IV

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What the-?! What was that for?!" Minjee cried after she pulled away from the surprising kiss. Without any hesitation, she pushed the shadow away her. Once she retreated her hands, she felt something warm around her fingers. She walked towards the bright light and she nearly screamed.

Blood. Crimson blood was clading her fingertips!

"Holy-! What the?" she fell in shock, paralyzed by the events that came falling for her. She averted her eyes on the fallen figure just a few feet in front of her and fear was replaced by pity. She slowly crawled to him and with shaky hands, she tried to reach for the fellow's back. "Hey, a-are you alright? Hey?"

To her confusion, she felt something metalic on his hand. Yes, her hands just travelled and met the stranger's hand, and it was kind of weird and freaky that his touch felt familiar.

Yet, she was sure she just saw and met him today.

And she doesn't even know his name! How could she have some stupid thoughts that she met this random stranger who, by any chances, took her first kiss out of the blue!

Ugh, so much for a great day. She thought and mentally slapped her forehead before looking at the energy drained man. "Excuse me? Hello? Are you still up?" she repeatedly asked, and right after her fourth repetition of the question, she heard voices echo. It was too familiar that the moment the sound rang through her ears, she jolted and knew exactly whom those voices belonged.

"Sehun? Kai?" Minjee gasped in shock as she saw the two younger boys in front of her, panting after running quite a distance. "What're you two doing here? At this time?" she asked.

"Calm down! We were, um... where did you find him?" Kai asked as he pointed at the unconscious man lying comfortably on Minjee's lap. "Where was he?"

"Him? Oh, I don't know. He just came here and kissed me!" Minjee cried in anger.

"Kissed you- What?!" Sehun gasped and quickly, tried to help the man up. "Oh geez, he's growing worse and worse everyda- wait, is he wounded?!"

"There's blood on his shirt. Not good. This is so not good." Kai scowled as he placed the man's arm around his shoulder, the other around Sehun's shoulder. "We're taking you home, Tao."

And in that moment, Minjee jolted up. The familiar name rang a bell in his mind and made her jaw fall in astonishment. The familiar name brought everything back to her, fresh and golden. That feeling hanging heavy in her chest hasn't been felt by her herself for years! For seven straight years. "What did you call him again?" she asked, her voice shaky and soft.

"Tao." Sehun repeated. "His name's Tao."

"T-Tao?" Minjee shivered, her hands on , tears beginning to pool down her eyes. It can't be him. No, it cannot be him-

"Tao's just a nickname for him though." Kai blurted out. "His real name's Zitao. Huang Zitao to be exact."

"Huang... Zitao?" Minjee blinked, wiping the threatening tears on the rim of her eyes. She smiled. Foolish. He's gone, Minjee. Accept that fact. Anybody can have the name Tao, idiot. "I see." she smiled in frustration.

"Something wrong, noona?" Sehun asked.

"No. He just... his name reminded me of a dear friend of mine."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My childhood friend." she smiled yet again, and this time, she wasted no time and helped the two carry "Tao". He was unconscious and his face was angelic despite the scratches and bruises. He was helpless. "Um, is he your brother too?"

"Yes, the most fragile and yet, the real troublemaker of the family." Kai laughed. "Hyung here is quite the reason of mostly all our troubles!"

"He is?" With this angelic face? You must be kidding me, Oh Sehun. "That's... um, bad?"

"It's hell!" Kai sighed and slowly walked off. "Anyways, we'll see you, noona! Good night."

Minjee stood there, still and thinking. A few more thinking, and a bucket of courage as well, made Minjee cry out and stop the boys from dragging Tao away. "We should treat his wounds first, don't you think? If those get infected, it'll be worse!" Minjee said, worry written all over her face.

"S-sure." the two nodded.

"Come on. We should.. yet where?" Sehun asked.

"... In your dorm?"

"Um, not a good pick." Kai laughed softly.

"... In my house?"

"You're brother's scary as heck!" the two cried out.

"Oh, grow up. He's not that scary... just threatening and ugly." she laughed by the joke. "But hey, that's the only place we can go to! I'm complete with first aid things and everything."

Thinking it would be the best, the two juniors nodded in unison and followed Minjee's ways. The group then went on and headed to Minjee's residence. Wasting no time, Sehun decided to carry the beaten up Tao and run, just to quicken things up. They can't let Tao be like that for some time, it'll just get worse!

 

The starless night.

And twelve stars shone.

Lighting up the once lightless sky.

"We're back." Sehun called out as he opened the door. Nine men waited in the living room, and once they saw the trio, they all stood up, surprise carved clearly in their faces.

Except D.O, he had worry written all over his face clearly... "Oh my- what the heck happened to Tao?!" he cried out in worry, running over them. "What happened? Why is he all jacked up?"

"We have no idea. We just saw him by the alley, wounded with noona." Kai answered as he put down Tao on the couch, just beside Lay. His head lay down peacefully on Xiumin's lap as Tao retained unconscious.

"You saw him with that Minjee girl?" Baekhyun asked, more shocked than ever. "Well, did he do anything to her? Did he see who he really is?-"

"Baekhyun, calm yourself down, okay?" Chanyeol laughed, patting the shorter man's back. "I'm sure Tao didn't do anything to her!... did he?" he asked, turning around to look at Kai and Sehun.

"Well, does him kissing a girl count?" Sehun asked innocently.

"He did what?!"

"Are you serious? Tao kissed Minjee?" Chen cried, standing up in astonishment.

"Of course it counts! Ugh, now Tao's brought that noona of yours into trouble!" Luhan cried out in frustration as he scratched his head. "Oh no, what are we to do?"

"It'll be easy to locate her then now that Tao left his scent on her! She's in this mess along with us." Xiumin sighed.

"What are we to do then?" Lay asked as he ran his left hand on Tao's pale yellow colored hair.

"Kris?" Suho called out, turning to the group's "leader". Kris, though, was the only one remaining calm and his eyes were glued onto Tao. He thought and stayed silent, as per usual, and it made others cease down a bit. "Is something wrong?" Suho asked Kris. Silence. "Kris?"

"Can you please keep your mouth shut for a while?" Kris growled and glared at everyone. He then stood up and carried Tao on his arms, carrying him to his room. Everyone remained quiet and began to pnic in their thoughts.

Inside the room, Kris simply sat there, quiet and watching the poor wounded brother. It didn't take quite long when Tao finally regained consciousness. His hand went up to his head, holding it as he winced in pain. Not even a single memory retained in his mind after the harsh night he had, but yes, he can never forget the pain he has now! Seeing that the leader was beside him, Tao blinked a few times before tilting his head a bit. "Gege?" he softly said. "Where... what happened?"

"I'm supposed to ask that to you, Huang Zitao." Kris laughed softly. He patted the younger's head and smiled faintly. "Geez, you're all jacked up, boy, like always."

"Yeah. I guess I am." Tao laughed softly and looked at his arms and legs. He saw that he was wearing some new clothes than the clothes he wore when he had the great fighting lately. "I guess I faced quite worthy opponents lately."

"Still, Tao, you should stop it. It's bad for you to get beaten up always. We worry for you. We worry for everyone."

"I know, I know. But everyone keeps teasing me that I'm the fragile one, when in reality, I can be a strong and independent one! Most of all, I can be the brave guy!"

"Tao, bravery and strength isn't always seen in fighting."

"... But still-"

"I'll tell the others, okay? To stop teasing you about it."

"... Okay, gege." Tao smiled."

"Now, let's go treat your wounds, okay? Bandages won't let them get healed." Kris stated out, grabbing some disinfectant medicine and some cotton balls. Carefully, he treated the younger's wounds lovingly, like an older brother he is. Well, being a leader comes with a lot of responsibility, and that is taking care of s. Tao is not only a member, but his younger brother as well that he cares the most for. "Sheesh, these scratches are deep. Can't you really remember what happened?"

Tao thought. "I can't." he answered seconds later. Half of it was a lie.

True, the poor fellow had no recollections on how he gained the wounds. Of course, his enemies were strong, how else can he get such deep wounds and bruises on him? Next, he can remember a few parts, but not those when he fought. The part where his lips touched a female's lips.

The face.

The voice.

The scent.

Everything about her.

They magically retained in his head and along with this, was carved in his heart forever. He knew who he had just encountered lately, and there is no mistake who that girl can be.

Who else?

Kang Minjee. Seven years of not seeing that young girl, and within that seven years of loosing contacts with her, Tao never knew that she'd grow up into that kind of woman. He sensed a different aura and her eyes glimmered under the moon differently.

He can clearly remember how weak her aura was and that drove him to protect her. It was the main reason he resided with her for three straight years, until that accident came about. He had reasons of running away.

Tao can clearly remember how weak her aura was, on how helpless she was.

But now?

She had this strong will and a fearsome aura. She was no longer that helpless little girl! She's an independent girl and Tao knew that with just one smell of her scent. Her scent gave all the information he needed. Oh, how happy was he to learn that Minjee grew up well.

"Tao?" Kris called out, tapping the younger's shoulder, making Tao wince in slight pain. Kris just hit his bruise. "Oh, sorry. Are you okay now?"

"Yes. Thank you, gege." Tao smiled like a glad child. He then faced the older man and his eyes twinkled. "Can you please call Sehun or Kai? If possible, let both come..."

"Sure. I'll just call them." the golden browned haired man nodded and stood up. Tao simply waited there patiently and quietly. Within a minute, he saw the silver haired and brownish red haired younger ones enter his room. "Hey." Tao smiled.

"Yah, hyung, everyone's worried about you!" Kai worriedly yelled as he gave Tao a light nudge. "Are you doing well though?"

"Wow, you just shouted at me and asked me if I was doing well?" Tao snickered. "Yeah, I am. Sorry for the troubles I cause this night." Looks met his eyes, and Tao rolled his eyes, pouting. "Fine! I'm sorry for all the troubles I caused for the past eight nights."

"Did Kris-hyung scold you?" Sehun worriedly asked as he sat next to his bruised hyung.

"No. He rather acted cool headedly on me." Tao said in disbelief. "Weird."

"Not even a single yell or violent reaction?"

"Not even one!"

"Wow. I guess he does have a soft spot on you, Tao-hyung." Kai laughed. "So, do you remember anything or did you hit your head too hard as per usual?"

"I did hit my head but there's something that I cannot simply forget." Tao smiled.

"Really? What?"

"The girl."

"Oh, the one you just kissed? Speaking of that, I must inform you that thanks to your careless action, that poor girl is affiliated with us! She'll be in trouble because of you." Sehun scolded.

"I know, but I was just too happy to see her again."

"What? Have you met Minjee-noona already?" the two asked in surprise.

"I could say that we grew up 3 years back then." Tao laughed. "Man, was she cute when she was little."

"... What? Wait, can it be-?" Kai gasped.

"Yes, Jongin." Tao nodded, calling Kai even by his real name. "She's the girl I've always told you guys about." His right arm travelled under his the long sleeve wrapping his left arm. He pulled out a red string which had a golden bell on it. Tao smiled by the small sound it emitted.

"Wow. Who knew?" Sehun smiled. "Congratulations, hyung!"

"Yeah. I'm really glad. Best night ever." Tao smiled. "I saw my Minjee again, after seven years."

 

"Tao!" the thirteen years old Minjee called out. Tao, who was sitting silently in the garden, turned around, his silver fur slightly wet from the rain. Minjee knelt down to Tao and wrapped his body with a clean and dry white towel. Her smile made Tao's flutter. "I'm sorry if Haewon-oppa had to keep you out, he's just in a bad mood."

Tao nodded. Eversince he came into the household, Haewon always hated him. A lot.

"But hey, I've got a gift for you, boy!" Minjee giggled and brought out a black box with a turquoise colored ribbon on it. She carefully untied it and opened it, revealing something shiny. Tao tilted his head in curiousity and with his eyes, he tried to see the object that shone.

"Here. I made this myself!" Minjee proudly stated out and brought out a red-laced golden bell. Her small hands grabbed them carefully and brought the necklace around Tao's neck. It fitted him well, and Tao was exteremly thankful that he placed his head on Minjee's shoulder.

"I guess that's a thank you?" Minjee giggled and hugged her wolf tightly. "You're welcome, Tao!" she smiled and savored the warm hug she and Tao shared.

 

"Sehun, Kai." Tao spoke.

"Yeah?" the two answered.

"You two know Minjee, yes?"

"Yeah." Kai nodded.

"Something wrong, hyung?" Sehun questioned.

A smile crawled up into Tao's lips. His eyes sparkled with hope and he nodded. "I've got a wee little favor to ask you guys."

"What's it? Lay it on!" the two laughed.

"I want you to help me meet Minjee once again."

 


 

AYO GUYS!

HOW'RE YOU LIKING THE STORY SO FAR?

Woah~~~ 2 upvotes and 19 subscribers? Really?

 

YOU GUYS ARE JUST... AKJGHSAKSGHAGHS

-insert ugly sobbing here. LOL-

 

ANYWAYS~

I just think I should retain the Chinese member's way of honorifics. You know "gege" and stuff? And since none of the Chinese members are younger than Minjee, no need to use "jie jie" or the Chinese honorific for older sister. (am I correct? XD LOL.)

So, yeah. That's all~

Enjoy reading as the other events begin to unfold.

This is just the start of this fantastic love-twisted tale!

 

 

And for now, I'm trying to cram how to make Minjee and Tao meet.

enjoy the gifs for now ;~;

HAHA LOL.

 

       (IF YOU GUYS DID NOT NOTICE, I PLACED A SLIGHT TAORIS MOMENT HERE IN LE STOREH HAHA LOL. SQUEEEEEEALLLLLLSSSSS)