XXV

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Minjee-noona?" Kai called out softly as he saw the once unconscious girl come back to her senses. Minjee slowly sat back up, her hand on her head. Her eyes were still squinting, adjusting with the light, and soon, she saw the twelve crowding over her, and with no recollections of what happened lately, for now, she turned her head around, wondering.

"What happened? Where am I?" Minjee questioned, eyeing Tao and everyone else afterwards.

"You collapsed." Tao said, worriedly carressing his beloved's hand. "Are you alright now though? Are you feeling better?"

And with a few seconds of no reply, Minjee jolted and jumped off the bed and with such actions, Lay wasted no time and grabbed her arms, locking her around his arms and preventing her from the sudden dash. "Let me go, Lay-oppa! Let me go!" Minjee continuously yelled as she tried struggling free.

"What's wrong?" Lay asked in worry, trying to calm the lady down. "Minjee, calm down."

"How am I supposed to ing calm down?!" she cursed in panic. "My oppa needs me! He's suffering and I must be beside him! Now, let me go already!"

"Minjee, calm down!" Baekhyun tried to say, holding the female's hand. "Breathe, woman! Breathe!"

"Baekhyun! You are not helping!" Luhan scolded.

"Just let me go!" Minjee cried as she finally escaped and ran out of Lay's arms, formerly imprisoning her. With that, the twelve ran after her and thankfully, being fast runners they are, they easily caught up with Minjee, and Tao was the first to hold her back and prevent her from crashing like that in Haewon's room. She has to calm down, no matter what.

"Minjee, listen to me and calm down first!" Tao cried as he held Minjee close to him despite her arms flailing around and everything, Tao held his girl close to his arms, calming her down. "Come on, please, look into my eyes and tell me that you'll calm down."

"Tao! Let me go!" Minjee cried, sobbing after a few seconds passed. "Please... just let me go..."

"Not until you calm down and listen." Tao sighed and tightened his hold of the female. Defeated, Minjee nodded and took a deep breath, calming slowly and after a look into Tao's eyes, she nodded. "Alright, alright, I'm calm... at least I know I am." Minjee softly said and slowly, Tao lets go of her. "Alright." the male smiled and held her hand. "Don't surprise Haewon-hyung, alright? We'll go inside his room and seek for explanation."

"O-okay." the female nodded and with the rest behind her, she turned the doorknob and opened Haewon's room, greeting her with a rather surprised Haewon. 

"Minjee!" Haewon smiled and lively waved at her. "If you're going to ask me if I'm alright, I am." he smiled.

"... Liar." Minjee said, glaring at her own older brother. "You are definitely not okay."

"What are you saying? I am." 

"No! You are not! I know better than you do, oppa! It's your turn to tell the truth this time, oppa." 

"What are you saying, Kang Minjee? I am okay!"

"You. Are. Not!"

Realizing what her sister was saying, Haewon gasped and eyed everyone and for some reason, his eyes were fixed at Kris. He knew what was going on and he sighed heavily. "You asked the nurse, didn't you?" Haewon smirked and eyed EXO.

"We did." Kris nodded.  

"... Minjee, I can explain-" Haewon cried as he tried sitting up, but an crusing pain travelled to his chest area, making him fall down again on the bed. With that seen, Minjee hurried and ran towards her brother, holding his hand, her eyes showing tears will fall any time. "Oppa, just tell me what's wrong. I want to assure that the information I heard by accident is not true. Tell me you're not dying." Minjee sobbed.

"Min-"

"Tell me you're going to live because you promised so! Tell me you'll live!" Minjee cried as tears fnally escaped her eyes. "You promised so..."

"Minjee, listen to me, alright?" Haewon sighed as he looked at his sister. With the sight of Minjee in tears, Haewon felt a more painful pain cross him. "Look, I... I really am dying. I'm suffering stomach cancer, and there's nothing I can do about that. The suffering's ending soon and so is my life." 

"But oppa promised!"

"I know I did, but hey, nothing lasts forever, especially life. With ends come beginnings. It's a cycle. Do you understand, Minjee?"

"No! I don't understand and I don't want to understand!" 

"Minjee-"

"Haewon-oppa is living, not dying! I'm promising you will live!" Minjee cried harder as she covered her face with her small hands. "Please... I don't want you to leave."

"... I'm sorry." Haewon frowned and held his sister's hands. "I'll make it up to you with the days I still have in hand. I promise. No more work, no more interventions, no more leaving. We'll spend my days with just you and me... and maybe EXO too."

"Hey, hey, leave us out." D.O smiled. "We want Minjee and you to at least mend your broken sibling bond... thanks to the work and everything you have."

"It's just you and her." Suho nodded. "Leave us out."

"... Alright." he nodded. With that, EXO told Minjee that they'll be heading home and with her permission, the twelve headed out. With them out, Minjee learned more about her brother's true situation.

On how Haewon had learned of his stomach cancer three months ago and how he secretly asks for treatment every now and then in the same hospital. How he always have pain and everything but tends ot conceal it instead. 

And the reason of his paleness and previous vomitting.

They all were so clear now.

And yes, it pained Minjee to learn about the truth and despite not wanting to learn more, she had to. She needs to see the truth early as now or she'll be left answerless again. She hated it.

She hated other leaving her forever...

And that her questions were unanswered.

When her biological family died, she had no answers to her thousand questions.

And this time, she won't let anything like that repeat again.

"You promised though." Minjee frustratedly sighed as she hung her head low. "You said you'll stay beside me. You promised you won't leave me like mom and dad did."

"... Minjee... I might not be here anymore physcially, but I will always watch you from above, remember that." Haewon smiled and held his sister's hand tighter. "Forever will be beside you, I promise."

"You always promise but you also always break it!" Minjee angrily cried as she hit Haewon's hand lightly.

"I know I do, but this time, all promises will be coming true." 

"... What makes you sure?"

"Hello? I don't want to spend my days with broken promises, girl." Haewon playfully said, raising a brow at Minjee. With the tone of his voice, she knew that her brother spoke the truth and that assured her. A small smile formed on her lips as she nodded slightly. She placed her head on her brother's chest, drifting to a rather light sleep and moments later, Haewon closed his eyes as well, journeying the wonderful dream land he has with his beloved sister.

The days began to slip one by one...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 1. 

Minjee refused to attend school for a while and guard her brother, and despite the whining of Haewon to make Minjee go to school, she refused and sat beside her brother, watching him. 

Hours soon passed and Minjee was visited by Tao, Sehun and Kai. The two youngest brothers were still in their uniform and humbly brought some food they both bought and carried along. To her gratitude, she gave the two boys a tight bear hug and let them stay for a while. Meanwhile, Tao told Minjee that he'll help the female watch her brother, even willing to spend days in the hospital to be beside the female and Haewon. Of course, the two greatly appreciated his effort. Plus, Tao also needed to watch Minjee in case some "enemies" were to be in the hospital. 

Soon, Sehun and Kai headed home together, leaving Tao. "So, I heard that you are my sister's boyfriend, eh?" Haewon playfully asked, making Tao choke on his drink and cough badly. Of course, Minjee was to the rescue, gently patting the male's back. "Oppa!" Minjee laughed as she held Tao's shoulders.

"What?"

"... You told him?" Tao asked as he looked at Minjee, who tucked her hair behind her ear. "Nope." Minjee smiled and giggled softly. "He discovered on his own." 

"What? For real? Were we too obvious?!" Tao panicked.

"No, you weren't." Haewon grinned. "I mean, come on, we're talking about your and my sister's relationship, what kind of sibling wouldn't notice?" 

"... No wonder my brothers knew that easy too." Tao sighed.

"That's how sibling relationships work, Tao."

Laughing, the three were slowly warming up with each other, especially Tao, who was feeling a lot closer to the kind Haewon. Funny, because he never recalled Haewon back then being this open and warm to anyone but Minjee! In fact, this is rather the first time he ever warmed up on anyone! Funny, isn't it? 

But whatever the reason might be, he likes it. He likes how Haewon is this kind and everything. The first day slowly came to an end as the sun set and the moon rose and ruled the inky black sky. Minjee fell asleep on the couch, head on Tao's lap, who was lovingly caressing her. "Huang Zitao." Tao heard as he raised his head to looked at Haewon, who was calling him. "Yes, hyung?" Tao asked as he tilted his head.

"It makes me curious how you courted my sister. May I know how?" 

"Courted? What do mean?"

"Hey, have you never heard of the word 'courting' before?"

"... No?"

"Then how'd you earn Minjee's heart?"

"... I.... don't know. I just did, maybe because we love each other truly." Tao said as he looked at Minjee. "What do you like most about her, hm?" Haewon asked again.

"Everything about her." Tao smiled as he didn't remove his eyes from the sleeping princess. "The way her smile is as bright as the sun, the way her eyes sparkle, the way her black hair rides the morning breeze, her voice... everything. Most of all, her pure heart. She... isn't like any girls. She's different in a good way. She's nice, kind, polite, fun to be with, humorous, gentle, loving... she's perfect."

"Are you saying that truly?"

"Of corse I am. Everything's from the heart."

"Alright. I am well assured you'll take care of my sister well." Haewon smiled and nodded. "You look like a well man. You're perfect for my sister." he grinned. "May you last long together."

"We will."

"Oh, and-"

"And..?"

"You remind me of a friend Minjee met when we were younger." Haewon nodded as he looked at Tao's eyes. "A small wolf, always there for her no matter what. He's pretty loyal to her and loving. Very protective and everything. You two are exactly alike." he smiled.

"Really?" Tao smiled, despite knowing that Haewon was describing him as well, only as a wolf.

"Yes. Too bad he died. Minjee was really agonized of Tao's death. Hah, funny, you two share the same nickname too!"

"... Yes. Funny." he giggled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 2

This time, Haewon was given a permission to go out of the hospital to take some fresh air once in a while, of course, with Minjee's supervision. The two decided to take a small walk around Seoul while Tao went to visit his brothers and see if they're doing well. After dressing up, the two headed out and began their small sibling-date. 

Like what Minjee always wished and hoped for.

This was the first time Minjee and Haewon ever walked like this with no intervention. They were having lots of fun. They even did a few shopping, buying things they both like. They went to a photobooth and took a few memorable photos together. They stopped by for a few small snacks too.

"Minjee." Haewon called out as he looked at his sister.

"Yes, Haewon-oppa?" she blinked, looking up at her brother. "Is something wrong? Are you feeling okay?"

"Of course, but can I make a small request to go to?" he cutely asked.

"Sure! Where to?"

"To the place I work to." he smiled angelically, but that made Minjee's smile vanish as her face was given a rather worried expression. She frowned and hung her head low and afterwards, crossed her arms as she clicked her tongue. "Oppa, you're not supposed to work anymore in your condition."

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

"No! No you don't!"

"Minjee, please. I know what I really am doing. I promise."

"... Sure?"

"Yes."

"... Alright." she sighed in defeat and resumed walking. "Let's go." 

The two walked a few distance before they reached Haewon's working place. Entering the place made every step Minjee take quite heavier. She held onto her brother's hand tightly as if her dear life was hanging on the line. The two passed over Haewon's fellow work mates, who had their eyes on their work and seemed to have ignored the two.

"Here." Haewon said as he leads his sister to the elevator. After reaching the third floor, the two headed to a room with the label "Head Office" and with no hesitation, Haewon entered.

"Ah, Lim Haewon!" a middle aged man greeted as he stood up from his seat. "You're back!"

"It seems that I am, sir." Haewon nodded and held his sister close to him, earning the attention of the boss. "Who is she? I never knew you've got a girlfriend, Haewon!" the gray headed man grinned as he eyed Minjee. 

"Oh, no, sir. She's my younger sister, Kang Minjee." Haewon smiled. "Well, step sister actually."

"Oh! Never knew you had one! You do quite resemble each other in some points, and she is really adorable!" 

"Thank you." Minjee said shyly.

"So, have you decided to come back already? There are lots of paperwork you need to pass though so breaks would be quite handy at some time of work. Oh, and a CEO of a fellow company came here to visit and wants you to-"

"Sir, I'm not here for the works." Haewon emotionlessly said, turning from brightly faced into someone serious-looking. "What?" the gray headed male gasped. "Are you for real? You don't sound like yourself anymore, Mr. Lim."

"Maybe it's because of my situation, sir." said Haewon. "You see, sir, I'm suffering stomach cancer and my days are counted. I wouldn't be able to work well too even if I want to work back again. Plus, as much as possible, I want to spend my last days with my sister like we always wanted to. Work always stood in the way back then so this time, I want to make it up to Minjee."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should've know better." his boss sadly stated out as he walked towards Haewon. "If you must know, I would be supporting you if needed, just let me know. Your sister will be supported by us too."

"You don't mean that!" Minjee gasped in surprise, hearing that they will support her and her studies. "Of course we mean it, sweetheart!" the middle aged man smiled.

"T-thank you, sir!" Haewon smiled widely as he bowed down in gratitude.

"Anything for you, Haewon. You are rather our best worker to the point you don't get breaks for yourself anymore! It's just so sad that your days here in earth are counting down. It's just so... unacceptable."

"Sir, everything has its ends and I believe mine is near too. All I want though, after I leave, is that my sister is assured safe. She doesn't deserve any more torture." he smiled as he brought his sister closer to him. "She's... just so precious for any more pain."

"Oppa!" Minjee blushed as she playfully nudged her brother away. "You-!"

"Aw, you two remind me of me and my sister during my salad days." Haewon's boss laughed as he ruffled the two's hair. "Be sure that even if you two get separated, your strong bond will never break." he reminded.

"Of course!" the two nodded in unison. With that settled, the two headed out of the building, returning back to the hospital. The two were more than happy! Minjee witnessed how Haewon was so willing to sacrifice everything to be with her, and with that, making her happy counted. 

It was more than enough.

But still, it didn't make Minjee stop worrying about her brother and his condition.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 3.

Everyone of EXO visited them this time. They were there to chat and check up on Haewon, Minjee and of course, their dear  brother, Tao. Everyone was glad that Haewon was doing well and takes daily medicines and everything, and with Minjee's supervision, Haewon does things well. He rests, sleeps well, eats well and goes out of the hospital with her and Tao to get some fresh air.

Tao is always beside the siblings, guarding him like he used to. He watches them always, and never lets them go off his sight. He's always there, which Kris is very much glad and assured of. Seeing one of their youngest brothers standing up like a man he is for two humans is quite making them proud. Especially if this brother is one of the most fragile ones!

And to think of it, he's in love, which makes him greatly weaker! It's ironic because Tao gets stronger seemingly...

When the sun finally set, the brothers bid their goodbyes and went home, leaving the three yet again. The three were busy talking about things again, and feeling awkward to be near Minjee, Tao sat on the couch, reading a few books Xiumin had brought him lately. Minjee was reading a few books as well, which was given to her by Suho and Lay. Haewon was simply watching the television when he heard Minjee speak up.

"Oppa! Something just crossed me!" Minjee smiled and jolted up.

"What is it?" Haewon asked.

"You never really taught me how to ride a bike all these years!" Minjee pouted. "It's been years, oppa! You promised me that you'll teach me to ride a bike when I was fourteen but it never really came true. Aren't you going to teach me so, oppa?" 

"Minjee, it's late already." Tao worriedly said. "You shouldn't be going out anymore." he sighed.

"I know, but come on, we should treasure every second together. We don't know when... he'll go." Minjee frowned and was surprised when she felt Haewon move and sit up. "Haewon-oppa?"

"Then I'll teach you now." he nodded, grinning before holding Minjee's small, soft hands. "Come along, Tao." he smiled, inviting the yellow headed male along. Of course, the two obliged and followed Haewon.

The three went out of the hospital and headed to an open area somewhere in Seoul. Tao went back to his place and grabbed his bike, which he recalls, was given to him by no other but Kris on his eighteenth birthday as a gift. This time, he was letting Minjee use it and maybe some time, she could have her own bike when she learns how to ride it.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Minjee nervously asked as she rode the bike for first time. Yes, she is twenty years old and all those years, she never rode a bike!

"Of course it is." Haewon nodded, trying to calm Minjee as he held her slightly sweaty hands, which were shaking in fear. "Besides, I'm going to assist you in riding it."

"Sure?"

"I'll be right behind you!"

"... A-alright. Promise that you won't make me fall!"

"Of course."

Slowly, Minjee began pedalling. It was hard for her to balance the bike, but with Haewon assisting her behind, she slowly gained balance. She went to the left when she needed to go to the right and vice versa. She nearly fell but thanks to Haewon's quick moves, she didn't. 

It was hard. Very, very, very hard. Tao simply giggled in secret as he watched the female struggle into learning. The squeals, the screams, the mini-heart attack moments where she nearly fell, they were all too precious and funny.

"Oppa!!!" Minjee squealed here and there.

"It'll be okay. Just keep pedalling and you'll be good." Haewon cried as he held on the back of the bike. Minjee complied and did so, pedalling and pedalling like what her brother instructed her. She gathered the courage and pedalled faster.

Soon, she was getting the hang of it. "Oppa! I'm doing it!" she happily squealed as she felt herself biking for real. "Great! Just remember, I'm right behind you!" Haewon cried as he ran along with Minjee behind. Bit by bit, Haewon felt himself fading and falling down the ground as he began breathing deeper and deeper every step he took. Before he knew it, he had let go of Minjee's bicycle and was left with the choice of watching his sister pedal until the nearest lamp post. He panted and soon, his vision blurred.

"Oppa!" Minjee panted as she grinned, knowing that she accomplish something again. "I did it! I reached the lamp post! I did it!" she smiled, but with a familiar cry, her smile disappeared.

"Minjee!" Tao cried in fear. "Haewon-hyung collapsed! Minjee!"

"... Oppa?" Minjee gasped as she ran towards her unconscious brother in worry and panic. "Haewon-oppa! Oh no, Tao, carry him! Let's go back to the hospital, fast!"

"Alright!" Tao nodded and swung Haewon on his back and ran as fast as he can, following Minjee close behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 3.

"Pretty please, Minjee?" Haewon continuously whined as he began flailing his arms. 

"No! For the eleventh time, no!" Minjee cried in annoyance as she held Haewon's arms still. "Please! You just collapsed yesterday! I don't want that to happen again!" 

"But Minjee, I'll be more careful this time-"

"NO! What if something worse happens to you, huh? Have you ever considered that situation? Do you really want me to die in worry, oppa? Please! Be sensitive once in a while!" Minjee cried as she stomped. "Twenty-four years, Haewon! Twenty-four years of being too obnoxious! Why don't you try and be sensitive once in a while?"

"I am sensitive." Haewon pouted.

"No, no you aren't! You never were!" she wailed as she furrowed her eyebrows. "You weren't sensitive enough to feel that emptiness I felt whenever I am at home alone, waiting for you to come home late at night! You never noticed how much of a loner I am! You never were that sensitive to mend your broken promises! You never were! So, who are you to say that you, Lim Haewon, are sensitive?!"

"... You're beginning to sound like mom, Minjee." Haewon frowned as he switched his attention out of the window, making Minjee cool down and breathe deeply. "I'm sorry." the young lassie apologized. "Anger got in me."

"About time you noticed." Tao sighed and crossed his arms. "You shouldn't shout at a sick person like your brother, Minjee."

"I already said my apologies, Tao." Minjee sighed as she looked at her boyfriend. 

"... It's okay. It's not your fault anyway." Haewon sighed before a female nurse entered his room, carrying a clipboard on her arms. "Mr. Lim, your check-up is up." she said, making Minjee stand up and hang her head low. As her brother was taken away, Minjee felt like crying, but feeling Tao's hand over hers made her hold back those tears.

"You can do it." Tao smiled. "I'm right here, don't worry, okay?"

"... Will he be alright?" Minjee worriedly asked, her brows furrowed. "I.. I don't want oppa to go yet. Not now. Not yet." she began to sob as Tao pulled her closer to him. "He will be alright, I promise. Just... don't loose hope, Minjee."

"I won't even think of loosing hope." Minjee smiled as her tears dried up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 4. 

"Minjee." Haewon weakly called out as he tried to squint and adjust his eyesight in the dim lighting. There was a slight "hm" reply and that made Haewon eye his sister in the darkness. "Are you asleep?" he asked softly.

"I was." Minjee said as she rubbed her eyes. "Having troubles in sleeping?"

"... Yes."

"Aw, what can your dear sister do?"

"Sing me a lullaby, please? I haven't heard you singing for quite some time now." Haewon cutely asked as he held tight on Minjee's hand. "Please?"

"Oppa, my voice isn't that good when I'm stuck in situations like this." Minjee pouted as she held on her brother's hand back. "You understand that, right?"

"No fair, I sing you lullabies when you were little all the time." 

"But I'm a growing lady now."

"Even still!"

"... Fine, fine!" Minjee laughed in defeat and sat beside her brother. She closed her eyes and her voice came out. The honey-like song flowed through out the air, and that made Haewon smile. How long was it since he heard his sister sing like this? ... Years ago? He nearly forgot how Minjee sounded like whenever she sang. Her lullaby is just too unique and her voice is incomparable to anything.

Minutes later, her song stopped and when Haewon turned to see his sister, he saw the fair lady sleeping peacefully. He felt her warm hand over his trembling ones. He smiled. He would miss this sight once he goes. Sooner, he feels the cold wind kiss his cheek and in an instant, he saw a shadow on the end of his bed. "Darn, you're giving Minjee a hard time, you know?" a familiar, low voice said.

"Like it's my choice." Haewon snickered as he saw Kris standing in front of him. "You never really changed, Yifan."

"So did you, Haewon. Or should I address you as hyung now?"

"C'mon, we've agreed to cut off the formalities." Haewon laughed. "Anyways, what gave you the small visit?" he smiled. "Here to devour my poor weak body?"

"Don't be silly, I'm not the type to devour humans, boy. Plus, I won't eat a friend, it's against me." he smiled playfully as he eyed the sleeping Minjee. "She's too weak, what will ever happen to you once you cease?"

"I have no idea. She might go back and live with mom or so... she has no relatives here in Seoul." he sighed heavily in worry. "She has no where to go."

"If you want, we are ready to keep her." Kris smiled. "Besides, it is our duty to protect her." he smiled as his eyes glowed a bright scarlet tint.

"Hey, don't you dare devour her!" Haewon warned.

"We won't. Remember, we're her guards. Tao is her wolf and we're just here to support him and her. We won't devour this beauty ever." he smiled. "Rest assured she's safe in our hands."

"If that is true, then I'm leaving Minjee in your hands." he nodded. "Just... be the best brothers to her... brothers she always desired to have that never came."

"Are you nuts? You're everything she can ask for, Haewon!" Kris cried. "You're everything for her. No one can replace your position in her heart... not even Tao or us."

"I suppose that is true." he nodded. "Well then, it was nice seeing you again, dear wolf of mine." he smiled. "It's been years since I last saw you and I am rather glad you came by at my last day."

"Me too. It was nice seeing you again, Haewon." he nodded and bowed formally. "See you soon, dear master."

"Hey, I told you, off with the formalities, Yifan." he chuckled softly and waved his hand, and in one blink, Kris was gone yet again. A smile crossed his face as he finally closed his eyes, a tear escaping and rolling down his cheeks...

For the last time.

 

 

 

Day 5.

The sun rose up in the sky and the sweet hum of the birds filled the quiet hospital atmosphere. Minjee fluttered her eyes open and began stretching. She saw that Tao was gone and that Haewon was sleeping. He looked pale, but she knew that it was because he was sick.

Sleeping. He was just sleeping.

"Haewon-oppa must've been super tired." she whispered to herself and stood up, walking off the room. Her smile retained on her face as she hung her head low. Outisde, the whole EXO waited, much to her surprise. "Good morning, noona!" Kai smiled. "How was your sleep?"

"Fine." she smiled brightly.

"How's Haewon-hyung?" Lay asked in curiousity as he headed to the door, but was soon stopped by Minjee herself. "He's tired. He's still asleep. Don't bother him, okay?" she smiled.

"Sure? Because it's really late. He should've been awake minutes ago, Minjee." Baekhyun pouted, crossing his arms on his chest. "And to think of it, one of his nurses said his check-up is coming a few minutes later." Chanyeol added, nodding his head.

"But he's still resting." Minjee pouted. Chen was about to insist when they heard footsteps coming nearer to them. Minjee was alerted and she refused to step away from the door when she saw Haewon's nurses and doctor. She didn't want them to disturb her brother. 

"Ms. Kang, we're going to check on your brother." one of the nurses said as she reached for the doorknob, but Minjee quickly blocked it and shook her head, glaring at them. "My brother is resting, so leave him be." she sternly said.

"But, Ms. Kang, it's time for his check-up." another one of them stated out, but with the same reply, Minjee gave them that "cold look" of hers. "My brother and I stayed up late last night. He's tired. Leave him be." she repeated.

With the insists of the nurses, Minjee continued denying and blocking their way. A hand grabbed her arm, only to be revealed that it was D.O pulling her aside. "Let them in already, Minjee. Let them in." D.O said, but was fought back by the female. "No! They'll disturb Haewon-oppa! Let me go!" she wailed, tears escaping her eyes. "Let me go I say!"

"No! Let them in, Minjee." Luhan added as he and Sehun helped in pulling her aside. When she was successfully pulled out of the way, the group of nurses and doctor entered Haewon's room, making Minjee flail her arms and sob harder. She fell on Tao's arms soon, the male calming her down. Her sobs were ear-splitting for the twelve and at the same time, heart breaking.

"Let them out! They'll wake my brother up! Let my Haewon-oppa be!" she cried loudly as tears flooded down her eyes, rolling down her flushed red cheeks. "Please! Leave him be!"

"... Kris?" Xiumin called out as he eyed the taller guy beside him.

"Yes?" Kris asked, looking down at the older.

"Why are there tears rolling down your eyes? Are you crying?" Xiumin curiously asked as he tilted his head. "What's wrong, hyung?" Sehun asked later on.

"Did something happen? We've never seen you cry like this, hyung." Chen added.

"Something wrong?" Suho asked next.

"... Haewon is dead." he said in a faint voice as tears flooded down his eyes. With those words, Minjee's cries were louder and everyone was sent into a deep silence.

Dead.

Haewon IS dead.


 

Author's Note

And so it starts... ;~;

Haewon is dead... EM SO SORREHHHH I HAD TO KILL HIM ;; akshdgkhjasg

SOB SOB SOB... anyways, I just watched a Korean drama entitled "Wedding Dress". It's really heart-breaking and I do advice you guys to try and watch it. I got a few scenes there as an inspiration and everything. ;;

 

so, that's all,  peace out!