V

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kiss.

That was the only thing that ran around Minjee's mind. The kiss she gained last night from the seemingly familiar stranger. It was running in her mind 24/7 now! It's annoying and her face wouldn't stop flushing into a bright shade of pink for no reason that Haewon nearly thought she was sick and nearly prohibited her from attending today's school.

But with some cute acts and cute "please with a cherry on top", Haewon let his younger sister go. Minjee seemed to be okay at first, but once she got in class, she soon to drift her mind off yet again and she was lost in a trance.

"Ms. Kang?" her professor called out, making her jolt and blink a few times before her eyes met her classmates' judging eyes and her professor's worried face. "Are you okay, Ms. Kang?"

"... Yes, sir." she smiled before blushing lightly.

"Are you feeling well? You seem... red?"

"I'm okay, sir. Carry on." she giggled before averting her eyes onto her notebooks and textbooks. With one careless shove of her hand, she dropped her pen and when she tried to reach for it, her head unluckily bumped into the table and that made her fall down the chair. When she tried to get up, she bumped her head once again. "Ow!" she hissed as she winced in pain.

"Ms. Kang, I think you are not okay." her worried professor stated out, clicking his tongue.

"I suppose I am not, sir." she sighed. "I think I am not."

"Can someone please take Ms. Kang to the school clinic then? Mr. Park? Ms. Lee? Ms. Kim? Anyone?"

With some luck showering on her, a good spirited female classmate of her decided to accompany the flushed red Minjee to the clinic. She could walk, true, and her head wasn't feeling hurt nor was her sight blurred. It was kind of awkward that her classmate insisted on having her arm around her shoulder.

"Thank you for bringing me here." Minjee smiled as her classmate left her in the clinic. The nurse adviced her to take some rest for a while and that means she has to miss a subject. Great.

She simply lay down on the bed quietly, her eyes looking up on the ceiling. The silence made her think the kiss more! It was driving her nuts. Why won't you leave my head?! Why can't you just evaporate and leave my darn-

"Noona?" a particular voice called out, making Minjee look around and see Sehun enter the clinic. Her eyes grew wide by the sight of the younger with his bottom lip bleeding. She hurried and stood up, caressing Sehun's face.

"Goodness, Sehun! What happened? Who did this to you?" Minjee worriedly cried out and the younger's silver hair. "A-are you okay? Are there any other wounds? Bruises? Scratches-"

"Minjee-noona, I'm okay." Sehun laughed and held his senior's hands. "I just got hit while we were playing soccer. You see, my classmate's quite new to it since he rarely plays it and accidentally kicked it on my face. I bit my lip and that caused my lip to bleed. It's nothing serious but our teacher insisted me to go here."

"... Aigoo, I was dead worried. I thought you got into a fight or something."

"If I did, I would've came here wielding bruises and my face would've been jacked up. And guess what, I don't fight." Sehun laughed and headed to sit down. "Noona is quite worriful, eh?"

"Only at some time." Minjee smiled and seeing the nurse was out, she decided to act herself. She carefully got the first aid kit and instructed the silver haired guy to sit down and stay still. Some cotton balls and liquid medicine, she carefully and like a mother, tended Sehun's wounds.

"Thank you." Sehun smiled sweetly. "You're like a mom, noona."

"Really now? I prefer noona than mom though." Minjee laughed and patted the wounded part carefully before putting a small bandage over it. "There, next time, be careful!"

"I will." Sehun giggled.

With a few chats as Minjee lay peacefully on the bed, Sehun told her how he always have fun in school with Kai. Minjee learned how active the two are, and despite being quite a handful, they are like angels that no one see. Minjee learned how it was only Sehun and Kai in school and how others didn't get along with them.

They were kind of like her.

And in that moment, Minjee recalled something and turned to Sehun. "Say, can I ask you a favor?" she asked, looking straight into Sehun's black eyes.

"Yes. Of course, what is it?" Sehun asked in a soft tone.

"Remember that guy yesterday? That brother of yours that you said always go missing?"

"... Oh! Are you perhaps referring to Tao-hyung?"

"Yeah."

"What about him?"

"Does he live with you perhaps?" Of course he does, idiot Minjee! They're freaking brothers.

"Of course he does, noona. Why?" Sehun asked yet again.

"Um, nothing." she blushed. Inside her thoughts, she badly wanted to ask if she can see him again for one more time. She somewhat thought that if she sees Tao's face, she'd forget the kiss and everything and be okay. She believes that if she clears things up, she'd forget them as if it never happened in her entire life.

Sehun, meanwhile, still remember what the question he had met yesterday night. He feels that something is being hidden from him by Minjee. It's not usual for her to just ask something like that despite him knowing her for just days. He feels that this older lady wants to meet Tao like Tao wants to meet Minjee.

And in that moment, he smiled.

A smile when an idea popped in his mind.

Once he was off the clinic to attend his next subject classes, he ran across Kai, who had just seemingly came from the restroom. Being classmates they are, he wasted no time, while the teacher was gone, in telling his brilliant plan. He made a paper ball and aimed for Kai. Throwing it at the perfect strength and direction, he hit Kai's head with is, thus, gaining the brownish-red haired student's attention. "What?" Kai shouted across the room. Sehun blinked and gestured the other to come to his seat, which Kai did so.

"What's up, Sehunnie?" he asked, tilting his head.

"You'll never guess, Kai! Minjee-noona also wants to meet and see Tao-hyung again!" Sehun clapped.

"For real? Wow, this is perfect!"

"I know, and I've made a perfect plan for the two!"

"Really? Well, mind sharing it to me? I might help."

"Oh, you will! You're in the plan too." Sehun smirked and whispered his plan into Kai's ear. The other listened carefully to the perfect plan the silver-haired individual came up with and once he was done listening, his lips curled up into a smirk as his eyes showed interest.

"Oh Sehun." Kai smirked.

"Yeah?"

"You are one heck of a genius, man! I'm in!" Kai laughed and gave a high-five to his brother. "I'm proud of your genius plan!"

"Eh, I know I am a genius, Kai. No need to say it." Sehun winked.

 

"Classes are dismissed."

Minjee hurried out of the class and walked off, straight home. For some reason, she turned back to see where Sehun and Kai was since she did get used to the days they would call out her name and link arms with her, blinking those sparkly eyes of theirs and asking if she can accompany them to the city and sometimes, ask if they can walk her home.

Oh, how she loved the care they gave her.

"Noona!" two voices cried out. Minjee smiled secretly before turning around to meet Sehun and Kai. "Yes, boys?" she asked, giggling a bit. "Are you here to ask if you can walk me home or accompany you to the city?"

"For the first time, no." Kai laughed and held Minjee's hand. "You see, we don't know this way to this particular store." he said and handed out a flyer to her. Minjee tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at the texts written over the flyer.

"Oh, this? Yeah, I think I know this place." Minjee nodded and pointed somewhere in the horizon. "Take a turn to the left and on the second block, turn right, go straight and you'll see a green build-"

"Noona, neither Kai or I are good with directions. May you please accompany us?" Sehun smiled innocently and cutely.

"Fine. Just because I can't stand you two being helplessly lost out there. The guilt'll haunt me for life if that ever happens!" Minjee laughed and linked her arms with Kai and Sehun. "Come on you little troublemakers."

As the trio walked off, Minjee heard squeals behind her and that made her curious and turn around. She saw a crowd of highschool girls running their way and that made her more confused. Kai and Sehun turned back and Minjee heard the two hardly gulp. "Something wrong?" she asked.

"Run." the two faintly said.

"What?"

"RUN!"  Hesitating no more, Kai brushed Minjee to his arms and carried her in some sort of bridal way and was sent running. Sehun nearly tripped while running as if the crowd of females were predators and they were their preys. It scared them a lot as if it was to be their worse nightmare. They ran in a blinding lightning speed.

Meanwhile, someone was still left dumbfounded. "Kim Kai, put me down this instant! Hey! Can you even hear me? Jongin! Put me down! Yah! YAH!!!"

And so, while running, Kai and Sehun suffered terribly loud squeals from the girls chasing them...

... and the awfully ear-splitting shouts of Minjee and her flailing arms.

"Geez, what was that about?" Minjee cried once she got her feet back to the ground. She dusted her clothes off and fixed her hair before switching back her attention to the juniors, her arms crossing on her chest. "What has gotten into those girls?" she sighed.

"Let's just say they're Kai's fangirls." Sehun panted.

"Fangirls? You mean admirers?"

"Yup. Kai is quite a hearthrob in our school! He sends every single girl head over heels for him!" Sehun laughed. "Though I don't understand what they see with him."

"They like the bad boy style of men." Kai sighed. "And everyone mistakes me as one because of my ways!"

"Then if they like the bad boy style, why aren't my fans as much as yours?"

"Sehun, really? You're an oversized cutie, not a manly bad boy!" Kai teased. "Plus, remember that you dyed your hair rainbow once? Man, was that a turn off! And your lisp. Seriously? Who'd fall for you-"

"Yah! I am definitely not cute. It's not my fault puberty makes me a giant, at least I'm not cursed to be as short as Suho-hyung! And rainbow is manly, come on! And my lisp is adorable!"

"Exactly! You are the adorable type!"

"Sheesh, enough you two." Minjee laughed and patted the two's shoulder. "If Kai here is such a hearthrob, then why haven't I fallen in love with him, hm? For your information, I'm easy to be attracted." she winked.

"... Burn!" Sehun laughed and punched Kai's shoulder, making the other howl in pain and return back Sehun's attack until they were playfully punching one another. Thankfully, Minjee stopped them and they went on their way. "So, as far as I remember, that place is just around here somewhere." Minjee mumbled.

With her attention fully focused on finding the place, she didn't even realize that Sehun and Kai quietly snuck out of her and went off, purposely leaving the poor girl alone. "Hey, Sehun, Kai, what are you two up to in that place anyway?" Minjee asked as she turned around to see the guys behind her back.

Unfortunately..

"Where are they?" Minjee blinked as she saw she was alone. She began to realize where she was and it's an alley! Ugh! Those thugs! she thought and hurriedly ran back, recalling her previous tracks. Once she was out of the alley, she turned around and tried to look for Sehun and Kai. Running here, running there until-

BANG!

"Ouch, watch it!" a masculine voice cried out, slightly higher than typical male voice. Minjee rubbed her head and winced in pain before opening her eyes and seeing who she just bumped into.

Well built man, pale yellow hair and sparkling black eyes. His body was clad in black and white clothes and something like a silver around his neck. His eyes were cat-like, and that made Minjee tilt his head.

"Miss? Are you okay?" he asked, and that made Minjee jolt up. She heard that voice somewhere already and she tried recalling it. Once she did, she stood back to her feet and pointed her index at him. "You!" she cried, making the other back off. "You're that guy from the alley!"

"H-Huang Zitao!" Minjee literally yelled. "You are the guy accused of stealing my first kiss!"

Tao winced and blinked multiple times. He was not yet good with Korean as Kris always communicated with him in Chinese and he grew up with his mother tongue as Chinese! He analyzed the words carefully before he knew what Minjee said. "What? Me? Huh?" he stuttered as he continued to back off.

"Yes, you! You were that guy in the alley!" she cried and began talking steps forward as Tao took stepped backwards.

"Look, um, I have no recollections of what happened last night or whatever, but please forgive me!" he cried in a nervouse tone. "I swear! I never meant it!"

"Really now?!" Minjee cried. "You are just... gr!"

"Miss, calm down please!"

"You even freaking smelled me! What is your problem?"

"I swear I never- wait, I smelled you?"

"Yes you did, you ert!"

"I am no ert!" Tao shouted.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes! Affirmative! I am no ert you accuse of!"

Minjee and Tao stood there, glaring at each other. People just passed by, weirded out by how the two were acting. Tao then realized who this girl was and he retreated, switching from a brave one to somewhat a fragile one. His smile appeared and he softly laughed in disbelief. Oh, how can he spend those past seconds not noticing who this lady was?

The girl he vowed to protect...

"Kang Minjee?" he said, making Minjee back off in surprise. "I-is that you?"

"Wha- How'd you know my name? Who are you to me?" she cried.

"You don't recognize me?" Tao asked. "I'm-"

"Hyung!"

Oh for crying out loud, talk about wrong timing! Two boys came running to them, one had silver hair and the other, brownish red haired. They were both clad in black uniform vests and were obviously covered in their own sweat too. "Finally! We found you!" Sehun cried, clutching his chest tightly.

"Sehun! You guys really are-!" Tao growled.

"Sehun? Kai? Where were you?" Minjee asked and walked towards the two, hugging them tightly and wiping off the sweat balls on their heads. "I was greatly worried for you! Where have you two been?"

"We got lost. Sehun saw this kitten and got attracted to him. He ran and I chased him, forgetting that we, um-" Kai laughed nervously. "Forgot you."

"Aigoo, you will really give me one day a heart attack! And what's up with your brother here? How'd he know my name?" Minjee asked confused as she turned her eyes to Tao. "Have we ever even met?"

Knowing that it was not the right time to know their identities, Sehun stepped in between and smiled, a brilliant and flawless explanation ready to be fired away. "Don't you recall? He and you used to go to the same school when you were little! We knew that only yesterday night!" Sehun giggled.

"We did?" Tao and Minjee blinked. The lady then turned at Tao and the male noticed it. Once he did, he laughed. "I mean... yeah! We did!" Tao giggled. "I suppose she doesn't recall me."

"I don't recall having a schoolmate with such name as you." Minjee said.

"I, um, yeah. You never really noticed me." Tao laughed.

"... Okay then. But you haven't answered my question yet! Why'd you kiss me?" Minjee angrily asked.

"He was drunk." Kai answered. "He got into a drunken fight and kissed you. He was drunk. Tao-hyung has low alcohol tolerance so, yeah. Forgive him."

"... No wonder you don't recall anything." Minjee nodded. "Okay, I'll let this off, but next time, you're dead meat when you do that again!" Minjee warned and bowed. "Anyways, I'll head home now. Be careful on your way, Sehun, Kai."

"And to you too, Mr. Huang Zitao." she smiled beautifully and turned her back. With her slowly vanishing to the horizon, Tao turned his attention to the younger ones. "Hey, why didn't you tell me who I really was?"

"What? Do you expect her to believe that you are her wolf that grew up with her for three years? Tao-hyung, she needs more time to learn who we really are. She'd go nuts if she learn them this early!" said Sehun. "We only met her for a few days and we want her to get used to us."

"You don't want her to get away again, right? Plus, we're tasked to protect her, all thanks to you." Kai added.

"I didn't mean it to leave my scent on her." Tao pouted and crossed his arms. "Besides, now we do have to protect her, I'll get to spend more time with her. I can make up those previous seven years with her!"

"... Yeah right." the two laughed and tapped Tao's shoulder. "Let's go home, lover boy." Kai teased and began to walk back home. Tao simply looked at Minjee, who had completely vanished in the horizon. He sighed and followed Kai and Sehun back home, with high hopes and dreams that he and Minjee will be the same again.

That they can be friends yet again just like how they used to be.

Meanwhile, Minjee, while walking back home, smiled secretly. How happy was she to see the face of who stole her kiss and for some reaosn, everytime she recalled his face, her heart flutered. Butterflies were in her stomach that she literally squealed inside. She was happy.

And with the fluttering of her heart, she knew exactly one thing.

"I've got to meet Tao again! I just have to!" Minjee giggled. "I think I'm liking him."