VIII

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few weeks passed well and as expected, Minjee and the three were getting along better and better each day passing. The two younger boys were really getting extremely close with her. She liked how they looked up on her and how they were really "clingy". With Haewon as an exemption, no other males even tried to stick up on her for a minute! She had this "aura" they fear.

Not that she's a nerd as the other girls address but she's just... distant. They fear they'll never understand her or she'll just show a cold shoulder to them. It was the only thing they feared of. Minjee always knew these reasons yet she was too weak to even try and explain to all. She knew no one will listen or believe her and that'll just root more and more burdens to her than what she has for the time being.

Oh well, at least someone's being close to her now, right?

And Tao, oh, Huang Zitao.

The two are "lovebirds" for the eyes of Sehun and Kai. The two are constantly being teased by the youngsters on how close they've gotten. True, the two are extremely close now and their friendship has grown extremely strong.

Tao has gone protective to Minjee and having some small skinship seems quite normal for the two now. When Minjee grabs Tao by the arm or links her arm with Tao's, it seems to be very typical. Compared to the past where Minjee will blush greatly and Tao would falter everytime he approaches Minjee, now, they seem to be in good bonds already.

There was no bad vibes anymore.

The three had fully gained Minjee's trust and heart. They were like the best friends she could get and despite her not saying so, they can sense it greatly. Haewon? Eh, he doesn't care actually.

Minjee, meanwhile, was greatly fond of the three, especially towards Tao. She purposely grabs his arm and hands when the four of them are together. She feels a lot safer and comfortable whenever she's along with the pale-yellow headed guy. Sure, her heart still beats when he's around but not as much beating when they first met! She somewhat soothed her heart a bit.

And she was glad or else she'll find her stomach having butterflies flying inside!

And some dreams of Tao's face and smile. Yes, she did have those.

 

Wednesday, 6:17 p.m. 

"Classes are dismissed. Have a safe way home, children!"

Minjee hurried and grabbed her bag and ran out of the classroom happily. She had her black hair riding the wind as a smile curled up his lips. Like everyday, she had Sehun and Kai waiting outside of her room patiently. "Hello, noona!" the two youngsters greeted happily. "How was class?" Kai asked.

"Fine. Some mathematical questions drove me crazy." Minjee sighed as she slumped her bag straps neater on her shoulder. "Yours?"

"Kai here got the teacher scolding at him for at least four minutes!" Sehun laughed as he flashed his famous "judging you" face to the reddish-brown haired man beside. "Oh? Why so?" Minjee gasped as she averted her attention to Kai, who just gulped hardly.

"He slept in class." Sehun chuckled, earning a punch from Kai. "That was not funny so stop laughing!" Kai whined. "Can't help it, you looked really funny standing up in class as sir bombarded you with some useless naggings!" Sehun countered in between giggles, earning more punches and hits from the other male. Minjee simply watched the two playfully fight before she felt a pair of hands cover her sight. She jolted slightly and began flailing her arms around. "Gah! Who is this?!" Minjee yelled.

"Guess who~" a familiar soft voice whispered. Minjee smiled and slowly removed the hands from her eyes and looked behind. As expected... "Huang Zitao! You always do that!" Minjee pouted as she hit his shoulder lightly. "Can't help it. You look adorable when shocked!" Tao laughed.

"You-!" Minjee glared as she showered him with light hits. Tao simply snickered and stopped when he noticed Sehun and Kai giving them that "look" yet again. "Hey, stop looking at us like that." Tao sighed. "It's creepy!"

"Can't help it, hyung. You two look so sweet!" Sehun giggled. "Don't you think so too, Kai?"

"I think you two are a match! I wouldn't even be surprised if you two become a couple!" Kai commented. "I would totally ship you two!" he laughed, earning a cold glare from Tao. "Nonsense. That's crap talk." Tao said, rolling his eyes playfully.

"You just called noona your girlfriend before!" Sehun said.

"I did to protect her. Learn the difference there." Tao cried before flushing into a bright red color. Minjee simply giggled behind before linking her arms around Tao and gesturing the youngsters to follow them. Obediently, the two followed close behind, Kai even playfully wrapping his arm around Minjee's shoulder. It was typical for Minjee. Sometimes, Sehun would give her back hugs even and cling onto her as if his dear life is hanging onto her! It was typical.

"Hey! Didn't someone here promised us of treating us into an ice cream shop?" Minjee asked as she eyed Tao, whom she was extremely close with. Tao noticed her eyes and smiled nervously. "You caught me. I thought you'd forget!" Tao laughed.

"I nearly did." Sehun innocently blinked, making them laugh slightly. He laughed along later on as they made their way to the city square and head to have some nice, sweet and cold ice cream.

 

"I'm home!" Minjee cried out as she removed her shoes and entered the house. She saw that her brother had just wore a pale yellow shirt the moment she came in and she even had a glimpse of her brother's abs. Ugh, it was disgusting. "You should really find some privacy when dressing up, oppa." Minjee said.

"Argh, we're siblings. It's not like it's awkward or what!" Haewon laughed as he ruffled his sister's hair. "You seem to be late. Where'd you go off?" he questioned.

"Ice cream shop." Minjee smiled.

"Alone?"

"With Sehun, Kai and Tao of course!"

"Ugh, boys again. You know, you should hang out with those the same gender as you!" Haewon sighed deeply as he headed to the kitchen to cook dinner. "I relly hate it when guys hang around you often."

"Sheesh, quit meddling with my life. I find guys more fun to be around with that those... those dramatic, judging lassies! I feel like they tend to over act every time! Plus, eighty percent of the females in our class tease me!" Minjee whined.

"How about the left twenty percent?"

"They're too afraid to talk to me."

"... Well, that's your problem. Deal with it."

"Oppa!"

"Don't oppa me, go dress up! We're having your favorite within a few minutes." Haewon smiled sweetly. Feeling defeat, she nodded and curled up a faint smiled before heading to her room and hurriedly dressing up. She soon came out dressed in a petite rose-pink colored dress, only falling until her knees. She had her black hair tied neatly into a ponytail-style before she heads to the couch and turns on the television. She saw that the news were on and she simply grumbled.

She hated news.

She was about to change the channel when she heard Haewon's voice commanding her not to touch the remote. "Stay on that channel. It's on again." he said, arms crossed on his chest. Minjee looked confused at her brother and tilted her head slightly to the right. "What are you talking about? What is on again?" she questioned.

"That's what you get for not watching important stuff, Kang Minjee!" Haewon sighed as he fell on the couch. "You see, there are continuous cases of murders these past nights. Detectives found no clues and who the suspect can be. But as I can see, it's not a single-person crime. It's done by numerous ones." he said seriously. Minjee was amazed. Eversince they were kids, she saw clearly how great an observer her brother was, and his conclusions always lead into right ones!

He must be psychic, that's what Minjee used to think about Haewon. "So... any particular patterns this crimes happen, oppa? What have you observed?" she asked. Ah, memories flooded back. Often times, when she was fourteen and Haewon was eighteen, the two used to play detective plays and solve crimes flashed on the television. They asked what, where, when, why, how and other like how normal detectives solve cases.

"They do happen on a particular pattern." Haewon said, tapping his chin. "Every..."

"Every?"

"Every full moon." he answered as he looked at Minjee before outside. He saw how bright the moon shone and he frowned. "No wonder, it's a full moon today."

"... This is weird. What kind of crime pattern of having full moon as its pattern? I don't get it." Minjee frowned.

"Neither do I!" Haewon sighed as she saw the gruesome killing. Quickly,he shoved his hands on Minjee's eyes so she wouldn't see the gruesome death. He knew how Minjee is traumatized with those sights! Minjee knew exactly the reason of Haewon's actions and she was glad he did so. She cannot stand such images.

"Done." he said and gently removed his hands from his sister's eyes, granting her sight again. He headed back to the kitchen and invited Minjee along to eat. Minjee paused and looked at the news again and at the moon. Something was fishy here, yet she didn't want to jump into conclusions yet. She simply brushed it off and walked to the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Okay everyone, head count!" Suho announced as he clapped his hands along. He waited until the kids have gathered in the living room and began counting. One, two, three, four.... eight, nine. "Three are missing. Who's missing?"

Silence.

"Xiumin-hyung?"

"Here!" Xiumin cried.

"Luhan-hyung?"

"Here!"

"Kris-hyung?" Silence. One down, two to go. "Lay?"

"Here!"

"Baekhyun?"

"Here!"

"Chen?"

"Here!

"Chanyeol?" Strike two. No one answered. "Okay... D.O?"

"Here!"

"Kai?"

"Here!"

"Sehun?"

"Here, hyung!"

"... Tao?"

Silence. Strike three. Those three- "Where did Kris-hyung, Chanyeol and Tao go off this time? Don't they know they aren't allowed to go out with all these cases roaming the city?" Suho cried angrily, crossing his arms.

"Hyung, we tried to stop them, but they were just too impatient." Sehun pouted as he sat on the couch, just beside Luhan. "Let them be. It's their choice so it's their right to move. If they get in danger, it's their fault!" Luhan sighed deeply.

"Those three never learn!" Xiumin uttered.

"And Kris-hyung is supposed to watch over the younger ones! Why is he the root of the troubles?" Chen cried.

"I thought he despised troubles?" Lay questions.

"People, calm down. I know those three are on their way home."

"Sure, like they'll be home any minute no- oh, never mind." Baekhyun said as he heard the door open. Three sweaty men entered the house. Kris's hair was greatly messed up, and so was Chanyeol's. Tao was breathing heavily, leaning on the wall for support. "Oh go- what happened?" D.O worriedly asked as he headed to the three. Seeing Tao weak, he switched his attention to the pale-yellow haired man and supported him in standing.

"Didn't you still learn that Tao-hyung is fragile?" Kai scolded.

"He has weak stamina! He can't always run when there is trouble! What if you two got Tao killed?" Baekhyun nagged as he helped D.O support Tao, who later on, collapsed due to exhaustion. Kris fell on the floor while Chanyeol nearly passed out due to the same reason. Thankfully, Lay quickly brought them water and that made them hydrated again. Tao was brought to his room while the two were receiving major scoldings.

"Kris, you should've know more! You can't just bring your brothers out there!" Xiumin said calmly. "You know how Chanyeol can be clueless at times and how weak Tao is physically."

"I know, but I pitied them. They really wanted to go out badly and we forgot it was a full moon." Kris said softly. "I'm sorry, I'll be responsible next time. More responsible."

"Better be!" Luhan warned. "Or we're giving you the right punishment. We are still older than you and despite being the leader, we have the right to punish you if ever!"

"I understand." Kris nodded and tapped Chanyeol, who was still trying to catch his breath. "Chen, Kai, take Chanyeol to his room. Prepare some food if needed. Those two would be greatly weak upon waking up."

"I'll do the cooking." Xiumin said. Chen and Kai hurried and carried the giant to his room before he completely passed out. Suho sat there, furious of Kris's carelessness. It would be extremely dangerous if ever they got into trouble.

"Kris, don't repeat that again." Luhan said.

"Yeah, hyung. It'll literally make all of us worried!" Sehun nodded.

"I promise I won't do it again." Kris smiled faintly. "I promise."

"Make sure of that, Wu Yifan." Suho said before marching off to Chanyeol's room and Tao's room. Kris simply hung his head low in guilt while Lay tried to make him feel at least a bit better. "Cheer up, everyone makes mistakes, gege." Lay smiled.

"Thanks." Kris smiled. "I understand."

The moon continued to shine above, on that starless night. Dusk fell and silence filled the whole world. This mysteries are just beginning and far from ending yet.