XXIX

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Noona?" Sehun gasped as he saw Minjee running, her hands covering her face. "Noona!" he cried as he grabbed Minjee by her shoulders, forcing her to stop on her track. "Noona, what happened? What's wrong? Are you crying?"

With the worry in his voice, the others crowded Minjee, soon, worried to hell as well. "Minjee!" D.O cried out as he saw the female crying. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Minjee. Talk to us, what's wrong?" Suho cried.

"Minjee. Come on, talk." Baekhyun pleaded, holding the younger's cold hands. "Please?"

With no words, Minjee broke free and ran off just as Tao and Kris entered the scene. In the state of shock still, the twelve were left motionless, their eyes just watching Minjee escape from their arms, sobbing heavily. A few seconds later, Lay snapped himself back to reality and faced the leader with worry-filled eyes. "Gege, what's gotten into Minjee? Why was she crying?" the dimpled brother asked.

"She heard our conversation." Kris answered in a low voice.

"Conversation about what?" Chen blinked.

"About that female wolf back then." Kris answered.

"You mean... Tao's supposed-to-be mate?" Chanyeol asked, blinking a few more times, which was answered by a nod by the leader. "Eh, didn't Tao broke up with her? By broke up, meaning, broke the vow of mating?" he asked, sending Kris have widened eyes.

"What?"

"I tried to tell you, Kris, but if continued slipping off my mind." Luhan sighed in guilt, his eyes avoiding the eldest's. Again, Kris faced Tao, whose arms were crossed and his eyes showing fury. "I tried telling you, gege, but you refused to listen!" Tao hissed.

"You never told me." Kris cried back.

"Because you never listened!"

"Sheesh, simmer down, everyone!" Xiumin commanded, instantly obeyed by everyone. "We need to calm down for a while and think things through. Kris, calm yourself down. Don't pressure yourself and prison yourself in anger and misunderstanding!"

"... I won't." Kris nodded.

"So, what do we do now?" Suho asked.

"Chase noona of course!" Sehun cried as he sprinted away, astonishing everyone in the scene. "Sehun! No- Come back here! Hey!" Luhan cried as he tried to stop the youngest from running any further away. Unfortunately, he failed and Sehun vanished to the horizon within seconds.

"I'm going after him!" Luhan cried as he sprinted, hoping to catch up with the silver-headed younger. Soon, everyone ran and tried to chase Luhan and Sehun...

And, of course, Minjee.

What in the world have I done... Tao hissed as he ran ahead of his older brothers, wanting to catch up with his younger brother, Sehun, and Minjee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Noona!" Sehun called out as he kept on chasing Minjee, who refused to stop running ahead of him. "Minjee-noona, please! Please, stop running! Noona-!" 

"Leave me alone, Sehun!" Minjee cried as she stopped on her tracks, finally making Sehun grab her by her arms. "Please, I want to be alone for a while."

"I can't do that. I hate seeing you alone." he frowned.

"I know, but this situation needs me to be alone for a while. Please, just... go back with your brothers."

"No!"

"Stop being hard-headed and go back with your brothers, Oh Sehun!"

"No!"

Why do you always stick up with me. Minjee thought as she covered her face with her small hands, not wanting to let Sehun see her tear-filled face. You... you're supposed to stick with your pack, not with a human. "Just leave, Sehun. Please." she begged.

"No." Sehun insisted, tightening his grip on the female's arm. "I'm not going anywhere. Once I make a promise, I don't break it. I'm staying beside noona's side and I won't let noona be alone again. You've got me, noona. Sehun won't leave you." he smiled.

"... Why?"

"Why? Because it hurts Sehun seeing noona cry." he smiled. "Smiles fit you more!"

"... Stop it-"

"It's better to smile than cry." 

"Sehun-"

"I hate seeing noona cry too-"

"Then go! Just go if you don't want to see me cry then! I ain't forcing you to look at me with this stupid tears anyway! Just go back and scamper back to your darn pack!" Minjee yelled.

"... Noona-"

"Just go! I don't need you!" she hissed and ran away again, leaving Sehun astonished and paralyzed for a while. Upon hearing those painful words, Sehun was confused. Should he chase her again or go back to EXO like the female ordered him to do? Will he?

"Sehun!" he heard a familiar voice call out and as he turned around to see, he knew it was Luhan. He didn't want to go back and leave Minjee just like that. He didn't want to leave her. 

"Sheesh! You shouldn't run off like that, you little rascal!" Xiumin exclaimed as he grabbed Sehun by the arm.

"Why'd you run off like that?" Luhan scolded. "You're gonna let me die early, Oh Sehun! Never do that again!"

"I..." Sehun sighed. "I can't just let noona run off like that. I don't want to see her alone."

"Sehun, give her some time alone. She needs it now." Chen said, crossing his arms. "Let the girl be."

"... But-"

"No, Sehun. Leave her be." Baekhyun added. Sehun sighed in defeat, nodding and obeying his brothers. The group was just about to go back to their residence when Sehun flinched and stopped on his tracks, making everyone wonder and look back at him. "Something wrong?" Kai asked.

"Is there anything bothering you?" D.O asked.

"... Minjee-noona..." he mumbled.

"We've gone through this." Kris said. "Let her be-"

"-She's in trouble." Sehun finished, making Tao have widened eyes. "Say what?!" Tao literally screamed in horror upon hearing Sehun's words. Everyone froze in shock as they heard the youngest's words.

"She's in trouble!" Sehun cried as he sprinted away yet again, making all run after the silver-headed boy. Thanks to their advanced skills, the twelve were capable of catching up with the youngest in no time. There, they saw Sehun, taking a turn on the second block and hurriedly, they ran after him.

"Sehun!" Luhan kept crying out as he tried to reach out for the younger. "Sehun!" he panted. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why do you keep on running after me? I'm just a human, and I'm nothing but your prey.

You even told lies to me. 

Why?

Why did you do this? I thought of things that never really were true.

"It hurts, don't you see?" Minjee sobbed as she kept on running, her teary eyes making her vision blurred. She can barely see anyone or anything anymore, no thanks to her tears. She kept on running and no matter how much Minjee wanted to stop running, she can't. Her legs refused to stop, and it pissed the heck out of her.

She kept on remember Tao and Kris' conversation, and it felt as if numerous knives stabbed her poor heart. She wished it would be over now.

She wished to see Haewon for this moment.

She wanted to cease existence.

Finally, Minjee stopped running. She leaned on the cold wall on a dark alley, panting heavily and hot tears rolling down her pinkish cheeks. She soon fell on her knees, sobbing. "I never really was meant to exist in the first place." she whispered to herself. "Wolves can devour me anytime, and I wish they would. It's making me face things harder and harder per day. Why can't you just get me, mom? Dad? Haewon-oppa?"

"I should've died ten years ago anyway."

Again, she found herself running to no where after regaining strength. She had her eeys pool with tears and she barely noticed where she was going anymore. She didn't care anymore.

She hated everything.

"Noona!" a familiar voice called out, making her flinch and stop, turning her back to see who it was. Too late was it for her to notice that a speeding car was heading her way. She heard the car honk at her loudly but because she was too dumbfounded by the events, she was incapable of movement. She knew what would come next.

Death.

"Noona, watch out!"

Crash!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minjee soon opened her eyes, a sharp pain crossing her whole being. Her vision was still a bit shaky and blury, but she knew what was lying in front of her. She saw the car lights in front of her, blinking. The driver stood in front of her, and eleven more men. Soon, there was a crowd standing in front.

Her vision slowly cleared and her eyes widened upon seeing who was in front of her.

"Sehun?" she gasped as she saw the silver headed boy, clad in blood and lying motionless a few feet away from her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Quickly! We need medical attention here!"

"Bring in the doctors! This kid's status is going down!"

"Hurry! We need attention here!"

Those were the words Minjee heard continuously. She was placed in a white bed, tended by a few nurses for her wounds were quite deep. She and Sehun were brought to the hospital by EXO and a few good souled citizens. After arriving in the hospital, she and Sehun were took in different rooms. Sehun was rushed straight to the emergency room while Minjee was tended in anotehr different room.

She has no idea now what was going with Sehun. A few minutes later, the nurses left her and were replaced by the whole EXO. Tao wasted no time and gave her a tight hug and for some reason, she felt light in the other's arms. She hugged back tightly, Tao sensing how scared the female was. "It's okay. I'm here now. I'm sorry." Tao softly said as he tightened his hug around the poor girl. 

"You've misunderstood things, Minjee." Lay smiled as he patted the female's head. "Kris didn't knew neither, so you must've heard and thought things wrong."

"Tao broke his vow with that female wolf years ago, long before we even got a chance to meet you again. Kris never knew so he misunderstood things as well." D.O added.

"I hold everything responsible, forgive me, Minjee." Kris apologized.

"... Explains everything enough." she smiled faintly. "It's okay. I broke down easily, I also have the right to say sorry and for you guys to be angry at me-"

"Minjee, we'll never get angry." Xiumin smiled.

"But... Sehun-"

"He'll be fine." Luhan answered, smiling faintly. "That kid's strong. He won't fall that easily. Plus, as much as I know that brother of mine, he didn't want you hurt. He did it for you, and I am actually quite proud of his bravery." 

"You.. aren't angry at me?" she blinked.

"No. We've faced lots of things worse than this." Kai answered. "And if Sehun conquered them all, he can conquer this one too."

"... Let's just hope, alright?" Kris said, making everyone nod.

Hours passed and the group waited for, hopefully, positive results. Minjee was incapable of sleeping, and so were the others. Soon, a male doctor called the group to head to a particular room, most probably where Sehun was placed after the check-up and treatment.

In the room, the group saw Sehun, laying down on the bed, bandages around his bruised and scratched body. Most of all, the bandages around his head and eyes made Minjee gasp and feel a lot guiltier than usual. "Sehun?" she called out. "Noona? Is that you?" Sehun answered.

"Mhm. Sir, what's the news? Is Sehun going to be alright?" Minjee worriedly asked. 

"... Well, there's good and bad news." the doctor answered. "What's the good news?" Chanyeol worriedly asked.

"Mr. Oh didn't have any major injuries due to the car accident, only a few scratches and miraculously, no torn muscles or broken bones! He's actually having lots of luck!"

"And... the bad news?" Luhan gulped.

"... Ah, that. Well, during the crash, Mr. Oh had his optic nerve as the most damaged nerve in his body. We tried fixing it but-"

"... Failed?" Tao gulped. "So, that means-"

"If the optic nerve is the one greatly affected, is Sehun...?" Kai trembled.

"I'm sorry, but we tried. Oh Sehun is... blind."

Time stopped with those words. Luhan bursts into tears as he ran towards the pitiful youngest brother, who couldn't believe his own hearing as well. Sehun had gone blind and Minjee collapsed due to shock. She couldn't believe that saving her...

... Led to Sehun loosing his sight.