Introducing Onew & Key

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

The next day, Kyuhyun was sitting in class and playing with his PSP while waiting for the teacher to come in. He heard a chair scrape beside him, but didn't look up as he was so absorbed in his game.

 

"Kyuhyun, can you pause your game for a minute? I gotta talk to you."

 

"Only because you asked nicely, Henry." said Kyuhyun as he paused his game, he looked over and grinned at Henry.

 

"What's up?" he asked.

 

"Do you want to sing with me for this new song I wrote?" asked Henry, getting straight to the point.

 

"Me? Sing with you?" asked Kyuhyun with a surprised blink, Henry nodded with a smile.

 

I've never sung in front of other people besides my family... thought Kyuhyun with a thoughtful look.

 

"Take your time if you want, Kyuhyun, either tell me or Taemin what you decide." said Henry, noticing the hesitation on Kyuhyun's face.

 

"Why Taemin?" asked Kyuhyun with a confused look.

 

"He'll be the other person singing with me and he suggested you." replied Henry.

 

"Ohh... Well, okay, Henry. I'll let you guys know what I decide." said Kyuhyun with a nod, Henry smiled and nodded then left the classroom to go to his class.

 

Will I be able to sing in front of others? ...especially after I haven't sung in months? Kyuhyun asked himself as he bit his bottom lip nervously.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

After classes were done for the day, Kyuhyun was still undecided about singing with Henry and Taemin. Part of him wanted to because he was curious about what kind of song they would sing, but the other part lacked the confidence. 

 

"What are you thinking about?"

 

Kyuhyun looked up and smiled when he saw Siwon standing there in front of him with an amused look on his face.

 

"Henry asked me to sing with him and Taemin, but I still haven't decided." replied Kyuhyun, they started walking out of the building together.

 

"What's there to think about? You have an amazing voice, Kyu, you should let others hear it." said Siwon with a grin as he slung his arm around his cousin's shoulders.

 

"I want to sing... but at the same time, I don't." said Kyuhyun with a pout.

 

"Have you asked for a second opinion?" asked Siwon.

 

"I told Sungmin and he said the same thing you did." said Kyuhyun.

 

"Well, let's ask for a third opinion." said Siwon with a grin, the younger blinked up at him.

 

"We're going to go see Leeteuk." said Siwon cheerfully, making Kyuhyun smile broadly and nod.

 

------------------------------------

 

When they got to the hospital and asked for Leeteuk's room, Siwon and Kyuhyun took the elevator to go see him. They reached the right floor and got out of the elevator then started heading towards the room.

 

"Mom and dad told me he was doing much better and should be released either tomorrow or the day after." said Siwon as they reached Leeteuk's room.

 

He opened the door and Kyuhyun slightly pushed him out of the way so he could go into the room first. Kyuhyun saw Leeteuk sitting up on his bed while watching t.v. and eating some jello, the younger grinned and scurried over to him when he stopped dead in his tracks after seeing the blond doctor named Kim Kibum... better known as Key.

 

"You!" exclaimed Kyuhyun with narrowed eyes as he looked at Key, the latter looked up from his clipboard and smiled broadly when he saw Kyuhyun.

 

"Oh, hi, Kyuhyun." said Key cheerfully, making Leeteuk look back and forth between them with a curious look.

 

"You... owe me a lollipop." whined Kyuhyun with a pout, making Key and Siwon laugh.

 

"Um, you already know Key?" asked Leeteuk.

 

"Yeah, we've had our ups and downs. Such as he would give me shots against my will and I will kick him afterwards... yeah, we go way back." said Kyuhyun and narrowed his eyes at Key.

 

"I would tell you multiple times to sit still, but you insisted on hiding behind Siwon." said Key with raised eyebrows.

 

"Besides, I'm not the one who owes you that lollipop." he added while closing his eyes and raising his nose in the air in a pompous manner.

 

"Hey, Key, I brought the paper work you needed." said a male voice, Kyuhyun turned and his eyes lit up.

 

"Onew!" exclaimed Kyuhyun cheerfully as he ran to the doctor and flung his arms around him, making Leeteuk glare at them.

 

"Kyuhyun? What are you doing here?" asked Onew with a broad smile as he hugged Kyuhyun back.

 

"I came to visit Leeteuk, he's a friend of mine." replied Kyuhyun.

 

"Yeah, you supposedly came to visit me, but you haven't even asked how I'm doing." said Leeteuk with a pout.

 

Kyuhyun grinned and quickly let go of Onew then ran back to Leeteuk, the latter looked up at him while still pouting and Kyuhyun opened his arms.

 

"I was saving the best hug for you." said Kyuhyun then bent down and wrapped his arms around the older while burying his face in the crook of Leeteuk's neck.

 

"Aww." cooed Key and Onew in unison while Siwon crossed his arms with a frown.

 

Leeteuk smiled somewhat smugly and wasted no time in hugging Kyuhyun back, enjoying the warmth of the younger.

 

"Are you feeling better?" asked Kyuhyun with a grin as he sat beside Leeteuk without letting him go, not that the older was complaining.

 

"You're not supposed to sit on the bed, Kyu." said Siwon with a disapproving look.

 

"But I want to." said Kyuhyun, pouting at his cousin.

 

"You're still jealous of other guys, Siwon?" asked Key with a smirk, knowing too well how Siwon is.

 

"What do you mean?" asked Leeteuk with narrowed eyes, he was determined to find out the relationship between Kyuhyun and Siwon.

 

"Siwon has always been overprotective of Kyuhyun, ever since they were little." replied Onew with a laugh.

 

"Why?" asked Leeteuk, then looked at Kyuhyun as he felt the head of the younger resting against his shoulder.

 

"You're a curious duck, aren't you?" said Kyuhyun with a smirk.

 

"Yeah, Leeteuk, you're being too curious. Stop it." said Siwon, Leeteuk noticed that he looked a little nervous all of a sudden.

 

"Are you two really just friends?" asked a suspicious Leeteuk.

 

"Friends? These two are way closer than just friends." said Onew with raised eyebrows.

 

Key saw Leeteuk's eyes widen in horror and a playful smirk appeared on his face, he caught on right away that Leeteuk must not know that Siwon and Kyuhyun are cousins.

 

"They sure are, they do everything together. I remember hearing they used to take baths together." said a mischievous Key.

 

"WHAT?!" shouted Leeteuk in disbelief.

 

"KEY!" shouted Siwon in protest, his cheeks turning red.

 

Key only continued to smirk as he shrugged at Siwon. The latter and Leeteuk then looked at each other, one with a look of horror on his face and the other with a look of murder. Key stifled a laugh, Onew looked totally confused and Kyuhyun just sat there with a bored look.

 

"That happened when they were little, though. But anyway, Siwon has always been the protective type when it comes to his family." said Onew, making Siwon freeze.

 

"Family?" asked Leeteuk with furrowed brows.

 

"Yeah, Leeteuk... Siwon and I are cousins." said Kyuhyun, he then lifted his head from Leeteuk's shoulder and smiled cutely at him.

 

"Blame Siwon for lying to you and everyone else." said the younger, then turned to Onew.

 

"I believe you owe me a lollipop, Dr. Lee." he added with a mock stern look, Onew chuckled and shook his head before pulling out a cherry flavored lollipop from his white coat.

 

"Here you go." said Onew and handed the treat to an eager Kyuhyun, who let go of Leeteuk and stood up to grab it.

 

Leeteuk sat there, processing this new information, then slowly looked up at Siwon with a murderous look. Siwon's eyes widened a bit in fear and he tried to hide behind Key, who burst out laughing like a madman and dropped down to the floor. Kyuhyun and Onew paid them no attention as they discussed with each other different kinds of candy and which they like best.

 

Choi Siwon, you made me believe you and Kyuhyun had a thing for each other this whole time... Just wait until I get discharged... Leeteuk mentally threatened as he kept his glare fixed on a nervous Siwon.