Epilogue

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Minjee!"

The familiar, feminine voice made the black-headed female turn around, her eyelashes batting slowly as she tries to make out who the voice belonged to. To her surprise, it's her mother, smiling dearly at her while she places the paper bags on top of the counter top. "Ah, mom, you're back." Minjee smiled softly. 

"Oh, yes. I can't just leave my baby alone, would I?" her mother giggled, patting her head. "By the way, someone's here with me." she winked.

"Really? Who?" the female blinked cluelessly.

"Me!" a shadow popped out of the door, hugging Minjee carefully and softly, enough for Minjee to feel how much the other missed her. It was no other than her best friend, previous number one bully and enemy, Yoonmi Park. "Hi, darling!" she giggled.

"Yoonmi, goodness, you've travelled from Daegu until here to Seoul just to see me?" Minjee smiled excitedly.

"Yup! I wouldn't want to miss a weekend without seeing you, would I?"

"I'm fine, alright? This is nothing." she grinned, pointing at her showing belly. 

Yoonmi gazed at her growing, round belly. It was getting bigger and bigger, making her smile in excitement. "My goodness, it was like yesterday that you had that flat like an iron board. Now, it's big! I wonder if it's a boy or girl." she grinned.

"Don't address my child as an 'it', Yoonmi. I'm sure it'll be a she." Minjee smiled brightly. "She's quite a gentle one too, she doesn't kick much or when she does, it's not that hard. She cares too much for her mommy."

"Envious! Sooner or later, I'm gonna be a mom too! Right after college!" Yoonmi cried, her arm in the air. Minjee simply giggled at how her best friend got all giddy because of her state, and soon, her grin slowly grew shorter into a hope-filled smile as she ran her fingers on her own belly. 

It was enormous, indeed.

She felt her child inside, sleeping peacefully as she brought the child carefully inside.

"It's been months, huh?" she smiled, closing her eyes as she reminisced the memories as if they were just yesterday.

It was like yesterday that she was walking down the dimly-lit alley when something bloody pounced on her. A yellow-headed man, panting heavily as his blood dripped down his whole being. It was like yesterday that her first kiss was stolen by that same guy.

By Huang Zitao.

Then, she recalled those times she found Tao wandering around to apologize to her. It was like yesterday that she smiled and forgave him just like that. It was like yesterday that she met those crazy yet fun-to-be-with wolves with the name "EXO". It was like yesterday that she felt awkward with the twelve males.

She smiled as she saw a memory of hers where she thought that her dear "wolf" was Kris instead of Tao. Those times that Tao cried since he can't take it anymore. Those times where he confessed and she accepted despite the heavy consequences. She and Tao then began dating officially and soon, became official mates.

That night changed everything, and she blushed by the thought on how embarassing she was that time! 

Then, trouble began, the main cause why EXO slowly decreased by number. How the deaths of her beloved allies haunted her for days.

Blood dripping, tainting the white and dark forest. How screams of pains slipped out of their throats. How blood dripped down. It was just... terrifying for her that time. 

The time...

... She and Tao separated ways.

"Minjee?"

"Hello...?"

"Earth to Kang Minjee, are you okay, girl?" 

"H-huh?" Minjee snapped out, blinking multiple times before she looks at Yoonmi, who had her right hand on her shoulder, a confused look plastered on her best friend's face. "Y-you were saying something, Yoonmi?" she asked.

"Girl, you're too dazed these days. If you're nervous when your labor will be, don't be. Just imagine the happiness and gain you get for all those times carrying your angel there!" Yoonmi smiled.

"I-it's not the nervousness."

"Then what?"

"I remembered him."

"Him?"

"... Y-yeah. You know, him."

"That Tao guy?" Yoonmi snickered. "Girl, that guy's not coming back, okay? Face reality. He's a coward and can't accept that he got you pregnant with that child. Someone else's out there, ready to be your man-"

"That's not my point, Yoonmi." Minjee said, shaking her head. "And hey, he's coming back for me, alright? If our love is true, then it'll find a way, no matter how much time is needed. He said that he loves me and my heart belongs to him alone." she pouted. "And I have zero intentions of getting along with another guy if it ain't him!"

"Do it your way." Yoonmi smiled, ruffling her ally's head, messing it up. "Come on, lunch's served, I guess." she said, helping the pregnant friend up. 

"Thanks." Minjee giggled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Minjee, what about this? If that thing's a girl, I'm sure it'll suit her!" 

"Hey, don't address my child as some sort of thing, alright? It's still a living being!"

The two were roaming around the wall, scanning for interesting "baby" stuff for Minjee's child. She knew well that her delivery's coming close, and she had to do something for her baby, right? A baby shower for instant. Clothes, baby food, milk, baby things, everything.

"Thanks for the crib, by the way, Yoonmi." Minjee grinned, tapping her best friend's back. "Are you sure your sister's sure of giving it away?"

"Eonnie's hubby's filthy rich, they can buy another one if they need one!" Yoonmi laughed.

"Even still!" 

"Relax~ She's a hundred percent sure, Minjee. She gladly gave it to me, telling me to give it to you for your lil' angel." she giggled cutely. "Come on, I know you've got an eye for it so keep it!"

"Fine. Thanks."

"Anytime, bestie~"

The two continued looking for clothes and milk bottles. Some had really cute designs, much to Minjee's liking. They were either pink or lilac color. One was pale red and pale yellow. She smiled as she placed every material in the grocery basket Yoonmi carried. She even bought cute baby shoes to match her angel's outfit!

"Man, it was like yesterday that we two were cats and mice, right, Minjee?" Yoonmi suddenly reminded, making Minjee nod slightly before smiling. "I'm sorry for those days I called you a and and everything else... I think I was just too immature and too envious back then."

"Hey, you're long forgiven, Yoonmi." Minjee smiled.

"When I heard the news that you were pregnant, all my friends called you a deadly . I felt bad for starting that name-calling thing. I felt guilty and I knew I was at fault."

"Again, you're forgiven. I mean, hey, some friendship starts like that." Minjee winked.

"Agreed." Yoonmi nodded happily. "Who ever knew the bully and the bullied can be best friends?"

"No one must've saw that coming!"

"Oh, reminds me, you're future such a waste! No offense." Yoonmi frowned. "You could've had so much better things if you didn't get pregnant early. Seriously."

"I know. It's my own mistake." Minjee smiled clumsily. "I kinda don't regret it though."

"What? Don't you find it hard?"

"Well, I do. Especially those morning sickness." she giggled. "But imagining how my angel would look like, it makes me feel so light and happy. I just... can't explain the joy of carrying my and Tao's little baby."

"Well, I can never understand your way of logic, girl. Good luck still." Yoonmi laughed, continuing her search of more baby stuff. Minjee stood beside her, looking for more baby-needs for her little angel, soon to be born into the world. The joy made her heart jump.

Until pain shot over her belly.

She tried ignoring it but it soon grew tremendous that she had to lean on the wall for support. Her legs grew like jelly and a low groan of pain was torn from , catching Yoonmi's attention. Dropping her grocery basket, the fellow female ran towards her, kneeling beside her friend, worry written all over her. "Minjee! W-what's going on? What's wrong?"

"S-she's coming." Minjee breathed, scowling. "My baby... she's coming."

"W-what?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We need a doctor here!"

"To the delivery room now!"

"Hurry already! She needs medical attention!"

"Nurse! Nurse! Over here, nurse! We need nurses!"

"Call the doctor, hurry!"

"Bring her to the Delivery Room! Hurry!"

Minjee heard voices around her, her vision distorted due to the coarsing pain. Ball sof sweat formed on her forehead as she panted heavily. She looked around, seeing Yoonmi and her mother beside her, worried. "Minjee, stay strong, alright?" her mother spoke. "You can do it, dear. I know you can."

"Minjee! This is it. You can do it, alright? I know you can, girl!" Yoonmi cheered, tearing up slowly. Minjee managed to mouth a "yes" and a light nod before she was slowly separated from them as she was brought to the delivery room quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next thing Minjee saw was a blinding light. She scanned the whole place and knew which room she was in. Persons in white with masks over them were around her, talking. She can barely see nor hear them either. Pain shot her constantly and that was the worst moment.

"Ms. Kang, we need you in this, alright? Be strong." one doctor said. Minjee nods and turns around, seeing her mother beside her once again, tears on her eyes.

"M-mom-" Minjee croacked.

"Ssh. It'll be over soon, sweetie. Just do whatever the doctors say, okay? You can do it." her mother smiled, making her smile as well and nod as she found strength once again. She saw the bracelet with the blood-red shining brightly as it was placed in the middle of the black lace wrapped around her wrist. "Tao." she breathed. "Wish me luck." 

The pain got a lot worse soon.

She hated it.

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she concealed the scream wanting to be torn out of . "That's it, Ms. Kang. Push." the doctor instructed, which she did so. After one push, she gasped for air, the environment heating up for her.

"Again, push!"

Another push. Breathe.

"Again! Push!"

Another push. Breathe.

"I-it's killing me!" Minjee cried in pain, sobbing hard.

"Minjee, don't loose hope." her mother reminded, holding her hand tightly. "You can do it. Just a bit more."

"The baby's nearly out. Last one, push!"

The last push was given and all of Minjee's strength was poured out, making her breathe heavily, chest rising. Hair was plastered on her sweaty forehead. Soon, a faint cry of a baby was heard, very clear to her ears. She panted and tried opening her eyes again. "Wh-where is my child?" Minjee breathed.

"Here." a nurse smiled as she cradled a small figure. "Congratulations, it's a girl!"

"I knew it." she smiled weakly yet happily. "I want to see her.". The same nurse nodded and gestured her to wait for a while as she handed the small angel to the doctor and nurses.

"What name are you blessing her with, hm?" Minjee's mother asks, excitement sparking in her eyes. "I bet you came up with a spledid name, Minjee!"

"I did. It's Arang. I'm naming her Kang Arang." Minjee grinned.

"Arang? Why, that's a wonderful name! Arang it is, yes?"

"Mhm. Arang."

Soon, a gasp of terror soon shot out of the nurses' mouth, making Minjee and her mother wonder. "W-what's wrong?" Minjee nervously asked as she scanned the place again. "Where's my child?"

"Y-you're child..." the doctor gasped as he carefully handed the child to her mother, which made Minjee smile dearly. Terror was plastered on everyone, making Minjee confused. "W-what's wrong?" Minjee questions, "Y-you're all pale!"

"You're baby, she's... not human!" a nurse managed to cry out.

"Nonsense! How can my granddaughter be something not human?" Minjee's mother cries in annoyance. "What made you say such cruel judgment!"

"H-her hair! Her hair's growing fast!" a nurse exclaimed, pointing at the child Minjee cradled. Minjee averts her eyes and they widen by the next second. They were right.

Yellow hair grew out of her scalp quicker than lightning. Soon, her head was clad in yellow-tainted strands of hair. "W-what.. how?" Minjee gasped in astonishment and slight terror. "How is her hair growing this fast? And why is it not black? Why yellow?" she blinked.

"She's no human!" a nurse cries.

"Nonsense! Minjee, I'm sure this is due to lack of melanin or something, right doctor?" Minjee's mother croacked.

"P-probably." the doctor answers in fright.

A thought suddenly hits Minjee and parted. The thought may make sense but she didn't want to jump into conclusions despite having it the only explanation of such. 

"I-I am sure that baby is no human! Look at her eyes!" the nurse screamed.

Eyes. The eyes.

Minjee gulped and watched as her child slowly opened her eyes. To her shock and assurance, her thoughts were no mistake indeed. She knew what her baby was and yes, she was no human.

"You're right, my Arang is no human." Minjee smiles, tears escaping her eyes due to joy. "You are indeed Tao's daughter."

"W-what is she talking about?!" a nurse screeched. "H-has she gone mad?!"

"I'm not bonkers." Minjee giggled, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "I-I'm just too happy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"These blood-red eyes. They're from her father..." she giggled. "The forbidden daughter of the wolf and the beauty." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"THE LAST CURSE WAS BESTOWED ON ME."