XXXV

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Third day.

D-day.

"Move it! Move it!" Kris voice softly echoed as he gestured the others to silently get out of the house. The pack slowly snuck out of their residence, Minjee held tightly by Tao as they ran out. Visibly, the sun has yet risen, and probably it wasn't even 2 in the morning! It was freezing outside even, and they didn't bother to wrap themselves up with at least a thin jacket or something.

"Hurry!" Xiumin called out.

"... Seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven. Yup! We're all complete." Suho reported. "Let's move it!"

Together, EXO ran down the empty streets of Seoul. Anytime, something in the shadows might just pounce at them and kill them. Imagine the fear and pain!

Of being killed by your own family. Hurts, right? Yeah, it's the same feeling the pack was eventually feeling.

Once they were quite distanced, they stopped and tried to catch their breath. Everyone was panting, especially Minjee. The way they ran off was rather tiring, especially because within the start of the day, Kai pounced on her in panic and literally pushed her off the bed. 

The next thing she knew, she was dressed in a suitable winter outfit and her bed hair was far from untouched! Minjee did also remember Kris calling out everyone to get moving. What else, Chanyeol even carried her when she refused to move an inch, and afterwards, Tao snatched her away from the taller. 

Afterwards, they're out in the city, where the cold air was actually killing them! 

"Where are we going again?" Minjee yawned as she walked beside Tao sluggishly.

"Away from here." Tao softly answered when he noticed Kris not answering. "If we stay here, most likely, we're going to get killed, so we're going far away from here."

"And specifically, where...?"

"Somewhere."

Minjee fell in silence. Does this pack ever come up with a worthly planning or such? Do they really know where to go as this "hunting" continues on to arise? "D-does my mother know about this?" Minjee worriedly asked.

"It's better if no one knew." Baekhyun whispered.

"... So, you're kidnapping me in other words?"

"We're not kidnapping you, Kang Minjee." Chen frowned. "We're just taking you to a better place with no proper asking from your mother."

"Which is indeed, kidnapping." Minjee sighed.

"We're not kidnapping you." Xiumin giggled. "Trust me, we'll just go away for a while, until this madness stops."

"... We'll be okay, right?" D.O trembled, answer by a worried nod by the younger Kai. "It'll be! I mean, we're all in this together! We're one and nothing can come and defeat us."

"Don't be so full, Jongin. All has their own weakness." Suho stated under his heavy panting.

"He's trying to be optimistic, Joonmyeon. Leave him be." Lay smiled faintly. "Besides, Kai has a point. We're going to make it."

"What's important is that everyone remains strong and together. We're a pack and we're one." Kris announced as they continued walking down the road. To their surprise, something cold landed above Tao's head, making his jolt up and squeal lightly.

"Something you said, Tao-hyung?" Kai blinked, and was rather shocked by a familiar cold sensation he felt on his nose. He stumbled backwards and crashed in front of D.O, who was now trapped underneath the taller.

"Off of me, now, Jongin! You're darn heavy!" D.O wailed.

"Guys, calm down." Minjee softly said and knelt in front of Kai, laughing. "Jongin, it's just snow." she said as little snow fell on her palm. "See?"

"Snow? It's... snowing?" Baekhyun squealed as he saw white stuff falling down from the sky. "It's beautiful!"

"Great, it'll be a lot harder for us to move with the great change in temperature." Kris cursed under his breath. "Hurry up, keep walking."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few walking, the pack and Minjee decided to stop and catch their slowly disappearing breath. Everyone was freezing to death, and with the climate changing into "snow", everyone was just annoyed yet at the same time, marvelled. The white snow falling down to their head was deadly cold, yet, unnaturally light.

"Aren't you cold?" D.O worriedly asked as he eyed the shiverring Minjee. "N-nah, I'm good." she smiled, but in reality, she was freezing badly. She was trembling and even if she wanted to stop, she won't. Winter clothes just won't give her the warmth she craved for.

"Here." Tao smiled and wrapped his arms around the female. "Better?"

"Mhm. A lot. Thanks." Minjee shyly smiled, placing her cold hands on top of Tao's hands. Her eyes were slowly getting heavy and how bad does she wants to drift off to dreamland. 

"Minjee!" Kris called out, freaking out the female and making her jolt up, hitting Tao's chin. "Don't even think about sleeping for a second! You'll die in the cold!"

".. B-but I'm-"

"No excuses! Keep awake, and I'm addressing to everyone." Kris glared, making everyone nod in defeat. Everyone remained quiet and simply tried to warm themselves up. Kris, though, was dazed and focused to his surroundings. The slightest sound alerts him. 

And again, he jolts up a few seconds later.

"Run." he whispered, confusing everyone. "Gege?" Tao blinked.

"Get up and run!" he cried, making everyone get up on their feet and run away quickly. Minjee was pulled up by Tao and along with the others, EXO began running like there's no tomorrow. Fear raised up on them.

And adrenaline was running in their veins.

"Wh-what's going on, hyung?" Lay cried.

"They're here! They've located us!" Kris cried as he ran and tried looking back.

"Who?" Suho asked. "And how many are they?"

"... I'm not sure, but surely, they're fewer than us!"

"Four? Five? How many?" Chanyeol whined, but was soon stopped when he heard a crash a few metres away from them. In that moment, five females crashed in front of them, eyes glowing in blood-red color. "Five, Chanyeol, dear." Jessica smiled sweetly.

"Why! You've grown a lot, EXO! Look at how handsome you wolves are!" Yuri clapped before squealing. "And look at you, Baekhyun! You look exactly like your big brother, Baekbom!" Yoona smiled.

"Yifan! You've grown a lot!" Tiffany smiled.

"You've grown tall as well too, Chanyeol!" Sunny smiled.

Silence.

"Oh dear heavens, not you five." Suho clicked his tongue. "Not you of all-"

"Aw, aren't you happy to see us?" Sunny grinned. "And wait, aren't you twelve? Where's Luhan and Sehun?"

"... Don't pretend like you don't know!" Chen growled. "You clearly know they died!"

"Oh my, theydid? We had no idea!" Tiffany mockingly laughed as she crossed her arms. "Well, they were the weak ones anyway, so maybe they had a reason to die."

"You heartless freak!" Kai cried.

"Talk of yourself, Jongin. Don't worry." Yoona grinned. 

"... What actually makes me wonder is how you've actually foresaw how we're going to ambush you." Jessica thought. "Perhaps someone conveyed our plans?"

"No. No one dared to do so." Kris cuts off. "We found it out on our own."

"Oh really?" the five mockingly laughed. "So, let's not waste any more time, shall we? I want to end this in a second!" Jessica announced as she flashed a smirk.

"Indeed. It gets boring when, y'know, it gets too long." Sunny pouted. Within a milli-second, the five charged the twelve and within no more than ten seconds, EXO were off their feet. Minjee was cornered by the five, and without no one to protect her, she's helpless.

She was weak.

"It's in the chain, honey. Humans are below wolves." Yuri smiled sweetly. "So be a good and nice lil' girl and come here so we can end this thing already."

"I-I'm not giving up!" Minjee spitted out.

"Aw, and you think you can come up against us?" Tiffany laughed loud. "What a brave kiddo!"

"Tao! Help!" she cried out as she was about to get pulled and hit by Yoona. Thankfully, Tao did hear her cry and jumped in to save her, thus, driving the five away. Soon, Kris got up and began to defend the human female, growling bravely at the female wolves. 

"Lead her away here!" Kris cried, and within a second, Tao had carried the fazed female on his back and ran off. Of course, Tiffany and Jessica chased the two down. Meanwhile, Sunny, Yoona and Yuri were left to deal with the remaining wolves, who just got up from the white ground.

Without any second thinking, Kai and D.O were in perfect coordination and easily wiped Yuri down. Unfortunately, Kris was pounced by a rather strong Yoona, but was helped by Baekhyun and Suho to try and defeat the female. Chanyeol fell under Sunny's trap and even he's helped by Chen and Lay, they eventually failed.

"Kris!" Suho called out. "Follow Tao! He won't be able to take on the two!"

"I'm on it!" Kris nodded as he ran in the same direction the young couple took. Hurriedly, the leader ran after the fragile wolf and his mate where as Suho, the co-leader, focused on minding his brothers.

"Aw, I see none of you became any stronger!" Sunny mocked.

"Shut up!" Chanyeol growled as his eyes glowed blood-red. 

"You have no idea what we had to go through!" Baekhyun added, his red-eyes radiating.

Suddenly, a strong pull had shifted Sunny's attention. Without her knowing, she actually found herself thrown in another side that her back received a great impact. Everyone stopped, even the females, and had their eyes on one wolf.

Xiumin.

Eyes were blood-red. He was definitely not the brother they knew that was gentle and everything. "Ah, I think I was wrong." Sunny smiled.

"Umin seems to have gotten a lot stronger!" Yoona clapped. "This'll be interesting!" Yuri giggled. "Let's do this, shall we? Let's dance, Minseok!"

With no words, Xiumin charged the females, along with the rest of his brothers behind. The the female's surprise, even if he was alone, Xiumin could defeat them! He had gotten a lot stronger and what confused them more was that Xiumin, as far as they know, would be  alot merciful.

But now?

He was anything but merciful.

He didn't care if he hit Yoona hard that it actually made her head bleed. He didn't care if he broke a few bones in Yuri's perfect body. He didn't care if he threw Sunny around like there was no tomorrow. 

Xiumin didn't care less that a puddle of blood dripped from the weak females.

"Goodness, you're stronger than we think." Yoona laughed.

"You haven't seen half of it." Xiumin playfully smirked before charging again. A swift attack was given to the female and in solid three seconds, she was below him. Begging for mercy, Yoona tried to ask Xiumin to get off, and eventually, have her sisters help her as well. Alas, busy with their own battles, Yoona had no help nor mercy given.

"Stop this, Kim Minseok!" Yoona begged, but to her fear, it wasn't Xiumin in front of her. It was not Minseok neither.

Beast. A wolf beast gone berserk. "Help! Help me-!"

Crack!

"Dead." Yuri gasped as she heard that faint cracking. She saw Yoona, lifeless. "You heartless-!"

CRACK!

"Yuri! Yoona!" Sunny cried as she saw her sisters lifeless and blood-clothed. Soon, before she even knew it, from Suho's attacks, she found herself being choked by a merciless and red-eyed Xiumin, who kept a rather emotionless face up. His grip slowly tightened, slowing down her death and paining her more.

"Xiumin-hyung!" D.O called out, noticing the different actions his brother did. "Stop it! You're hurting her!"

"Xiumin-hyung! Stop!" Kai begged.

"... That's not Xiumin." Chen gasped as he ran towards the older brother, grabbing the older by his shoulders and trying to stop his beastly way of killing. Alas, too late as Sunny soon closed her eyes and breathed her last. DEAD.

"Get out of my way, Kim Jongdae!" Xiumin snapped as he grabbed Chen by his collar. Knowing what was next, Chen didn't dare to fight back as Xiumin's blood-like eyes glared at his. He took one deep breath and waited for the next events.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tao! They're catching up!"  Minjee panicked as she found the two females catching up on them. Soon, Tao stopped when he heard the two crash and a familiar growl fill the surroundings. "Who was that?" Minjee blinked as she saw the snow cover up the scene.

".. Gege!" Tao cried as he carefully placed Minjee down. "Stay here, Minjee."

"But-"

"No but's! Just stay here." Tao said and ran towards the snow. Minjee, doing what she was told to do so, just kept still and stood, shivering in the cold. 

Underneath the cold snow, Tao and Kris flawlessly battled with Tiffany and Jessica, not even giving up with the two. A few scratches, pouncing and hitting were exchanged and yes, both sides were rather wounded badly. Blood dripped from Kris' lower lip and a few scratches were given on Tao's left arm and blood oozed slowly.

Tiffany and Jessica were wounded badly too. Wounds, scratches and a few bruises. It actually shocked them that the two were that strong after a few years passed! And it wasn't that long neither!  

"Hah, strong, I see?" Jessica panted.

"It's quite surprising for us too." Kris smirked. "I never knew we'd come this far with you two around."

"Neither have I. Especially for Zitao there." Tiffany joked. "He looks like he'll collapse any time soon."

"Stop talking nonsense." Tao growled. "Just because of Minjee doesn't mean I'll be weaker than I already am! Deal with it, she makes me stronger!"

"That's crap talk. You're just saying that because your so-called mate is there and you want to impress." Tiffany teased. "What'd you like about her anyway? She's too plain!"

"Stop it." Tao hissed.

"She's not even a beauty! She's nothing compared to SNSD or to f(x) you killed! She isn't worthy to have a wolf like Tao as a mate! Kris, are you sure you're being a leader you are?"

"Stop!"

"Ditch her." Jessica smirked. "Ditch her, devour her and abandon her and we might think for a second time and bring you back to the clan-"

"Shut your ing mouth up!" Tao snapped as he charged once again, this time, stronger with anger. Kris took Tiffany's shocked state and mercilessly pinned her down the ground, not minding if the female was hurt. There were lots of exchange of attacks and not wanting the innocent human see any, Tao had to cover the four of them with a thick snowy smoke-like barrier, keeping her vision of them blurred.

"Tao! Tao!" Minjee called out, worried dead for the male. "Zitao! Kris-oppa!"

Finally, the blurry-barrier simmered down and what Minjee last saw was Tao unconsciously carried by Kris. Behind them, Jessica and Tiffany lay down on the soft blanket of snow. Lifeless and covered in red.

"Tao!" Minjee cried out as she ran towards the two, worry written all over her. After the golden-brown headed wolf placed Tao down the soft snow, his eyes slowly opened and a faint smile was given to the worried female. "I'm alright." Tao whispered, smiling.

"Don't lie. You obviously aren't." Minjee giggled, flicking his forehead lightly, sure not to cause any pain to the other. "You're all beat up."

"It'll be gone." the male replied.

"Come on, on your feet." Kris instructed, a gentle tone heard as he offered a helping hand to the wounded brother. "Yixing can surely heal your wounds, Zitao. The pain will soon be gone."

"Mhm." Tao smiled, holding tightly on Minjee's cold hands as they tried walking back to their brothers, in hope that they've succeeded as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Joonmyeon!" Kris called out as he ran towards the seemingly frozen brothers. Everyone had their heads hanging low and Lay was literally crying on Suho's shoulder. Minjee was rather taken a back when she saw Sunny, Yoona and Yuri's bodies lifeless and clad in their own crimson liquid. Everyone was seemingly dazed and that confused the three.

"You've succeeded?" Tao asked, which was answered by a slight nod by Suho.

"W-what happened? What's wrong?" Kris worriedly asked as he slowly took steps closer to his brothers. To his surprise, it wasn't just Lay sobbing, but the eldest brother as well. Xiumin was on his knees, his hands covering his tear-filled face. On his hand, trails of fresh blood was clearly seen.

"Chen-oppa!" Minjee cried in horror as she saw Chen covered in a few blood trails and have lots of scratches and bruises on his body. His eyes were closed and his skin was pale, a sign that life existed not for the poor male. Tears flowed down everyone's faces, and more fell down on Minjee's. The horror and grief that suddenly rose in her was unbearable.

"W-who did such horrible stuff...?" Kris breathed at the fearsome sight. "Who killed Jongdae?!"

"... I did."

All eyes fell on Xiumin, who managed to calm himself down but failed miserably in stopping his tears. "I-I did it, Yifan. I killed Chen."

"You did...?" Kris asked in disbelief.

"I never meant to. If only... he didn't step in and I didn't loose it. He wouldn't be dead. I never wanted to steal his life away, I swear!" Xiumin cried miserably. "I never wanted to kill my brother!"

"... Xiumin-hyung lost it." Kai tried explaining in broken sobs. 

"When he lost it, he defeated those three." Baekhyun explained, pointing at Sunny, Yoona and Yuri. "But he never knew he did. He snapped and let his uncontrolled beast out." Chanyeol added.

"And at the same time... he killed Chen by accident." Lay completed. "Chen didn't resist and just stood there as his life was ended. He closed his eyes and smiled and put up zero defense, making his death quick and easy."

"He didn't dare to fight me back because of his stupid respect over me. I hated it." Xiumin sobbed. "And I can never forgive myself for such."

Noticing the fear and astonishment on Minjee's face, Tao pulled the obviously-afraid female near him, burying her face on his chest. "It'll be alright. Don't look at it." Tao softly whispered, patting the back of Minjee's head. Of course, the sobbing continued but the pack had to move on.

"Give Chen a rightful death." Kris instructed. Lay nodded and picked up a few white flowers near the scene and carefully, placed it on Chen's cold hands. Together. the group buried Chen under the snow, tears dropping.

"Rest in peace, dear brother." Kris whispered before standing up and gesturing everyone to walk. Minjee looked back at Xiumin, who didn't stop crying.

"I broke my promise to protect you, didn't I, Chen?" Xiumin sobbed as he looked back at his brother's snow grave in grief, anger.

And guilt.