Leeteuk's story and Kyuhyun's breakdown

Leeteuk's Challenge

 

Author's Note:

Just a head's up, this chapter has some angst.

--------------------------------------------------

 

When Leeteuk and Kyuhyun got to the house, the younger looked over at Siwon's house and let out a sigh.

 

"What's wrong, Kyuhyun?" asked Leeteuk as he took out his key.

 

"I don't like thunder storms." replied Kyuhyun, the older nodded.

 

"Come on in." said Leeteuk with a smile as he opened the door to his house.

 

Both stepped inside and Kyuhyun looked around the living room with curious eyes, but didn't touch anything. Leeteuk noticed and just stood there, watching the younger with an amused expression. Kyuhyun looked over in Leeteuk's direction and saw the older staring at him, making him look down at his hands while his cheeks turned pink.

 

"You can explore if you want." said Leeteuk as he put his bag on the couch and started taking off his coat.

 

Kyuhyun's eyes lit up and he smiled as he nodded and quickly went to a random direction in the house, then came back a few seconds later to put his own book bag on the couch and hang his coat on the rack by the door.

 

"Hehe, now I can go exploring." said Kyuhyun with a sheepish smile then scurried off, Leeteuk just laughed at Kyuhyun's cuteness.

 

Leeteuk then felt his phone vibrate with a message and he pulled it out of his pocket; it was Siwon.

 

Hi, Leeteuk ^^

First of all, I was the one who told Kyu to ask if he

could stay with you and well, I'll fully explain the

situation when I come back tomorrow ^^" But for now,

please look after him carefully. Make sure he doesn't

have any excessive amounts of chocolate...

I mean it, Leeteuk! If I find out my baby Kyu doesn't

remember something, there will be hell to pay!

 

Leeteuk just stared at his phone with a raised eyebrow, not sure what to make of the message. Why did Siwon tell Kyuhyun to ask if he could spend the night?

 

Of course you have to fully explain the situation, Choi Siwon thought Leeteuk in amusement.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"You never answered my question." said Kyuhyun, he looked away from the screen and raised his eyebrows at Leeteuk; they were sitting on the couch watching some program.

 

"What question?" asked Leeteuk, feigning ignorance as he continued to stare at the screen; he knew what the younger meant, but was feeling a little nervous about answering.

 

"Don't play that with me, you dumb duck." said Kyuhyun with slightly narrowed eyes, Leeteuk sighed and decided to just answer.

 

"I haven't been eating right in school because I sometimes can't afford it." he said.

 

"Explain." said Kyuhyun as he crossed his arms and continued to stare at Leeteuk, who found it easier to just keep staring at the screen.

 

"Since I'm still in high school, I can only have one job and that job alone sometimes isn't enough to help pay the bills around here. So, I tend to skip a few meals every other day." said Leeteuk.

 

"Where are your parents?" asked Kyuhyun, even though he's living next door, he's never seen or heard of Leeteuk's parents.

 

"I know where my mom is, I visit her every time I have a chance... I don't even care where my father is." Leeteuk said the last part with a dark look.

 

"Oh..." said Kyuhyun as he looked away for a bit, he then looked back at Leeteuk and asked,

 

"How did you get this house?"

 

"I inherited it from my maternal grandmother, who raised me." replied Leeteuk.

 

"Am I asking too much?" asked Kyuhyun with an uncertain look, he saw that his questions were making Leeteuk a little uncomfortable and he didn't want that.

 

"Honestly? Yeah, you are, especially since you said you would only ask me one personal question." said Leeteuk with a light frown.

 

Kyuhyun shrunk back on the couch and just stopped talking, thinking he had upset the older with his excessive questioning. They then stayed quiet for a few minutes, the only sound was coming from the television. 

 

I miss Siwon... thought Kyuhyun with a pout, he then started thinking about his parents and that made him miss them terribly which resulted in him getting extremely sad and anxious all of a sudden.

 

Leeteuk heard a small sob from the other end of the couch and looked over with a startled look, his eyes widened in shock when he saw Kyuhyun staring at the screen with watery eyes and his lips trembling.

 

W-Why is he crying? Leeteuk asked himself with an alarmed look, feeling a pang in his heart.

 

"Kyuhyun, what's wrong?" asked Leeteuk as he scooted closer to Kyuhyun, but all the younger heard was "Kyuhyun, she's gone."

 

"She's not gone! She's just asleep!" Kyuhyun suddenly shouted then shot up from the couch and ran out the front door, leaving a stunned Leeteuk staring after him.

 

What was that about? he asked himself with a confused look.

 

Leeteuk quickly snapped out of it and ran after Kyuhyun to bring him back into the house because it was still raining outside. He quickly started getting soaked from the rain as he looked around then spotted Kyuhyun next door, banging wildly on the front door.

 

"Siwon! Open the door! Don't leave me in here!" he heard Kyuhyun shout at the top of his lungs.

 

"I don't like these people! Please!" yelled Kyuhyun with heart wrenching desperation.

 

Why is he acting like this all of a sudden? Leeteuk asked himself as he watched helplessly while Kyuhyun shouted his lungs out while still banging on the door.

 

Leeteuk then saw that Kyuhyun's knuckles had gotten a little bloody from pounding on the door so hard and his protective instinct kicked in. He ran back into the house for a few seconds then came back out with a thick blanket and ran over to where Kyuhyun was. Leeteuk then draped the blanket over Kyuhyun and turned him over so he could get his arms around the younger in a tight hug.

 

"It's okay, Kyuhyun, everything will be okay." said Leeteuk comfortingly, Kyuhyun sobbed into Leeteuk's shoulder as he clung to the back of the shirt of the older.

 

"Let's get you inside before you catch a cold." said Leeteuk, then led the way back to his house without letting go of Kyuhyun, who was still crying.

 

When they stepped back into the house, Kyuhyun went straight to the couch and huddled in the corner. The blanked had fallen off of him so he was shivering a bit and Leeteuk didn't know what to do to help calm the younger down. For now, Leeteuk quickly ran upstairs to his room and got some dry clothes for Kyuhyun to change into so he wouldn't get sick. He came back downstairs and saw that Kyuhyun was about to leave out the front door again.

 

"Oh, no you don't." said Leeteuk as he let the clothes drop on the floor and ran to Kyuhyun, then got him around the waist with one arm while he closed the door with his other hand.

 

"But I want to see Siwon!" it broke Leeteuk's heart to hear Kyuhyun sound so distressed.

 

"Siwon will be back tomorrow, but for now, you have me." said Leeteuk in a gentle tone as he led a drenched Kyuhyun towards the bathroom, picking up the clothes on the way; Kyuhyun had stopped crying by now, but he was still jumpy and anxious.

 

Leeteuk the light in the bathroom and set the clothes down on the sink. He then turned to Kyuhyun, who was looking at the floor with a pained expression.

 

"Kyuhyun, you have to take a warm shower, okay? I don't want you getting sick." said Leeteuk gently so he wouldn't scare the younger even more.

 

"Will Siwon really be back tomorrow?" asked Kyuhyun in a shaky voice, ignoring what the older said, he looked up and Leeteuk saw the vulnerable look in his eyes.

 

"Yes, Kyuhyun, Siwon promised he'll be back tomorrow and he never breaks his promises." said Leeteuk in an assuring voice that Kyuhyun somehow found comforting.

 

"Good... I really miss him and I want him to be here with me." said Kyuhyun as more tears welled up in his eyes.

 

Leeteuk didn't even feel the slightest bit of jealousy by what the younger just said and simply stepped forward to give Kyuhyun a comforting hug that the younger obviously needed. Kyuhyun sniffed and hugged back just as tightly, if not tighter.

 

Leeteuk then convinced Kyuhyun to take that warm shower, hoping that would relax Kyuhyun and prevent him from catching a cold. When Kyuhyun was done, he put on the white shirt and black sweat pants that Leeteuk had given him and he stepped out of the bathroom. Leeteuk was leaning against the wall next to the door with his arms crossed and a thoughtful look on his face, he quickly stood up straight and smiled gently at Kyuhyun.

 

"Are you feeling a little better?" asked the older in concern, Kyuhyun only nodded without looking at him.

 

"Come on, I need to take a look at your hands." said Leeteuk, he then gently took Kyuhyun by the arm and led him back into the living room.

 

Kyuhyun watched in silence as Leeteuk got a look at his knuckles, they had stopped bleeding and were now starting to bruise a little. Leeteuk got a cotton ball and put some disinfectant on it, then carefully dabbed it on Kyuhyun's knuckles, who flinched a little but didn't pull his hands away. When Leeteuk was done, he softly blew on Kyuhyun's hands to ease the stinging.

 

"Do you want to talk about anything, Kyuhyun?" asked Leeteuk cautiously.

 

"Not really... but I feel strangely relieved now." saud Kyuhyun in an indescribable tone.

 

Leeteuk nodded, then remembered that he had some food in the refrigerator. He ruffled Kyuhyun's hair with a smile and got up from the couch to go to the kitchen, but felt a tug on the back of his shirt. Leeteuk looked down and saw that Kyuhyun had grabbed the back of his shirt and was looking at the floor.

 

"I'll be right back, Kyuhyun," said Leeteuk with an amused look, Kyuhyun just shook his head like a child.

 

"I'm going into the kitchen, look, you can even see me through here." said Leeteuk and pointed towards a clear view of the kitchen.

 

Kyuhyun made a noise of complaint and didn't let go of Leeteuk, the latter then realized that Kyuhyun didn't want to be left alone. Leeteuk then crouched down in front of Kyuhyun and smiled.

 

"Do you want to come with me?" he asked, Kyuhyun quickly nodded, making the older chuckle.

 

"Come on, then." said Leeteuk, he got back up and held out his hand to Kyuhyun.

 

The latter didn't hesitate to take his hand and Leeteuk led them into the kitchen, the older then walked over to the counter without letting go of Kyuhyun's hand and opened a white jar.

 

He pulled out a peanut butter cookie and held it in front of Kyuhyun's mouth, the latter nibbled on the cookie to taste it and then properly bit into it. Leeteuk quickly let go of the cookie before Kyuhyun bit his finger off and also let go of his hand to go to the refrigerator. The older then felt Kyuhyun grabbing the back of his shirt again and looked back to see the younger still munching on the cookie while looking around the kitchen.

 

He is simply the cutest thing ever thought Leeteuk with an affectionate smile then started pulling out some ingredients to make dinner.

 

Kyuhyun looked out the window as Leeteuk chopped and boiled some things and saw that it had gotten dark and it was still raining, but softer now, and he let out a calm breath. He then smiled a little as he continued to look out the window.

 

Goodbye, mom... I hope you'll continue to watch over me from wherever you are... thought Kyuhyun, his heart and mind finally at ease.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note:

Don't worry, the next chapter won't be as sad as this one ^__^ v