XXXIII

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Goodness.

What happened last night?

Minjee slowly rose up just to find her alone in a rather familiar bed. Her whole body was wrapped in a perfectly soft and smooth white blanket, and that gave her both comfort and warmth.

... and coverings.

"Holy-!" she nearly screamed as she saw nothing on her. She was definitely . She was dazed and rather shocked to what her eyes saw and slowly, she saw marks around her. Lots of marks. Bruises, scratches, and even a wound on her left shoulder blade. She felt numb and weak. Her slim fingers traveled to her used-to-be-rose colored lips, now in the color of light purple, obviously bruised. Her head was spinning. "What have I done last night...?" she softly asked as she couldn't believe the forbidden actions she committed the night before. She refused to believe. 

"Get yourself together, Kang Minjee. You can get through this." she cheered and quickly dressed up. She noticed how late it was and how messy the room was. There were feathers around the room and a few furnitures were broken..

And the sheets were torn as well. "Beast." she frowned and continued dressing up. A few minutes lapped and she finally walked out of the room, greeting her were ten men, all eyes on her. "Good morning." Xiumin greeted.

"Morning." she smiled faintly. The smile didn't last that long as her eyes met Tao's, who was somewhat guilty to look at her. "Oh my go- noona!" Kai cried in worry as he spotted the purple marks on Minjee's neck and the few scratches on her cheeks. "What the heck- Tao-hyung! What have you done to her?!-"

"Kai, calm down, I'm alright." she smiled.

"No you're not! You're hurt!" Kai snapped.

"I'm alright-"

"I never meant to hurt her, Kai." Tao softly answered. "I never wanted to but... she's a human and I'm a wolf. What do you expect? We're in different levels. Big, different levels. I'm sorry." 

"It's no one's fault." Minjee spoke up. "It was my free choice and I don't regret it, I guess."

"But look at you!" Kai cried.

"It'll heal soon." Minjee smiled. 

"Come here. I've got the right medications for your wounds." Lay said, offering a hand to the female, which Minjee didn't hesitate to hold and in seconds, she and Lay were sitting on the couch, the older male treating the younger's wounds and bruises. "Why'd you two fight?" Lay asked softly.

"Excuse me?"

"You and Zitao fought. What happened?"

"Fought?"

"Mhm. See? He got a bit physical towards you and-"

"Was that what Kris-oppa told you?"

"Not only him, it was everyone's reason."

And I thought I was the only innocent one. "Ah, right. It's just a little misunderstanding, oppa. Nothing to worry." she smiled. "Besides, I wanted to help him so, yeah."

"Help him with heat? What's heat?"

"... Problems." she awkwardly smiled. Inside, she was rather shocked to learn how clueless and pure-minded Lay was. Not all boys are like him these days. After bandages and proper treatment were given to her. Minjee made her way back to the group and with courage, sat next to the awkward Tao. As expected, the male was fallen into deep embarrassment, guilt and awkwardness. 

Half the morning rather passed quickly. Some decided to go back into their slumber, some were busy being active, others went to the city to get some of their needs and everything. 

Tao and Minjee remained awake, both sitting next to each other yet completely silent. Tao refused to look of hold Minjee while Minjee was just too dazed of the things that happened. "You shouldn't feel guilty, you know." Minjee softly said, nearly inaudible. 

"I hurt you. I should feel guilty." Tao frowned, still not eyeing the female.

"You didn't, okay?"

"The bruises, scratches and wounds say that you are. Don't lie."

"I'm not."

"Kang Minjee-"

"You never hurt me." she smiled, hesitating to hold the male's hand.  Noticing that, Tao held on the female's hand lightly and loosely. He still refused to eye the female and Minjee didn't fail to notice that. "Why were you scared?" she questioned, looking at the male.

"I was scared because I know that I'll hurt you."

"You never did and never will, stupid." she smiled before giggling softly. "These bruises did pain me, and so did the scratches and wounds, but hey, just to let you know, last night was the best night ever."

"You don't mean that. I just stole your ity." Tao snickered softly, making Minjee blush into a bright red color.

"Sheesh, shut it, wolf-boy." she pouted and crossed her arms.

 

 

 

 

 

"Tell me again why it was me to come along with you this time, Yifan?" 

"Less talk, more walking."

The cold autumn breeze continued to blow straight in their faces. Xiumin kept shivering while Kris acted as if the slowly-dropping temperature was nothing. And the eldest actually wondered if Kris was just enduring it or he was just born emotionless and carefree. He actually even wondered once if Kris was a real wolf and not someone made out of pieces of cloth, plastic and tape. 

"Where are we going again?" Xiumin questioned, eyeing the taller brother beside him as he tried warming himself up by wrapping his arms around his small body.

"Less talk, more walk-"

"You've been saying that for at least fifteen minutes now, Wu Yifan!" Xiumin exploded. "Can you please just give me a reasonable answer? Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"No."

"Two cherries on top?"

"No."

"Oh what the heck- do you want me to make it millions!?"

"Just shut it and keep walking, Kim Minseok." Kris glared and continued walking. The two were walking for a while now and soon, the two found themselves in an alley. The two brothers bravely entered the dimly lit alley yet fear struck them not. A shadow emerged from the darkness, eyes glowing in a blood-red tint. More of her identity was sealed and clad underneath her dirty-brown colored cap and the black cloth covering her whole body, excluding the eyes. Yes. Her.

"Yifan. Minseok. It's been seven years." the female smiled. 

"What is it this time?" Xiumin asked as he glared at the female's eyes straight. "You know the consequences, don't you?"

"Definitely, but I can't just stand your pathetic pack get beaten so easily. It's too dull if that's the case." she laughed quite softly, making the two twitch in annoyance. "Besides, bond doesn't die so easily, y'know."

"Straight to the point, Meilin, why are you here?" Kris asked, glaring at the female intently.

"Calm yourself, Yifan." Meilin, the female clad in brown cape and black cloths, teasily stated out. "It's not that long to convey anyway, nor is it difficult. Let time flow slowly like the river. You should really learn how to relax."

"We came here because of the message you wield, now spit it out or I will not hesitate!" Xiumin threatened, earning a light chuckle from Meilin. 

"Oh my, feisty as always, aren't we, Minseok? Alright, I wouldn't want myself dirted because of useless and pathetic fights, Minseok. And adding the fact that I did defeat you a thousand times back then when we were pups and  when we were teens."

"You're overreacting, Meilin, it was only five times!" Xiumin pouted.

"Ah, still the same baozi before-"

"Meilin. The message?" Kris interrupted, stretching his left hand forward. Meilin simply looked at it and scoffed before crossing her arms. "You're always the impatient one, Yifan-"

"Kris, Meilin. I prefer Kris."

"Ah, you're beginning to use your little nickname now?"

"Shut it."

"Shall I use Kristina as my name now too when I get banished-"

"Meilin. Message. Now."

"Alright, alright, Wu Yifan." she laughed and reached for something inside her cape. A rather old-looking scroll was given to the two and when they did open it, there was no words. "Is this a joke?" Xiumin glared.

"Before you nag and complain, listen. Give it to the healer and he'll know what to do." Meilin instructed. "That's all. The main message is in the scroll itself."

"Alright. Thank you." Kris nodded and began to walk away with Xiumin, who was instructed to carry the scroll with him. "Wait! Kris!" Meilin called out.

"What?"

"... Be careful and live, alright?" 

"I will. I am the leader of this pack, remember? I wouldn't let them fail and neither will I let myself fail." he smiled. "Quit worry yourself, Meilin.."

"... That's what sisters are for, Yifan." she giggled. "The laws might've said you're no longer in the Wu pack but you always are my big brother deep here." she smiled, pointing at her heart. That made Kris smile faintly and nod. "Be safe on your way back." 

"I will."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We're home!" Xiumin chirpped as he skipped inside and to his surprise, a tight bear hug was given to him by his favorite brother, Chen. "Welcome home, hyung! Where's my food?" Chen jokingly asked, earning a light giggle from the eldest brother. 

"So, where'd you go? What took you so much time outside?" Tao asked as he eyed Kris, who happened to pass behind him. "Where'd you lurk to this time?"

"Yixing." Kris called out, seemingly ignoring Tao's question. In a second, the healer came running towards Kris as soon as he heard his name. "Yes, gege?" Lay asked.

"Gege! I asked you something! I expect an answer." Tao pouted, Minjee eyeing how cute her wolf turned in a split second after being ignored.

"The answers are all there, Tao." Kris said, pointing at the scroll on Xiumin's hands. 

"Why? What's in there?" Baekhyun asked as he casually snatched the paper from the eldest's hands. Frustrated to see no words in it though, he shot a look at Kris. "What sick joke is this?"

"Lay knows what to do." Xiumin said and got back the scroll before handing it to the dimpled wolf. Lay nodded and headed to talk to D.O, who gave him a candle stick. The group gathered in one big circle and sat down, Lay being in the center of course. The candle stick was lit up and carefully, Lay placed the paper a few inches above the flame.

"Be sure not to burn it, Lay-hyung." Chanyeol warned. 

"He won't burn it." Suho smiled.

Soon, as if by magic, words came out written in the scroll. They were written in black ink and conveyed the message. Once all words were out, Lay began to read them aloud to his brothers. "Heed my warning, Wu Yifan and EXO, this is to convey the future plans of our clan." he began.

"Days from now, the whole clan is planning to truly end your existence. You've broken way enough rules and that results to one solid decision: death to EXO. You are, as they say, a shame to our world and to fellow wolves. Helping a mortal years ago and so on. You may not know it but the other rule was broken by the very same person too." he paused.

"Tao-hyung? Why? What rule did he break this time?" Kai blinked.

"ual contact with Minjee." Lay gulped, finally getting what the reason behind Minjee's wounds were. "And you told me they were fighting-!"

"You're too innocent, Lay-hyung. Deal with it." D.O smirked. 

"Continue, Lay." Kris commanded, answered by a nod.

"There are three days for evacuation. Go to another country where none of the wolves roam freely. If I were you, I'd hide already. The whole clan, I repeat, WHOLE CLAN is after EXO. Protect your brothers. Don't die, keep on surviving. Protect yourselves. Protect your human." Lay ended.

"And with whole pack, it's everyone, right?" D.O asked.

"We've killed two packs among our clan, so we're just facing two more." Kris said, tapping his chin. "It's a good side though."

"But with good sides, there're bad sides, right, oppa?" Minjee asked, just to be answered by Kris nodding. "What's the bad side?"

"They are the strongest, and we're no match for them." Xiumin said, making Minjee gasp and jolt up a bit, "So... what do we do then?" Minjee asked.

"We're going to run, for sure. We're no match for them. If we do stand up against them, we're dead meat." Chen cried in fear. "And more for you! You're human and they're wolves."

"The first pack consists of nine female wolves while the other is eleven male wolves. It's no use. We're gonna fail if we do come up with them." Baekhyun frowned.

"What's the plan then, Kris?" Suho asked.

"... Kyungsoo." the leader called out. "Yes?" D.O answered.

"Arrange all of Kai's papers. Pull him out of school later in the afternoon. Tell them that the reason is that we're transferring him in a school in America." Kris ordered, making everyone gasp.

"W-what? Why?" Kai whined. 

"And also Minjee's papers. Pull her out of college." 

"No! You are just my guardians, me being in college is my mom's duty!" Minjee interrupted, earning a heavy sigh from the leader. "Alright." Kris nodded. "Just tell the principal that she won't make it in school for a while due to some reasons."

"W-what for, Kris-hyung?" Chanyeol asked, eyeing the leader in a confused matter.

"We're going to fight." Kris stated out as he got up. "There're three days left for preparation. We need to build a plan before the third day strikes." 

"A-are you mad, hyung?! You're gonna get us all killed!" Suho whined.

"We'll die for sure. We're no match for them." Lay frowned.

"We're not EXO for nothing. We're going to fight. That's the last command." the leader said before heading to his room, leaving everyone in a trance and dumbfounded. Fear struck Minjee but it slowly melted when she heard Tao's words softly.

"I'm not letting you get hurt again. If it's a fight they want, a fight they'll get." Ironic. He's the fragile wolf.