XXII

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What the , are you confessing your love to me?" Minjee gasped in surprise, not being able to believe the other's word. "A-are you for real, Zitao?" 

"... I guess I am." Tao nodded, his face still as bright red as ever. "I am speaking honestly."

"... Oh my, holy-" Minjee blinked as she got dazed. This has to be a dream! Definitely a dream! "Oh, and no, this is not a dream." Tao tried to smile, seemingly reading the other's mind, making the female jump on her feet in surprise and blush bright red. She cannot believe things happening right before her eyes. It was just out of this world, that a wolf, a wolf and HER wolf, was confessing his love for her right now.

"... Tao, this cannot be happening." Minjee said, head hanging low as she crossed her arms on her chest. 

"But... it is already-"

"You don't understand! You cannot love me and I know that fact! We cannot be in love with one another."

"Not you too, Minjee. Look, I'm willing to-"

"Enough! I'm a human, you're a wolf. I should be protected and you're my protector along with the whole EXO." Minjee said as she scowled her eyebrows. "You should focus on protecting me, a human you brought along with this mess, not in loving me! Keep that in mind, Huang Zitao."

"How can I focus in protecting you, hm? All I can think is you, you and you. I'm just... in love with you. Why can't no one understand that?" Tao stomped as he curled his hands into a fist.

"You are the one not understanding things! Do you have any ideas why you cannot fall in love with me? Why your brothers keep telling you not to fall in love with me? Do you even have any ideas, huh, Huang Zitao-?"

"M-maybe I don't have any ideas! But, Minjee, li-"

"What? Listen again? Why don't you try listening to me instead?" Minjee sighed as she sat down again, calming herself down from the rage she had. "Look, I'm sorry I snapped, but can we please take things nice and slowly first?" she said, smiling faintly. "Okay?"

"... Okay."

"Okay, so first, do you have any ideas what can happen if you fall in love with a human?" Minjee asked seriously, looking straight at Tao's eyes. "Do you... even have a single idea what will happen to you?"

Silence.

"Tao...?"

"Whatever the reason is, I don't care."

"Tao-"

"I don't care whatever the reason is." Tao said, refusing to look at the female's eyes. "I don't care..-"

"Sehun told me lately, and I am pretty much concerned." Minjee said, making Tao look at her eyes in surprise. "W-what did Sehun tell you?" Tao asked. "Everything."

And in that moment, Tao knew... it was game over for him and Minjee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minjee-noona! Let's go to that cafe!" Sehun said, inviting Minjee to a nearby cafe with a rather intruiging atmosphere. Of course, Minjee can definitely not say "no" to that cute face of the younger, thus, she agreed. It was beginning to get late, but hey, a few minutes more in that cafe with a trusty junior wouldn't hurt, would it? 

"Is this my treat?" Minjee giggled as she wrapped her arms around Sehun.

"Nope! It's Sehunnie's treat!" the younger cutely answered, looking straight at Minjee. "Order anything, noona! I'll take the payings!"

"D'aw, aren't you just a gentleman?"

"Luhan-hyung raised me like this since I was a pup- I mean, a kid. I mean, he always made it clear that I should be respectful no matter what, especially to girls!" Sehun smiled. "One time, when I was like twelve, I was super respectful to him because he looked-"

"He looked girly?"

"Yes!"

"You do have one unique sense of humor there, Sehun!" Minjee chuckled as she got them a table. After Sehun ordered, he came running towards Minjee and sat in front of her without wasting any time. He plopped down and once he did, their chats were endless. They talked about this and that and everything else.

"So, Sehun, how did it feel when you first came here?" Minjee suddenly asked, curiousity kicking in her. 

"What do you mean, noona?"

"You know, as a wolf disguised as a human."

"... I found it hard to blend in. Everyone did." she giggled.

"Aw, that's adorable."

"... But, there was one thing we cannot do." Sehun said, sadness suddenly overcoming his once bright face.

"And what might that be?" Minjee asked, tilting her head slightly to the right in wonder. "You guys seem so perfect, what else can you not do?"

"... We can't love humans, especially human girls." Sehun said in agony.

"What? But you guys like me, a lot!" Minjee giggled as she held Sehun's hand. "Don't talk nonsense-"

"Not like, noona, love. It's two different things. We cannot love humans because..."

"... Because?"

"We get weak in love. It's like our only weakness aside from normal wolf weaknesses. Love is an enemy to us. It's a law of nature for wolves to end up with wolves and humans be with humans." he sighed. "Dogs be dogs, cats be cats and plants be plants. A predator cannot love his prey." 

"... What?"

"Yes. So, if ever I fall in love with noona, remind me of that, okay?" he smiled. "Or if any of my brothers do! Don't let them fall in love with you or any other human!" 

"Sehun-"

"Promise me, noona. Promise me."

"... Okay." she smiled. "I promise with all my heart."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you get what I mean now?" Minjee said, sighing heavily. "You're a wolf and I'm a human. You get to end up with a fellow wolf and I have to end up with a human. It's nature's law."

"Then I'm willing to break nature's law!" Tao said. To be honest, Minjee was rather shocked by the way Tao insisted. His brothers told her that Tao is the fragile one who can't even stand up for himself! He needs either Kris or maybe Suho to protect him. But now? He is even wanting to defy the original laws between wolves and humans and everything!

Was love really this powerful?

"Tao-"

"I've always liked you since we met! Since I was a little pup, I knew I had to protect you for eternity, and one way to do that is to be with you for eternity. I grew up with you for years and everything, and we did get separated for seven years, and now we're reunited, should we just let us get separated again?" Tao asked, getting near in tears. "Please, I cannot bear that pain anymore. Those nights every year, I always worry if you're doing good or not! I worry for you greatly and everything, and now, we've met again. I am relieved that you're well and yes, I am still madly in love with you no matter what I do. I just-"

"Tao..." Minjee sighed and cupped the male's cheeks together. "Listen to me, as much as I'd want to be yours and you be mine, we can't, okay? First and foremost, my oppa despise males around me. Second, your brothers, will they approve? Third, you're a wolf and as you guys address humans, I'm a beauty. Lastly, wolves and humans cannot match!" she softly said.

"But I can handle things now! I'm not the fragile one anymore. I can stand up for anything now!" Tao insisted.

"You can't! You can't do anything yet! Kris-oppa even had to fake being you to protect me because you can't protect me." Minjee yelled.

"I can! Why won't you believe me?"

"Because you can't! What makes you think that you can?"

"YOU!"

"... What?"

"You're the one who made me think that I can. You were the one that made me think that I have to stand up for myself... to protect that one being I love the most... and that's you, Kang Minjee." Tao sobbed, tears rolling down his eyes. "I know that I'm a wolf and that you are a human, but can't we just try? I know that will pure will... we can overcome this obstacle."

"... Tao, I can't bear to be your weakness. I cannot be someone who'll mean that you'll be weaker than you are." Minjee frowned, looking down on the floor. "I mean... sure, I like you too, more than a friend or your mistress or... whatever I am to you. I love you too but-"

"But what?"

"... I just can't." she sighed.

"I understand." Tao smiled as he felt Minjee wipe his tears away. "I think laws can't be broken just like that."

"... Tao-"

"Here." Tao said, handing her the stalk of rose flower. "Keep it. Tomorrow, I'll forget that this ever happen, so you should too. I'm a wolf, and you're the beauty, and I'm going to protect you alone. No more, no less." he smiled and turned his back. "Come along, I'm taking you home, Minjee."

"... Tao." she frowned and sighed, head hung low. She kind of felt bad that she rejected her bestfriend's confession to her that easy. It was heart breaking and she knew it. He likes her, she likes him, what's wrong with that? The law? It's always that one ing law. It was always that one law that stands on bright futures.

May it be on dramas...

... in novels...

... or in reality. It always breaks the most wonderful things that might happen sooner or later. Minjee feared breaking laws eversince because she knew that breaking things never leads to anything well. It always ends up horrible, but if this is them being talked about, it's different most probably.

She can't bear to be hurt nor can she see someone she loves hurt.

And one way.

Is to break laws of nature.

"Huang Zitao!" Minjee cried out loudly, making Tao pause on his tracks and wait for Minjee to finish her words. "... You might be correct in some point. Maybe... laws can't tell us what to do always."

"What?"

"Why don't we try? It won't hurt, would it?" she smiled, making Tao turn around and look at the female, rather surprised by her sudden words. "What are you saying?" he asked, blinking in confusion. 

"Maybe we can try." Minjee smiled and held the rose stalk near her chest. "Because, well, if it weren't for that stupid law, my answer is a big yes."

"Yes to?"

"Duh, yes to being yours." she blushed as she looked down. 

"... Really? You're going to be my mate?" Tao said, his eyes lighting up.

"If that's how you call your girlfriend, sure." she smiled as she walked towards the taller guy. "I mean, hey, I like you, you like me. You just confessed to me and... yes. I'm saying yes." she giggled.

"... Is this for real?"

"If you don't want, I can change my answer-"

"Oh, shut up you." Tao sobbed as he pulled the shorter individual into a tight hug of joy. How happy was he to hear that sweet "yes" from Minjee, and he will definitely prove that laws aren't something to dictate them over loving who and to do this and that, avoid this and that. It's their own free will, nothing can say so.

It was them against that darn law.

And they'll prove it no matter what. 

"I promise, you won't regret anything, Minjee." Tao smiled in between tears of joy.

"I expect that, my dear beloved wolf." Minjee laughed and wrapped her arms around the taller individual. Soon, the savored the moment as Tao placed a small peck on the female's forehead, and not that soon, footsteps were heard to come nearer and nearer to them. "What's that?" Minjee gasped.

"EXO." Tao answered and held Minjee's hand. "Let's play a game with them. Come along!" he giggled and ran, dragging her along with him  behind. She had this small urge to simply follow and giggle, playing with the whole EXO might be fun since, well, Tao seems happy to do so, so maybe it would be fun for her too.

"Tao!" Chanyeol called out.

"Tao-hyung! We know you're here!" Kai cried.

"Huang Zitao! Come out wherever you are you darn yellow-headed dork!" Chen cried as he looked around. "Gosh, where is that Tao?"

"Who knows?" Luhan sighed heavily. "Are you sure he went here, Sehun?"

"Mhm! I saw him go here when I was heading home." Sehun nodded innocently. "I swear!"

"He's hiding obviously." Suho growled. "Hurry, we've got to find him and take him home! I can't bear to be out here more, who knows what might happen?" 

"Less talks, more action. Hurry!" Kris commanded and ran in a straight direction, followed soon by Xiumin, Lay and D.O. Suho, Baekhyun and Chanyeol took the right, Kai, Chen, Luhan and Sehun taking the left. Oh, how clueless were they for Minjee and Tao were only hiding behind a rather big bush.

"This is fun." Minjee giggled. "But... why are we hiding again?"

"Hey, I wouldn't want to reveal things yet to my brothers." Tao snickered softly. "Maybe next time."

"Aw, I was rather looking forward to their reactions!" she giggled. "But, what'll you say if they ask you?"

"Ask me what?"

"Well, what you were doing out here with a rose stalk?" 

"I'll come up with something eventually."

"... Sheesh, you are a troublemaker, Zitao."

"Can't help it." Tao laughed and carefully peeked behind the leaves. "Yup, they're still searching for me." he giggled.

"I do have to get home soon."

"Oh, right. Come along." he said, carrying Minjee bridal-style, making the female squeal softly as she wrapped her arms around Tao's neck, scared that she might fall. "Don't. You. Dare. Drop. Me!" she hissed.

"Hah, why would I?" Tao laughed. "Hold on, I'm running quite fast."

"Way ahead of you, dude."

"Alright." he nodded and began to run as quick as lightning, avoiding his brothers' attention and eyes. Thankfully, he succeeds and escaped the park from being seen, them giggling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Here we are, dear." Tao smiled sweetly and carefully placed Minjee down on the ground upon arriving at their residence. "Thanks again."

"Thanks for what?" Minjee asked, smiling as she raised a brow at him.

"For accepting my confession of... well-"

"Love?"

"Um.. y-yeah."

"Oh, Tao." she smiled, shaking her head. "You know, I don't mind if my boyfriend is a wolf or anything."

"Really? For real, Minjee?"

"Mhm."

Sooner or later, Minjee saw that Tao's eyes were turning bright scarlet, like that when his beast is being unleashed. This time, she knew exactly that Tao wasn't hungry or whatever, he was simply unleashing his wolf beast for no reason. "Minjee, this is my true form. I'm a wolf, and chances of you getting hurt under my presence is big. This is who I really am, a dangerous wolf."

"I don't care." she smiled and held Tao's hands. "I still like you, may you be a wolf or a human or whatever creature there is existing in this world." 

"... Sweet." he giggled, hugging Minjee once again. "Good night."

"Good night." she smiled and playfully pinched Tao's cheeks before pecking his left cheek and opening the door of her house. Once the door was closed, Tao smiled and walked back to their home to meet his brothers hopefully. 

He was happy.

Too happy that he forgot the problems that might occur.

"I'm a wolf and you're a beauty." he hummed as he walked down the streets, his eyes meeting the half moon and the dark sky. 

"Eh, doesn't matter." he laughed and nodded. Even if it were to love as his weakness, it is not an obstacle. It's not an excuse to give up.

 


 

TaoJee ALERT!

 ♥ 

Party people!

 

Guys, I literally squealed while writing this chapter. I'm not that used with cheesy moments, it even gave me goosebumps but ahjdgahgsglh I am super duper extra ultra whatever level there is existing in the world happy that TaoJee is born! akhskjghag

 

That's all to say~