked up to see them walking in.

 

"Oh, you guys are just in time!" said Sooyoung with a cheerful smile, she finished taping a balloon to the wall and scurried over to them.

 

"We need help setting up the lights since we don't know what switch does what." she said with a sheepish smile.

 

"Yesung, Wookie, and I will take care of that." said Henry with a grin and along with Ryeowook and Yesung, they went into the room with the lights and sound system.

 

"We also need help putting up the banner!" called Sunny with a pout as she, Hyoyeon, and Taeyeon stood on their tip toes trying to set up a big and colorful banner.

 

"I'll help you." said Zhou Mi with a smile and jogged over to the girls.

 

"Anything else you need help with?" asked Sungmin, Sooyoung thought about it and nodded.

 

"We need to hand out the flyers to the students from your school and my school." she replied.

 

"I can do that." said Sungmin with a nod, Sooyoung clapped her hands happily and went to get the big stack of flyers.

 

"We can pass them out together so it'll go faster." said Sooyoung as she split the pile in half and handed it to Sungmin.

 

They walked out of the auditorium while the others kept setting up and went their separate ways to hand out the flyers. The boys' and girls' school were collaborating to have a talent show and the students were more than happy to be working together to bring everything to life and have been working hard to make the preparations as smooth as possible. Sooyoung went to the soccer field and smiled broadly when she saw Siwon sitting on a bench and drinking out of his water bottle while the others did some stretches.

 

"Siwon!" called a cheerful Sooyoung as she walked over to her boyfriend.

 

Siwon looked over with a surprised look at the sound of his name, but immediately smiled when he saw Sooyoung. He got up just as she reached him and opened his arms for a hug, Sooyoung giggled as she gave Siwon a hug.

 

"Are you girls done already?" asked Siwon.

 

"No, the boys from the music club came to help us and Sungmin and I are in charge of passing out the flyers." replied Sooyoung as she pulled away and handed him some flyers.

 

"Can you give these to the guys on your team?" asked Sooyoung with a bright smile, Siwon got a silly smile on his face as he nodded and took the flyers.

 

"Thanks, handsome." said Sooyoung with a playful wink, then gave him a peck on the cheek and a final hug before skipping off the field to hand out the rest of the flyers.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

After the flyers were passed out to everyone and the auditorium was set, Sungmin decided to call Kyuhyun; the latter had heard about the talent show from Leeteuk and wanted someone to film it for him. Sungmin walked down the empty hall with his phone in hand when he bumped into someone and stumbled back a bit.

 

"Sorry!" exclaimed a familiar voice, Sungmin looked up and saw Taemin giving him an apologetic look.

 

"I wasn't watching where I was going." said the younger with a sheepish smile.

 

"That's okay, Taemin." said Sungmin with a grin as he ruffled Taemin's hair, the younger let out a giggle and saw the phone in Sungmin's hand.

 

"Are you going to call Kyuhyun?" asked Taemin, a happy glint in his eyes; Sungmin nodded while still grinning and dialed Kyuhyun's number.

 

Taemin watched silently as Sungmin's cheerful expression turned into a confused one as he looked at his phone then placed it back over his ear. Sungmin hung up and dialed again, but furrowed his brows and hung up again after a few seconds, making Taemin tilt his head to the side with a curious look on his face.

 

"What's wrong, Sungmin?" asked Taemin when the older let out a sigh.

 

"He's not answering." replied Sungmin with a light frown; he found it weird because Kyuhyun usually picked up after the first or second ring.

 

"Maybe he's busy playing his video games." guessed Taemin with furrowed brows, who also found it weird that Kyuhyun didn't pick up.

 

"Yeah, you're probably right, Taemin. I'll try again in a few minutes." said Sungmin with a smile.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

"What do you mean he's not answering his phone?" asked Leeteuk with an alert look as he got up from the grass; Sungmin had come looking for him after he tried to get in contact with Kyuhyun again and failed.

 

"I tried several times, but it would go to voicemail." said Sungmin, a worried look on his face.

 

"I'm sure everything's okay, Sungmin, Kyuhyun might be busy with his lessons." said Leeteuk, trying to assure Sungmin and himself.

 

"He always picks up my calls, though, no matter how busy he is." said Sungmin with a pout, they heard footsteps and looked up to see Siwon running towards them.

 

"Is Kyu answering your calls or messages?" asked Siwon when he reached them, sounding slightly out of breath.

 

"No." replied Sungmin with a shake of his head.

 

"I talked to him just this morning." said Leeteuk with a light frown, he then thought of something.

 

"You know, Kyuhyun has been cutting our conversations short these past few days." said Leeteuk.

 

"Hey, yeah... Now that I think about it, I haven't heard from Kyuhyun in over a week now." said Sungmin with a thoughtful look, they then turned to Siwon.

 

"Well, I talked to him last night." said Siwon with a frown, making the other two face palm.

 

"You made it sound as if you haven't spoken to him in a long time." said Leeteuk with an accusing look.

 

"That is a long time! Kyu and I couldn't spend even five minutes without talking to each other!" said Siwon with big eyes.

 

"That's true." said Sungmin with a grin, he then looked at his watch.

 

"We better get going, the talent show starts in twenty minutes." said Sungmin, the other two nodded and followed the bunny into the school; all three of them worried about Kyuhyun.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Henry stepped into the room where the lights and sound system were and spotted the DJ sitting in front of a glass screen where the stage was clearly visible. He walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention, the DJ took off his headphones and looked up at Henry.

 

"Here's the music for my performance." said Henry with a grin as he handed over the CD that had the music for his new song, after he thanked the DJ, Henry walked out of the room to look for Taemin so they could perform.

 

The boys and girls were now seated in the auditorium and the principals from both schools were surprised that they could all fit. There was a buzz of chatter as the two schools got to know each other and socialized amongst themselves. A few minutes later, someone stepped up to the podium and cleared his throat into the microphone he was holding.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you could all please settle down so we can start the talent show." he said, the crowd cheered for a few seconds before settling down.

 

The guy thanked the crowd and announced that the first ones up would be Henry and Taemin; both were nervous about performing this song for the first time in front of a crowd, but eventually got over it and just went for it. The music club, along with the soccer team, cheered louder than the rest when the two boys went on stage and waved shyly at the crowd, making the girls coo at their cuteness. Henry took the microphone and tapped it with his finger, then he and Taemin got startled looks when it made a ringing noise.

 

"Uh, hi... Taemin and I will be performing a song I wrote a few months ago. We were supposed to be singing this with Kyuhyun, but he can't be here right now. So, we dedicate this performance to him." said Henry, then waved at Sungmin who was holding a video camera.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, this song is called 'Trap.'" said Taemin with a grin.

 

Henry and Taemin got into position and began their performance. It started with Henry playing the piano for a bit and whispered, "I'm trapped." at the end of the piece. Then the track began to play and Henry began to sing his lines like he had practiced for hours everyday, then Taemin came out and danced while singing his lines. During the middle of the song where Kyuhyun was supposed to sing, Henry had planned to leave that part without vocals.

 

But...

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00CTI22m24U

 

The guys from the music club and soccer team got up from their seats to get a closer look at the guy that was on stage with Henry and Taemin.

 

"Is that...?" asked Sungmin with a shocked face.

 

"Kyuhyun!!!" shouted Siwon and Leeteuk in unison, also shocked.

 

Henry and Taemin managed to keep themselves composed after receiving the great shock of seeing Kyuhyun on stage with them. When the song was over and Taemin and Kyuhyun had walked off the stage in opposite directions, the crowd went wild and got to their feet to clap and cheer. The lights came back on and suddenly, all the students saw a hyper Taemin running across the stage shouting,

 

"Kyuhyun! You're back! You're finally back!"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Finally, Kyuhyun's back! \^0^/

This has got to be the longest chapter I've written so far and I hope it makes up for my lack of updates TT_TT